HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jackets signed Alexandre Giroux

Old
07-04-2011, 04:26 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Whats with your hatred of Brassard/ wanting to trade him?
It is not for hate but:

1. We have enough centers without Giroux they are:
- Carter
- Brassard
- Vermette
- Johansen
- Pahlsson
- MacKenzie

2. Brassard should be the first line center but was not. We get Carter.
3. Vermette is better center than winger plus he is more ideal for the third line when Johanse will be able to play in the second line and IMO it will be still this season.
4. Brassard is a good article for getting a d-man what we need. Or maybe a creative winger what is, after Filatov and Voracek trades, our problem. Only Huselius and this is all.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 05:08 AM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
It is not for hate but:

- Carter
- Brassard
- Vermette
- Johansen
- Pahlsson
- MacKenzie

3. Vermette is better center than winger plus he is more ideal for the third line when Johanse will be able to play in the second line and IMO it will be still this season.
4. Brassard is a good article for getting a d-man what we need. Or maybe a creative winger what is, after Filatov and Voracek trades, our problem. Only Huselius and this is all.
Why dont we just let Johan develop in the W and possibly a year in the A. Vermette is a better wing than C by the way. Wing is his natural position. We can still use him on faceoffs and then he can switch to wing. Why don't we just trade a pick for a 5th defenseman on a rebuilding team and then we can roll with that.

CBJWennberg41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 07:14 AM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
It is not for hate but:

- Carter
- Brassard
- Vermette
- Johansen
- Pahlsson
- MacKenzie

Until Johansen is ready, and I mean really ready to pull big minuets on the second line we will not be trading Brassard. If there is a center to go it will probably be Pahlsson, and he's in his lst year anyway.

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 08:46 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Why dont we just let Johan develop in the W and possibly a year in the A. Vermette is a better wing than C by the way. Wing is his natural position. We can still use him on faceoffs and then he can switch to wing. Why don't we just trade a pick for a 5th defenseman on a rebuilding team and then we can roll with that.
IMO Vermette is better a center not a winger. His defensive and FO are ideal for it. Plus his tyle of play in the wing is what we have in the system. Johansen is an ideal center. Develop him as a center not a winger. If we want to play in PO Pahlsson is and ideal dor it plus he does not have so big value as Brassard. Or do yout thin thr teams would want Pahlsson for a d-man or Brassard. And if we want develop Moore, Savard or Goloubef we need still one d-man, if one of them will play in NHL so than I prefer natural winger not center on the wing.

Old
07-04-2011, 09:22 AM
blahblah

Quote:
if one of them will play in NHL so than I prefer natural winger not center on the wing.
I guess the concept of you can generally move a center to wing, as opposed to moving a wing to center is lost on you.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 09:32 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

The 2011 Kyle Wilson signing.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 10:54 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
i thought that too...

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 11:34 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
I guess the concept of you can generally move a center to wing, as opposed to moving a wing to center is lost on you.
No, but nor Brassard neither Vermette are better or similar good on the wing. Both them are better centers than wingers.

Old
07-04-2011, 11:43 AM
Monk

I thought Vermette played wing pretty well in Ottawa.

Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 11:47 AM
Iron Balls McGinty

The AHL salary is 325k. The 625k was a misprint

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 11:51 AM
blahblah

Quote:
No, but nor Brassard neither Vermette are better or similar good on the wing. Both them are better centers than wingers.
Yeah, we know that because of the vast amount of time that each has spent on wing in Columbus.

Old
07-04-2011, 12:36 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Yeah, we know that because of the vast amount of time that each has spent on wing in Columbus.
They can play wing but they are whorse wings than centers IMO. It is difference.

Old
07-04-2011, 12:55 PM
blahblah

Quote:
They can play wing but they are whorse wings than centers IMO. It is difference.
And you know that how? Brass hasn't played wing at the NHL level or even in the AHL that I am aware of.

Thanks for sharing.

The likelihood that one of them is going to play top six wing this year, at some point, is pretty high.

Old
07-04-2011, 01:07 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk View Post
I thought Vermette played wing pretty well in Ottawa.
He did okay. About like Umberger at center, really.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 01:08 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
And you know that how? Brass hasn't played wing at the NHL level or even in the AHL that I am aware of.

Thanks for sharing.

The likelihood that one of them is going to play top six wing this year, at some point, is pretty high.
Brass played at wing for a few shifts this year and didn't exactly fill me with confidence in doing so. That said, it could very well have been lack of practice.

I'm willing to give him a chance there, personally. Vermette's at least familiar with the wing, even if it's not where he does his best work, so it's not as though we're locked into such a path.

Old
07-04-2011, 02:02 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:

Thanks for sharing.

Brassard played wing. Under Hitch some games I saw him. But Brassard strong side is his playmaking and his play, except FO what is bad, is better for a center. Yes, wings are playmakers too but his play is for a center. I would wish him the team where he could show his qualities on this post. We will prefer Johansen now and not Brass. Plus we can get d-man so maybe Brass will be in the trade for him because among UFA d-men is not now what we need.

I do not any reason to hate him I never hate any of our player. He is not my favourite he does not belong to players whom I like more he is neutral for me. Besides I did not see on my preferences when I look at the team. The team is over all.

Old
07-04-2011, 02:18 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

So, Alex Giroux, huh?

Old
07-04-2011, 02:30 PM
Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
So, Alex Giroux, huh?
I think you're in the wrong thread.

Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 02:40 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
So, Alex Giroux, huh?
Springfield is going to be absolutely badass next year. Blueline getting more experienced, Sanford in net, one or both of Kubalik and/or Atkinson in there and Giroux racking up the points... dayum. Is the Calder Cup a possibility, or is the depth not there yet?

Old
07-04-2011, 02:53 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Springfield is going to be absolutely badass next year. Blueline getting more experienced, Sanford in net, one or both of Kubalik and/or Atkinson in there and Giroux racking up the points... dayum. Is the Calder Cup a possibility, or is the depth not there yet?

A winning record would be a good start.

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 03:43 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Considering Syracuse's recent spat with Anaheim, I wonder if Lindsay Kramer is choking?

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 05:23 PM
FlaggerX

The point of this is two things 1) Giroux comes to camp and really shows us he's right when he said he didn't have a shot or 2) The Jackets want to get Springfield on a winning track, so the players in our system get used to being winners. Last year the Falcons were poor offensively. Giroux certainly brings much to solve that problem, much as Carter/Wisniewski are expected to help our offensive drought.

As far as centers go Vermette, Carter and Pahlsson are good at face-offs, Brass is mediocre. Faceoffs are big part of a center's job, so that matters but many possessions don't begin with a face-off they begin with a board battle, a dump in, or turnover. Brass is better then any of the above at distributing the puck. Plus his faceoffs were improving. If Vermette was such a great center, why was he playing wing back in Edmonton? He's a good center a solid choice, but he can play wing with little adjustment. Umberger is a wing, who can play center in a pinch. MacKenzie is a plus 4th line center, who can also play wing when needed. Johansen is a rare talent who has yet to play a single NHL game. Good as he looks, he's not going to start in the top six unless he amazes people in camp. Boone Jenner is going back to camp to work on his game, particularly skating.

I can see Brass playing Center between Carter and Nash, but with Carter taking many faceoffs, but the two of them changing "positions" while moving the puck, after all hockey is nothing if not a fluid game. I can see Carter playing center with Huse, who's also a pretty good passer but without prentensions of ability playing center.

I can also see Vermette as our third line center after Pahlsson, which would definitely upgrade that line offensively. If Johansen makes the team I see him possibly on the 4th line, with say Cam Atkinson and Mackenzie or Boll (if size/toughness is required) as our desired third scoring line. That would put Johansen in a place to gain confidence and experience without dropping him into the deep end right off. We've had a shortage of centers for years. If we now have a decent supply, good.

FlaggerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 05:41 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
i thought that too...
I said it on page one

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoChiefsGo View Post
I said it on page one
ok...i thought that three!

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Kutter

I like the Giroux pick up. Will help Springfield and he may get a look with the CBJ if he lights things up in the preseason. In fact, it's going to be a really interesting preseason this year with a lot of competition for guys trying to make the club. While the Dispatch suggest Boll and Dorsett are pencilled in already, I wouldn't be so sure. There is some goal scoring talent looking to find a way into the lineup.

As for Brassard, we finally are in a position where we actually have some depth. While Carter has been pretty durable during the regular seasons, there is always the risk he could get hurt. Brassard would be able to slot in on the top line if needed and a Carter-Brassard-Nash frontline on the PP may work well too.

Things are looking up in Jackets land.

Kutter is offline   Reply With Quote