HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who will be the whipping boy next season? 2011/2012

Old
07-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Adama0905

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2Mueller View Post
Was Quincey in the line up? How about EJ, Hejda, Barrie or Elliot? If the defense stays healthy both Hunwick and Cumiskey won't be playing, hell Cumiskey doesn't even have a contract.
Dude, you're forgetting that Hunwick sucked major balls, and they still played him. Sacco has a thing for speed, and unfortunately Hunwick is fast. I'm sorry, but he's gonna get played. He will. Just accept it, and prepare to see a goal let in every game because of one of his gaffes. Just mark down 82 GA right away to start the season, because the guy will play 82 games, unless he somehow miraculously gets injured, and if he plays in those 82 games he will likely play around 20 minutes.

Adama0905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
71****70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adama0905 View Post
Dude, you're forgetting that Hunwick sucked major balls, and they still played him. Sacco has a thing for speed, and unfortunately Hunwick is fast. I'm sorry, but he's gonna get played. He will. Just accept it, and prepare to see a goal let in every game because of one of his gaffes. Just mark down 82 GA right away to start the season, because the guy will play 82 games, unless he somehow miraculously gets injured, and if he plays in those 82 games he will likely play around 20 minutes.
No I'm not forgetting anything, Hunwick won't be play regularly. Liles had speed yet, Sacco had no problem benching him. EJ, Quincey,Hejda, ROB, Wilson and Barrie/Elliot are all ahead of Hunwick.

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 08:31 PM
Adama0905

Quote:
No I'm not forgetting anything, Hunwick won't be play regularly. Liles had speed yet, Sacco had no problem benching him. EJ, Quincey,Hejda, ROB, Wilson and Barrie/Elliot are all ahead of Hunwick.
I guess just be prepared to be disappointed dude. Guess you missed that whole trend of guys that actually had talent getting benched but the guys that looked like they tried hard (or not even that if they were fast) getting ice time.

Adama0905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 08:44 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
71****70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adama0905 View Post
I guess just be prepared to be disappointed dude. Guess you missed that whole trend of guys that actually had talent getting benched but the guys that looked like they tried hard (or not even that if they were fast) getting ice time.
I didn't miss it, I just feel it's exaggerated by the fans on HF.

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 08:58 PM
danmcn12
#freeRedmond

It'll be Quincey again. He was the whipping boy before he got hurt. I mean people complained about every little thing.

danmcn12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 12:53 AM
Gumballhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmcn12 View Post
It'll be Quincey again. He was the whipping boy before he got hurt. I mean people complained about every little thing.
He looked good on an up and coming Kings team, hopefully he'll look good on this up and coming Avs team. I hope he plays with an edge,, and that he gets some PP time.

Gumballhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 01:07 AM
PeterTheGreat

Quote:
I didn't miss it, I just feel it's exaggerated by the fans on HF.
Agreed.

Cant really blame Sacco for playing him. Who else did we have waiting? Holos? That guy sucks just as much if not more.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 12:59 PM
Flanagan
Registered Loser

vCash: 966
Whoever gets a 'C' sewed onto their jersey will be torn to shreds by the fans if the team falters. This team has only had two captains, and no one currently with the Avs can fill the empty place left behind by Sakic and Foote. Maybe Hejduk being the veteran, but I just can't see him being a successful captain. I hope it's not Stastny, as he receives enough hate as it is.

Also, Varlamov will be closely scrutinized by more than just Avs fans, so I feel sorry for him already. The moment he plays a bad game or gets injured, thousands of Leafs fans and Caps fans will start bashing the Avs. For his own sake, I hope some of that hate goes toward Sherman instead of Varly.

Flanagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Injury Prone Stastny
Can't Trade Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanagan View Post
Whoever gets a 'C' sewed onto their jersey will be torn to shreds by the fans if the team falters. This team has only had two captains, and no one currently with the Avs can fill the empty place left behind by Sakic and Foote. Maybe Hejduk being the veteran, but I just can't see him being a successful captain. I hope it's not Stastny, as he receives enough hate as it is.

Also, Varlamov will be closely scrutinized by more than just Avs fans, so I feel sorry for him already. The moment he plays a bad game or gets injured, thousands of Leafs fans and Caps fans will start bashing the Avs. For his own sake, I hope some of that hate goes toward Sherman instead of Varly.
Why would Hejduk not be a successful captain?

The loudest guy in the room doesn't always make for the best captain. Ask Sakic.

Injury Prone Stastny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Flanagan
Registered Loser

vCash: 966
Hejduk's defensive play has dropped off a bit, he's definitely not the player he once was, but I agree I should be complimenting him. He is certainly the most qualified Av for captaincy, and he does lead by example, but to me he just doesn't seem the leader type. IF the team names a captain next year I sincerely hope it is Hejduk over anyone else.

I guess I too have raised my expectations for a Colorado captain too high.

Flanagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Kschey
Avs/BorussiaDortmund

Paul "Casper" "Mr. Invisible" Stastny.
It is so easy to complain about him just because his plays are not as flashy as for example plays by Matt Duchene.
Therefore a lot of people will be trying to sell him to the leafs sooner or later.

That's not my opinion by the way - I like Stastny.

Kschey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 08:37 PM
AvsWraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kschey View Post
Paul "Casper" "Mr. Invisible" Stastny.
It is so easy to complain about him just because his plays are not as flashy as for example plays by Matt Duchene.
Therefore a lot of people will be trying to sell him to the leafs sooner or later.

That's not my opinion by the way - I like Stastny.
Actually, Duchene really toned down the flashiness of his game last season as compared to his rookie season.

AvsWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 09:09 PM
shadow1

No doubt it will be Greg Sherman. People will sing his praises when this team is winning, but all of the bold trades he has made will always bring out the armchair GM's upon the completion of another deal, regardless of the size.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 10:01 PM
falconski
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmcn12 View Post
there was a while that anyone that played with foote was teh whipping boy

falconski is offline   Reply With Quote