HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who Plays Left Wing???

Old
07-04-2011, 03:10 AM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
I agree that Stepan and Anisimov will rotate around the 2nd and 3rd lines.

I can see Dubinsky rotating with Wolski for the 1st and 2nd line.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Avery or Feds put with Richards for a period of time.
I'm hoping people will realize that Stepan and Anisimov's numbers might be similar to what they produced last season based on them not getting top line minutes at points in the season. They might be playing better, but they might have similar numbers just cause Richards is on the roster.

I hope Torts decided to give Artem some PP time this season. Without having a guy like Prospal who needs PP time, they have players that they signed that don't play the PP. It'd be a sin if they put Rupp, Prust, Avery, and potentially even Boyle on the PP. Feds can fill in every now and then, but the way I look at it, the list of forwards for the PP should go like this (Richards plays the point on the PP if people did not know):

Gaborik
Dubinsky
Callahan
Wolski
Stepan
Anisimov

Only Zuccarello would slot ahead of Anisimov in terms of guys being on the PP. Will he be on the team? We'll see.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 10:19 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Fleischmann already signed in Florida. 4yrs 4.5m
Thanks, missed it in the vortex of past couple of days activity.
As long as it's fresh in your mind, remember if that was 4.5 total (avg. 1.25m/yr) or 4.5m per year?

Thanks again in advance.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 10:23 AM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
As long as it's fresh in your mind, remember if that was 4.5 total (avg. 1.25m/yr) or 4.5m per year?

Thanks again in advance.
4.5 per season

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 10:24 AM
h0ckeyman

Quote:

Thanks again in advance.
$4.5m per year. Overpayment IMO.

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 10:24 AM
turcotte8

Quote:

Thanks again in advance.
It was 4.5 per year.

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 02:19 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

A healthy Prospal at a reasonable price is all this team needs. While it's fun to throw around trade possibilities, I'm more interested in consistency, continuity and versatility. Prospal is all three, and probably pretty cheap too.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 02:30 PM
Zuuuuc

I would love to see Wolski slipping into the LW spot on a line with Richards and Gaborik. I know a lot of people weren't too receptive to him last year, and in all honestly he didn't fit the mold of this team last year.
I think this year Torts will go from 4 grind it out lines to a top skill line followed by 3 grind it out lines. Wolski's bread and butter is playing a skilled game with skilled players, he doesn't have the hustle and determination of a Dubinsky or a Callahan to grind it down, work it to the front and get the garbage goals (then again not many do.)
I am fairly confident that given a full year with PP time on a line with Richards and Gaborik, Wolski can hit 50 points again, heck he hit 65 a few years back and didn't have the likes of Gaborik or Richards on that line

Zuuuuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 02:44 PM
azrok22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb1985 View Post
I would love to see Wolski slipping into the LW spot on a line with Richards and Gaborik. I know a lot of people weren't too receptive to him last year, and in all honestly he didn't fit the mold of this team last year.
I think this year Torts will go from 4 grind it out lines to a top skill line followed by 3 grind it out lines. Wolski's bread and butter is playing a skilled game with skilled players, he doesn't have the hustle and determination of a Dubinsky or a Callahan to grind it down, work it to the front and get the garbage goals (then again not many do.)
I am fairly confident that given a full year with PP time on a line with Richards and Gaborik, Wolski can hit 50 points again, heck he hit 65 a few years back and didn't have the likes of Gaborik or Richards on that line
Which is exactly what you need on a line already with Richards and Gaborik.

IMO, Dubinsky is a much, much better fit than Wolski.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 02:49 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
A healthy Prospal at a reasonable price is all this team needs. While it's fun to throw around trade possibilities, I'm more interested in consistency, continuity and versatility. Prospal is all three, and probably pretty cheap too.
Bad knees, old, lost of speed......no thanks.

Funny guy though.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 02:53 PM
Ola

I know what I would do -- like no doubt -- and thats using Gabby as a left wing. For several reasons; I think BR works best with non-offwing wingers so to speak; I think Cally and BR would be a very good fit but I still want Gabby with BR; I think it would help Gabby to get a fresh start and I think Gabby on LW is more of a N-S player while he becomes more E-W on RW, which really isn't his strength.

Gabby-BR-Cally //Our 3 best forwards would give us a strong first line.
Dubinsky-AA-Zucc //We are short on talent still, and needs to take advantage of what we have. This line is a perfect fit for Zucc, and I think it would have potential to become a very good 2nd line.
Wolski-Stepan-Fedetenko
Avery/Rupp-Boyle-Prust

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 03:10 PM
pld459666

Anyone mention TJ Oshie as a possible trade target. I think he would look great on the LW for Richards and Gabby

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Vitto79

played 2 game with Dubi on the line and one game he got a hat trick and the other Gabby did. So its Dubi

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 03:33 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
I'm hoping people will realize that Stepan and Anisimov's numbers might be similar to what they produced last season based on them not getting top line minutes at points in the season. They might be playing better, but they might have similar numbers just cause Richards is on the roster.

I hope Torts decided to give Artem some PP time this season. Without having a guy like Prospal who needs PP time, they have players that they signed that don't play the PP. It'd be a sin if they put Rupp, Prust, Avery, and potentially even Boyle on the PP. Feds can fill in every now and then, but the way I look at it, the list of forwards for the PP should go like this (Richards plays the point on the PP if people did not know):

Gaborik
Dubinsky
Callahan
Wolski
Stepan
Anisimov

Only Zuccarello would slot ahead of Anisimov in terms of guys being on the PP. Will he be on the team? We'll see.
They SHOULD put Boyle on the 2nd unit. Cally stands in front of the net and screens/deflects on the 1st, Boyle does it on the 2nd.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 04:29 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staal18 View Post
I was watching Gaborik hattrick videos and Avery was on the ice for quite a bit of those goals.
given Torts' habits, i would not be surprised to see all of those combos tried. Well, Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik would probably be the only surprising one.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 04:56 PM
InPrustWeTrust

powerplay unit 1:
Wolski- BD- Gaborik
MDZ- Richards

unit 2-
Stepan/Boyle- AA- Callahan
Staal- Richards/Stepan

InPrustWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 05:32 PM
BlueHavok

call me crazy....but ever since BR was signed, I've been thinking hockey nonstop......so excited for the upcoming season.

Now as sad as the Drury situation was...I'm equally if not more saddened that I just can't place Prospal anywhere in this line-up....I want to. I really like Prospal, and he's work well on the second or third line...but it just isn't going to happen with our glut of players vying for spots....here's how I would set up my lines:

DISCLAIMER: This is bound to piss off a few...but I feel it may be interesting to consider..

Stepan--Richards--Gabby
Wolski/MZA---Dubinsky--Callahan
Fedotenko--Boyle--Prust
Avery--Anisimov/Christensen--MZA/Rupp

girardi-staal
Sauer-McD
Erixon-MDZ

RATIONALE:
Stepan has played and excelled as a LW---he brings grit and a scoring touch....Dubi seems like the natural choice but...

I really don't want to separate Dubi and Cally---good chemistry together, it maximizes both parties.....I know that Dubi compliments a "top talent line" with both hard-nosed blue-collar work and scoring touch, but we get more outta him with Cally. Ditto with Cally....second line is bad ass with both of em together....Fedo would seem like a good compliment BUUUTTTT....

2: Fedo-Boyle-Prust IS OUR BEST DEFENSIVE LINE. Hard breaking those guys up considering what they bring to the team when played together...

3: Fourth line is a mess..i'll admit---Avery doesn't belong on the 4th....and as much as I love 'em, Avery just isn't AVERY anymore....remains to be seen what he does this season...Avery is a really good player IMO, but i don't know where to put him....second line with Dubi and Cally? First Line with BR & Gabby?

I'd prefer Anisimov on the second line ...buuuuutttt

CAN ANISIMOV PLAY LW?!? If he can....big IF...then based on Dubi's better face-off percentages than Anisimov, id go....

Anisimov-Dubi-Cally...second line.

Ok.....I have a headache.......one last scenario....Richards and Gabby don't work well with each other....GULP....ugh..hate even thinking that...buuuuuutttttt.....

Dubi--Richards--Cally
Avery--Anisimov--Gabby
Wolski--Stepan--MZA
Fedo---Boyle--Prust

Extra: Rupp, Christensen

And to consider Hagelin at left-wing...that would just give me a migraine.....whaddyathink?

I think a move needs to be made...and Prospal, really...and honestly...cannot be brought back.....gonna miss his goal celebrations.

Last edited by BlueHavok: 07-04-2011 at 05:40 PM.
BlueHavok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 08:12 PM
CM PUNK

^^mind=blown

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 08:52 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Any thoughts on Iginla? Can he play LW?

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 10:52 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Haven't scanned the whiole thread but has anyone mentioned Max Pacioretty? Emerging left wing, big Ranger fan who was devastated when the Rangers didn't draft him. Would certainly fit from an age and need basis. Of course, the question is whether Montreal is a good trade match for what we have to offer (they sure have been in the past) and what might the cost be?

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 10:56 AM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Haven't scanned the whiole thread but has anyone mentioned Max Pacioretty? Emerging left wing, big Ranger fan who was devastated when the Rangers didn't draft him. Would certainly fit from an age and need basis. Of course, the question is whether Montreal is a good trade match for what we have to offer (they sure have been in the past) and what might the cost be?
He'd be a great fit, but a team full of midgets like Montreal isn't going to let him go easily.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 11:02 AM
NYROrtsFan

Have to agree with the above...

Bring back Prospal. I know people always think the grass is greener on the other side but Vinny is all this team needs. Awesome in the lockerroom. And why people still underrate that trait is beyond me.

He produced last year and it's not like he did so because of other players. He was physically slow at the beginning of the year but brought it up to a manageable level by a month in.

He has the vision to play with a Richards and is one of the few players that we have ever had that shows chemistry with Gaborik. He busts his ass on the ice and clearly has the will to win. Something else that shouldn't be underrated. Sometimes players go through the motions and Vinny is not one of them.

Also have to throw in the fact that continuity is unbelievably important too. In all sports.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 11:04 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
Any thoughts on Iginla? Can he play LW?
Iginla would probably be a deadline acquisition.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 12:11 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
Iginla would probably be a deadline acquisition.
Yeah I agree, but can he play LW?

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 12:16 PM
RidinwitdaKING

I really would like a Sniper/Finisher type player for 1st line LW and keep BD on 2nd line for a couple more years. If we can't get that Super 1st liner what about Mike Grier or Ethan Moreau?
Now I am not that in love with either but they bring experience, size and Grier is a great Penalty Killer. Maybe you then go out at trade deadline to get someone else if needed. Short 1 or 2 yr deals.

RidinwitdaKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Blazephr

I'm thinking Avery is gonna have one of his best camps as a Ranger (contract year) & he'll end up on the 1st line with BR & Gabby to add some grit, get in on the forecheck & work the boards. he did spend a considerable amount of time on a line with Jagr.
Christensen will be waived and would likely get claimed by a team like Floor-rida.

Unless Hagelin blows people's minds in pre-season games...he'll start the year with The Whale, and will possibly be a call-up mid-way thru the season.

I'm predicting Torts will start the season with the following:

Avery- Richards - Gabby
Dubi- Anisimov- Cally
Wolski - Stepan - MZA
Feds - Boyle- Prust

13th F - Rupp

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote