HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offseason Movement Thread II (Acq./Rstr. Bldg./Cap Mgt.)

Closed Thread

Old
07-06-2011, 11:37 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

vCash: 500
You watch, after Fehr is moved, he'll put together a few hundred consecutive games and produce at a 30+ goal/season pace.

For the record, I'm fine with trading him.

Old
07-06-2011, 11:44 AM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
I'm pulling a borro. Mcphee can get a first for Schultz and it wouldn't surprise me if he got one for Fehr.
Just don't disappear after you're right.

Out: Witt

In: beech, col 1st, 2nd, few years of varly, cheap yr of vokoun

Old
07-06-2011, 11:47 AM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPP View Post
Is the assumption that they'll be unable to trade Schultz? Wouldn't you want to trade him before Fehr?
I think looking at things, a forward on his way out makes more sense.

To poster earlier, I missed the joke (edit: sorry).

As to Fehr, saw some rumors yesterday, but have no idea the validity of the source. Personally, I'd prefer Chimera moved before Fehr, but Fehr should bring more return depending on the medical stuff.

Last edited by sk84fun_dc: 07-06-2011 at 11:56 AM.
Old
07-06-2011, 11:55 AM
Foy

When/if we use that draft pick, we'll still have a player in our pipeline we can trade back to not matching Stevens. Hard to believe we can still do that 20 years later.

Old
07-06-2011, 11:55 AM
sk84fun_dc

jprutherford Jeremy Rutherford
According to NHL sources, the Blues have signed Jamie Langenbrunner and Jason Arnott each to one-year deals. To be announced soon.

Heard the Langenbrunner info. earlier, but first mention I have seen of Arnott to STL

Old
07-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Langway
Intangibles

Ramp up the Semin to STL talk.

Old
07-06-2011, 12:03 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
When/if we use that draft pick, we'll still have a player in our pipeline we can trade back to not matching Stevens. Hard to believe we can still do that 20 years later.

Old
07-06-2011, 12:09 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

That Sarge pic is the "new" TFS bench pic.

Old
07-06-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
That Sarge pic is the "new" TFS bench pic.
Who is the new TFS ... now that warrants it's own thread.

Old
07-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
He was intentionally ignored. By the time that first round pick is on the roster, I wouldn't be surprised if Schultz had moved on.

Old
07-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Capitlols

Quote:
Still feel he'd be the best candidate to be moved. 3 more years of $2.75mil off the books would be better than Fehr or Semin at just one year. Not to mention he has no place on the D.

Old
07-06-2011, 12:17 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
When you do something that stupid, you deserve to he reminded about it for 20 years.

Old
07-06-2011, 12:19 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
When you do something that stupid, you deserve to he reminded about it for 20 years.
Damn wedding ring

Old
07-06-2011, 12:21 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
He was intentionally ignored. By the time that first round pick is on the roster, I wouldn't be surprised if Schultz had moved on.
I'd say there's a decent chance that he's moved for futures whenever he goes. And thus the line continues...

Old
07-06-2011, 12:32 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
If someone made an offer for Alzner, would we even hear about it? I know GM's probably adhere to the code or some crap about going after each others RFAs. Still, why wouldnt someone throw him a bargain basement offer of 1.5. Sure he probably won't acccept it. But maybe just maybe there is a .1% chance he pulls a Vokoun and is willing to go somewhere he wants for less money than he is worth. To be near his folks, say Calgary. I am surprised there aren't more offers on RFA's. What's the historical hit rate on 2nd rounders playing 200 NHL games.

If not 1.5, within the next compensation tier up. Either they get Alzner for a pick, or George has to presumably overpay him more than he was hoping. A competitive division rival could do this. Would you move a late first next year for Alzner at 3.0M for 5 years?

Old
07-06-2011, 12:42 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
If someone made an offer for Alzner, would we even hear about it? I know GM's probably adhere to the code or some crap about going after each others RFAs. Still, why wouldnt someone throw him a bargain basement offer of 1.5. Sure he probably won't acccept it. But maybe just maybe there is a .1% chance he pulls a Vokoun and is willing to go somewhere he wants for less money than he is worth. To be near his folks, say Calgary. I am surprised there aren't more offers on RFA's. What's the historical hit rate on 2nd rounders playing 200 NHL games.

If not 1.5, within the next compensation tier up. Either they get Alzner for a pick, or George has to presumably overpay him more than he was hoping. A competitive division rival could do this. Would you move a late first next year for Alzner at 3.0M for 5 years?
Alzner wouldn't sign a sweeheart offer sheet (1.5 or whatever). If he's willing to take that kind of discount with another team it means he wants out, but he knows the Caps would match that good a deal instantly and he'd be back to square one.

If he really wants out then his only options are either sign a big, big deal with someone else (big enough that the Caps wouldn't match, assuming that kind of offer is even out there) or stick it out until he reaches UFA.

Old
07-06-2011, 12:42 PM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:
You watch, after Fehr is moved, he'll put together a few hundred consecutive games and produce at a 30+ goal/season pace.

For the record, I'm fine with trading him.
Yes sir, that is exactly what will happen. This year I'm finally ready to trade him because a player can only be given so many chances injuries or not. He needs to go West.

Old
07-06-2011, 12:43 PM
sk84fun_dc

If Alzner was as upset as you theorize (I don't think so) or wanted to pull a move like that, signing an offer sheet doesn't get you away from the team, if your current club matches the offer, you are still on the same team.

In most cases, no, we don't hear about offer sheets players don't sign, although we have heard about some over time, including recent comments by Carter's agent (or someone in his group) that he helped Philly out by not signing an offer sheet at one point. Some rumors out there about some Devils players doing the same in the past.

Old
07-06-2011, 12:50 PM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:

I think GMs are scared of RFAs. I firmly believe Alzner is just being patient to get a long term deal. I also believe GMGM isn't going to let him go to an RFA because he has coveted him and took time to develop him. The only Eastern team I can see offering him an offer sheet is Boston due to their caps space and potentially seeing the Caps as a conference rival for a few years.

Old
07-06-2011, 12:53 PM
DCRedhawk21

Quote:

Well, hypothetically if he did want to be somewhere else and if he signed a 1.5 million offer, then the Caps could match and he'd be on the Caps for 1.5 million.

My feeling is, unless the offer was outrageous, GMGM would match and then worry about shedding some salary later.

Old
07-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Millhaus

Quote:

As an RFA any offer sheet Alzner would sign the Caps would have the right to match and he would then be playing for the Caps for those contract terms. Alzner just can't walk away and play where he wants until he becomes a UFA.

Old
07-06-2011, 01:21 PM
txpd

Quote:

you realize that the offer sheet goes to alzner and agent and not mcphee. right? getting an offer sheet and disclosing it is not in mcphee's control. even less so having a verbal offer made from another team.

facts are that the other team doesnt really want their business aired like that.

if alzner signed an offer sheet, it would not be kept secret as it would have to be sent to the nhl offices where it would become public knowledge.

the only way it remains secret is if the rival gm is threatening an offer sheet to mcphee and demanding a trade of that player or else. even then that would come out shortly as it did with kessel.

Old
07-06-2011, 01:31 PM
aquablue

I think Green is the one we should trade if we can get a 2C back. Green will demand too much money soon and is now expendable with Carlson, Wideman and Orlov coming up. We can sacrifice a little O on our D to upgrade our front 6 IMO. Green is not a playoff performer, and we can now groom Orlov. With a quality #2C we can actually contend this year. We are not winning a cup with Laich or JoJo on 2C, or some scrub like an old Arnot at the TD.

Any ideas for a trade with Green for a 2C? Who needs a guy like Green?

Old
07-06-2011, 01:46 PM
exwhaler

Quote:
A couple of things:

1. On the bolded part, I believe once a player accepts an offer sheet, it has to be filed at the league office. Then, everybody knows.

2. I think there's zero chance that Alzner accepts an offer sheet of 1.5 million, and even if he did, the Capitals would match that in a half-a-heartbeat.

Old
07-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Mr Gone
Green = Man of Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
I think Green is the one we should trade if we can get a 2C back. Green will demand too much money soon and is now expendable with Carlson, Wideman and Orlov coming up. We can sacrifice a little O on our D to upgrade our front 6 IMO. Green is not a playoff performer, and we can now groom Orlov. With a quality #2C we can actually contend this year. We are not winning a cup with Laich or JoJo on 2C, or some scrub like an old Arnot at the TD.

Any ideas for a trade with Green for a 2C? Who needs a guy like Green?
If Green could show that he could stay on the ice for a 20+ game cup run. He would be worth the 6mill he is going to get in is next contact. But I just don't see it happening. And his game drops way off when he is banged up. And I feel like that is way to often.

Closed Thread