HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

How many of you used to post on the old washcaps.com board?

Old
07-12-2011, 08:04 AM
BobRouse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksavedave View Post
Tobmello and I had some epic debates about the value of Calle Johanson, among other things I always thought he was a complete ******, until I met him in person and realized he was just like me
haha too funny! Yeah I remember he was always in the middle of the debates and I remember you too from there.

TBM, in fact, was posting on Bumpers boards fairly regularly a couple years ago for a while then dissappeared.

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 08:05 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

Get a room.

strungout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 11:22 AM
bigeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post
EXiled with Tinner...
Tinner - WOW - Blast from the past -

I found the OB after they had gone to heck = Remember reading talk of when they were good on here

bigeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 02:10 PM
IafrateOvie34

I recognize a lot of former ESPN board members on here and I remember Tobmello real well. He had a lot of good prospect info and lots of good points, especially about not playing the young players then. He sure hated Ron Wilson with a passion as did a lot of us. I can only imagine what he would say about BB, lol. He quit posting when Jagr was traded to Washington. I particularly remember Mr Edwards, Atoms, Capsgirl, and I don't remember her username but she was a Simon fan. Nice to find a good forum about Caps hockey again. I particularly like this forum here and so far like the Bumper forums. I was Caps92 on the ESPN site then.

IafrateOvie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 09:42 AM
Chokingdogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
haha too funny! Yeah I remember he was always in the middle of the debates and I remember you too from there.

TBM, in fact, was posting on Bumpers boards fairly regularly a couple years ago for a while then dissappeared.
he was? i dont recall that. last i remember him was caps boards, pre-meltdown, posting under "chokingdogsgirl". i cannot believe it took me about a month to figure it out. he eventually flamed one too many people and got the boot.

we used to keep in touch via email every so often, but havent now in years.

Chokingdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 09:45 AM
Chokingdogs

Quote:
Haha, I may have had too many beers also, but Tomppa stayed with me in Sterling and played a little bass, I thought he was Geddy Lee!

See how many faces you can recognize?
LOL

who is that clown, with black 3rd/road sweater, with the goofy flavor saver?

Chokingdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 11:08 AM
IafrateOvie34

I remember you Chokingdogs, you used to have all those fight videos and if I recall, was a Kaminski fan.

IafrateOvie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:05 PM
BTCG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomppav View Post
Hey, it WAS unbelieveable stop!
You remember that, eh? That was also the game where Kono got into it with Peca.

Quote:
That week is still one of the best ones in my whole life. Still owe you guys a lot!
Bro, you owe us nothing. The week you came, I was still living in Detroit. I came a long way to meet you, too. Terry says hi, and if you want to come again, I can pick you up at the airport, and you can stay with us. Even have an extra SUV you can use while you're here. Bring the wife too.

Quote:
I must have drunk too many beers if I have said that
Got a studio next to my office here in the basement, and 2 bass amps and a Music Man bass. You don't even need to bring an axe.

We'd all love to see you again bro!

BTCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:07 PM
BTCG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
I eventually got back on towards the end there and then they shut it down to conform to the new NHL board format or whatever. I was too lazy to make another profile and just hopped over the Bumpers boards and will go back and forth between here and there but haven't been there in a while.

I def remember you there too bro. There were some pretty heated arguments there and I would always just hook up the popcorn and kick back to watch everyone verbally assault each other like no tomorrow. that was fun.

I really liked that real bitter dude (he had dino in his name somewhere) who even posted on the WashCaps boards after for a bit. I respect anyone who is extremelly bitter.
I'm in 413, seat 5-8. Come by and I'll buy the beer.

Old
07-14-2011, 12:17 PM
BTCG

Quote:
Haha, I may have had too many beers also, but Tomppa stayed with me in Sterling and played a little bass, I thought he was Geddy Lee!

I still remember touring the Caps locker room after a game, got a bunch of pictures from that meet up before the game too. See how many faces you can recognize?

BTW, Tomppa, I'm in Southern California now, if you ever wanna come visit again
Dave,

I realize you have family here, but like Tommpa, you don't need an invitation either. If something happened and you needed a ride and/or a place to stay, you've got it. My e-mail is the same, even after all these years.

Old
07-14-2011, 12:22 PM
BTCG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chokingdogs View Post
he was? i dont recall that. last i remember him was caps boards, pre-meltdown, posting under "chokingdogsgirl". i cannot believe it took me about a month to figure it out. he eventually flamed one too many people and got the boot.

we used to keep in touch via email every so often, but havent now in years.
Hope the marriage is doin well Dogs. Been about, what, 3 years since we last saw you. Remember, you were in a beer line.

Don't know if you still live here, but you too, are another that needs no invite.

The Discovery Crew folk were/are all wonderful folk, and we had great times together.

Old
07-14-2011, 01:26 PM
tim

vCash: 50
I got into my fair share of quarrels there.

tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 01:20 PM
BTCG

So, yesterday was my birthday, and as is there custom, I heard from Mscapsfan, Catwoman, and Christy on Facebook. They always wish me a happy birthday. Reminded me of the old days on the original Cap's message board, Talk central, on the Washington Post.

I see the CStanton screen name being used currently on the comments part of the Washington Post, but I have my doubts as to whethere or not it's really him. The Stanton I remember was much more knowledgeable about hockey, but perhaps he's just reigning it in these days. Who knows?

Anyways, thought about a lot of you yesterday. It's a shame that there isn't a board like the old WP or ESPN board. There were so many knowledable posters then, and it's a shame that hockey talk has disintegrated into the silliness we currently see these days. Oh well!

Old
08-25-2011, 02:52 PM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCG View Post
I'm in 413, seat 5-8. Come by and I'll buy the beer.
I'm gonna take you up on that offer when I get up there for a game this year!! It was easier when I lived in Fairfax.

Choke,

Yep TBM was definitely there. Thru the entire 2007-2008 year and the playoff run vs Flyers. He was a favorite and think he jumped to Bumpers boards for a short while then vanished.

Bigeasy,

I've toned it down since my beligerant days! I just find smoother ways of getting under people's skins now! ha

Strung,

Why you gotta always hate??? All we are doing is remembering those glory days of unadultered flaming and rampant internet name calling.

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 02:58 PM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

vCash: 50
Do we have a season ticket holder/game meetup/verizon beer party thread?

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote