HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Denis Gauthier future UFA

Closed Thread

Old
07-28-2004, 05:29 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Denis Gauthier future UFA

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/cgy38.html

If Flames walk away, Rangers must sign him. We can use a good solid hitting dman. And only 27 and had a career year in points. I can see his salary being raised a bit. If raised too much, I can see Flames walking away.

Old
07-28-2004, 05:32 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41

If Flames walk away, Rangers must sign him. We can use a good solid hitting dman. And only 27 and had a career year in points. I can see his salary being raised a bit. If raised too much, I can see Flames walking away.
why would he want to sign here? this guy is way overrated anyway. he isn't worth the money he could command on the open market.

Old
07-28-2004, 05:34 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
why would he want to sign here? this guy is way overrated anyway. he isn't worth the money he could command on the open market.

yea but when was last time we actually had a dman that can clear the crease? Its been a while, I say give him a shot.

Old
07-28-2004, 05:41 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Whoever he signs with will have to committ to playing him at least 18 minutes a game. Whoever can promise him that has a shot. I don't think he'll leave Canada, just my opinion.

Old
07-28-2004, 06:12 PM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
I don't think he'll leave Canada, just my opinion.
I have a feeling that the Habs would jump all over Gauthier.

Old
07-28-2004, 06:19 PM
ftyutin51

I would LOVE it if the Rangers signed Gauthier.

Gauthier: Stay-at-home, strong, and hitting machine defensmen. Exactly who we need for Poti to play with.. that is if we still have Poti.. Plus, Gauthier is fairly young (27years old) and puts up a reasonable amount of points (16 pts career high).

Old
07-28-2004, 06:22 PM
NYR469

Quote:
yea but when was last time we actually had a dman that can clear the crease? Its been a while, I say give him a shot.
he didn't say the rangers shouldn't go after him...he asked why gauthier would come here...big difference

Old
07-28-2004, 06:23 PM
NYR469

keep in mind that every year we here countless players who are going to become UFAs after their arbitration hearings and 99.999999999% of the time that player gets resigned...latest examples being cloutier and morrison. i wouldn't hold my breath waiting for gauthier or anyone else to become available this way...

if they do then sather should look to take advantage of it, but it is extremely unlikely

Old
07-28-2004, 06:28 PM
ftyutin51

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
keep in mind that every year we here countless players who are going to become UFAs after their arbitration hearings and 99.999999999% of the time that player gets resigned...latest examples being cloutier and morrison. i wouldn't hold my breath waiting for gauthier or anyone else to become available this way...

if they do then sather should look to take advantage of it, but it is extremely unlikely
Yah, considering Sather likes to take his time signing players, coaches, etc and always ends up losing. :lol

Old
07-28-2004, 06:34 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftyutin51
Yah, considering Sather likes to take his time signing players, coaches, etc and always ends up losing. :lol

Well he did rush with Karpa and Ulanov signings. They were signed July 1 or 2ed if i recall. He likes to make sure the crap is off the market, then he takes so much time to sign good players, by the time he makes up his mind, they signed with other teams and are off the market, same can be said for coaches. Imagine if we had Hitchcock as coach. He dont give a damn if ur a first line player or 4th line player, if u take a bad penalty or if u dont play defense, then u will sit. He made Mike Modano a good two way player.

Old
07-28-2004, 06:49 PM
Barnaby

IF (very big IF) he becomes available then I would definately look at him. He's no star, but he could be a nice addition for us on a 2-3 year deal.

Old
07-28-2004, 07:29 PM
little a from da bx

Quote:

i would definitly sign him, if he became available. he is big and tough and strong, definitly can clear the crease, with the signing of sturdwick who knows if he wil be a lw or d but if so with the addition of gauthier would give nyr 3 solid d pairs. hopefully we move poti and thats what we could have as a lineup. looks good to me, just what we need a mix of size and strngeth youth and expieienced players along with the mix of offensive minded players and defensive minded players. these are just pairings ( PEOPLE WHO I THINK WOULD WORK ) thats all this isnt 1st pair second pair and third. just combinations, some one asks ( can i say your name-sos-, well maybe i shouldnt u might get upset again and cry, then send me a message crying, , but whatever ) why would he want to come here??? i dont know why do u think he played with calgary which just made it out of knowwhere to the cup, u act like he was on det or toronto some big name club thats always top of the league, if offered a fair contract, for 2 years club option of a third, then i say we would have a shot at getting him. plus he would be great, he would help us compete against teams like philly and toronto and jersey that are tough on defense, and big with size. if not nyr will be getting smacked around left and right.

tyutin - kaspar
pock- gauthier
rachunek - sturdwick

Last edited by little a from da bx: 07-28-2004 at 07:34 PM.
Old
07-28-2004, 09:23 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftyutin51
well that is true but i meant it was unlikely that he'd become available at all, not about whether or not we'd actually get him

Old
07-28-2004, 09:24 PM
NYR469

and if we are going to talk about fantasy situations like this...another guy headed to arbitration that we'd be drooling over if by some miracle he became available is chara...

not likely to happen, but whatever

Old
07-28-2004, 09:34 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by little a from da bx
i would definitly sign him, if he became available. he is big and tough and strong, definitly can clear the crease, with the signing of sturdwick who knows if he wil be a lw or d but if so with the addition of gauthier would give nyr 3 solid d pairs. hopefully we move poti and thats what we could have as a lineup. looks good to me, just what we need a mix of size and strngeth youth and expieienced players along with the mix of offensive minded players and defensive minded players. these are just pairings ( PEOPLE WHO I THINK WOULD WORK ) thats all this isnt 1st pair second pair and third. just combinations, some one asks ( can i say your name-sos-, well maybe i shouldnt u might get upset again and cry, then send me a message crying, , but whatever ) why would he want to come here??? i dont know why do u think he played with calgary which just made it out of knowwhere to the cup, u act like he was on det or toronto some big name club thats always top of the league, if offered a fair contract, for 2 years club option of a third, then i say we would have a shot at getting him. plus he would be great, he would help us compete against teams like philly and toronto and jersey that are tough on defense, and big with size. if not nyr will be getting smacked around left and right.

tyutin - kaspar
pock- gauthier
rachunek - sturdwick
say my name? i don't think you can spell my name

why would this guy want to come here? hello the flames just went to the cup with a young team why would he want to leave that? if he did want to leave that why would he want to come to the rangers? the rangers may have the worst team in hockey next season. hmm leave a cup contender to sign with the rangers for a few more dollars it doesn't make sense. i wouldn't want a guy that would do that anyway. this guy is maybe a top 4 defenseman on the rangers i don't want to think about what he would be on a deeper team. he isn't worth the money and i don't blame calgary if they walk away. an oft injured defenseman that isn't a gamebreaker isn't worth going after. Next year or the year after gautier could make a little differance but this year whats the point?

Old
07-29-2004, 05:18 PM
little a from da bx

Quote:
say my name? i don't think you can spell my name

why would this guy want to come here? hello the flames just went to the cup with a young team why would he want to leave that? if he did want to leave that why would he want to come to the rangers? the rangers may have the worst team in hockey next season. hmm leave a cup contender to sign with the rangers for a few more dollars it doesn't make sense. i wouldn't want a guy that would do that anyway. this guy is maybe a top 4 defenseman on the rangers i don't want to think about what he would be on a deeper team. he isn't worth the money and i don't blame calgary if they walk away. an oft injured defenseman that isn't a gamebreaker isn't worth going after. Next year or the year after gautier could make a little differance but this year whats the point?
huh???? u consider calgary a cup contender, do u know what a cup contender is, its teams like det and toronto and philly not teams that just make the eighth seed or whatever and happen to get lucky and make the cup. they are just like anaheim, they made it to the cup, are they cup contenders to???? they didnt even make the playoffs., u still ask why gauthier would want to come here, i think if u read my post, i said why. no need to say it well type it again

Old
07-29-2004, 06:43 PM
bigblue21

Quote:
huh???? u consider calgary a cup contender, do u know what a cup contender is, its teams like det and toronto and philly not teams that just make the eighth seed or whatever and happen to get lucky and make the cup. they are just like anaheim, they made it to the cup, are they cup contenders to???? they didnt even make the playoffs., u still ask why gauthier would want to come here, i think if u read my post, i said why. no need to say it well type it again
say what you will about calgary, but they were more than anaheim (strong goaltending and timely scoring) in that they outworked every single team they played. They even did so with injuries to major components of their team, like Reinprecht, McAmmond, Gauthier, and Lydman. Anaheim never had to overcome such adversity.

Old
07-29-2004, 07:30 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
calgary could have won the stanley cup i don't know what you consider a cup contender.

two years and a club option i know that must have been one of your many mistypes because no way he signs with the rangers for that. gautier would want a lot of money and the rangers shouldn't spend it on him. the rangers are better off spending it on a player in the future. you do know there is going to be a lockout and possible salary cap/luxary tax?

Old
07-29-2004, 10:04 PM
little a from da bx

Quote:
calgary could have won the stanley cup i don't know what you consider a cup contender.

two years and a club option i know that must have been one of your many mistypes because no way he signs with the rangers for that. gautier would want a lot of money and the rangers shouldn't spend it on him. the rangers are better off spending it on a player in the future. you do know there is going to be a lockout and possible salary cap/luxary tax?
ok and what do u think he will be asking for, obviousley another one of your ignorant/ im getting offended, stop picking on me comments, nothing new ( just please dont send me any more private messages to tell me stop picking on u )..... he will want maybe somewhere in the area of 2-2.5 maybe, to me it would be worth it, we have no toughness and once again u dont think, who does nyr have in the sense of toughness thats nhl ready????? purrinton , but i wouldnt make hima regular. with sturdwick helps out and with gauthier would be perfect we need the toughness for teams like philly and toronto etc.... u do know that right????? and idint i tell u what i consider a cup contender, or are u somewhat blind to my post, or shall i repeat it again for the disabled?????

Old
07-29-2004, 10:43 PM
little a from da bx

[QUOTE=Son of Steinbrenner]
. gautier would want a lot of money and the rangers shouldn't spend it on him. the rangers are better off spending it on a player in the future.

CALGARY SUN: Todd Saelhof yesterday reported the agent for Flames defenceman Denis Gauthier has had little success with Flames GM Darryl Sutter attempting to get his client re-signed before his arbitration hearing slated for next month. Gilles Lupien said he only spoke to Sutter once regarding his client, a "two minute talk" where the Flames GM said Gauthier should either take the qualifying offer (worth over $1.4 million) or go to arbitration.

"gautier would want a lot of money and the rangers shouldn't spend it on him"
here son that is for u to read just for u , he wants alot of money damn he was offered 1.4 mill maybe arbitration will give him 2 maybe 2.3, thats alot of money for the rangers to spend, so for myaybe 2 mill a season is to much for a big tough guy who can help this defensless team, with no barny or simon and purrinton not a reg for that money would be great.. what did cullimore sign for, 2mill or was it 3 if it was three gauthier wont get tha much, cullimore to me is more valuable...

"the rangers are better off spending it on a player in the future"
like who????? another softee so nyr can get beat up all yaer... common i know u are smarter than what u appear to be with them ridiculous comments, the guy is only 27, to u thats old , you must be like 12 or 13, so why am i even bothering????

Old
07-29-2004, 10:47 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
ok and what do u think he will be asking for, obviousley another one of your ignorant/ im getting offended, stop picking on me comments, nothing new ( just please dont send me any more private messages to tell me stop picking on u )..... he will want maybe somewhere in the area of 2-2.5 maybe, to me it would be worth it, we have no toughness and once again u dont think, who does nyr have in the sense of toughness thats nhl ready????? purrinton , but i wouldnt make hima regular. with sturdwick helps out and with gauthier would be perfect we need the toughness for teams like philly and toronto etc.... u do know that right????? and idint i tell u what i consider a cup contender, or are u somewhat blind to my post, or shall i repeat it again for the disabled?????
All spelling errors have been replaced so others can try to decipher what you are saying.
OK and what do u think he will be asking for, obviously another one of your ignorant/IM getting offended, stop picking on me comments, nothing new (just please don't send me any more private messages to tell me stop picking on u )..... he will want maybe somewhere in the area of 2-2.5 maybe, to me it would be worth it, we have no toughness and once again u don't think, who does nyr have in the sense of toughness that's NHL ready????? purinton, but i wouldn't make him regular. With sturdwick helps out and with gauthier would be perfect we need the toughness for teams like philly and Toronto etc.... u do know that right????? and didn't I tell u what I consider a cup contender, or are u somewhat blind to my post, or shall I repeat it again for the disabled????

The rangers will not be competing with Toronto or Philly for a few years so why waste the money on a player that doesn't fill an immediate need. Perhaps you haven't heard but the rangers are rebuilding

you did say what you consider a cup contender but you did say the team that was the runner up for the stanley cup this past season wasn't a cup contender. :lol

Old
07-29-2004, 10:53 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

[QUOTE=little a from da bx]
Quote:
. gautier would want a lot of money and the rangers shouldn't spend it on him. the rangers are better off spending it on a player in the future.

CALGARY SUN: Todd Saelhof yesterday reported the agent for Flames defenceman Denis Gauthier has had little success with Flames GM Darryl Sutter attempting to get his client re-signed before his arbitration hearing slated for next month. Gilles Lupien said he only spoke to Sutter once regarding his client, a "two minute talk" where the Flames GM said Gauthier should either take the qualifying offer (worth over $1.4 million) or go to arbitration.

"gautier would want a lot of money and the rangers shouldn't spend it on him"
here son that is for u to read just for u , he wants alot of money damn he was offered 1.4 mill maybe arbitration will give him 2 maybe 2.3, thats alot of money for the rangers to spend, so for myaybe 2 mill a season is to much for a big tough guy who can help this defensless team, with no barny or simon and purrinton not a reg for that money would be great.. what did cullimore sign for, 2mill or was it 3 if it was three gauthier wont get tha much, cullimore to me is more valuable...

"the rangers are better off spending it on a player in the future"
like who????? another softee so nyr can get beat up all yaer... common i know u are smarter than what u appear to be with them ridiculous comments, the guy is only 27, to u thats old , you must be like 12 or 13, so why am i even bothering????
You are barely literate and you are questioning my age.

The Rangers don't need gautier its money that can be better spent to fill a more pressing need. (left wing second line center)

until the new cba is signed the rangers would be fools to sign anybody for 2 or 3 million a year.

Old
07-30-2004, 05:51 PM
little a from da bx

Quote:
You are barely literate and you are questioning my age.

The Rangers don't need gautier its money that can be better spent to fill a more pressing need. (left wing second line center)

until the new cba is signed the rangers would be fools to sign anybody for 2 or 3 million a year.
2 mill is nothing for a player that would be here to help give some protection for the young guys that are not tough. 2 mill wont kill , i dont know why u act like it is a 7 mill a season deal.. nyr salary is cut tremendously from last year and with the new cba , who knows what it will be . but i doubt it will be a cap of 31 mill, while there are plenty of poor teams that have more than 31 mill on there payroll

Old
07-30-2004, 05:53 PM
little a from da bx

[QUOTE=Son of SteinbrennerThe Rangers don't need gautier its money that can be better spent to fill a more pressing need. (left wing second line center)

QUOTE]
well think about it nyr isd not signing any big names most likely so anyone they do sign ,lets say novoseltsev or schastlivy will only cost only about 1.5 mill or so. so it is no big deal signing gauthie.

Closed Thread