HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Get to know your fellow posters!

Old
07-03-2011, 01:40 PM
fiedy88

vCash: 500

Music: Green Day, RUSH, Foo Fighters, pretty much any and all classic rock.

Food: Pasta, meats, and some seafoods, I'm a sucker for good ravioli.

Interests: Watching and reviewing movies, NHL 11, drinking with friends, making videos for my youtube channel that you all should subscribe to.

http://www.youtube.com/mattfiedler

fiedy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:42 PM
Hockey2000nyr

Occupation: I work at an architecture firm here on long island. I have a drafting degree from a school on LI called Island Drafting & Technical Institute. I decided to go back to school at NYIT Old Westbury campus for a 5 year Architecture degree, hopefully get my license sometime in the future. Also with a family history in the FDNY, i have aspirations to be a Fireman as well. Architecture is such a nice backup plan haha.

Music: Favorite band is the Foo Fighters (seen them twice and will be seeing them twice more). Also enjoy listening to Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers (Hoping to see them on their next tour), The Offspring (seen them once), Bush, Soundgarden, Green Day, Sum 41, Saving Abel, Linkin Park, Pearl Jam (seen them 3 times), Seether, Staind, Sumblime, and many more

Food: Not really picky when it comes to food, just no seafood please haha

Interests: obviously love hockey, after i graduated high school i coached for two years before i went back to school. Love playing video games, mainly sports but also enjoy COD. I do triathlons every summer. This summer i will be doing the TOBAY Triathlon up in oyster bay, and i will also be doing a triathlon out in the hamptons on 9/11. Will be making up a t-shirt in memory of the 343 fireman that had passed on that day.

Misc: My dad has had season tickets in section 425 since the year before the Rangers won the cup. I've had an encounter with Eddie Olcyzk the year the Rangers won the cup that was very very cool. Basic story was he was out with a thumb injury towards the end of that season. the rangers went on to win the cup, after they come back from the lockout my dad took me to a game. we were standing behind the benches watching warmups and eddie o was stretching out. he looked up into the crowd, looked down, looked back up, bent down picked up a puck. pointed me out of the crowd, my dad pointed down at me and eddie o shook his head yes. he then proceeded to toss up a puck to my dad. dont know if it was coincidence or he actually did recognize me. but that was really cool

Hockey2000nyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:43 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Occupation: Student at Columbia SEAS. Studying applied math and financial economics
Music: Classical Rock. Love me some Beatles, Grateful Dead, Stones, etc.
Food: Pizza, Soups, dishes revolving around chicken. I'm a pretty picky eater so I make a lot of my food myself (and I'm a pretty darn good cook).
Interests: Well, the rangers. I don't really have much to do over the summer. Next summer, I'm interning at DE Shaw. This summer... just sitting around. School year is taken up by studying, clubs, girlfriend and hockey haha.
Misc:

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:47 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

There's a lot here, I was bored and added a few things:

Age: 24. Grew up in rural NJ (yes it exists), went to college in Boston, and now live in MN for work.

Why/How Rangers?: Ranger fan since birth, but '94 got me hooked (I was only 7, but it had a huge impact on me). Started watching every game religiously around 1998 (perfect timing) and continued to do so even amid the “dark ages”. I vividly remember arguing with a friend in 2000 that Mike York was the next great Ranger.

Occupation: I moved to MN to work as a Financial Analyst for a huge company. Yes, the weather is that bad but nothing beats a long Saturday of pond hockey or a Summer weekend up North.

Music: Music taste is all over the board. I typically consider Incubus my favorite band (late 90s- early 00s teen; seen them live 11 times) but since have gotten into a diverse array of bands: My Morning Jacket, Talking Heads, Motley Crue, The Black Keys, Hall & Oats, Fleet Foxes, Cut Copy, Zeppelin, Phish, Wale, MGMT and even a little country.

Food:
Ribs, a good steak, Italian. REALLY miss NY pizza, don't take it for granted!

TV/Movies:
-TV = Dexter, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (it's going downhill though), Sons of Anarchy, Band of Brothers (if that counts).

-Movies = Huuuuuge fan of ridiculous 80s/90s action flicks. Arnold, Van Damme, Stallone, etc. Favorites include Road House, Demolition Man, Commando, Point Break, Tango and Cash, Timecop, The Running Man...I could go on for days. I also love those ridiculous movies on the Syfy channel like Sharktopus, Dinoshark, Boa vs. Python, Mega Piranha, etc.

Car: No car but just bought a 2011 Harley Davidson Superlow. Have not told my Mom yet, she is going to have a heart attack.

Interests/Misc:
-Diehard Giants fan, have attended at least one game a year since I was 8.

-Played club hockey in college (stay at home blue-collar dman) and am in two leagues out here. But working at a desk is really killing my abilities, trying to get back on a full workout program.

-Long walks on the beach.

07-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

26, Rangers fan since 1993, when I first watched a match
IT Consultant. Basically helping companies structure their support lines in the IT department or help them to restructure the IT departments because of cutbacks
Music:
A fan of rock and Indie music, with Kasabian as my nr. 1 fav. artist.
Food:
Biltong!
Interests:
Apart from hockey, I am a rugby freak. Big fan of the Natal Sharks (from South Africa) and writing articles. Also making highlight reels for websites.
Misc:
Being from Holland, I have struggled so much to actually watch the Rangers the first couple of years. Now the only thing that holds me back is the timezone. Watching a match played @ MSG, starts at 1 AM for me.
Rangers preference:
When watching the Rangers, everybody has their favourites. I like watching Zuccarello play and hope he improves to turn out to be a top class player for NYR. Also the draft of Shane McColgan put a smile on my face. Artem Anisimov is also a player I am fond of.

Amazing Kreiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:48 PM
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat

Music: Ya'll know I love Billy Joel. Others include Queen, Styx, Eagles, Bruce Springsteen, Def Leppard. Basically anything for the 70s or 80s.
Food: Pizza.
Interests: Aside from hockey, I honestly don't have anything that really interests me. Video games would count, I guess. I also play the saxophone.
Misc:

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:50 PM
TrollololBoyle

Occupation: Student in the visual arts path, but might want to switch to communication of some sort. I don't know what I want to do, I like everything, which is sort of a bad thing

Music: Arcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys, Crystal Castles, Das Racist, Earl Sweatshirt, Elliott Smith, Fleet Foxes, Kasabian, Megadeth, Miley Cyrus, The Moldy Peaches, Motley Crue, MSTRKRFT, Nine Inch Nails, Queens Of The Stone Age, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Sleigh Bells, Sonic Youth, The Strokes, Them Crooked Vultures, UNKLE, Vampire Weekend, Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Food: I like basically everything but fish, HATE fish.

Interests: baseball, hockey, MMA, health/fitness, music, guitar, drums, dubstep, indie, history, learning everything, improv comedy,

Misc: I want to go wingsuit flying one day

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:57 PM
GarretJoseph*

Music: I like all kinds of music, just about everything except heavy metal.

Food: Shepard's pie or stuffed tomatoes

Interests: The Rangers obviously, Manchester United FC, NY Mets, NY Giants, NY Knicks, All International & Club Soccer, My Wife & Daughter, Traveling, Action Figures, Computers, Working Out, Forensics, Movies, Comics, Music, Football Manager 02-11, FIFA series, NHL series, sex.

Misc: Played a lot of sports in H/S, played Ice Hockey for 5 years as a LD. Played and continue to play soccer for over 25 years, Married over 7 years, Daughter will be turning 4 this year. Been on HFBoards a long time but don't always post (I go through phases of not posting)
I've got half-season tickets in section 331. I also have season tickets for the NY Redbulls in Jersey. I live in Manhattan, 5 mins away from the garden and I recently dumped my Jagr jersey and plan on getting a Richards one.
I also post a lot in the soccer section on page 2 here at HFboards.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Music : I hate hip hop.

Interests : This...

and this...

I'm a modern day pirate, and support my Rangers while doing so!

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 02:28 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Music: Ya'll know I love Billy Joel. Others include Queen, Styx, Eagles, Bruce Springsteen, Def Leppard. Basically anything for the 70s or 80s.
Food: Pizza.
Interests: Aside from hockey, I honestly don't have anything that really interests me. Video games would count, I guess. I also play the saxophone.
Misc:
Downeaster Alexa is one of my favorite songs ever.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Music: Anything except Country and retarded rap (good rap, yes, retarded lyrics and guys that just yell the N word, no) and I LOVE Billy Joel

Food: Uno's and Cheesecake Factory FTW! Italian, Chinese.

Interests: Watching the Rangers, I write my own blog (www.BlueShirtsOnBroadway.com check it out if you haven't already), play Call of Duty and NHL 11 all the time.

Misc: I have 4 dogs and I hate any thing Islanders, Devils, Flyers, Penguins, or Capitals related.

Let's go Rangers!!!

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 02:50 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Music: 90's Alternative/Grunge, Non-Commercial Hip Hop, some Classical as well.
Food: Beef Jerky, Seafood, Munchies, Baja Fresh Burrito Ultimo's w/ Steak
Interests: Rangers, Music, Non-Fiction books, Non-fiction TV programming, Beer & Wine, Canines, Darts & Ping Pong, UFOlogy and Supernatural topics
TV/Movies: National Geographic Channel, History Channel, Documentaries, any non-fictional programming. Love the Coast To Coast AM radio show.
Misc: I own a Prucha jersey & an MDZ jersey, currently can't sport either of them when I attend games at MSG, lol.

wolfgaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 02:55 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH2 View Post
If your businesses operate counter-cyclically then the economy isn't necessarily to blame. Compare your businesses to Bureau of Economic Analysis industry indexes (ones that are similar to your businesses targeted customers) and that should help you understand where your businesses will go in the future.
they dont, they are actually interrelated businesses. and i need 1 to have the other. one is online based, and one is an actual storefront. last 2 years the online has been kicking ass, but the storefront has been terribad, losing money every month. right now the storefront is producing literally the maximum it can, and the online business has regressed.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 02:56 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
Occupation: I work in an office and it's pretty much Office Space; I'll leave it at that. Hate my job and I'm trying to head back to school sometime in 2012 and if I could land a new job that would be sweet too.
Lots of us in that boat...

"Yeah, I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work."

One day they'll find a way so we can all work from home and be happy!

wolfgaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 03:16 PM
Chalfdiggity3

Occupation: Full time Student at Ramapo College and work part time in a family owned business called Samuelson Furniture.
Music: I a big classic rock fan, but like to listen to a bit of everything
Food: Favorite is sushi but ill never say no to trying anything once
Interests: Looking to become a history teacher for high school, love watching and playing all sports, still love playing video games (COD, NHL, you name it), currently writing a comic book with a friend called Astral Rain, just came out with the 1st issue, and the 2nd will be coming out soon.
Check it out if you want: http://www.astralraincomic.com/
TV/Movies: Thrones, Entourage, True Blood, Family Guy.. The Big Lebowski, Spaceballs, Hangover, Pulp Fiction, The Boondock Saints
Misc:
1. Rangers
2. Knicks
3. Jets
4. Yankees

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 03:16 PM
Cmox

Occupation: Ebay store manager. I sell novelty t-shirts and what not.

Music: Punk and it's related sub genre's

Food: I can't digest gluten and don't eat me - so veggies burgers!

Interests: Rangers, Fun stuff, going to shows

Misc: Played ice hockey for 10 years. I have MS, ehh played in crappy thrash punk band with the dude who started Lookout Records (name drop, yeeoww)

Hello!

Last edited by Cmox: 07-03-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 03:17 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Music:
Food:
Interests:
TV/Movies
Misc:

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Machinehead
Purple Hayes

Music: Metal. rock, and metal
Food: If it's edible, I like it.
Interests: Sports, music, writing, xbox, girls, goofing off, this place.
TV/Movies: Old school cartoons, and sports on tv. Movies: whatever my friends are seeing. MY favorite was always Rocky
Misc:I need a date

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 03:36 PM
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 1092

Music
: My favorite stuff includes- Metallica, Godsmack, Arsis, The Fall of Troy, Pink Floyd, Bayside, The Beatles, Senses Fail, Alkaline Trio, The Roots, MF Doom, Eminem, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Ida Maria, Paramore.

Food: I'm a big salad kind of guy. Also been known to eat a lot of pizza.

Interests: I play video games way too much. I love poker. And I'm a Jets and Knicks fan also.

TV/Movies:I own too many seasons of Law and Order SVU

Misc: I own two Gomez jerseys (one is autographed and was given to me last year), a Prucha jersey, an Avery jersey. I'm gonna get a new one this year: either Cally, Gabby, or BRich.
Forgot to mention I play bass guitar and drums.

Net Front Presence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Occupation: Don't currently work. Got my EMT-B and I am currently going to school for Paramedics.

Music: Metal - Metalcore, Hardcore...yes, "screamo".

Food: Italian, Chinese, Mexican.

Interests: New York Rangers hockey! I like to play NHL a lot. My addiction with free time. I love playing ice and roller hockey.

TV/Movies: Almost all of Adam Sandler's movies, Star Wars, Seinfeld. Not big when it comes to movies and TV.

Misc: I live in Florida?

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Machinehead
Purple Hayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post

Occupation: Don't currently work. Got my EMT-B and I am currently going to school for Paramedics.

Music: Metal - Metalcore, Hardcore...yes, "screamo".

Food: Italian, Chinese, Mexican.

Interests: New York Rangers hockey! I like to play NHL a lot. My addiction with free time. I love playing ice and roller hockey.

TV/Movies: Almost all of Adam Sandler's movies, Star Wars, Seinfeld. Not big when it comes to movies and TV.

Misc: I live in Florida?
Is it actually screamo, or just metal with screaming that people refer to as "screamo" because they don't any better?

Old
07-03-2011, 03:47 PM
Lady Vengeance
FTTW

Occupation: Graphic designer, currently working for an iPad publication

Music: My favorite singer is Tom Waits, and my favorite band is the Swingin' Utters. I also love a wide variety of artists: Elvis, Bobby Darin, Sam Cooke, Rolling Stones, Rancid, Cockney Rejects, Street Dogs, Bouncing Souls, Pietasters, Hepcat, Madness, the Pogues, Murphy's Law, Lady Gaga, Britney Spears, Annie Lennox, Dwight Yoakam, Patsy Cline, Dolly Parton...and on and on.

Food: I could eat pizza every day. I also love Korean food, especially when my mom makes it. and cupcakes. Cupcakes are my weakness.

Interests: Art, dance, karaoke, movies, roller derby, my cats

TV/Movies: Dexter, So You Think You Can Dance, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia...most of my favorite shows aren't on the air anymore.
The Fifth Element, Leon, Sympathy for Lady Vengeance, Mean Girls, Drop Dead Gorgeous. Also have a true appreciation for ridiculous action flicks like Con Air, True Lies, almost anything by Roland Emmerich.

Misc: If you're looking a sports-fix during the offseason, I suggest checking out the Gotham Girls Roller Derby. Next bout is this Saturday.

Lady Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Is it actually screamo, or just metal with screaming that people refer to as "screamo" because they don't any better?
I think the people that don't listen to it refer it as screamo. My buddy always gets me on it. lol

It's screaming vocals with metal riffs and drums, I guess. haha

Old
07-03-2011, 03:52 PM
Machinehead
Purple Hayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
I think the people that don't listen to it refer it as screamo. My buddy always gets me on it. lol

It's screaming vocals with metal riffs and drums, I guess. haha
It's probably not screamo. Screamo is one of the misinterpreted things is music. I have the same arguments with my friends

We're all metal nerds. I'm also a hockey nerd, that's why I joined

Old
07-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
It's probably not screamo. Screamo is one of the misinterpreted things is music. I have the same arguments with my friends
I can see where they say it's screamo, because, well, the vocalists do scream.

Screamo, to me, is just singers just yelling and acting emo with no flow and harmony.