HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cody Franson: All things Cody....

Old
07-04-2011, 11:20 PM
Leaf Army

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
It doesn't matter if Nashville dumped their number 7th Dman ... So did we. Lebda is not even good enough to play in Nashvilles AHL team, whereas Franson is at least a top 5 on our team... He's still young and can become better.

3.5 million is nothing for us so it also gives us an advantage.

Franson >>>>> Lebda
Lombardi >>>>>> Slaney (even if Lombardi is injured)
You don't have to convince me that we made a great trade. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I'm just saying let's not get carried away. Franson is somewhere between our 5th-7th defenceman and might remain that way.

I don't think Poile made a good trade but he's not an idiot. He didn't give us the second coming of Pronger for free.

Leaf Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 11:59 PM
Kulebeans

Hate to say it but i think gunnar will get sat quite a bit, maybe even franson but that might be a stretch. IMO komi will not see the bench that often, even if it is what should happen

Kulebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 12:01 AM
Edgeworth*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Army View Post
You don't have to convince me that we made a great trade. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I'm just saying let's not get carried away. Franson is somewhere between our 5th-7th defenceman and might remain that way.

I don't think Poile made a good trade but he's not an idiot. He didn't give us the second coming of Pronger for free.
I think what people forget is that the major thing holding the kid back is skating and for what it's worth, skating isn't something that you're born with.

Franson is still young there's still every chance in the world for this kid to go and join up with Boyle or someone to work on his skating in the offseason. He seems to have good defensive sense along with great offensive skills just lacks will to hit/skate hard.

Edgeworth* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 12:05 AM
capfit9

I envision Franson as a right handed Coburn.

capfit9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 12:06 AM
Liminality

I've had a huge man crush on Cody for a long time, I love his potential.
Can't wait to see him play this year!

Is it wrong of me to think of him like a Tyler Myers lite?
Him and Schenn can be the two new towers of defense like Schenn and Myers were in the WHL. Makes me very happy.

Must hold back....expectations....

Liminality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 06:18 AM
Beaninfritz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLKesselftw View Post
One thing that has be thinking is with this acquisition of Franson it seems to spell the end for Komisarek? Most of us agree on this, but the other thing is..... We will have dropped nearly another 4m in capspace ... No way Burke leaves soooo much capspace untouched does he? Think he will try to do some more salary dump + good prospect/player or will he try to aquire an over-priced good player like lecavalier? ... I'm thinking something has to be done... Oh I'm so excited now
Lecavalier? Nooooo way! Nuh uh! No sir! Pass on that!
First off, he's still making 7.7 mil per season for the next 8 seasons. Secondly, he's not worth that much money. Thirdly, he has a no movement clause. Tampa is stuck with that nasty contract for a very long time.

Beaninfritz is offline   Reply With Quote