HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[MIN/SJS] Minnesota trades Martin Havlat to San Jose for Dany Heatley - II

Old
07-05-2011, 08:18 PM
MatthewT

vCash: 500
As a sens fan who is neutral towards Heatley and loves Havlat as a player. I think the Sharks get the better deal out of this because of Marty's past playoff's, both with Ottawa and Chicago. However Heatley will do much better in Minnesota then he did in San Jose. I think its a win-win situation.

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 08:29 PM
Patvolcom65
@Patvolcom65

As a sens fan who love heatlay i cant wait till the season open so i can burn is jersey and dance on it.

Patvolcom65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
#9 for Marty in SJ.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 09:04 PM
thrillermiller89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
#9 for Marty in SJ.
says who?

thrillermiller89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 09:12 PM
D U M B A
The Disaster March

His agent.

walsha Allan Walsh
Breaking News for Sharks fans: Marty Havlat will be wearing #9 for San Jose, the number his father wore during his career in Czech.

D U M B A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 09:21 PM
thrillermiller89

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltesefalcon View Post
His agent.

walsha Allan Walsh
Breaking News for Sharks fans: Marty Havlat will be wearing #9 for San Jose, the number his father wore during his career in Czech.
awesome

thrillermiller89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 10:10 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Where's the delete function again?

Last edited by WeThreeKings: 07-05-2011 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Not worth posting, it'll be what it will be.
WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I have my sources that no one in Minnesota is happy that Dany Heatley is on their team. He won't be well liked by his team-mate.

Feel free to delete this Mods.
Your sources are dead wrong. Devin Setoguchi certainly is happy he's there and I'm betting Brad Staubitz is too. Simply ridiculous post.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:48 AM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

Perfect situation for him. Heater will net 40+. Mikko plays defense for his entire line per usual.

WildisLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 02:12 AM
Selke

I think this one might be a "win-win" situation for both teams. Heatley should succeed next to Koivu and he's a big name, who knows maybe he'll re-capture some of that greatness he displayed a few years ago on the Sens?

And well, I love Havlat. I think this is a great return for San Jose. If he can stay healthy and yeah, that's a big if, he will produce big numbers regardless of who's playing next to him.

This makes me like the Sharks, a lot more now.

Selke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 02:22 AM
timw33

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildisLaw View Post
Perfect situation for him. Heater will net 40+. Mikko plays defense for his entire line per usual.
Wasn't everyone saying that when he went to SJS to be centred by Joe Thornton?

timw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 02:28 AM
gonegonegone*

why do minn fans think heater will all of a sudden score 40+ goals again, on a team that traditionally lacks offense, on a team that simply couldn't implement richard's offensive schemes effectively? minn's first line is going to get keyed in harder than anything heater has previously seen, since minn has less weapons than sj. he'll be lucky to break 30 goals imo, he has slowed down a lot since his rocket days. i think its not unrealistic to expect less than 70 pts again from him.

gonegonegone* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 03:05 AM
Sundance
You Can Never Get To

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkarlsson09 View Post
As a sens fan who love heatlay i cant wait till the season open so i can burn is jersey and dance on it.
Let me try and understand something here: You love him but you also want to burn his jersey? A jersey I assume you bought? There are people at there living on the streets, with no clothes to wear at all, and you would burn yours? Donate it. Sell it on eBay. Don't be an idiot.

Sundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 03:44 AM
Mafoofoo
Custom User Title

Or **** mail it to me. Ill even pay you $5 for it.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 04:19 AM
wtfisthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by endy View Post
why do minn fans think heater will all of a sudden score 40+ goals again, on a team that traditionally lacks offense, on a team that simply couldn't implement richard's offensive schemes effectively? minn's first line is going to get keyed in harder than anything heater has previously seen, since minn has less weapons than sj. he'll be lucky to break 30 goals imo, he has slowed down a lot since his rocket days. i think its not unrealistic to expect less than 70 pts again from him.
Yeah, I dont get it at all. Its like they think that Koivu is gonna magically make him play better or something. He goes from playing with Thornton/Marleau to Koivu/maybe Setoguchi or Bouchard and his production is gonna somehow increase? Theres always a chance but its very slim at this point.

wtfisthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 04:49 AM
GoGoSharks

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfisthis View Post
Yeah, I dont get it at all. Its like they think that Koivu is gonna magically make him play better or something. He goes from playing with Thornton/Marleau to Koivu/maybe Setoguchi or Bouchard and his production is gonna somehow increase? Theres always a chance but its very slim at this point.
It doesn't have to increase, just rebound to the consistent ~40 he got for 3 years in a row until last year.

He should pop in 30-35 just fine, 40 is a stretch.

GoGoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 05:09 AM
melinko

Quote:
Originally Posted by endy View Post
Why will Havlat help the Sharks win the Stanley Cup on a team that traditionally chokes in the playoffs?

Truth is a majority of HF posters hate on Heatley because of the way he left Ottawa and to a lesser extent the car crash and constantly diminish his accomplishments and abilities because of it. It isn't unreasonable to expect a shooter that was playing with a broken hand to rebound from a bad year.

And why do people think Havlat is defensively responsible, in his two seasons here he was -19 (worst) and -10 (3rd worst)?

melinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 05:10 AM
Phu

Quote:
Originally Posted by timw33 View Post
Wasn't everyone saying that when he went to SJS to be centred by Joe Thornton?
If they were, they were right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfisthis View Post
Situation ... it's not like we haven't seen it before where there is less opportunity for any individual player on a team with many offensive options. The whole mouths-to-feed thing. Last season Heatley led the team in shooting and scored almost 40, this year he dropped down to 4th, almost 70 less shots in the reduced 2nd line role (but was 3rd on the team in goals).

That said, the Wild as a team haven't been putting as many shots on goal as the Sharks do, but that is looking to be an area of concentration for this year for them (explicitly stated by team officials).

Phu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 05:18 AM
Furious George
Ville the Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
Let me try and understand something here: You love him but you also want to burn his jersey? A jersey I assume you bought? There are people at there living on the streets, with no clothes to wear at all, and you would burn yours? Donate it. Sell it on eBay. Don't be an idiot.
And why wait until now to burn it? The peak of the Heatley hate seemed to be during the trade demand and right after it was completed.

Furious George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 07:13 AM
teal

Quote:
Originally Posted by melinko View Post
Why will Havlat help the Sharks win the Stanley Cup on a team that traditionally chokes in the playoffs?

Truth is a majority of HF posters hate on Heatley because of the way he left Ottawa and to a lesser extent the car crash and constantly diminish his accomplishments and abilities because of it. It isn't unreasonable to expect a shooter that was playing with a broken hand to rebound from a bad year.

And why do people think Havlat is defensively responsible, in his two seasons here he was -19 (worst) and -10 (3rd worst)?
boo hoo hoo, traditionally the sharks have been trending towards "better and better" and not "choke". WCF two years in a row? how ****ing lame.

havlat is much more dynamic and creative and unpredictable than heatley. i can't wait to see what he can do in sj.

teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 07:35 AM
Sharksfan83

Quote:
Originally Posted by melinko View Post

They didn't choke in the PO's. They got beat by a good team both times. They made it to the WCF's.

How's the Wilds Stanely cup runs been going?

Sharksfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 07:44 AM
Jill Sandwich
Master of Unlocking

Send a message via MSN to Jill Sandwich
It's an improvement for the Wild, it's re-arranging deck chairs for the Sharks. Havlat is not going to be the guy who puts you over the top. Though honestly, I can't think who would be.

Jill Sandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 07:46 AM
Sharksfan83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill Sandwich View Post
It's an improvement for the Wild, it's re-arranging deck chairs for the Sharks. Havlat is not going to be the guy who puts you over the top. Though honestly, I can't think who would be.
Brent Burns at his best I believe can be.

Sharksfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 08:01 AM
Phu

Quote:
Originally Posted by teal View Post
boo hoo hoo, traditionally the sharks have been trending towards "better and better" and not "choke". WCF two years in a row? how ****ing lame.

havlat is much more dynamic and creative and unpredictable than heatley. i can't wait to see what he can do in sj.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharksfan83 View Post
They didn't choke in the PO's. They got beat by a good team both times. They made it to the WCF's.

How's the Wilds Stanely cup runs been going?
I think he was saying that in response to some others asking why people expect Heatley to rebound on a historically offensively challenged team. It was an example of a flawed rationale, for reasons which include what you both said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill Sandwich View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharksfan83 View Post
Brent Burns at his best I believe can be.
Definitely, it's strange that someone could make a statement like that and completely ignore the addition of potentially the best defenseman the team has ever had. It's like they didn't notice that Havlat was actually not the top acquisition for the Sharks this offseason (even so far).

Phu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 08:09 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Burns would probably be the difference maker for the sharks--more than enough to cover for the drop-off in goals from trading Heatley for Havlat anyway. Despite the crazies on here who insist the wild suck LOL you have Heatley etc etc Burns is enough on that team to make me cheer for a Sharks/Hawks (brunette) western final. Unlike fan bases from most other teams who dream playoffs every year we mostly have realistic expectations. 40 goals for Heatley sounds a bit high to me, but then again we have Koivu who can put up 70 pts with third liners and has never played a season with a shooter before--we're very excited to see what happens.
Oh, and Koivu sees the top pressure from every team we play against anyway and still puts up points; I don't think there will be much of a difference in that regard with Heatley on his wing. I'm fairly confident that Heatley is going to put up numbers better than Brunette or Mittens regardless. Couple that with better wings on the second line and our scoring is definitely going to go up next year. Wild improve with this trade--even if you hate Heatley I don't see how you can dispute this.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote