HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > General Sports
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Sports Other sports without their own forum, and general sports talk

All Boxing Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-09-2012, 12:27 AM
  #751
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!
 
Big Poppa Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 15,422
vCash: 500
Floyd saw the last Marquez fight (which Marquez really won, IMO) and started pushing for the Pacquiao fight to happen, probably knowing he'd beat him now, then money, testing and Arum came into play again and it died.

I'd think Floyd would win, and always have, but I'm more sure of it now, 3 years ago it'd be a toss up.


Floyd has already dominated Marquez. Maybe we see a part 2 maybe not. I think Floyd's next fight is probably with Bradley. Unless he fights does in fact fight Marquez or maybe Cotto again.

IDK how Cotto looked last week, so that might not be viable anymore, but he gave Floyd a run for his money in their last fight.


As for Marquez. Maybe he fights Bradley if we don't see a Part V of this?

Big Poppa Puck is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 12:29 AM
  #752
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 22,689
vCash: 500
Knock out of the year. No doubt.

MurrayBannerman is online now  
Old
12-09-2012, 12:31 AM
  #753
Morozov
The Devil Killer
 
Morozov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 11,300
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
I think Floyd will continue his beef with 50 Cent and eventually we'll get 50 backing someone to fight Floyd and do a big G Unit Promotions/Mayweather Promotions fight, maybe it'll involve some live performances from 50 as well, and it will make boatloads of money which will suit Floyd and 50 just fine.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the "beef" they have is nothing more than part of this plan.

Is Bradley going to make Floyd want to bother lifting a finger?

Morozov is online now  
Old
12-09-2012, 12:31 AM
  #754
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN
 
Rhett4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Home of the 'Merks
Country: United States
Posts: 11,784
vCash: 500
JMM versus Garcia for supremacy at 140 could be interesting. Gosh, there are just so many possibilities between 135 and 154 with the amount of talent there and the plethora of guys that can slide up or down a weight class or two. Big fights like tonight just make me want to know what's next.

Rhett4 is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 12:33 AM
  #755
Sean Monahan
#boring
 
Sean Monahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cowtown
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,655
vCash: 50
what's next for Pac? Floyd has absolutely no reason to take the fight

Sean Monahan is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 12:33 AM
  #756
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards
 
Live in the Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,604
vCash: 500
JMM vs. Rios is what I believe to be the most likely scenario. Best 140 pounder in Arum's stable, young guy, in need of a big win to make him a star, seems very possible to me.

Live in the Now is online now  
Old
12-09-2012, 12:36 AM
  #757
Martini*
Gods Team
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,786
vCash: 500


Nice knowing you, Manny

Martini* is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 12:36 AM
  #758
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarome Iginla View Post
what's next for Pac? Floyd has absolutely no reason to take the fight
Retirement

Krishna is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 12:37 AM
  #759
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN
 
Rhett4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Home of the 'Merks
Country: United States
Posts: 11,784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
JMM vs. Rios is what I believe to be the most likely scenario. Best 140 pounder in Arum's stable, young guy, in need of a big win to make him a star, seems very possible to me.
Makes a lot of sense. People also want Broner to move up to 140 and fight Garcia or Rios, though I don't see that happening any time soon. Broner just made the jump to 135, and it's not too often you see young, undefeated fighters pitted against each other. Still, those would also be awesome fights.

Rhett4 is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 12:44 AM
  #760
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!
 
Big Poppa Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 15,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
I think Floyd will continue his beef with 50 Cent and eventually we'll get 50 backing someone to fight Floyd and do a big G Unit Promotions/Mayweather Promotions fight, maybe it'll involve some live performances from 50 as well, and it will make boatloads of money which will suit Floyd and 50 just fine.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the "beef" they have is nothing more than part of this plan.

Is Bradley going to make Floyd want to bother lifting a finger?
50 Cent said on twitter most of their "beef" was a publicity stunt to get people talking about Floyd again after he got outta jail. I don't think their BFF anymore but the "beef" was definitely fake.

Big Poppa Puck is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 12:46 AM
  #761
GetThePuckOut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,141
vCash: 83
Holy **** I thought he was ****ing dead for a second! What an amazing fight!

I had a feeling Marquez would get the KO when he started working the body early, obviously it was what he had in mind, but after he had his nose smashed I thought the tables were turned for good. What a hero that guy is.

The last couple months have been really generous to boxing fans. Between Rios-Alvorado, Guererro-Berto, and now this, it's been one epic fight after another.

GetThePuckOut is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 12:47 AM
  #762
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!
 
Big Poppa Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 15,422
vCash: 500
Also I'm still trying to figure out that guy was doing with his hand when Manny was knocked out.

Was he waving it like "Manny, are you awake?!?"

Big Poppa Puck is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 12:48 AM
  #763
GetThePuckOut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,141
vCash: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarome Iginla View Post
what's next for Pac? Floyd has absolutely no reason to take the fight
Same thing it always was; the redundant Pacquiao-Bradley rematch.

GetThePuckOut is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 12:57 AM
  #764
GetThePuckOut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,141
vCash: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
Floyd saw the last Marquez fight (which Marquez really won, IMO) and started pushing for the Pacquiao fight to happen, probably knowing he'd beat him now, then money, testing and Arum came into play again and it died.

I'd think Floyd would win, and always have, but I'm more sure of it now, 3 years ago it'd be a toss up.


Floyd has already dominated Marquez. Maybe we see a part 2 maybe not. I think Floyd's next fight is probably with Bradley. Unless he fights does in fact fight Marquez or maybe Cotto again.

IDK how Cotto looked last week, so that might not be viable anymore, but he gave Floyd a run for his money in their last fight.


As for Marquez. Maybe he fights Bradley if we don't see a Part V of this?
Cotto still looked good. Austin Trout is a good fighter though and stylistically was a bad match up for Miguel. If you didn't watch it you should, it was a great fight.

GetThePuckOut is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 12:57 AM
  #765
GetThePuckOut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,141
vCash: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
Also I'm still trying to figure out that guy was doing with his hand when Manny was knocked out.

Was he waving it like "Manny, are you awake?!?"
He was like "What the hell is this? This isn't what we arranged!"

GetThePuckOut is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 01:06 AM
  #766
Morozov
The Devil Killer
 
Morozov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 11,300
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
How many Mexicans does it take to take down a Pacquiao?

Just Juan


Morozov is online now  
Old
12-09-2012, 01:21 AM
  #767
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
How many Mexicans does it take to take down a Pacquiao?

Just Juan


Krishna is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 01:38 AM
  #768
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH
 
Vamos Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clay Court
Country: Spain
Posts: 11,087
vCash: 500
Is this the end of Philippine boxing? I think it's time for Nonito Donaire to fill Manny's shoes, although he will never be as big as Manny.

Vamos Rafa is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 01:51 AM
  #769
Lynk
Registered Bro
 
Lynk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 15,608
vCash: 500
Well that didn't take long.


Lynk is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 03:01 AM
  #770
awesomo
HARD!
 
awesomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: location, location
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,650
vCash: 500
wow

what a fight. what a knock out

awesomo is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 03:09 AM
  #771
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,351
vCash: 500
That was a great fight. Seeing Pacquiao getting knocked out cold was just beautiful. Only unfortunate part about all this is that Mayweather wasn't the one who finished Pacquiao.

Avs_19 is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 03:44 AM
  #772
GetThePuckOut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,141
vCash: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
That was a great fight. Seeing Pacquiao getting knocked out cold was just beautiful. Only unfortunate part about all this is that Mayweather wasn't the one who finished Pacquiao.
No way, it was poetic justice that Marquez was the one to do it after getting robbed multiple times.

GetThePuckOut is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 11:15 AM
  #773
Killahpunk
Legend
 
Killahpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Eastern Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,020
vCash: 603

Killahpunk is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 01:18 PM
  #774
premadonna
Registered User
 
premadonna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,221
vCash: 500
Time to hang em up, Manny.

premadonna is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 02:09 PM
  #775
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 111,261
vCash: 440
I don't watch a lot of boxing, but I don't think I've ever seen a KO like that. Manny got clocked, and just collapsed as he was out cold in the spot he was in. I thought he was dead for a second too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Well that didn't take long.

Pro Tip: Turn off the lamps when you're trying to start a meme

GKJ is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.