HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Alexander Semin to Detroit

Old
07-03-2011, 04:36 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 500
Pfff.. One person wants to keep Detroits 1st round pick, but another wants to keep it plus be given one for Semin.

Why would Detroit need a 1st round pick? None of the players on their team that were drafted by them were drafted in the 1st round.

SimplySensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Harvey Specter
Boooooone

Caps will not trade any player for any return that makes them unquestionably worse. Schultz for a prospect/pick? Sure, because they've got Erskine and there's plenty of depth still out on the market. A near-PPG player with considerably greater upside? Just no.

Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 04:39 PM
TradeBait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
Why would Detroit need a 1st round pick? None of the players on their team that were drafted by them were drafted in the 1st round.
You're right, why not just trade all our 1st rounders for 5th rounders, after all that's where all the talent is.

TradeBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Fallschirmyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings95 View Post
I don't mind semin but hudler and flip is gonna be too much cap space for the caps to take back since they r tight up against. I say flip or huds plus prospect, I would add kindl plus to sheahan plus nyquist plus two first for semin and carrlson. Would add more if I have too.
See now you're beyond adding 1st rounders and into about your first 3 born. In it's own twisted and sick way, it would take you more to pry Carlson out of DC than it would Semin. We have been waiting for Dmen like him for years and now we have two of them. They would be far more expensive to acquire than their actual worth.

Fallschirmyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 05:55 PM
Shoryuken
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
Pfff.. One person wants to keep Detroits 1st round pick, but another wants to keep it plus be given one for Semin.

Kronwall and Kindl were.

Shoryuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 06:05 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

it would take Filppula plus a prospect and a pick to get semin and nope the guy aint worth it as he is signed for just one year and as ellusive as he can be with puck, he is soft and a weiner and has no heart.

now mike green???

i hope a team goes after alzner.

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Ovechkins Wodka

I think GMGM would listen to offers for Semin but would seek a return much like philly got for Richards and Carter.

im thinking a top prospect, 1st rounder, and another piece. I cant really see detroit paying that price tag so a trade isnt likley.

Ovechkins Wodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 06:45 PM
octopi

vCash: 844
This isn't really feasible. The Wings players of that caliber work their butts off playing a two way game, and those guys aren't about to be traded back for Semin. Although, I think semin might do well with Datsyuk kicking his arse all day long.

octopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Capitlols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkins Wodka View Post
I think GMGM would listen to offers for Semin but would seek a return much like philly got for Richards and Carter.

im thinking a top prospect, 1st rounder, and another piece. I cant really see detroit paying that price tag so a trade isnt likley.
lol no. The circumstances are much different.

Capitlols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 06:58 PM
Robert Theodorson

Semin is actually more responsible in his own end than Ovechkin, people who don't actually watch our games. I could care less about his two-way game which was developing, it's all about the playoffs for us.

Robert Theodorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 06:59 PM
Ovechkins Wodka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appreci8 View Post
lol no. The circumstances are much different.
When has GMGM ever not gotten top value for his players.

Old
07-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Birko19

A soft European dangler that scores goals, sorry, we already have Euro danglers that do that, and they're actually not soft, if I'm trading with Washington I'm more interested in a young d-man like Alzner, and for him I would give one of our top forward prospects like Tatar, Nyquist, or Pulkkinen, and a 1st.

Birko19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 07:06 PM
Capathetic

Question. If Semin is so lazy and doesnt work hard...why do so many fans want to poach him from the caps? How did he ever put up 40 goals? How did he even learn to do all his slick dangles,and shoot wrist shots you dont even see untill they hit the net?

Point is...I play hockey and I like to think I work at it...give it my all..you know those intangible things that this forum wets the bed over. Alex Semin had to work to get where he is today,sure some god given talent is there...but people he was not born automaticaly knowing how to curl and drag thru a starting nhl caliber defense.

40 goal potential is alot. Sure hard working players are nice,but Ill take semin and his ocasional gaffes any day of the week over a 15 goal guy who aparantly works his butt off...and its really simple actually....because goals win hockey games. Flat out you need more than the other team.Alex Semin has a better chance than 85% of the league to score a goal when the puck is on his stick. I just wish everyone would stop crying about what he does not do and embrace the fact that he makes the game of hockey that we all love better. Hes fun to watch and not only as a fan but once again as someone who plays the game...the guys unbelievable.

Capathetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 07:07 PM
Capitlols

Quote:
When is an enigmatic Russian winger, with 1-year left worth the same as 1st line C's(Richards and Carter) signed for 10+ years at good cap hits.

...the circumstances are different.

Capitlols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 07:09 PM
Capathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birko19 View Post
A soft European dangler that scores goals, sorry, we already have Euro danglers that do that, and they're actually not soft, if I'm trading with Washington I'm more interested in a young d-man like Alzner, and for him I would give one of our top forward prospects like Tatar, Nyquist, or Pulkkinen, and a 1st.
Define soft for me please? Not busting your balls I just really want to know what makes Alex "soft"

Capathetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 07:13 PM
CapsWolverinesUSA

Putting aside whether Detroit would grace us with their presence in a trade for someone like Semin, and putting aside the fact that the teams are obviously not well-suited trade partners, the issue with Semin being traded to anyone is that it's basically impossible for Washington to get fair value for him. His precieved KHL flight risk and his introverted personality (basically known as a guy who has no interactions with anyone who isn't russian) make him the sort of player that most teams are uncomfortable acquiring at the cost it generally takes to acquire a 40/40 guy. He may be a flawed player, but he's still an extremely useful player, and unless and until McPhee decides that his departure is necessary for team growth, the Caps aren't going to take 50 cents on the dollar for him.

CapsWolverinesUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 07:29 PM
Ovechkins Wodka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appreci8 View Post
When is an enigmatic Russian winger, with 1-year left worth the same as 1st line C's(Richards and Carter) signed for 10+ years at good cap hits.

...the circumstances are different.
He would have to close to value that trade value hossa and kovalchuk had when they were moved

Old
07-03-2011, 07:30 PM
The Finnish MacInnis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin Ovenchicken View Post
How about no prospects and instead a legit roster player(s) to a team that is just as interested in winning a Cup as Detroit?

Or if prospects are so awesome, how about the Wings trade Datsyuk to the Caps for Kuznetsov, Orlov and Colorado's 1st?
The manner in which you spew your filth makes me wonder just how many hfboarders would like to request that you kindly ess their collective effing dees. Get a life, www.warrior.

The Finnish MacInnis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 07:33 PM
Fallschirmyager

Quote:
2 days ago for Varlamov.

Old
07-03-2011, 07:43 PM
Henkka

I'd offer:

Filppula + Tatar + conditional 1st <> Semin
if Semin re-signs with Wings.

Filppula + Tatar <> Semin + conditional 2nd
if he goes other team or KHL.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 10:34 PM
TradeBait

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubynj View Post
Question. If Semin is so lazy and doesnt work hard...why do so many fans want to poach him from the caps? How did he ever put up 40 goals? How did he even learn to do all his slick dangles,and shoot wrist shots you dont even see untill they hit the net?
When we call him lazy we aren't saying he can't dangle and shoot, infact I can tell you have no idea what lazy means. Having a heavy shot doesn't make you a hard worker, it's not about what you do with the puck but more about what you do when you don't have it.

TradeBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 10:52 PM
Halpysback*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydude35 View Post
When we call him lazy we aren't saying he can't dangle and shoot, infact I can tell you have no idea what lazy means. Having a heavy shot doesn't make you a hard worker, it's not about what you do with the puck but more about what you do when you don't have it.
Oh, you mean be a takeaway behemoth and excellent PK-er? God, what a sloth.

There's some things Semin's cannot do. He can't hit (unless it's Dan Boyle). He can't dominate the boards. He's got a lanky stride which makes him seem lazy even though he can beat just about anybody out to a loose puck and was our best player at gaining the zone with the puck last season. 40 goal / 80 point player and routinely top 5 in the league in PPG? Who cares, he doesn't do it while breaking skulls.

It's hilarious watching both Caps fans and non-Caps fans convince themselves he's a worthless player and that he could be dealt for scraps and be replaced by Joel Ward without the team missing a beat. Tell me, what happens if Ovechkin forgets what a wrist shot looks like next season like he had last season? Are Joel Ward and Troy Brouwer gonna be our salvation, or is the team gonna have to play Rangers Hockey without Rangers personnel behind the bench and be half-dead by the time the playoffs roll around because they have to win every game 2-1 and forget what easy goals look like? How long before you people turn on Brooks Laich once he reverts to 15-25 form after his patented play of "chip the puck up to Semin, have him deke 3 defenders and roof it backhand top corner" is no longer available to him. (Of course, he could revert to his other patented play of "have Semin deke 3 defenders and get tackled while sliding the puck through 2 pairs of legs for an easy tap in", aka "gritty Captain Material Brooks Laich works the net, baby!")

Funny thing is, of the two playoff series this iteration of the Caps has won to date, Semin was the best player in both of them. But none of that matters since he got frustrated with a ref in game 4 and had St. Louis score as the result. If he had the grit and tenacity of Proud Canadian Union Guy Brooks Laich (as opposed to Shameful Russian Money Grubber Alexander Semin), we'd be hoisting that cup, baby. Amirite?

McPhee's not an idiot. Semin is not moving without an equally high end offensive player or a high-end defenseman to compliment Green coming back. Get real.

Halpysback* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 10:59 PM
CapsWolverinesUSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallschirmyager View Post
2 days ago for Varlamov.
Wait, what? You DON'T think he got top value for the player in that trade? You might be the one person on planet Earth with that viewpoint.

CapsWolverinesUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 01:44 AM
Fallschirmyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsWolverinesUSA View Post
Wait, what? You DON'T think he got top value for the player in that trade? You might be the one person on planet Earth with that viewpoint.
That's what happens when you aren't wearing your glasses. you misread things. I think GMGM used a coarse sand paper condom when he did that trade.

Old
07-04-2011, 01:52 AM
Crazy8oooo
k ؃

I knew before opening up this thread it was going to be an offer of Hudler & Kindl...Most every Redwing proposal is offering up the same 2 players no matter what they're asking for in return...

Hudler & Kindl for star player of team A

Hudler & Kindl for star player of team B

Hudler & Kindl for star player of team C

Hudler & Kindl for star player of team D

Find new team, repeat offer....etc...

Crazy8oooo is offline   Reply With Quote