HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who Plays Left Wing???

Old
07-05-2011, 01:48 PM
bernmeister

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
$4.5m per year. Overpayment IMO.
Concur. Worth it if he plays enough + is healthy in best case scenario. Otherwise, way no. Reach.

bernmeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 01:55 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
I'm thinking Avery is gonna have one of his best camps as a Ranger (contract year) & he'll end up on the 1st line with BR & Gabby to add some grit, get in on the forecheck & work the boards. he did spend a considerable amount of time on a line with Jagr.
Christensen will be waived and would likely get claimed by a team like Floor-rida.

Unless Hagelin blows people's minds in pre-season games...he'll start the year with The Whale, and will possibly be a call-up mid-way thru the season.

I'm predicting Torts will start the season with the following:

Avery- Richards - Gabby
Dubi- Anisimov- Cally
Wolski - Stepan - MZA
Feds - Boyle- Prust

13th F - Rupp
I am sure we will see lots of lines & combos. Plus some roster additions and subtractions before the deadline. But if I were Sather/Torts I would suit up the exact lineup you have penciled here above - maybe adding Prospal somewhere if he can be signed for real cheap.
That is a good squad imo (if Hagelin does not blow people away and steals a spot in camp) with lots of potential at both ends.
Bye Bye Christ.

BBKers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 01:59 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardsRngrs View Post
I really would like a Sniper/Finisher type player for 1st line LW and keep BD on 2nd line for a couple more years. If we can't get that Super 1st liner what about Mike Grier or Ethan Moreau?
Now I am not that in love with either but they bring experience, size and Grier is a great Penalty Killer. Maybe you then go out at trade deadline to get someone else if needed. Short 1 or 2 yr deals.
We already have a sniper/finisher on the 1st line. We need a PWF, someone who can create space and work along the boards.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 02:01 PM
mullichicken25

i dont see avery being a realistic solution for the top line

he would maybe work in game by game fill-in senerio but he has proven time and time again that he does not actually have enough skill to be a consistant offensive pressence

he can occasionally fake it, but he doesnt actually have it

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 02:05 PM
NYR Viper

Rene Bourque please.....

MDZ +

And no, I dont just want to dump MDZ, but the value has to be there and with Erixon being brought in, MDZ fills a hole for them.

25-30 goal scorer. 50-60 point power forward. LWer.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 02:07 PM
McSauer
Defense Wins Games

Solution: Alex Radulov! Would make that top line lethal...thoughts?

McSauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 03:15 PM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASeparatePeace View Post
Solution: Alex Radulov! Would make that top line lethal...thoughts?
As I've stated many times...Sign me up for that!

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 03:43 PM
KingWantsCup
Grinch who stole...

vCash: 350
There isn't a doubt in my mind that Dubinsky can net 30+ on the left wing of Richards.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 03:46 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
As I've stated many times...Sign me up for that!
I wish we could get radulov.

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 04:04 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Haven't scanned the whiole thread but has anyone mentioned Max Pacioretty? Emerging left wing, big Ranger fan who was devastated when the Rangers didn't draft him. Would certainly fit from an age and need basis. Of course, the question is whether Montreal is a good trade match for what we have to offer (they sure have been in the past) and what might the cost be?
Pacioretty would be a dynamite pick up, but I can't imagine the Habs letting him go for anything realistic. I'm not up-to-date on how he's recovering from the Chara hit either.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 04:10 PM
NYRKING30

does anybody think that if WW can rebound and find some chemistry presumably with richards-gaborik that he cant net in 20-25 goals with 50 points? for some strange reason i have a feeling richards is going to help wolski more than hes going to help gaborik. i think gaborik will be his normal self if hes healthy next year. i felt like the injury in the home opener last year really derailed his mentality and focus for the season, he has shown that he can perform under the pressure in new york. richiards imo is going to help wolskis game a lot more then gaboriks game..agree/disagree?

NYRKING30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

I'm seeing lots of stuff about Radulov, he set all kinds of records in the KHL. The only thing is, he said the reason he went to the KHL is because they offered him better conditions (I don't know what that really means). Would he even come back to the NHL at this point? I'd love to have him, but I just don't know if he'd ever consider coming back to the NHL, but I'd think joining the New York ****ing Rangers would grab him a bit.

Also, how does Radulov play, is he a Zherdev POS or is he more of an Ovechkin stud?

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 04:22 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
I'm seeing lots of stuff about Radulov, he set all kinds of records in the KHL. The only thing is, he said the reason he went to the KHL is because they offered him better conditions (I don't know what that really means). Would he even come back to the NHL at this point? I'd love to have him, but I just don't know if he'd ever consider coming back to the NHL, but I'd think joining the New York ****ing Rangers would grab him a bit.

Also, how does Radulov play, is he a Zherdev POS or is he more of an Ovechkin stud?
I guess we'll never know

Old
07-05-2011, 04:24 PM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Pacioretty would be a dynamite pick up, but I can't imagine the Habs letting him go for anything realistic. I'm not up-to-date on how he's recovering from the Chara hit either.
He would have been able to play had the Habs gone a bit deeper in the playoffs.

He'll be ready for training camp.

07-05-2011, 04:26 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
I wish we could get radulov.
I do not share this sentiment.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 06:18 PM
MAYO

Let's say we can't land that 1st line LW. what are your thoughts about us using Wolski, E.C. or M.Z.A. as trade bait to get Wheeler from the "Jets" and start the season with Dubi as our 1st line LW.
Dubi-Richards-Gabby
Wheeler-A.A.-Cally
Feds-Stepan-Avery
Rupp-Boyle-Prust

I think the chemistry on that second line would be great.
Wheeler is only signed for one year at 2.2
Flame on!!!

MAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 06:35 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Radulov left an NHL club to go play in the KHL.

He has one year still remaining on his contract in the KHL.

He has talent, but there is more to playing hockey then talent. He's a problem waiting to happen. Not worth any assets. Not worth giving it a try.

NO.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 07:15 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYO View Post
Let's say we can't land that 1st line LW. what are your thoughts about us using Wolski, E.C. or M.Z.A. as trade bait to get Wheeler from the "Jets" and start the season with Dubi as our 1st line LW.
Dubi-Richards-Gabby
Wheeler-A.A.-Cally
Feds-Stepan-Avery
Rupp-Boyle-Prust

I think the chemistry on that second line would be great.
Wheeler is only signed for one year at 2.2
Flame on!!!
I would take Wheeler, definitely. Although I would play him with Stepan as they had chemistry at the WC this past summer.

Dubinsky-Richards-Gaborik
Rupp-Anisimov-Callahan
Wheeler-Stepan-________(MZA/Thomas/Hagelin)
Fedotenko-Boyle-Prust
Avery, EC

Anisimov played his best with Shelley and Prust. Rupp and Callahan give that same type of feel only with more skill. Hard-nosed 2-way line.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Garfinkel1

I'm having a hard time penciling in the Fed-Boyle-Prust line as our 4th. They were our best line during a lot of key games down the last 20 or so games.

Also, I really like the way Boyle-Prust play together. If you guys remember the shelley line with AA worked really well.

Would anyone be interested in a line combo like this..

Avery-Rich-Gab
Dubi-Step-Cally
Boyle-AA-Prust
Wolski-EC-MZA

With EC/Rupp battling it out and whoever else can battle for MZA's stop in camp.

If Wolski fixed his skating over the summer I wouldn't be opposed to swapping Avery/Wolski [Weird how my 1st LW/4th LW are interchangable...]

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 07:44 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
I'm having a hard time penciling in the Fed-Boyle-Prust line as our 4th. They were our best line during a lot of key games down the last 20 or so games.

Also, I really like the way Boyle-Prust play together. If you guys remember the shelley line with AA worked really well.

Would anyone be interested in a line combo like this..

Avery-Rich-Gab
Dubi-Step-Cally
Boyle-AA-Prust
Wolski-EC-MZA

With EC/Rupp battling it out and whoever else can battle for MZA's stop in camp.

If Wolski fixed his skating over the summer I wouldn't be opposed to swapping Avery/Wolski [Weird how my 1st LW/4th LW are interchangable...]
It'd be stupid to have wolski on the 4th line. Might as well trade him for something then. Waste of his talent.

I'm also having a hard time penciling MZA into the lineup automatically. And I'm not a fan of Rupp by any means but I'd rather him be in there as opposed to EC. And Avery on the 1st line??? You need to get your head examined if you're putting avery on the 1st line; avery who is awful at finishing.

Dubi-Richards-Gaborik
Avery/W2-Stepan-Cally
Avery/W2-AA-MZA
Rupp-Boyle-Prust

Now maybe Hagelin or Thomas really impress in camp and make the team. If it's Thomas I see it shaking up like this:

Thomas-Richards-Gaborik
Dubi-Stepan-Cally
W2-AA-Avery
Rupp-Boyle-Prust

MZA, EC

If it's Hagelin:

Dubi-Richards-Gaborik
W2-Stepan-Cally
Hagelin-AA-Avery/MZA
Rupp-Boyle-Prust

EC

Old
07-05-2011, 07:45 PM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

vCash: 50
Winnpeg ain't giving up on Wheeler.

Their RW depth is horrendous -- trading Wheeler makes it hardly AHL-caliber.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 07:51 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I've changed my stance a little. We should be looking for second line wingers that won't break the bank but are very solid second liners.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 08:01 PM
MAYO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I've changed my stance a little. We should be looking for second line wingers that won't break the bank but are very solid second liners.
Exactly why I thought of this move. I say we give Dubi the chance to play on the first unit and try to solidify the second by bringing in someone like Wheeler. I liked the lines I had set up earlier.

MAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 08:09 PM
InPrustWeTrust

I feel that Dubi needs to start on the second line. If you put him on the first line we have our 3 best scorers on one line. We need to spread it out

InPrustWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 09:16 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
It'd be stupid to have wolski on the 4th line. Might as well trade him for something then. Waste of his talent.

I'm also having a hard time penciling MZA into the lineup automatically. And I'm not a fan of Rupp by any means but I'd rather him be in there as opposed to EC. And Avery on the 1st line??? You need to get your head examined if you're putting avery on the 1st line; avery who is awful at finishing.

Dubi-Richards-Gaborik
Avery/W2-Stepan-Cally
Avery/W2-AA-MZA
Rupp-Boyle-Prust

Now maybe Hagelin or Thomas really impress in camp and make the team. If it's Thomas I see it shaking up like this:

Thomas-Richards-Gaborik
Dubi-Stepan-Cally
W2-AA-Avery
Rupp-Boyle-Prust

MZA, EC

If it's Hagelin:

Dubi-Richards-Gaborik
W2-Stepan-Cally
Hagelin-AA-Avery/MZA
Rupp-Boyle-Prust

EC
I agree having Wolski on the 4th is a waste of his talent so maybe we trade him for picks/prospects if he doesn't fit on the team.

I agree with you about pencling MZA in the lineup right away but are you seriously saying Thomas would be a better fit on the top line LW than Avery before he's played a single game in the NHL and your calling me crazy?

Two years ago Avery was a fan favorite and the Avery-Dubi-Jagr line looked so fluid is was great to watch. Avery is skilled enough and when used properly like he was in the passed our record was much better when he was in the line-up. He guy can play... Not everyone needs to be able to finish to play on the top line. His playmaking ability is under-rated and he does more than just put points up on the board. He's an agitator and he's at his best up against guys who arent supposed to fight or take stupid penalties because they are way to valuable to their team to do so. Regardless, penciling in a rookie LW on the top line over Wolski/Avery/Anyone is absurd.

Last edited by Garfinkel1: 07-05-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote