HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

Bobby Goepfert to SCSU?

Closed Thread

Old
07-28-2004, 12:32 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Bobby Goepfert to SCSU?

According to today's St. Cloud Times, Goepfert will be on the campus of St. Cloud State this weekend. Many who have been following the NCAA summer developments will remember that Goepfert was dismissed by Providence College for unspecified team rules violations. Goepfert along with USHL goaltender Jimmy Spratt will be at SCSU this weekend to talk to coach Dahl and the Huskies coaching staff. Stay tuned.

You can check out the story HERE.

Last edited by Oilers Chick: 07-28-2004 at 01:20 PM.
Old
08-01-2004, 04:18 PM
Fleury14
Kipper

How has Goepfert progressed since his stellar WJC tourney a couple years ago?

Old
08-31-2004, 11:25 PM
woody666

For anyone that doesn't no why he was kicked out, i found this story to why.

"His dismissal from Providence in May caught the 5-foot-10 netminder off guard. He blamed the release on a lack of communication than anything else.

"I was blamed for plagiarizing on a paper that I turned in because I forgot to turn in a bibliography with it," said Goepfert. "I pulled an all-nighter on the paper and just forgot, my teacher was one of the Deans of the English department and he immediately called Paul [Pooley, the Friars' head coach]. I got a call that afternoon from Paul telling me I was kicked off the team."

He went on to say that it was probably his fault, but he's now looking at that unfortunate incident as a "blessing in disguise."

"St. Cloud just seemed comfortable and now I get a chance to play for a great team with some great guys in a great league," said Goepfert. "Everyone knows how good the WCHA is."

http://www.uscho.com/news/2004/08/10_008623.php

Closed Thread