HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Madden 2005

Closed Thread

Old
07-27-2004, 11:42 PM
Nhlyounggun11

vCash: 500
Madden 2005

Any football fans here that are buying Madden 2005? It comes out Auguest 12th

Old
07-27-2004, 11:49 PM
goodrev

i just picked up ESPN 2k5 and its awesome... just a side note, madden is good but i think it is over rated. for the 20 bucks you are getting a game just as good if not better, i know from a lot of places it was rated beter than madden was, like i said if you are gunna buy a football game give it a shot, its only 20 bucks

Old
07-27-2004, 11:53 PM
Nhlyounggun11

Thanks, i think that i'm going to rent both of the games, and then see which one i like more..but 20 bucks is a great price, i wonder why ESPN are selling it for only 20, but they sell other sports games like basketball for the normal 50 or 40. Maybe it's because they make a lot of money in the tv industry, so they don't have to price their games as much as ea sports. Thanks for the post

Old
07-28-2004, 01:02 AM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhlyounggun11
, i wonder why ESPN are selling it for only 20,
Generally, companies will reduce price to gain market share and then come back to a reasonable level once they have achieved that market share target. For them, the attractiveness for the consumer to try their games is now a price point....but they are hoping that once they gain the share, people will stay with them.(Regardless of any pricing changes)

Old
07-28-2004, 01:14 AM
Pontifex Maximus*

This would be a good post for the lounge.

Old
07-28-2004, 01:15 AM
goodrev

its because people who play madden are pretty ignorant and refuse to acknowledge that any game besides madden can be good... they are hoping that by lowering the price to $20 they can get people to just try the game, it is really good and the maddenites dont even give it a chance they just downtalk it and then preech about madden without ever playing it. you ask why they lower the price its a marketing ploy to try and steal away gamers from madden, they feel that if they can get people to just try the game they will like it and wont feel the need to buy madden, hence why they also moved the game up to the 20th of july... it is just trying to widen its fanbase

features i really like about ESPN,
-Berman's half time show and game wrap up where they actually show all highlights of the actual plays of all touchdowns and significant plays while berman says fun and witty things
-during the franchis a weekly roundup set up with sportscenter including the whole intro and flow and style of sportscenter, they cover everything in the league from injuries, to trades, to trade talks, to winning streaks etc... they cover a lot and also show highlight of the great plays from that week
-the game presentation is that directly taken from sunday night football, the layout, the announcing, and the stat breakdowns and diagrams they use are really good and carry breaks between plays
-the ability to at any time during the game go back and watch any play over again
-the game is much more realistic than it was last year, in fact they made the gameplay more "maddenesque" so that people who play madden would feel more at home while playing it
-the franchise mode has been upgraded with a weekly prep where you assign what you want your players to do from making your QB watch film to sending your offensive lineman to do ballet or do yoga, pretty in depth lol
-the VIP system where when you create a profile, the game will remember your play calling tendancies AKA what plays you call, what side you run them to, who your favorite reciever is, how often you throw to him etc... and it saves all this into your profile, you can give your profile on a memory card to a friend and then he can play against your "image" or a CPU that will play a whole lot like you
-you can play any team in the league while switching the coaches so if you want to play the giants or jets and have bill parcells calling the plays it will play out with bill parcells tendancies and play calling... this one caught my attention*
-celebration dances, and on XBOX you can put your imported music into the stadium so during the game it will play your music with reverb added so it sounds like it is playing in the stadium, you can choose if you want songs in certain situations like TD's, interceptions, sacks etc... another neat feature

i really could go on for days about how good it is lol, they should pay me for all the promoting i do for this game! it is really good i would definately give it a shot, the only thing i know of that madden has that this game doesnt is the ability to change hot dog prices and the "fan creator" which when i looked at it seemed pretty hokey lol

Last edited by goodrev: 07-28-2004 at 01:19 AM.
Old
07-28-2004, 01:39 AM
Nhlyounggun11

I'm thinking about buying espn, i love the price, and i just can't wait for august 12th, that's too far away,lol, and i like the why espn is made.

Old
07-28-2004, 06:05 PM
Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhlyounggun11
Thanks, i think that i'm going to rent both of the games, and then see which one i like more..but 20 bucks is a great price, i wonder why ESPN are selling it for only 20, but they sell other sports games like basketball for the normal 50 or 40. Maybe it's because they make a lot of money in the tv industry, so they don't have to price their games as much as ea sports. Thanks for the post
ESPN doesn't actually make the game. Its made by Sega. Sega just has a licensing agreement with ESPN. THe series used to be called NFL 2Kwhatever. Now its called ESPN NFL 2K5. Every year, many magazines consistantly rate ESPN better than Madden, if only by a small margin. Some magazines still like Madden better, though, like EGM. Its really a toss up. Both games have their strengths, but I would think that ESPN gets the edge this year for its bold price drop. People should buy the game if for no other reason than to support this new marketing strategy. Hopefully, it will catch on with other software developers.

Closed Thread