HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dubinsky to Vancouver

Old
07-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice8eight View Post
Saying it would take a Kesler to pry Dubinsky out of NYR is just laughable.

Really? Kesler is what it takes to get Dubinsky?
Dubinsky + for Kesler is what some people suggested. I wouldn't trade him to Vancouver for anything less than Kesler, personally. Why the **** would anybody? Dubinsky+ for Kesler was illustrated to show you Nucks fans what you're proposing with us for Dubinsky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
Not so sure about that. Stepan probably is now, but Hodgson's ceiling is higher. And Anisimov is crazy overrated and I think CoHo is better than him right now.
Furthermore, there is nothing meh about a 1st round pick in any situation. Of course the 29th pick is worth less than one in the top 10, but a first is valuable.
Doesn't matter how much higher Hodgson's upside might be. Fact is his value isn't that great here because of the depth we have at that position. We wouldn't trade either Stepan nor Anisimov straight up for Hodgson. We wouldn't swap out Dubinsky for Raymond either.

If you don't like it, enough with these dumb proposals that ultimately don't improve the Rangers.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 04:01 PM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice8eight View Post
Saying it would take a Kesler to pry Dubinsky out of NYR is just laughable.

41g (tied for 4th)
57% in FO
Selke winner
Shuts down top offensive players
Bargain contract at 5m per.

Really? Kesler is what it takes to get Dubinsky?
Then who else do the Rangers trade Dubinsky for on the Canucks? The Rangers won't trade him for prospects, and Vancouver won't trade a better player for him.

Contender trading with contender, no matter how SC ready they are, hardly ever match well. Now if one team was rebuilding, it would make sense. The Rangers are an up and coming contender, they have the prospects, the defense, the goalie and the center, they just need a year or two to develop guys like Stepan, Anisimov, Sauer, McDonagh, etc, otherwise, the Rangers are not rebuilding and have no reason to delay the process.

If Vancouver is so concerned about getting a gritty powerforward type, then look for one on a rebuilding team, not another contender.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Al Swearengen
Smug Nation National

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
Then who else do the Rangers trade Dubinsky for on the Canucks? The Rangers won't trade him for prospects, and Vancouver won't trade a better player for him.

Contender trading with contender, no matter how SC ready they are, hardly ever match well. Now if one team was rebuilding, it would make sense. The Rangers are an up and coming contender, they have the prospects, the defense, the goalie and the center, they just need a year or two to develop guys like Stepan, Anisimov, Sauer, McDonagh, etc, otherwise, the Rangers are not rebuilding and have no reason to delay the process.

If Vancouver is so concerned about getting a gritty powerforward type, then look for one on a rebuilding team, not another contender.
We'll talk about contender status when you've resigned Dubi and Callahan.

Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 04:06 PM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:
And the Rangers will. They aren't getting traded whether you like it or not.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Al Swearengen
Smug Nation National

Quote:
And the Rangers will. They aren't getting traded whether you like it or not.
It'd be great to get one of them but I'm not unhappy either way. In any case, we'll see.

Old
07-04-2011, 04:08 PM
ice8eight

Quote:

I only replied due to the fact that some people here on this thread thinks its Kesler that must be traded to get Dubinsky. He is a great player but not at the cost of Kesler. I'd understand if they are asking for Edler or ++.

On a side note, I think the Rangers are a player or 2 away from being a SC contender. Richards is a great upgrade but not fully convinced they can do it. IMO

ice8eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 04:10 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo123 View Post
Just trying to gauge his appropriate value. I understand that new york can resign all their rfa's to reasonable contracts.

Would something like: Raymond+Samuelsson+Hodgson+2nd get it done?

Or is it too little or too much?
Why?

Raymond and Samuelsson have both as many points a season as Dubinsky... Raymond 92 points last 2 years, Samuelsson 103... Dubinsky 98.

lol @ Kesler for Dubinsky. Too funny. Kesler 148 points, +25, Selkr Trophy and nomination last 2 seasons. Nice try Rangers fans.

LickTheEnvelope is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 04:11 PM
BayAreaSniper89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
id be ashamed to have any Sedin as a Ranger i wouldnt trade Dubinsky for Sedin straight up, i dont want a player to just stand there to take a punch and not stick up for himself...at least Dubinsky fights back and goes after players like Crosby and Ovechkin
hahahahaha sedins are soft i remember two years ago joe was just punking henrik and he didn't do anything haha joe knocked his helmet off then everytime sedin tried to grab it joe slapped it away with his stick hahaha Dubi is way sicker than sedin IMO

BayAreaSniper89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 04:18 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Which they will, because they want to sign them and can afford to sign them.

Old
07-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Al Swearengen
Smug Nation National

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Which they will, because they want to sign them and can afford to sign them.
Like I said before, we'll see. And even then, we'll see if you're contending from next April on.

Old
07-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Why?

Raymond and Samuelsson have both as many points a season as Dubinsky... Raymond 92 points last 2 years, Samuelsson 103... Dubinsky 98.

lol @ Kesler for Dubinsky. Too funny. Kesler 148 points, +25, Selkr Trophy and nomination last 2 seasons. Nice try Rangers fans.
Dubinsky's game is a lot more than offensive production. And nobody even 'thinks' that the Rangers would be able to swap Brandon for Kesler.

Are you people capable of reading?

Old
07-04-2011, 04:22 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Yeah. I think there I'd nothing to see here folks. This rumor was started by Eklund if I'm not mistaken.

ItsAllPartOfThePlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 04:23 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Like I said before, we'll see. And even then, we'll see if you're contending from next April on.
No reason why they shouldn't be competing next April. But even if they aren't, what point are you trying to make?

Old
07-04-2011, 04:31 PM
Al Swearengen
Smug Nation National

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
No reason why they shouldn't be competing next April. But even if they aren't, what point are you trying to make?
You're the one who said the proposals were "dumb" and a previous poster, DatsyukSOgoal, said that the Rangers were contenders. I disagree with the first assertion and am saying we'll see on the second.

Old
07-04-2011, 04:51 PM
Sonny Lamateena

vCash: 50
Kesler is an awesome player and Dubinsky's development has been very similar. The Rangers should hang on to him and hopefully the trend continues.

Age 22
Kesler
82 10 13 23 Pts 136 Hits 46.8 FO%
Dubinsky
82 14 26 40 Pts 196 Hits 51.5FO%

Age 23
Kesler
48 6 10 16 Pts 57 Hits 46.1 FO%
Dubinsky
82 13 28 41 Pts 251 Hits 53.6 FO%

Age 24
Kesler
80 21 16 37 Pts 78 Hits 54% FO%
Dubinsky
69 20 24 44 Pts 129 Hits 51.4 FO%

Age 25
Kesler
82 26 33 59 Pts 72 Hits 54.0 FO%
Dubinsky
77 24 30 54 Pts 141Hits 52.5 FO%

Playoff Production at age 25
Kesler
11 2 2 4 Pts
Dubinsky
22 7 8 15 Pts

Sonny Lamateena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 04:52 PM
Hottubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Why?

Raymond is atrocious. He has zero hockey sense, zero grit and zero intangibles. I actually take that back. He is excellent at flipping pucks into the corner and not wanting to retrieve it. He gets his points through Kesler and also via the second unti pp. He's fast, thats it.

Samuelsson is streaky. He has a bullet, but he is in no way an upgrade over Dubi. Plus he is 35 and an UFA at the end of the year.

Hodgson is no where close to Stepan or Ani at this stage in his career. He's slow and has yet to show anything close to his WJ days.

Dubi hits, will fight, drives the net hard, can put some pucks in the net, can pk and is a core member of the Rags. He isn't great but he is by far our best LW'er and in exchange for him, you want to give us the above?

And you wonder why NYR fans counter with wanting Kesler back? Stop offering us your crap for a decent player. Now excuse me, I need to have a margarita while relaxing in the tub.

Hottubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
id be ashamed to have any Sedin as a Ranger i wouldnt trade Dubinsky for Sedin straight up, i dont want a player to just stand there to take a punch and not stick up for himself...at least Dubinsky fights back and goes after players like Crosby and Ovechkin
^ Hilarious - if the Sedins don't fight back they're soft, if they fight back they lose their cool easily

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 06:20 PM
jammyrft

Over the last 3 NHL seasons dub has only scored 6 more goals than raymond. Considering Raymond makes 2.5 his value isn't too far off from dub's

jammyrft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 06:35 PM
ronaldo123

thank you^

ronaldo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 06:39 PM
ronaldo123

People should realize that Raymond is a left winger and samuelsson can play either side. I'm also sure that Hodgson can easily be turned into a winger. SO the rangers are actually getting a few wingers and a 2nd round pick in a deep draft.Also Raymond's and Dubinsky's value aren't that far off. The Canucks also add a top 6 soon to be ufa forward, a top notch prospect and a 2nd round pick in a deep draft. There is no way that the rangers get kesler for dubinsky.

ronaldo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 08:14 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo123 View Post
People should realize that Raymond is a left winger and samuelsson can play either side. I'm also sure that Hodgson can easily be turned into a winger. SO the rangers are actually getting a few wingers and a 2nd round pick in a deep draft.Also Raymond's and Dubinsky's value aren't that far off. The Canucks also add a top 6 soon to be ufa forward, a top notch prospect and a 2nd round pick in a deep draft. There is no way that the rangers get kesler for dubinsky.
It doesn't matter. There are actually quite a few players on the Rangers that I would like to make the roster, but won't because we have too many - depth is our strength. It doesn't matter that those two are slight downgrades; the deal doesn't make sense from a rangers point of view because we realistically, one of those two will be a healthy scratch and the other will downgrade Dubinsky. Try trading to a team that needs depth. I might do a trade for Edler, though.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote