HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Jets Sign Mark Flood

Old
07-02-2011, 09:27 PM
PensFan6687

vCash: 500
It's embarrassing that we get depth? Hmmm...

And I heard of most players, but I follow many leagues. I like what they are trying to do here. Will it work? Time will tell. They aren't looking to sign the biggest FA's but guys that will buy into their system. I am holding the faith for now. Time will tell us just how good that system is.

Last edited by PensFan6687: 07-02-2011 at 09:33 PM.
PensFan6687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 09:57 PM
hockey momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan6687 View Post
It's embarrassing that we get depth? Hmmm...

And I heard of most players, but I follow many leagues. I like what they are trying to do here. Will it work? Time will tell. They aren't looking to sign the biggest FA's but guys that will buy into their system. I am holding the faith for now. Time will tell us just how good that system is.
sounds like signings the ownership of atlanta would do, hahaha. Have to spend some $$ to get some recognizable names. Letting Stewart and a few others go was a mistake!!

hockey momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 10:12 PM
White Noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbear View Post
ok, this is getting embarrassing!! I hope all the players signed in the last 2 days are for our farm team!!!! Come on now, sign someone that we people outside of Winnipeg have heard off and lay off the lifetime AHLers!!!
I can understand where you are coming from. I think it may be easier for us because we are more familiar with the AHL names you are hearing and the way TNSE does things.

There is a learning curve for us as well. We don't know how this all fits together between Jets 2.0 and the Moose. Most of us have faith in the guys at the top that allows us to wait it out. The one thing we do know is that Jets 2.0 and the Moose are important to each other.

-37-

White Noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 10:31 AM
TheLastSedin

Watched a few games last year and Mark Flood was easily one of the better (if not the best next to tanev) d-men on the ice. Good right hand shot, put up decent numbers, great depth signing. Already 26, but I thought he was way better than Ryan Parent.

TheLastSedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 02:55 PM
gibber1600

An offensive D-man. Showed glimpses of pro game last year with the Moose (Van). Could devolop into 6-7 d-man for the Jets.

gibber1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 03:01 PM
MAROONSRoad
f/k/a Ghost

Wow, some of the comments here are just sad and embarrassing. You know that NHL teams need to stock up both their NHL and AHL rosters, right? You know that the Canucks aren't supplying any players for the Moose this year, correct?

MAROONSRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 03:08 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAROONSRoad View Post
Wow, some of the comments here are just sad and embarrassing. You know that NHL teams need to stock up both their NHL and AHL rosters, right? You know that the Canucks aren't supplying any players for the Moose this year, correct?
YUP

wpgsilver is online now   Reply With Quote