HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Anisimov Will Re-Sign Shortly (Strickland)

Old
07-02-2011, 03:05 PM
Muh
Beadle

vCash: 50
Love it, can't wait to get all these RFAs locked up.

Muh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeR View Post
I still think that Step has a very decent IQ that warrants a center position. Hate to see Step go to wing.
He is best suited at Center and should stay there, totally agree.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 04:06 PM
t3hg00se

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Best day ever.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 04:44 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

awesome. i'm really hoping Richards can be a leader for our centers and get them to elevate their games. There's nothing wrong with having two 70 pt centers behind your 1st line center

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

I love Anisimov. He brings very solid offense for guy who's got size and very good defense. He's young so his offense could improve as well, but even if it stays where it is, he's still a really nice asset to have. best case scenario is a very good two-way center. Worst case scenario is a very solid two-way center. Win-win.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 04:48 PM
Swagelin
aka Bienvenue a ny

Can't wait to get these RFAs signed. Hopefully Anisimov doesn't take up too much cap space with the Callahan situation.

Swagelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 05:24 PM
skroob**

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
This can't be true, the trade board tells me the Rangers don't develop players.
on the main board, its still 1998.

skroob** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 05:27 PM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

Great news ! ! ! !

Arty has soooo much potential that shines through once in a blue moon.

If he can cure his inconsistancys like Dubi and Cally did the past 2 years respectively Arty & his big frame could be huge for us in the near future.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 07:45 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
I hope he can be had around 2.3-2.5

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
I hope he can be had around 2.3-2.5
Most likely 1.8 to 2m this is the contract where Sather get's his bargain since AA isn't arb eligible.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 08:57 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

So... shortly as in almost 11 hours later and still nothing?

Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 09:06 PM
CM PUNK

drawing my own conclusion here but with glen talking about the next step to get the rfas signed and he thinks it'll get done in the next few weeks, it doesn't sound like he's planning to use arbitration to create another buyout window.

CM PUNK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 09:12 PM
Nekz
Let's Go Rangers!

Send a message via AIM to Nekz
Hopefully Sather can get the RFAs signed sooner rather than later to complete this successful July 1st. I think we are in good shape going into the next season.

Nekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 09:27 PM
The Mouth

I am a big arty supporter

The things he needs to improve on I think

1) develop better vision in dishing puck off
2) Keep His head up
3) drive to the net more, and use his wicked wrist shot more
4) become more offensively consistent when he isnt playing with dubi and cally

The Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 09:32 PM
VIL8BUBBLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeR View Post
I still think that Step has a very decent IQ that warrants a center position. Hate to see Step go to wing.

Hey All,

Frequent reader but a rare poster on the board; Anyway I know Stepan is very young so it might not be in his best interest development wise to move him off of center, but doesn't a Stepan-Richards-Gaborik first line intrigue you? Richards and Stepan seem like "pass first" kind of guys who could really help Gaborik have an incredibly productive season.

I think everyone wants to see a Dubi-Anisimov-Cally 2nd line (at least I do), And that would leave some combination of Boyle-Prust-Wolski/Fedotenko/Zuccarello for the 3rd line. You would think Boyle-Prust-Feds from how well they played last year, but I guess a line of Wolski-Rupp-Avery/Zuccarelo isn't really a prototypical 4th line. There is still a whole lot of time between now and the start of the season, and with Tortorellas line jumbling on a game-by-game basis its sort of a futile exercise to speculate on line combos, but man I really think a Stepan-Richards-Gaborik 1st line could be deadly. It seems like alot of people are resigned to giving the Wolski-Richards-Gaborik first shot though.

VIL8BUBBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 09:37 PM
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin

Good news. Artie is a big part of our future.

Darrelle Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 10:09 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIL8BUBBLE View Post
Hey All,

Frequent reader but a rare poster on the board; Anyway I know Stepan is very young so it might not be in his best interest development wise to move him off of center, but doesn't a Stepan-Richards-Gaborik first line intrigue you? Richards and Stepan seem like "pass first" kind of guys who could really help Gaborik have an incredibly productive season.

No. Stepan should stay at center. The first line needs someone physical on left-wing who can go into corners and do the dirty work. The LW playing with Richards and Gaborik needs to be a finisher.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 10:20 PM
nevesis

I am looking forward to seeing Anisimov in his 3rd full season. But I still think he is vastly overrated. Especially his skating skills/hands. I want to see serious improvement this year. A serious payday is not deserving yet.

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 10:21 PM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

I hate to be that guy and overhype a prospect.

But if Christian Thomas can play with the big boys the way he is lighting up prospect camp. Him & Stepan could be a great 3rd line, no pressure comb behind the Pack Line and Gabby/Richards/whoever.

CT & Step may have a hard time against a team with 2 grinding lines but the teams with a 3rd scoring line may be week enough deffensivly in their forward comb to allow Step & CT to play their respective games without having to "think" to much and just play to their abilities allowing for their instincts to take over.

Just a thought scince their games complement each other.

Old
07-02-2011, 10:26 PM
bettercallstaal
Custom User Title

vCash: 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIL8BUBBLE View Post
Hey All,

I think everyone wants to see a Dubi-Anisimov-Cally 2nd line (at least I do), And that would leave some combination of Boyle-Prust-Wolski/Fedotenko/Zuccarello for the 3rd line. You would think Boyle-Prust-Feds from how well they played last year, but I guess a line of Wolski-Rupp-Avery/Zuccarelo isn't really a prototypical 4th line. There is still a whole lot of time between now and the start of the season, and with Tortorellas line jumbling on a game-by-game basis its sort of a futile exercise to speculate on line combos, but man I really think a Stepan-Richards-Gaborik 1st line could be deadly. It seems like alot of people are resigned to giving the Wolski-Richards-Gaborik first shot though.
I actually love our center depth. Richards, Anisimov, Stepan, Boyle. I really think that Anisimov takes it to the next level next year. If Stepan could duplicate last year I would be thrilled. I don't know what to expect from Boyle but he probably should be a 3rd liner or above. He does have some skill along with the fact he's huge.

bettercallstaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 10:47 AM
darrenturcotte#8

Is it possible this deal is done but Sather doesn't want to use the cap space so he can protect against offer sheets thrown at Cally and Dubi?

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 10:58 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
Is it possible this deal is done but Sather doesn't want to use the cap space so he can protect against offer sheets thrown at Cally and Dubi?
meh I doubt it. I mean how much can someone really offer Dubi or Cally anyway? Plus they will match

Sather said in the next few weeks it should be taken care of so it should trickle in

also how often do we see Offer sheets? I cant see Dubi getting one , NYR match, then Cally gets one NYR match. More teams than just us could have this happen but you never really see it

Sounds like we still have 3 million or so extra even after the likely raises so they have room if they have to pay a few extra thousand here and there

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 11:05 AM
broadwayblue

Unless someone offers Cally/Dubi in excess of 5M/year I think we're ok. Heck, we could always buy Wolski out to free up additional space, right?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 11:28 AM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

The problem with Dubi or Cally getting $5m offers matched is you can kiss them goodbye in 4-5 years unless they are 10yr offers.

No way do Dubi or Cally get raises up into the $6m+ range when those $5m contracts expire.

So yeah Sather might match them now but he'd be grinding his teeth doing it and drafting their replacements sooner then later.

Old
07-03-2011, 11:34 AM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCollarBlueBlood View Post
The problem with Dubi or Cally getting $5m offers matched is you can kiss them goodbye in 4-5 years unless they are 10yr offers.

No way do Dubi or Cally get raises up into the $6m+ range when those $5m contracts expire.

So yeah Sather might match them now but he'd be grinding his teeth doing it and drafting their replacements sooner then later.
How long exactly do you see them playing for? I think Cally will start declining after 5 years and probably be washed up by 7, 8 at the latest.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote