HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buf - Bos

Old
07-04-2011, 03:24 PM
Evgeni Giroux

vCash: 500
Buf - Bos

To Buffalo:

Zack Hamill

To Boston;

TJ Brennen

Buffalo does this because the need some good centre prospects, Boston does this because Brennen is a good offensive d-man who see this ice very well. Buf has a logjam of d- prospects and boston has a logjam of foward prospects

thoughts?

Evgeni Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 03:32 PM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972sabres View Post
To Buffalo:

Zack Hamill

To Boston;

TJ Brennen

Buffalo does this because the need some good centre prospects, Boston does this because Brennen is a good offensive d-man who see this ice very well. Buf has a logjam of d- prospects and boston has a logjam of foward prospects

thoughts?
I don't think Buffalo would do this, but from a Boston point of view I'd take it. I think Hamil might be able to play in the NHL, but it won't be in the Bruins organization

JoeIsAStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Evgeni Giroux

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeIsAStud View Post
I don't think Buffalo would do this, but from a Boston point of view I'd take it. I think Hamil might be able to play in the NHL, but it won't be in the Bruins organization
You might be right. I just look at his stats and he only have 9 goals in 68games. has he regressed quite a bit?

Old
07-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Gator Mike

Actually, the Bruins have a bit of a logjam at defense in Providence at the moment:

Nathan McIver
Colby Cohen
Matt Bartkowski
Yuri Alexandrov
Ryan Button
David Warsofsky

...and I think I'm forgetting someone.

Gator Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 03:40 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

Done.

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 03:47 PM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Mike View Post
Actually, the Bruins have a bit of a logjam at defense in Providence at the moment:

Nathan McIver
Colby Cohen
Matt Bartkowski
Yuri Alexandrov
Ryan Button
David Warsofsky

The Bruins do have a logjam at Providence, but certainly it looks like Brennan is a guy who is more NHL ready than anyone on that Providence roster with 2 full AHL seasons behind him including a very successful one this past year.

In terms of Hamil. He may have regressed or at least stagnated. Of course the situation is Providence last year was absolutely miserable. Just a poorly assembled team, etc. Joe Colborne was dealt after his value in the organization had dropped quickly playing in that mess.

Obviously this would depend on what Scouts view on Hamil is. Is he a guy trapped in a bad situation in an organiation that is a bad fit, Or is he simply just not a good enough player.

Old
07-04-2011, 03:51 PM
Evgeni Giroux

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeIsAStud View Post
The Bruins do have a logjam at Providence, but certainly it looks like Brennan is a guy who is more NHL ready than anyone on that Providence roster with 2 full AHL seasons behind him including a very successful one this past year.

In terms of Hamil. He may have regressed or at least stagnated. Of course the situation is Providence last year was absolutely miserable. Just a poorly assembled team, etc. Joe Colborne was dealt after his value in the organization had dropped quickly playing in that mess.

Obviously this would depend on what Scouts view on Hamil is. Is he a guy trapped in a bad situation in an organiation that is a bad fit, Or is he simply just not a good enough player.
do you think a 3rd would be enough to fetch hamill? I have a feeling that he is a good player who needs a fresh start

Old
07-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:

Nathan McIver
Colby Cohen
Matt Bartkowski
Yuri Alexandrov
Ryan Button
David Warsofsky

Andrew Bodnarchuk
Marc Cantin
Alain Goulet
Steven Kampfer (may make it in Boston)

Brennan could be a nice addition and the proposal for Hamill is fair. But, as you say, they have a lot of similar defensemen.

Providence is thin at forward and will have to add bodies to complete the roster. It's more likely they will trade defensemen for forwards.

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 04:08 PM
ct2111

Quote:

thoughts?
They have a lot of D prospects, but that doesn't mean trading him for any center prospect is the solution. I wouldn't do it.

D prospects I'd hang on to unless it's for a similar prospect or in a package for a better player: Pysyk, McNabb, Schiestel, Brennan, Gragnani and JGL. Everyone else should be had for picks.

Last edited by ct2111: 07-04-2011 at 04:26 PM.
ct2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 04:13 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgn View Post
They have a lot of D prospects, but that doesn't mean trading him for any center prospect is the solution. I wouldn't do it.
yaaaa.. So how about scratch that and Dennis Persson (Rights) for Hamil ??

JOHNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 04:24 PM
Duddy
Everyday is

With the lack of Centers on the Sabres, I'd take a flyer on Hamill.

picks? prospects? Shaone Morrisonn (come on every team needs a guy named Shaone.)

Duddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 04:30 PM
Mama Shinkaruk
For Mom of the Year

vCash: 50
Wow, a realistic trade proposal on HFBoards?

Mama Shinkaruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 04:30 PM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
do you think a 3rd would be enough to fetch hamill? I have a feeling that he is a good player who needs a fresh start
It's not unfair. Not sure if the Bruins would do it, in theory Hamill is one of their depth forwards for the NHL team, and there isn't much else down at Providence at Center.

I guess Boston still would have Arniel, and Trent Whitfield as potential callups; although Whitfield's main role is to Captain the P-Bruins

Old
07-04-2011, 04:31 PM
BearForceOne

Quote:

Nathan McIver
Colby Cohen
Matt Bartkowski
Yuri Alexandrov
Ryan Button
David Warsofsky

Think you are missing Dougie Hamilton...probably the head of class for Bruins D Prospects. I know he's not is Providence, but still worth the mention.

BearForceOne is offline   Reply With Quote