HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sens Board Prospect Rankings (4th)

View Poll Results: Vote for our #4 prospect.
Mika Zibanejad 76 42.70%
Jakob Silfverberg 23 12.92%
Nikita Filatov 68 38.20%
Matthew Puempel 1 0.56%
Stefan Noesen 0 0%
Bobby Butler 7 3.93%
Patrick Wiercioch 0 0%
Stephane Da Costa 1 0.56%
Mark Borowiecki 2 1.12%
Shane Prince 0 0%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-04-2011, 07:30 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPhoenixM View Post
I've been voting Tovie since the start. Still think he's the best prospect we've got.
What's a Tovie?

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Hale The Villain

People should not be voting Filatov over Zibanejad

One was just selected 6th overall
The other was just traded for the 66th overall pick

I'd take Silfverberg over Filatov at this point as well.

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 07:44 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post

One was selected 6th overall in a better draft, and with the russian factor. He also has about 10x the potential skill.

Curtinho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 07:45 PM
SensAreReligion
GT- CxC Senator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
What's a Tovie?
ask CPM

SensAreReligion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 07:50 PM
Fenix Rises 2026
Alfie forever!

Quote:

Exactly. In my Mind Zibanejad is currently our #2 prospect by a fair margin.

#6 overall >> 6th overall from 3 years ago who hasn't established himself in the NHL yet

#6 overall >> 9th overall from 2 years ago who hasn't established himself in the NHL yet

#6 overall >> goalie who rocked the AHL playoffs, but couldn't win the starter role during the regular season (Goalies are also very inconsistent and hard to project).

Fenix Rises 2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 07:50 PM
Iamok
#Panic

Filatov may have more potential, but he is much less likely to reach it than Zibanejad. If you told me I could only keep one, I'd take MZ every single time. It's really an easy choice personally.

Iamok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 07:51 PM
Dick Whitman

Quote:

One was selected 6th overall in a better draft, and with the russian factor. He also has about 10x the potential skill.
10x the potential skill? Based on a tournament 3 years ago. He hasn't progressed properly over the last 3 years hence why he has been traded for a 3rd rounder. His development has stagnated and he's less likely to boom than an 18 year old top prospect is.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 07:53 PM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

How impressive would it be to have Filatov as our 5th best prospect.

Z-Bag for this one.

The Waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 07:58 PM
Smeddy
Intangibles

And by dragon ball z I mean Zibby.

Has anyone else noticed how much he says "ya for sure."?

Smeddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 08:01 PM
hockeyalltheway
Let's win it all -MR

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Waffler View Post
How impressive would it be to have Filatov as our 5th best prospect.

Z-Bag for this one.
Oh god, don't let Z-Bag catch on. That was an old manager's nickname. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean9 View Post
And by dragon ball z I mean Zibby.

Has anyone else noticed how much he says "ya for sure."?
Yeah, for sure.

hockeyalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 08:04 PM
Hale The Villain

Quote:

He hasn't progressed as expected since 2008, that's why we got him for such low value. Don't pretend we traded for 08 Filatov.

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 08:12 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuba Troopa View Post

#6 overall >> 6th overall from 3 years ago who hasn't established himself in the NHL yet

#6 overall >> 9th overall from 2 years ago who hasn't established himself in the NHL yet

#6 overall >> goalie who rocked the AHL playoffs, but couldn't win the starter role during the regular season (Goalies are also very inconsistent and hard to project).
Is this post sarcastic? I'm being serious.

Last edited by ReginKarlssonLehner: 07-04-2011 at 08:17 PM.
ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 08:17 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Whitman View Post
10x the potential skill? Based on a tournament 3 years ago. He hasn't progressed properly over the last 3 years hence why he has been traded for a 3rd rounder. His development has stagnated and he's less likely to boom than an 18 year old top prospect is.
Quote:
He hasn't progressed as expected since 2008, that's why we got him for such low value. Don't pretend we traded for 08 Filatov.
Except he struggled in his second year so he went back to the KHL for more development and was nearly a PPG in the 2nd best league in the world. He was a PPG in the AHL and .5 GPG in the NHL in his first post-draft year. Really, last year was his only really disappointing year and it could be explained by personal issues with coaches and the system (not to mention not getting ice-time) and injury.

We traded for someone that was having issues with management and Columbus in general who requested a trade. The potential is definitely still there and very evident. Is Zibanejad safer? Most definitely, but the ceiling and star potential with Filatov is much higher. Filatov may never amount to anything in the NHL but he still has the most potential.

Old
07-04-2011, 08:25 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

Quote:
Except he struggled in his second year so he went back to the KHL for more development and was nearly a PPG in the 2nd best league in the world. He was a PPG in the AHL and .5 GPG in the NHL in his first post-draft year. Really, last year was his only really disappointing year and it could be explained by personal issues with coaches and the system (not to mention not getting ice-time) and injury.

We traded for someone that was having issues with management and Columbus in general who requested a trade. The potential is definitely still there and very evident.
I'm glad you mentioned that. The KHL is a tough league and even though it isn't the NHL, racking up a PPG is amazing for a guy his age it actually proves his spectacular skill and that he actually is getting better and hasn't degressed. Tarasenko, a highly-talented Russian prospect(Could have been top 5 if not Russian) for example, recorded 19 points in 42 games last year in the KHL at the age of 18 Filatov recorded 22 in 26 at the age of 19.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Fenix Rises 2026
Alfie forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Is this post sarcastic? I'm being serious.
I'm 100% cereal.

Old
07-04-2011, 08:33 PM
BK201

i voted silfverberg i feel he could be on the team this year and is for sure one of our top 5 prospects right now more than Zibanejad.

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Fenix Rises 2026
Alfie forever!

Quote:
Wow. So much wrong with this.

1) His 0.5 NHL GPG was based on 8 whole games. (he has 9 goals in 44 games total - on pace for 24 points in a full season).
2) His PPG in the KHL were decent. Jeff Platt decent.
3) He was not a PPG player in the AHL. You seem to have just made that part up entirely.

You may want to check out this website. It will help you in future posts. www.hockeydb.com

Old
07-04-2011, 08:47 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:
Wow. So much wrong with this.

1) His 0.5 NHL GPG was based on 8 whole games. (he has 9 goals in 44 games total - on pace for 24 points in a full season).
2) His PPG in the KHL were decent. Jeff Platt decent.
3) He was not a PPG player in the AHL. You seem to have just made that part up entirely.

You may want to check out this website. It will help you in future posts. www.hockeydb.com
1) So he wasn't .5 GPG in the NHL in his first season post-draft? I guess that was wrong.
2) Ok? I don't get what is wrong with this. As a 19 year old who was having significant issues with the Columbus system and management that's still fairly impressive.
3) You're right. He was 16g 32 pts in 39 games. Fairly close I guess, but not quite PPG. I made it up, sorry.

You were 1/3. Maybe there's something wrong with your ability to read or comprehend.

Old
07-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Fenix Rises 2026
Alfie forever!

Quote:
1) So he wasn't .5 GPG in the NHL in his first season post-draft? I guess that was wrong.
2) Ok? I don't get what is wrong with this. As a 19 year old who was having significant issues with the Columbus system and management that's still fairly impressive.
3) You're right. He was 16g 32 pts in 39 games. Fairly close I guess, but not quite PPG. I made it up, sorry.

You were 1/3. Maybe there's something wrong with your ability to read or comprehend.
You don't need to sell me on Filly, guy is one of my favourite prospects, but those numbers you're throwing around are pretty ridiculous stretches. Guy has only played a half season in the NHL, and it's like you're trying to compare him to Ovechkin or something...

Old
07-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Lexicon Devil

Quote:

You are right about everything except Cowen. As a 6'5" defenceman, I don't think anyone expected him to have "established himself in the NHL" by now. He remains right on target in his development. Zibanejad and Cowen are both top-tier prospects, but i'll give the edge to Cowen on the basis of his AHL playoff, (although that might just be me underrating Zibanejad due to lack of North American face time).

But Rundblad, Cowen, and Zibanejad are clearly our top tier of prospects.

Lexicon Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:
You don't need to sell me on Filly, guy is one of my favourite prospects, but those numbers you're throwing around are pretty ridiculous stretches. Guy has only played a half season in the NHL, and it's like you're trying to compare him to Ovechkin or something...
I'm not trying to sell you on him. I was refuting the point that because he was had for the 66th pick that means he doesn't have potential anymore.

There is nothing that I said that was a ridiculous stretch. In stead of making statements like that and coming off like an ass, why don't you actually point out what is a "ridiculous stretch." I'm not saying that he's anything like Ovechkin, or that he will be, in fact I pointed out that he could easily do nothing for our team. The point was that the potential is there and people saying that he's stagnated over 3 years is just a fabrication.

Old
07-04-2011, 09:04 PM
SenzZen
Rik Norris

Without wandering into the fray of another merri-go-round argument, I'll just say I chose Zibanejad because he'll definitely be effective somewhere in our line-up, where Filatov- while a great trade- still has that boom/bust thing going on.

Add Hoffman (drop Butler and then add Stone, too).

SenzZen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 09:11 PM
Nabokov20
Karlsson for Chuck

vCash: 1325
Quote:
I've been voting Tovie since the start. Still think he's the best prospect we've got.
Me too!

Nabokov20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Skip Sheffield
YEP! YEP! YEP!

Quote:
Yes, our best prospect was dumped on us from another organization for a 3rd round pick.

He is clearly better than the Swedish Defenceman of the Year, two RECENT top 10 draft choices and an AHL playoff MVP.

Indeed.

Skip Sheffield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 09:22 PM
jordan7hm

Filatov. Best prospect we have period.

edit: I don't think we have any forward prospects that will ever hit above 80 points in the NHL. And I'm not sold on Runblad being a #1 in the NHL regardless of his SEL success. I do think Filatov could be a consistent 65-70pt scorer within a couple years though.

jordan7hm is offline   Reply With Quote