HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster Thoughts and Offseason Speculation for the 2011-2012 Season III

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-12-2011, 10:17 PM
  #451
redcard
Registered User
 
redcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Goals by line:

Penner-Kopitar-Williams = 80 goals
Gagne-Richards-Brown = 70 goals
Clifford-Stoll-Richardson = 45 goals
Parse-Lewis-Westgarth = 15 goals

Defense = 30 goals

240 goals. 31 more than last season and would have been tied for 9th.

Thoughts?
25-30-30=85
15-20-20=55
10-15-10=35
7-7-1=15
=190

14+8+8=30 on D (the last 8 is combined between the 4-5 dmen not named Jack or Drew)

For 220, but I expect that I'm selling a few guys short. I'd anticipate the true result to be between mine and your numbers. I've left room for Gagne, Richards, Brown, and Martinez to surprise me as each one is capable of producing more goals than I've credited them with. A breakout season from Clifford, Richardson, Lewis, or Parse is also entirely possible but is, in my mind, offset by the likelihood that at least one of our top 6 misses a good chunk of the season due to injury and doesn't meet their quota. I'm hoping the true result is closer to your prediction.

redcard is offline  
Old
07-12-2011, 10:22 PM
  #452
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post


I'm scared of finishing dead last on the PP and it screwing us over. Fire Kompon already and make everyone happy.
There's more factors to a successful PP than just the coach. If you're going to hold Kompon solely responsible for the end result, then you should have been singing his praises in 09-10 when the PP was clicking at 20.8%.

He gets all the blame when the PP falters, and none of the credit when it succeeds. Typical.

johnjm22 is offline  
Old
07-12-2011, 10:47 PM
  #453
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,849
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Actually, I think it's pretty doable. Richards should top Stoll's 20, and Stoll should top Handzus' 12. I'm thinking those upgrades add about 7-10 goals. A handful more from Clifford and of course Dewey should be expected as well.

I also think we can expect more of Brown, since he'll playing with a better play-maker than Stoll.

FYI, 240 would be 21 more than last year.
I show 209 goals last year:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/statistics/te...ing/sort/goals

Are you counting the SO goals in the standings?

Sydor25 is offline  
Old
07-12-2011, 10:49 PM
  #454
bral
Go Kings!
 
bral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Corona,CA
Posts: 535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
As of now, the NHL lineup appears to be:

Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Brown
Clifford-Stoll-Richardson
Parse-Lewis-Westgarth

Mitchell-Doughty
Scuderi-Johnson
Martinez-Greene

Quick-Bernier

Potential scratches may include Loktionov, Fraser, Holloway, Clune or King up front as the 13th/14th forwards and Drewiske, Muzzin, Voynov, Hickey or Campbell competing for a spot as the 7th/8th defensemen.

Nice lineup for the regular season but by playoff time our size and depth on the bottom lines will need to be addressed.

bral is offline  
Old
07-12-2011, 11:01 PM
  #455
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
I show 209 goals last year:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/statistics/te...ing/sort/goals

Are you counting the SO goals in the standings?
Interesting.....

NHL.com and Yahoo Sports show 219.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm...rt=ga&type=LEA

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/standing...GBdi6DvwB7vLYF

KopitarFAN is offline  
Old
07-12-2011, 11:06 PM
  #456
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,849
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
You're looking at the standings, they include the "GW" goals from a shootout. Kings were 10-2 in the shootout.

Sydor25 is offline  
Old
07-12-2011, 11:08 PM
  #457
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
You're looking at the standings, they include the "GW" goals from a shootout. Kings were 10-2 in the shootout.
Didn't know that, learn something new everyday.

KopitarFAN is offline  
Old
07-13-2011, 12:40 AM
  #458
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,706
vCash: 500
hmmm dancing boy is saying theres a rumour of semin to la for williams and Voynov Anyone think this would be a good trade ? I dont think u can trade williams after he went and helped up get gagne. I would however consider penner and Voynov.

KingCanadain1976 is online now  
Old
07-13-2011, 12:47 AM
  #459
bobafettish*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
hmmm dancing boy is saying theres a rumour of semin to la for williams and Voynov Anyone think this would be a good trade ? I dont think u can trade williams after he went and helped up get gagne. I would however consider penner and Voynov.
i would do it if we changed voynov to hickey and if DL was considering resigning him.

bobafettish* is offline  
Old
07-13-2011, 12:54 AM
  #460
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 7,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
It really depends on how well he can play on the LW.

Personally, unless he can excel on the LW, I honestly think his days as a king is all but over. I can't see him beating out Kopi or Richards anytime soon and I don't really see him as a checking center.

I like to see him down in manchester playing center setting the league on fire and raising his trade value.
Why would you say this? Next year Stoll is a UFA....Loktionov can take that spot.

Terry Murray just said Loki and Lewis are going to play center, read his quotes in the latest tweet thread. So if he ain't playing in LA, he will be in Manchester which is fine with me.


Last edited by Johnny Utah: 07-13-2011 at 01:02 AM.
Johnny Utah is offline  
Old
07-13-2011, 12:55 AM
  #461
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
i would do it if we changed voynov to hickey and if DL was considering resigning him.
Though I HIGHLY doubt it's true or imminent, Semin would have to be extended if DL were to part with Williams.

KopitarFAN is offline  
Old
07-13-2011, 01:06 AM
  #462
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,437
vCash: 500
Change Williams to Penner and Voynov to Hickey and throw in a 5th or later and call it a deal.

CNS is offline  
Old
07-13-2011, 01:32 AM
  #463
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,706
vCash: 500
From washingtons point of view i think Voynov is the key to the deal. I think either hes in the deal or its not happening.

KingCanadain1976 is online now  
Old
07-13-2011, 01:58 AM
  #464
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,870
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
We would be scraping the cap ceiling if we make a deal like that. We have $10.6 million in cap space with Lewis and Doughty left to sign. If Doughty indeed gets his $6.5+ and we say Lewis follows suit and takes $1m that leaves us with $3.1 million in cap space. If we trade Williams + Voynov for Semin, who has a $6.7 million cap hit and the only hit that factors is Williams at $3.65 million, it would leave us at about $50,000 in cap space lol... Semin would likely end up a rental as well.

__________________

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is online now  
Old
07-13-2011, 11:13 AM
  #465
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,706
vCash: 500
thats why i say we try and make it penner 600 kish higher


Last edited by KingCanadain1976: 07-13-2011 at 11:13 AM. Reason: also only one year left
KingCanadain1976 is online now  
Old
07-13-2011, 11:46 AM
  #466
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Why would you say this? Next year Stoll is a UFA....Loktionov can take that spot.

Terry Murray just said Loki and Lewis are going to play center, read his quotes in the latest tweet thread. So if he ain't playing in LA, he will be in Manchester which is fine with me.
Lokti is a top 2 center, not really a checking center. If we don't re-sign Stoll, Lewis should be our 3C not Lokti.

In regards to the Semin rumors...I guess I'm in the minority, but I would rather keep JW and his contract. Our top 6 is set and I would really not tinker with it. It's a solid 6. I expect great numbers out of our top 6.

Remember, we trade for a Flyer, not trade them away.

The Black1963 is offline  
Old
07-13-2011, 12:01 PM
  #467
dman3474
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: L.A.
Country: United States
Posts: 193
vCash: 500
Why does the third line have to be a checking line? Why cant the 4th line be a checking line?

We pretty much have 2 first lines 1a/1b, why cant the third line be more like a typical 2nd line than a checking line?

whatever happens I just hope that TM is able to roll 3 lines no matter what is really going on, then give the 4th line an occasional shift here and there.

dman3474 is offline  
Old
07-13-2011, 12:09 PM
  #468
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman3474 View Post
Why does the third line have to be a checking line? Why cant the 4th line be a checking line?

We pretty much have 2 first lines 1a/1b, why cant the third line be more like a typical 2nd line than a checking line?

whatever happens I just hope that TM is able to roll 3 lines no matter what is really going on, then give the 4th line an occasional shift here and there.
I agree with the sentiment of your post.

In the modern NHL, good teams roll 3 lines that can score. Richards played on the 3rd line last year in Philly.

johnjm22 is offline  
Old
07-13-2011, 12:55 PM
  #469
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 16,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
We would be scraping the cap ceiling if we make a deal like that. We have $10.6 million in cap space with Lewis and Doughty left to sign. If Doughty indeed gets his $6.5+ and we say Lewis follows suit and takes $1m that leaves us with $3.1 million in cap space. If we trade Williams + Voynov for Semin, who has a $6.7 million cap hit and the only hit that factors is Williams at $3.65 million, it would leave us at about $50,000 in cap space lol... Semin would likely end up a rental as well.
The Kings can trade Stoll, insert Loktionov and be fine as far as the cap goes.

Not saying I'm crazy about dealing Williams, but Semin is an elite talent on the wing that the Kings lack. Williams is a good player with a nice cap hit, but he isn't as good as Semin and he is injury prone.

Trading for Semin would be risky, but he might be the final piece to put the Kings over the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman3474 View Post
Why does the third line have to be a checking line? Why cant the 4th line be a checking line?

We pretty much have 2 first lines 1a/1b, why cant the third line be more like a typical 2nd line than a checking line?

whatever happens I just hope that TM is able to roll 3 lines no matter what is really going on, then give the 4th line an occasional shift here and there.
True.

The Kings are probably going to match Richards and Gagne against the other teams top lines so it's not like the 3rd line is going to be asked to be a stopper line like the old AM days. Don't really expect to see Clifford/Stoll matching up with guys like Thornton/Datsyuk/Getzlaf etc.

I think a Clifford-Loktionov-Stoll 3rd line to start the year could be a nice well rounded 3rd line. It also gives Loktionov a full year to play in the NHL, instead of being essentially a 20 game rookie in 2012 when he will be asked to replace the departed Stoll.

Lokti is ready.


Last edited by Herby: 07-13-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Herby is offline  
Old
07-13-2011, 02:03 PM
  #470
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,870
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
The Kings can trade Stoll, insert Loktionov and be fine as far as the cap goes.

Not saying I'm crazy about dealing Williams, but Semin is an elite talent on the wing that the Kings lack. Williams is a good player with a nice cap hit, but he isn't as good as Semin and he is injury prone.

Trading for Semin would be risky, but he might be the final piece to put the Kings over the top.
He is a rental and Williams is signed long term, also trading Stoll for a rookie makes us weaker, he is a premier third line center, and we would sorely miss his faceoff ability. I don't think Loktionov can walk in and replace Stoll, it makes our defense worse and more goals would be scored when the top 2 lines are not on the ice.

Telos is online now  
Old
07-13-2011, 02:33 PM
  #471
Capn Brown
Registered User
 
Capn Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
25-30-30=85
15-20-20=55
10-15-10=35
7-7-1=15
=190

14+8+8=30 on D (the last 8 is combined between the 4-5 dmen not named Jack or Drew)

For 220, but I expect that I'm selling a few guys short. I'd anticipate the true result to be between mine and your numbers. I've left room for Gagne, Richards, Brown, and Martinez to surprise me as each one is capable of producing more goals than I've credited them with. A breakout season from Clifford, Richardson, Lewis, or Parse is also entirely possible but is, in my mind, offset by the likelihood that at least one of our top 6 misses a good chunk of the season due to injury and doesn't meet their quota. I'm hoping the true result is closer to your prediction.

You're expecting only 15 goals out of Gagne? Seriously? Here's my take:

Penner(27) + Kopitar(24) + Williams(24) = 75 goals
Gagne(28) + Richards(19) + Brown(28) = 75 goals
Clifford(14) + Stoll(20) + Richardson(11) = 45 goals
Parse(16) + Lewis(13) + Westgarth(6) = 35 goals

Defense = 30 goals


That's about 260 goals. Not bad at all....

Capn Brown is offline  
Old
07-13-2011, 02:34 PM
  #472
Duc620
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 931
vCash: 500
Lokti should start and stay in Manchester as a 1 or 2 center. Center is his best position and that's where we should develop him. With the acquisition of Richards there is absolutely no reason to put him in the NHL at this point in his career and physical development. The only thing he's proven up here is that he can get badly injured. He's still growing and training. He's going to be a great 2/3 center in a couple of years and terrific on the PP and PK. Let him grow.

No on Semin. Not enough warrior in him for me. A classic example of a regular season star who boosts personal and team stats and then can't do anything important in important games at important times. He scores and plays hard when it's easy on the ice.

Duc620 is offline  
Old
07-13-2011, 02:43 PM
  #473
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
You're expecting only 15 goals out of Gagne? Seriously? Here's my take:

Penner(27) + Kopitar(24) + Williams(24) = 75 goals
Gagne(28) + Richards(19) + Brown(28) = 75 goals
Clifford(14) + Stoll(20) + Richardson(11) = 45 goals
Parse(16) + Lewis(13) + Westgarth(6) = 35 goals

Defense = 30 goals


That's about 260 goals. Not bad at all....
He is probably assuming injury, as will I when I get around to making my predictions.

A few comments: You're way too optimistic on the 4th line, take off at least 5 goals a piece. Probably take off a handful from Stoll as well (Linemate quality takes a big step back from last year), and you're probably selling MR and Kopi a bit short.

KopitarFAN is offline  
Old
07-13-2011, 02:44 PM
  #474
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
If we trade for semin then Penner has to go. If Penner can't go to Washington Williams did (sounds like hogwash to me... Trading Williams. Voynov, maybe so) then Penner has to go somewhere else and a solid RW has to be coming the other way.

JDM is offline  
Old
07-13-2011, 02:46 PM
  #475
Capn Brown
Registered User
 
Capn Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc620 View Post
A classic example of a regular season star who boosts personal and team stats and then can't do anything important in important games at important times.

The 1988-1994 Los Angeles Kings?

Capn Brown is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.