HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs/Wheeling Nailers 2011-12 season

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-19-2011, 01:58 PM
  #326
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
What does "slid" mean?
In this context, it means that their first year of the contract didn't "count".

bcv is offline  
Old
10-19-2011, 05:51 PM
  #327
Universe
Eh?
 
Universe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 475
vCash: 500
4-6 weeks for Joe per CHCH.

Universe is offline  
Old
10-19-2011, 06:40 PM
  #328
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,644
vCash: 500
Uploaded the video from CHCH:


habsprospects is offline  
Old
10-20-2011, 11:44 AM
  #329
deandebean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Gatineau, câlisse
Country: uriname
Posts: 8,686
vCash: 500
Leblanc to start next Thursday, per RDS.

deandebean is offline  
Old
10-20-2011, 12:16 PM
  #330
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,902
vCash: 500
4 games suspension for Callahan on Stejkal

bcv is offline  
Old
10-20-2011, 12:19 PM
  #331
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
4 games suspension for Callahan on Stejkal
I was expecting more, tbh.

__________________



"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline  
Old
10-20-2011, 12:24 PM
  #332
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,902
vCash: 500
I didn't see, I can't have an opinion. But I'm thinking Callahan will suffer more when Fitz gets his hands on him. Poor him. Probably gon a lose some teeth or something.

bcv is offline  
Old
10-20-2011, 01:52 PM
  #333
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
4 games suspension for Callahan on Stejkal
If it was Shannyhammer it would have been 10+

montreal is offline  
Old
10-20-2011, 05:42 PM
  #334
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
If it was Shannyhammer it would have been 10+
It's Detroit's farm team, so ofcourse not

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
10-20-2011, 08:01 PM
  #335
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,552
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
It's Detroit's farm team, so ofcourse not
Sad but so true,when are these rednecks going to get theirs.When someone dies due too their resistance to act according to the violence they deem necessary.Only the justice isn't handed out equally or justly,hopefully when it happens the judge in charge will re-open cases that went without penalty under the law.

S Bah is offline  
Old
10-21-2011, 08:26 PM
  #336
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,298
vCash: 500
Dogs doing their best Habs impersenation, can't bury anything. Nattinen gets taken off the top line, Berger takes his place. Lawson continues to be the Dogs best player.

Leblanc is going to play the next game and Fortier could be back as well.

montreal is offline  
Old
10-21-2011, 08:29 PM
  #337
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Leblanc is going to play the next game
Highlight of the week? I think so!

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
10-21-2011, 09:22 PM
  #338
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,298
vCash: 500
Dogs win in a crazy one. Couldn't score all night, FitzGerald who hasn't scored in two years gets one after the opposing teams defensemen tipped it in. But then in the SO they were scoring goals left and right and all of them were good goals. In the SO Trotter with a nice move, Masse with a wicked backhander for a goal, St Denis with a nice shot and Dumont as well.

montreal is offline  
Old
10-21-2011, 11:56 PM
  #339
TroyM
Registered User
 
TroyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,970
vCash: 500
Okay, so where the heck did T.J. Fast come from? Did we sign him to an AHL contract? Is he on loan? Did they get him as some sort of emergency fill in? Just thought he'd be better than Dame-Malka? Just wondering, never heard anything about him in regards to the Habs or Dogs then see he gets an assist tonight!

TroyM is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 12:32 AM
  #340
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM View Post
Okay, so where the heck did T.J. Fast come from? Did we sign him to an AHL contract? Is he on loan? Did they get him as some sort of emergency fill in? Just thought he'd be better than Dame-Malka? Just wondering, never heard anything about him in regards to the Habs or Dogs then see he gets an assist tonight!
By AHL terms, he was signed to a P.T.O. contract a week ago by Hamilton. But basically, he was loaned from ECHL' Greenville Road Warriors to the Bulldogs since he is not under AHL contract and that we're not even affiliated with that team.

http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/arti...y-out-contract

habsprospects is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 01:02 AM
  #341
TroyM
Registered User
 
TroyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
By AHL terms, he was signed to a P.T.O. contract a week ago by Hamilton. But basically, he was loaned from ECHL' Greenville Road Warriors to the Bulldogs since he is not under AHL contract and that we're not even affiliated with that team.

http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/arti...y-out-contract
Thanks man

TroyM is offline  
Old
10-24-2011, 09:51 AM
  #342
FrankMTL
Registered User
 
FrankMTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,653
vCash: 500
Thank god the Bulldogs will get an influx of talent next year...even with Leblanc coming back, the roster is looking pretty thin in regards to NHL talent. With Brock Trotter gone, there is Lablanc to look forward to, along with some "C" grade prospects in Avtsin (1 assist in 5 games isn't cutting it), Dumont (3rd liner), Palushaj (was expecting more out of him) and Nattinen (3rd line potential).

Hopefully next year we get all of Gallagher, Bournival, Kristo, Beaulieu , Tinordi and Ellis. Maybe a wildcard in Nygren and and NCAA player such as Pateryn although he should stay another year.

FrankMTL is offline  
Old
10-24-2011, 11:36 AM
  #343
Shutdown
Registered User
 
Shutdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Thank god the Bulldogs will get an influx of talent next year...even with Leblanc coming back, the roster is looking pretty thin in regards to NHL talent. With Brock Trotter gone, there is Lablanc to look forward to, along with some "C" grade prospects in Avtsin (1 assist in 5 games isn't cutting it), Dumont (3rd liner), Palushaj (was expecting more out of him) and Nattinen (3rd line potential).

Hopefully next year we get all of Gallagher, Bournival, Kristo, Beaulieu , Tinordi and Ellis. Maybe a wildcard in Nygren and and NCAA player such as Pateryn although he should stay another year.
Pateryn's a senior. It's his last year.

Shutdown is offline  
Old
10-24-2011, 12:26 PM
  #344
FrankMTL
Registered User
 
FrankMTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
Pateryn's a senior. It's his last year.
Ahh, good to know! Do you think the Habs will sign him?

FrankMTL is offline  
Old
10-24-2011, 12:42 PM
  #345
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Ahh, good to know! Do you think the Habs will sign him?
Yes, don't see why they wouldn't, although it's going to be strange to have so many rookie defensemen on the team at the same time.

montreal is offline  
Old
10-24-2011, 03:53 PM
  #346
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,552
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Yes, don't see why they wouldn't, although it's going to be strange to have so many rookie defensemen on the team at the same time.
It will be interesting to see how Pateryn plays at the pro level.Being the return on the Grabovski trade he's going to have some high expectations.I believe he has the makings of a good shutdown defenceman after a couple of seasons in Hamilton.With Mark Mitera and Joe Stejskal from the NCAA it will give Hamilton three capable shutdown defenders. Tinordi would be a fourth shutdown Dman,leaving four spots left if Hamilton carries eight defenders next season.Adding Morgan Ellis and Nathan Beaulieu as puckmoving Dmen and PP quarterbacks the talent level hopefully offsets the inexperience in the pro ranks.Hamilton could still retain a couple of veterans,Alex Henry and Frederic St.Denis assuming Brendon Nash is with the Habs.Looks promising on paper and I can't wait to see the results with all the forward prospects joining next season as well.Kristo may be a Hobey Baker winner by then,add Brendan Gallagher,Michael Bournival and Steve Quailer to Louis Leblanc and this years class of prospects.I think Calder Cup is in the near future for Hamilton.

S Bah is offline  
Old
10-24-2011, 04:19 PM
  #347
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
It will be interesting to see how Pateryn plays at the pro level.Being the return on the Grabovski trade he's going to have some high expectations.I believe he has the makings of a good shutdown defenceman after a couple of seasons in Hamilton.
Pateryn isn't really a shutdown D, while he's solid in his own end, I don't know that I would consider him a shutdown D. I actually like his offensive game more then his defensive. I also don't think there would or should be high expectations, in fact there shouldn't really be any expectations on him at all since he was a 5th round pick and it wasn't until his Junior year that he became a regular at Michigan.

montreal is offline  
Old
10-24-2011, 04:46 PM
  #348
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,552
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Pateryn isn't really a shutdown D, while he's solid in his own end, I don't know that I would consider him a shutdown D. I actually like his offensive game more then his defensive. I also don't think there would or should be high expectations, in fact there shouldn't really be any expectations on him at all since he was a 5th round pick and it wasn't until his Junior year that he became a regular at Michigan.
He's definitely added some offence this year somewhat like Emelin in his last season for AK Bars,that's why I think to make the NHL he will have to do it defensively.Mac Bennett is better suited for the transition and offensive game of the two IMO.As far as expectations when fans learn or remember he was the return on Grabovski they will want big things.As one of a shutdown pairing is how I see his future in the pros and he and Mac could be that pairing in Montreal in three or four years,second or third pairings is what I hope for in them.

S Bah is offline  
Old
10-25-2011, 10:13 AM
  #349
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,298
vCash: 500
Hamilton is currently ranked 5th in the AHL in PP (30%) and 5th on the PK (89.7%) Although losing Trotter hurts, and if they lose Palushaj again if Pac is out hurts even more. Getting Engqvist back is nice as he can help on the PK. Even though it makes me sick to think of Stafford being on the team, he is a former AHL All Star, and while Callahan is a little rusty, the D should be in good shape now. With Leblanc coming back hopefully he can pick up some of the offensive load although it won't be easy but will be interesting to see what line he's on.

montreal is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 08:33 AM
  #350
Sam I Am
Registered User
 
Sam I Am's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
.

Louis Leblanc's first pro game tonight.

"Hamilton head coach Clément Jodoin has him skating on a line with wingers Andrew Conboy and Andreas Engqvist...“It’s his first pro game,” the coach says. “I said, ‘Louis, let’s go one step at a time.’ ”

hamilton spectator article


.


Last edited by Sam I Am: 10-27-2011 at 08:41 AM.
Sam I Am is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.