HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who will be the whipping boy next season? 2011/2012

Old
07-05-2011, 07:10 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quincey is actually a good choice. He's the wild card on defense. If he stumbles, the team could be in trouble.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 08:14 PM
The Kult

The obvious choice is Varly. Followed by Sherman and Hunwick.

I could see Galiardi get some whipping

The Kult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Mant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mules View Post
Seriously, we probably will miss playoff and get low draft pick, but the season has not even started yet. Give it a chance, ffs.
Don't you mean...

We'll probably miss the playoffs and Washington will get a low draft pick?

Mant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 08:27 PM
AvsFan7*

Nobody, cause the players that are bad will be benched, and Avs are gonna make playoffs so for the most part nobody will be dissapointed this season

AvsFan7* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 08:27 PM
Ice Crusher

Whiners

Ice Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 08:45 PM
Bill Peckerskull
Farging Ice Holes

Hunwick is a given, so is Cumiskey, Quincey, and Stastny. Those four have received a lot of the hate over the last few years; and since they are still on the team, I don't see how that's gonna change. However, if you're looking for a new pawn, I'm gonna go with Varlamov. Given the controversy over his trade, and the price it cost to acquire him, every time he gives up a goal he's gonna take more heat than he should. God help him when he has a "bad" game.

Bill Peckerskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 08:57 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Peckerskull View Post
Hunwick is a given, so is Cumiskey, Quincey, and Stastny. Those four have received a lot of the hate over the last few years; and since they are still on the team, I don't see how that's gonna change. However, if you're looking for a new pawn, I'm gonna go with Varlamov. Given the controversy over his trade, and the price it cost to acquire him, every time he gives up a goal he's gonna take more heat than he should. God help him when he has a "bad" game.
Good thing is that Colorado isn't Montreal, Toronto, or Vancouver. Maybe it was because of all the losing last year but the crowd wouldn't make any noise at all. No cheers and no boos. Also, Dater is pretty much the only guy who covers the team. So even if he does have a bad game, he won't hear about it.

God help us when he has a bad game or two. We'll have to hear about it from Caps fans, other trolls, and from the people who hate this deal.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 09:00 PM
Mules
Waiting for hockey

I figured out who will be our whipping boy next season: Adrian Dater
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Good thing is that Colorado isn't Montreal, Toronto, or Vancouver. Maybe it was because of all the losing last year but the crowd wouldn't make any noise at all. No cheers and no boos. Also, Dater is pretty much the only guy who covers the team. So even if he does have a bad game, he won't hear about it.

God help us when he has a bad game or two. We'll have to hear about it from Caps fans, other trolls, and from the people who hate this deal.
We will hear it in the main forum, trades forum, draft pick board, Bruins board, Leafs board... I never realize how "popular" we are right now with this trade.

Mules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 09:32 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

Stastny...especially if they give him the "C"

If Stastny goes pointless for 2 or more games in a row he is gonna get blasted and Dater will lead the idiots in the charge.

I'll also go out on a limb and say Duchene will be given a free pass no matter how he plays.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 09:35 PM
Mules
Waiting for hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mant View Post
Don't you mean...

We'll probably miss the playoffs and Washington will get a low draft pick?
Yeah, that too

Mules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 11:04 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Kevin Porter 1.0 will be my choice for whipping boy, and then fan favourite when he switches to Kevin Porter 2.0.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 11:34 PM
agentblack

vCash: 70
my votes
Stoa: seems like he could be an x factor, a player everyone is forgetting about. if he can just get it together could be awesome for us
But he wont be. He'll be the most frustrating player on he Avs to watch (when he's in the lineup)

Yip: your taking Mauldin's spot git outta here!
Hunwick: Your taking (possibly) Barrie's spot

agentblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 11:51 PM
MrAvsFan

Hmmm everyone. Win as a team Lose as one.

MrAvsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 12:38 AM
Joe Sakic
Goodbye ROR

vCash: 125
Let me put it this way...I'm gonna have to bring back this as my avatar.

Joe Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 05:48 AM
ManOnTheMoon
Hejdas Gonna Hejd

I'm going to make a bold prediction and say that Hunwick surprises everyone and plays well this season. If Quincey gets his defensive game back, I think they could potentially make a good pairing. Call me crazy.

As for the whipping boy, it's Varlamov, no question. They gave up a lot to get him, and as a Russian, he'll be plagued by accusations of being lazy, soft, wanting to bolt to the KHL, etc. I feel bad for the guy already.

As for injuries, not that it would apply to Varlamov, aren't the Avs getting rid of their seamless glass this season? That would cut down a bit on injuries resulting from hits or collisions into the boards, for sure.

ManOnTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 08:43 AM
foppagirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOnTheMoon View Post
I'm going to make a bold prediction and say that Hunwick surprises everyone and plays well this season. If Quincey gets his defensive game back, I think they could potentially make a good pairing. Call me crazy.

As for the whipping boy, it's Varlamov, no question. They gave up a lot to get him, and as a Russian, he'll be plagued by accusations of being lazy, soft, wanting to bolt to the KHL, etc. I feel bad for the guy already.

As for injuries, not that it would apply to Varlamov, aren't the Avs getting rid of their seamless glass this season? That would cut down a bit on injuries resulting from hits or collisions into the boards, for sure.
Yeah, league is requiring all arenas that still use seamless glass to get rid of it and go to the glass that "gives." Yes, it should help cut down on injuries. Case in point: Galiardi's wrist injuries may not have happened both times had he gone into glass that was not seamless. Of course, he went into the glass wonky/hard in Colorado and Minny- 2 of the 6 arenas that still used seamless glass. Go figure.

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 09:54 AM
NWAvsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentblack View Post
my votes
Stoa: seems like he could be an x factor, a player everyone is forgetting about. if he can just get it together could be awesome for us
But he wont be. He'll be the most frustrating player on he Avs to watch (when he's in the lineup)

Yip: your taking Mauldin's spot git outta here!
Hunwick: Your taking (possibly) Barrie's spot
It will be a surprise to even see much of Stoa this year. I think if we do it is a bad sign indicating injuries have savaged us again. He needs a full year in the AHL with no expectation of NHL play. Let him settle in and produce without expecting a callup or feeling that his status in the minors is a disappointment. If he can't get it together under those conditions pull the rip cord.

NWAvsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Iracundia

If things don't go well offensively I think Landeskog will be the whipping boy. The kid needs to be at least the 2nd best player from the draft, especially since a few players with a much higher upside were passed on to take him.

Iracundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 02:53 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by GobiasIndustries View Post
Kevin Porter 1.0 will be my choice for whipping boy, and then fan favourite when he switches to Kevin Porter 2.0.
That's a good choice, he really sucks at everything. Everyone saying Hunwick/Cumisky, I doubt they even play.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 03:10 PM
thedoctor
                    

Hunwick and Kobasew. Maybe Varlamov.

thedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 06:46 PM
Adama0905

It's not like last season's whipping boy went away...we resigned him and he's ready to embarrass again. Good ol' Hunwick

Adama0905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 06:49 PM
Adama0905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2Mueller View Post
That's a good choice, he really sucks at everything. Everyone saying Hunwick/Cumisky, I doubt they even play.
Eh, he's a good player when he decides to play well. And he has a wicked shot. And he went on a crazy good spree where it seemed like every game we won was because of one of his goals (of course, when we didn't suck last year, since obviously we didn't really win games last year)

As for Hunwick...

April 5th, 2011 - 22:00
April 3rd, 2011 - 20:36
April 1st, 2011 - 27:52

Who's coach next year? Oh yeah, that Sacco guy...Hunwick will play. Cumiskey was also a fav. They'll play

Last edited by Adama0905: 07-08-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Old
07-08-2011, 06:59 PM
AdamCalderHero
Blaze = UK Avs

vCash: 50
I've got a feeling its going to be ROB. Now we have more than one person that can actually play D I think we'll stop appreciating him so much and more notice his flaws (Puck handling).

AdamCalderHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 07:14 PM
Adama0905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iracundia View Post
If things don't go well offensively I think Landeskog will be the whipping boy. The kid needs to be at least the 2nd best player from the draft, especially since a few players with a much higher upside were passed on to take him.
Doubt it. We tend to treat our rookies very well here. Probably too well. Even if he goes on a major offensive drought, we'll still pick up on every little thing he does right.

Old
07-08-2011, 07:16 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adama0905 View Post
Hunwick

April 5th, 2011 - 22:00
April 3rd, 2011 - 20:36
April 1st, 2011 - 27:52

Who's coach next year? Oh yeah, that Sacco guy...Hunwick will play. Cumiskey was also a fav. They'll play
Was Quincey in the line up? How about EJ, Hejda, Barrie or Elliot? If the defense stays healthy both Hunwick and Cumiskey won't be playing, hell Cumiskey doesn't even have a contract.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote