HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Top 6 LW Sniper to the Rangers

Old
07-02-2011, 09:40 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davalicious View Post
Hall for Staal
Negatory.

Love Hall. Can't afford to move Staal though.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 09:40 PM
Robert Theodorson

Semin for Richards

Semin's cap hit is higher so obviously he's better.

Robert Theodorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 10:08 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

It's gonna be ZP .... Eventually

NYGBleedBlueNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 10:14 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
If any of Anisimov, Erixon or Del Zotto are traded, it would be for a top player. (Though I'd love to see Erixon on the Oilers just for the lulz to Calgary)
I would love to see Erixon rot in Edmonton.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 10:24 PM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Negatory.

If I was the Rangers GM and got that offer I would hang my self. But at the end of the day I would do that, Hall can be a generational players, but the Rangers have ton of defense that can better if not, like staal.

Hall-Richards-Gaborik
Callahan-Stepan-Dubinsky
Fedotenko-AA-Thomas/Hagelin
Avery/Rupp-Boyle-Prust

Girardi-McD
Erixon-Sauer
MDZ-Eminger?

****!! I drooled all over my computer and it broke .

Tony D63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 10:39 PM
A91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Negatory.

Id rather have MPS over anisimov, but i can see where i messed up...but not taking this trade is......This is a huge rip of for edmonton Hall for staal ahah we could could get Doughty, Hedman , Weber for hall, staal would be terrible

A91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 10:43 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Not that I think the Rangers could get him but... anyone whose not a Rangers fan/has a better idea than me know about where Bourque's value is?

I'd almost be willing to do something like Del Zotto + Kreider for Bourque + Butler, because I think we'd genuinely be a very good team this year or next year.

Bourque - Richards - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan
Wolski - Stepan - Zuccarello/Thomas
Prust - Boyle - Fedetenko/Rupp
Staal - Girardi
McDonagh - Sauer
Erixon - Butler/Eminger

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 10:54 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prustqvist24 View Post
Not that I think the Rangers could get him but... anyone whose not a Rangers fan/has a better idea than me know about where Bourque's value is?

I'd almost be willing to do something like Del Zotto + Kreider for Bourque + Butler, because I think we'd genuinely be a very good team this year or next year.

Bourque - Richards - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan
Wolski - Stepan - Zuccarello/Thomas
Prust - Boyle - Fedetenko/Rupp
Staal - Girardi
McDonagh - Sauer
Erixon - Butler/Eminger
No way. I'd rather keep our best forward prospect and best puck moving prospect unless its for anything short of an elite player.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 10:58 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
No way. I'd rather keep our best forward prospect and best puck moving prospect unless its for anything short of an elite player.
Eh, we just signed an elite player who is 31. Our elite goalie is 29. Our elite sniper is 29 and unless he has a big bounce back season, who knows how much longer we'll be able to call him elite? Prospects are just that... prospective talent; they may or may not ever live up to their potential and our expectations. Meanwhile, a guy like Bourque could fit like a glove, give us 25-30 goals and 55+ points and make us a pretty dangerous team NOW. I don't know... I obviously realize the potential in Kreider... he'd be a perfect LW for the spot in question... just not for at least two years and sometimes you have to make moves and take a shot when the window is open. I'm not saying the window is closing... but I don't think it's extremely big either. I can be patient; I just think we will eventually need to make some hard decisions within 3-4 years.

Kreider + Del Zotto is an over exaggeration, but I would be willing to pony up a fair price. Also, players who haven't proven anything in the NHL rarely are going to land you an elite player. I mean, Kreider was 19th overall in 2009... Filatov was 6th overall in 2008. They're 11 months apart. Now, I know there was extreme circumstances regarding Filatov's attitude, etc. but he brought back a third round pick. Kreider's not going to bring back an all-star unless he's part of a package that has lots of other attractive parts.

Last edited by SERE 24: 07-02-2011 at 11:12 PM.
SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 08:58 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Just curious from Rangers fans but if David Booth was offered, would you consider a deal involving Anisimov? Florida now has a glut of wingers and really needs an upgrade at the 2nd line center spot over Santorelli. Booth just seems like the exact type of player you'd be looking for and Anisimov seems like the perfect fit for FL. He was healthy last yr after the concussion season and scored over 20 g but I expect him in a Rangers lineup to be able to put up closer to 30 g again. Maybe even expanding the deal further and dumping Wolski while getting someone else like Matthias. Thoughts?

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 08:59 AM
azrok22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Just curious from Rangers fans but if David Booth was offered, would you consider a deal involving Anisimov? Florida now has a glut of wingers and really needs an upgrade at the 2nd line center spot over Santorelli. Booth just seems like the exact type of player you'd be looking for and Anisimov seems like the perfect fit for FL. He was healthy last yr after the concussion season and scored over 20 g but I expect him in a Rangers lineup to be able to put up closer to 30 g again. Maybe even expanding the deal further and dumping Wolski while getting someone else like Matthias. Thoughts?
Given Booth's injury history and contract length, I definitely would not trade Anisimov for him. Just too big a risk, imo.

azrok22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 09:03 AM
Wee Baby Seamus
I got your back

Quote:
Originally Posted by hall04 View Post
Id rather have MPS over anisimov, but i can see where i messed up...but not taking this trade is......This is a huge rip of for edmonton Hall for staal ahah we could could get Doughty, Hedman , Weber for hall, staal would be terrible
You could not get Doughty or Weber for Taylor Hall.

Wee Baby Seamus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 09:03 AM
BPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Many of us might. I would not.

It's been made public that Anisimov has been requested in numerous deals : in fact, he was the holdup on Richards at the deadline. Sather has absolutely refused to trade him.

BPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 09:06 AM
Miller Time NYR
Wrong^

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverusername View Post
Why is it that you think you can get a top 6 winger from a team without giving up a forward of equal skill and/or a half decent defenseman?

With the people you have listed as off limits, you're not getting a top 6 winger.
I have a hard time believing a package including any of the next two years first round picks, Christian Thomas, kreider, hagelin, erixon couldn't get a top 6 Lw.

Good point tho

Miller Time NYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 09:16 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverusername View Post
Why is it that you think you can get a top 6 winger from a team without giving up a forward of equal skill and/or a half decent defenseman?

With the people you have listed as off limits, you're not getting a top 6 winger.
Ummm, what? Girardi has been playing top pair minutes for the Rangers, logging close to 24 minutes a night. On other teams he's easily a top 4 d-man sign to an excellent contract. Then there is Del Zotto, who had a sophmore slump but is a very good PMD and proved so his rookie season.

I also said two of the Rangers top prospects would be available for the right price in Kreider and/or McIlrath. Not to mention a first round pick in a very deep 2012 draft.

There is def. some quality there.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 10:56 AM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Geno View Post
Rangers have forwards...they need DEFENSE. Their current lot is atrocious.
haha what? are you serious or just trolling?

Swept In Seven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 11:13 AM
tomobson

i'm willing to give someone who is already in the organization a shot first. i've said this before, i believe the stock of the likes of mcd/sauer/erixon/mdz will only go up as the season moves on. so whatever is needed to improve our team will be a lot easier to obtain right around the trade deadline time.

girardi is the only one right now can really fetch us some respectable talent, and i'm not sure if i'm willing to trade him right now without these kids on our d proving themselves again next season. if they do then we're ready to trade for that very good/elite player we might need, if everything is going great than we can stick with what we got.

tomobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 12:49 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
haha what? are you serious or just trolling?
I think because the Rangers were only in the top 5 or so in least goals against he thinks there is room for improvement. lol

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:06 PM
NorthlandPro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
I have a hard time believing a package including any of the next two years first round picks, Christian Thomas, kreider, hagelin, erixon couldn't get a top 6 Lw.

Good point tho
so you feel that Thomas, Kreider, Hagelin are not forwards that will be top 6? So you trade one of them plus 2 #1s for a top 6 player? Quite the overpayment for a player that at least one of them is bound to pan out as anyway. So why make such a trade? It makes zero sense.

NorthlandPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:20 PM
CF Punk
Le Magnifique

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Stepan Guy View Post
What world have you been living in? Or are you just one of those fans that complains about everything?
No, but props to jumping there since I don't agree with you. I'm just well aware that if you look at the d-core of the past several Stanley Cup champions than you'll realize that the Rangers' D doesn't come close.

Whatever. Get pissed off and sing the praises of Marc Staal, but that's not going to cut it. There's a reason they dealt for McCabe at the deadline...

CF Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:21 PM
CF Punk
Le Magnifique

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
Staal - Girardi
McDonagh - Sauer
Erixon - Del Zotto

McIlrath
Valentenko
Kundratek
Pashnin

Hmm... I don't think so Lazy Geno
So you're going to win the Stanley Cup on the back of some unproven rookies with no NHL experience? Not to mention how awesome Del Zotto was last year. Good luck...

Last edited by CF Punk: 07-03-2011 at 01:29 PM.
Old
07-03-2011, 01:27 PM
Matt4776
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Geno View Post
So you're going to win the Stanley Cup on the back of some unproven rookies with no NHL experience? Not to mention how awesome Del Zotta was last year. Good luck...
We all know how much of an effect one defensiveman on the third pairing has in contending for the Stanley Cup. GOOD CALL.

Oh, and Brad Marchand says hi.

Matt4776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:28 PM
hawkeye2

to Nyr
M.Frolik

to Chi
B.Boyle

straight up

hawkeye2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:30 PM
CF Punk
Le Magnifique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt4776 View Post
We all know how much of an effect one defensiveman on the third pairing has in contending for the Stanley Cup. GOOD CALL.

Oh, and Brad Marchand says hi.
Yeah. Because he won the Stanley Cup single-handedly. Why even put anybody elses name on the cup?

Old
07-03-2011, 02:02 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2 View Post
to Nyr
M.Frolik

to Chi
B.Boyle

straight up
How does this address our concerns? I'd rather have Boyle play on a top 6 LW and create some space for the other 2 players.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote