HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Weber signed to a multi-year deal (2 years, $1.9m)

Old
07-04-2011, 07:19 PM
jlr
\m/o.o\m/

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
I'd think Grags will follow soon after. I think the Enroth situation could drag a bit, though. The Sabres likely want him to sign his QO ($709,250), while Enroth and his agent likely want a multi-year deal in the Corey Schneider range ($900k). It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.
If he's going to be backing up Miller, $900k for a couple years is still far better than the backup situation the previous few years. Get it done, Darcy.

Hell, maybe we can land a 1st and 2nd round pick for him in a couple years?

jlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 07:45 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 2635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
I'd think Grags will follow soon after. I think the Enroth situation could drag a bit, though. The Sabres likely want him to sign his QO ($709,250), while Enroth and his agent likely want a multi-year deal in the Corey Schneider range ($900k). It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.
Enroth is waiver exempt for another year or until he dresses for 80 NHL games. He's only 23 years old. Schneider is 25 and has to clear waivers. I think Enroth is looking at a 1 year, 2-way contract before he can get a Schneider-type contract.

Buffaloed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 08:19 PM
mechaphil

Send a message via AIM to mechaphil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
I think he already is - he just lacks some polish and experience, which a full season and some tutoring from Regehr will do wonders for.
Tunnel Of Death Jr? Hell yes.

mechaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 08:40 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaloed View Post
Enroth is waiver exempt for another year or until he dresses for 80 NHL games. He's only 23 years old. Schneider is 25 and has to clear waivers. I think Enroth is looking at a 1 year, 2-way contract before he can get a Schneider-type contract.
I could see Enroth accepting his QO, thus positioning himself for arbitration next season. He doesn't have much leverage, and he knows that.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 01:36 AM
Ted Black

I am estatic about this "small time" deal. I've loved this guy since I first saw him out on the ice. He's not intimidated by anyone and ALWAYS goes to bat for his teammates, especially Ryan Miller. Best of luck to him. (Please take it easy on the passes up the middle and through the crease in your own zone bro :rofl: )

Ted Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 09:37 AM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
I could see Enroth accepting his QO, thus positioning himself for arbitration next season. He doesn't have much leverage, and he knows that.
My thoughts exactly. If he gets ~18 starts this year and has a good record and stats, he'll be positioned for an arbitration award that's more than we'd like. Thus he can get that longer-term contract instead.

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote