HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who Plays Left Wing???

Old
07-05-2011, 09:39 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

vCash: 500

2010/2011, 1:38

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 09:47 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Give me Radulov any day of the week. Maybe he'll take a page from Jagrs book .

Off topicish, but if he goes back to Nashville they're lethal. Rinne and Radulov? Oh boy.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 10:15 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Someone who could be available for trade would be Kristian Huselius. He's someone who hsa put up big points before, has speed, and was in the dog house in Columbus, for some odd reason. He played 39 games last season and had 23 points. Pro-rated for an 82 game season: 48 points. He played 16 min/game and put up over 60 points the three seasons before last. What do people think it would cost to get him on the Rangers?

His cap hit is 4.75 M, which is the downside of the deal. He is a UFA at the end of this season. Possible guy to look at around the trade deadline?

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 10:23 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYO View Post
Let's say we can't land that 1st line LW. what are your thoughts about us using Wolski, E.C. or M.Z.A. as trade bait to get Wheeler from the "Jets" and start the season with Dubi as our 1st line LW.
Dubi-Richards-Gabby
Wheeler-A.A.-Cally
Feds-Stepan-Avery
Rupp-Boyle-Prust

I think the chemistry on that second line would be great.
Wheeler is only signed for one year at 2.2
Flame on!!!
wheeler is a RFA. filed for arbitration today so he doesn't have 1 year left on his contract

CM PUNK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 10:24 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
Someone who could be available for trade would be Kristian Huselius. He's someone who hsa put up big points before, has speed, and was in the dog house in Columbus, for some odd reason. He played 39 games last season and had 23 points. Pro-rated for an 82 game season: 48 points. He played 16 min/game and put up over 60 points the three seasons before last. What do people think it would cost to get him on the Rangers?

His cap hit is 4.75 M, which is the downside of the deal. He is a UFA at the end of this season. Possible guy to look at around the trade deadline?
the idea is to get someone better than wolski...not just more expensive

Old
07-05-2011, 10:38 PM
Blazephr

I might be a tad more intrigued as far as the open spots on the blueline go. What will transpire there?

Last season, Tank had a VERY strong training camp. The guy hits, led The Whale in blocked shots & has a bomb from the point that the coaching staff may have a hard time passing up again. Then you got MDZ & Erixon. With those two, it could go either way. One or both may have strong camps...or not.

You know Slats is gonna sign a vet/7th D-man (Eminger?)...so essentially you got 3 guys vying for two open spots in the starting line-up. If MDZ, Tank & Erixon all have really strong camps, who's gonna be the odd-man out? There's no way one of them will be the 7th D cos' if they don't make the final cuts, they're better off logging big minutes with the Whale. Perhaps, one of them gets moved out to free up the log-jam? You know its not Erixon...we just acquired him & the coaching staff is really high on him....right now.

Staal - Girardi
McD - Sauer
MDZ? - Tank?

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 11:17 PM
mcsauer2738

honestly what would it take to get evander kane here, i proposed kreider, erixon, 2nd round pick and I'm told that's not enough. That seems like a nice package but I do understand them wanting an established player as well. Is there any chance Kreider, Erixon, Boyle, 2nd gets it done?

mcsauer2738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 11:24 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsauer2738 View Post
honestly what would it take to get evander kane here, i proposed kreider, erixon, 2nd round pick and I'm told that's not enough. That seems like a nice package but I do understand them wanting an established player as well. Is there any chance Kreider, Erixon, Boyle, 2nd gets it done?
Erixon isn't being traded so for starters try another D-Man

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:50 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsauer2738 View Post
i dunno...but i would do it. i LOVE Evander Kanes game.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 03:49 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Dustin Brown is available

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 03:52 AM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Who said that? "******* ********" certainly isn't a reliable source, and TFP completely shot it down.

Also, Brown is horrendous at LW.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 07:50 AM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Who said that? "******* ********" certainly isn't a reliable source, and TFP completely shot it down.

Also, Brown is horrendous at LW.
if brown was actually available at a reasonable price, i think gaborik could play LW. but the bigger issue is that the kings would want way too much

Old
07-06-2011, 08:42 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Radulov left an NHL club to go play in the KHL.

He has one year still remaining on his contract in the KHL.

He has talent, but there is more to playing hockey then talent. He's a problem waiting to happen. Not worth any assets. Not worth giving it a try.

NO.
My friend (who worked for the Predators when Radulov was there) told me he was nothing more than a homesick kid who was confused and offered a lot of money. He's not a head case. Believe me, Nashville would take him back in a minute (he's apparently talked with them about coming back) With the resources the Rangers have to do deals, I am sure something could be accomplished. He would also want the future guarantee of a large contract since the first year he comes back would be under the last year of his ELC.

The problem would be the price. He would command a top prospect and a high draft pick, maybe more. Nashville needs scorers too. Thomas and a 1st? Kreider?

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 09:09 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
My friend (who worked for the Predators when Radulov was there) told me he was nothing more than a homesick kid who was confused and offered a lot of money. He's not a head case. Believe me, Nashville would take him back in a minute (he's apparently talked with them about coming back) With the resources the Rangers have to do deals, I am sure something could be accomplished. He would also want the future guarantee of a large contract since the first year he comes back would be under the last year of his ELC.

The problem would be the price. He would command a top prospect and a high draft pick, maybe more. Nashville needs scorers too. Thomas and a 1st? Kreider?
Something like Radulov for MDZ, Boyle and a 1st would be a good deal for us - but not really for the Predators.
1st, FW prospect not named Kreider or Thomas and roster player for rights to Radulov would be a great signing for NYR. Get it done!!!!

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 09:48 AM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
At least now everyone puts guys of marginal valueand decent potential in proposals... and if that don't get'em, the no. 45-50 overal pick a years from now will!

If you're talking about guys like Ladd, Radulov, Brown, Semin, Parise, even Wheeler, you're talking about Callahan, Dubinsky, Anisimov, Stepan, Girardi and even Staal (in the case of Parise and Semin)... no one is gonna be like, "oh he's part of your core? ok, we'll do you a solid and take Boyle, Christensen and Avery instead." Those guys I mentioned are the only guys who would get us a good return, and I'm not sure I wanna do it. And what is this brilliant idea about re-signing 70-year-old Prospal just to trade him? Huh???

I say wait for the season to start... Dubinsky will have to put his money where his mouth is when he gets the big paycheck he so eagerly pursued from day 1. He will HAVE to be our Ladd or Brown. Fedotenko is a great role player in another contract year, maybe he can put in 20. Wolski goes hot potato, you trade before he cools down again. We have three good centers now (Boyle a good 3rd or 4th), the wing will round itself out... unless, of course, you guys are expecting to win not only the Cup but the President's Trophy this year.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 10:26 AM
TreeSapLlama

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post

I can't say no enough to Huselius. He makes Christensen look both gritty and defensively sound. Huselius is more of an anti-torts then Wolski is.

TreeSapLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 10:58 AM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Something like Radulov for MDZ, Boyle and a 1st would be a good deal for us - but not really for the Predators.
1st, FW prospect not named Kreider or Thomas and roster player for rights to Radulov would be a great signing for NYR. Get it done!!!!
Um, what? What type of ridiculous trade is that?

Filatov went for a 3rd, or was it a 4th? He's younger, has more talent potential, and had a higher likelihood of returning to the Blue Jackets than Radulov has for returning to the Predators.

Radulov will also command more money from a team since he's a little more proven, which means that a team will have to not only be willing to trade a package but be willing to shell out serious money to convince him to return back to the NHL. He's not that attractive of a trade chip thus his trade value will be low - and for the Predators, they have no guarantee that he will ever return to them, so any trade package constructed really (unless one which a complete slap in the face) will likely be able to land him.

That being said, i can't see Radulov and Torts meshing. I can't see Radulov meshing period on this team and with the identity that the Rangers are trying to build.

We need another winger. That is for sure. Legitimately, I see the Rangers being cup contenders next year. I think we'll have some stopgap winger on the first line (either Dubi, Wolski, or Fedotenko), then next year we'll likely be able to get a top line talent to go along w/ Richards and Gaborik. Parise would be amazing if we could sign him, he'd fit the mold we're trying to build, and we all know that there is an allure for playing the Rangers, especially for Devil players who are close enough to experience NY but don't have the prestige of being a Ranger or a passionate fan base that the Rangers do.

Another name that would definitely fit on the 1st line, on this team, and under this coach, is Bobby Ryan. Gritty, hard hitting, hard working, he'd be more than welcome on this team.

My cup contending team:

Ryan/Parise-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Stepan-Callahan
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Thomas
Rupp-Boyle-Prust

(Avery likely gone after this season - although i love the energy he provides this team)

Staal-Girardi
Del Zotto-Erickson
Mcdonough-Sauer

(Girardi being traded the following season for a forward allowing Mcilrath to come up)

Henrik
Biron

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 11:06 AM
Miz

HAH, you guys need to get off your Rudalov high horses. The way this team is being constructed, do you really think the team is going to move valuable pieces for someone who wants nothing to do with the NHL? Watch out for Wolski this year, i don't see him being here any longer than one year. But, going into a contract year, i can see him topping out at 60+ points. Keep him for this year.

Miz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 11:10 AM
bellis25

NJ cant possible afford Elias, Parise and Kovalchuk

bellis25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 11:20 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
IF Radulov is really back in the picture, and Preds feel worthwhile alternative is good enough to taking back prodigal son, then:

1.. permission to talk costs nothing.
2 A reasonable deal (he is cheap this year on ELC, but we add a successor contract kicking in afterward that makes him happy and we can live with (Avery, Christiansen + others off books next year)
3. Then, upon permission granted and a successor deal exclusively with NYR in place, and upon signing, then transfer of his existing rights + rights to successor contract, then....
Girardi + Thomas as a base, possibly + Boyle and/or Hagelin and/or picks depending upon length and cost of Radulov contract.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
IF Radulov is really back in the picture, and Preds feel worthwhile alternative is good enough to taking back prodigal son, then:

1.. permission to talk costs nothing.
2 A reasonable deal (he is cheap this year on ELC, but we add a successor contract kicking in afterward that makes him happy and we can live with (Avery, Christiansen + others off books next year)
3. Then, upon permission granted and a successor deal exclusively with NYR in place, and upon signing, then transfer of his existing rights + rights to successor contract, then....
Girardi + Thomas as a base, possibly + Boyle and/or Hagelin and/or picks depending upon length and cost of Radulov contract.
These trades are ridiculous. Thank God none of you are GM's. We'd likely still have Mike Dunham as our goalie.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 11:24 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
if brown was actually available at a reasonable price, i think gaborik could play LW. but the bigger issue is that the kings would want way too much
Why move guys off their natural wing just to force a trade to work?

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 11:29 AM
h0ckeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
IMO he's the perfect fit to that top line. Puts a lot of grit and grinding ability out there, as well as a proven finisher. A team with Brown, Callahan, Dubi, Prust and Rupp would be impossible to play against.

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 11:34 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
IMO he's the perfect fit to that top line. Puts a lot of grit and grinding ability out there, as well as a proven finisher. A team with Brown, Callahan, Dubi, Prust and Rupp would be impossible to play against.
He would be the perfect fit if he was actually available (all repuputable sources that have been asked if he's on the market and answered have said it with a stern "no") and if he or Gaborik played LW. Moving either of them to that position would go as well as moving Callahan there for a few games did two seasons ago.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 11:39 AM
h0ckeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
He would be the perfect fit if he was actually available (all repuputable sources that have been asked if he's on the market and answered have said it with a stern "no") and if he or Gaborik played LW. Moving either of them to that position would go as well as moving Callahan there for a few games did two seasons ago.
A guy can dream, can't he?

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote