HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs/Wheeling Nailers 2011-12 season

Closed Thread

Old
10-19-2011, 01:58 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
What does "slid" mean?
In this context, it means that their first year of the contract didn't "count".

Old
10-19-2011, 05:51 PM
Universe
Eh?

4-6 weeks for Joe per CHCH.

Old
10-19-2011, 06:40 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Uploaded the video from CHCH:

Old
10-20-2011, 11:44 AM
deandebean

Leblanc to start next Thursday, per RDS.

Old
10-20-2011, 12:16 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

4 games suspension for Callahan on Stejkal

Old
10-20-2011, 12:19 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
I was expecting more, tbh.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
10-20-2011, 12:24 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

I didn't see, I can't have an opinion. But I'm thinking Callahan will suffer more when Fitz gets his hands on him. Poor him. Probably gon a lose some teeth or something.

Old
10-20-2011, 01:52 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
If it was Shannyhammer it would have been 10+

Old
10-20-2011, 05:42 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
If it was Shannyhammer it would have been 10+
It's Detroit's farm team, so ofcourse not

Old
10-20-2011, 08:01 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
It's Detroit's farm team, so ofcourse not
Sad but so true,when are these rednecks going to get theirs.When someone dies due too their resistance to act according to the violence they deem necessary.Only the justice isn't handed out equally or justly,hopefully when it happens the judge in charge will re-open cases that went without penalty under the law.

Old
10-21-2011, 08:26 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Dogs doing their best Habs impersenation, can't bury anything. Nattinen gets taken off the top line, Berger takes his place. Lawson continues to be the Dogs best player.

Leblanc is going to play the next game and Fortier could be back as well.

Old
10-21-2011, 08:29 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Leblanc is going to play the next game
Highlight of the week? I think so!

Old
10-21-2011, 09:22 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Dogs win in a crazy one. Couldn't score all night, FitzGerald who hasn't scored in two years gets one after the opposing teams defensemen tipped it in. But then in the SO they were scoring goals left and right and all of them were good goals. In the SO Trotter with a nice move, Masse with a wicked backhander for a goal, St Denis with a nice shot and Dumont as well.

Old
10-21-2011, 11:56 PM
TroyM

Okay, so where the heck did T.J. Fast come from? Did we sign him to an AHL contract? Is he on loan? Did they get him as some sort of emergency fill in? Just thought he'd be better than Dame-Malka? Just wondering, never heard anything about him in regards to the Habs or Dogs then see he gets an assist tonight!

Old
10-22-2011, 12:32 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM View Post
Okay, so where the heck did T.J. Fast come from? Did we sign him to an AHL contract? Is he on loan? Did they get him as some sort of emergency fill in? Just thought he'd be better than Dame-Malka? Just wondering, never heard anything about him in regards to the Habs or Dogs then see he gets an assist tonight!
By AHL terms, he was signed to a P.T.O. contract a week ago by Hamilton. But basically, he was loaned from ECHL' Greenville Road Warriors to the Bulldogs since he is not under AHL contract and that we're not even affiliated with that team.

http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/arti...y-out-contract

Old
10-22-2011, 01:02 AM
TroyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
By AHL terms, he was signed to a P.T.O. contract a week ago by Hamilton. But basically, he was loaned from ECHL' Greenville Road Warriors to the Bulldogs since he is not under AHL contract and that we're not even affiliated with that team.

http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/arti...y-out-contract
Thanks man

Old
10-24-2011, 09:51 AM
FrankMTL

Thank god the Bulldogs will get an influx of talent next year...even with Leblanc coming back, the roster is looking pretty thin in regards to NHL talent. With Brock Trotter gone, there is Lablanc to look forward to, along with some "C" grade prospects in Avtsin (1 assist in 5 games isn't cutting it), Dumont (3rd liner), Palushaj (was expecting more out of him) and Nattinen (3rd line potential).

Hopefully next year we get all of Gallagher, Bournival, Kristo, Beaulieu , Tinordi and Ellis. Maybe a wildcard in Nygren and and NCAA player such as Pateryn although he should stay another year.

Old
10-24-2011, 11:36 AM
Shutdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Thank god the Bulldogs will get an influx of talent next year...even with Leblanc coming back, the roster is looking pretty thin in regards to NHL talent. With Brock Trotter gone, there is Lablanc to look forward to, along with some "C" grade prospects in Avtsin (1 assist in 5 games isn't cutting it), Dumont (3rd liner), Palushaj (was expecting more out of him) and Nattinen (3rd line potential).

Hopefully next year we get all of Gallagher, Bournival, Kristo, Beaulieu , Tinordi and Ellis. Maybe a wildcard in Nygren and and NCAA player such as Pateryn although he should stay another year.
Pateryn's a senior. It's his last year.

Old
10-24-2011, 12:26 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
Pateryn's a senior. It's his last year.
Ahh, good to know! Do you think the Habs will sign him?

Old
10-24-2011, 12:42 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Ahh, good to know! Do you think the Habs will sign him?
Yes, don't see why they wouldn't, although it's going to be strange to have so many rookie defensemen on the team at the same time.

Old
10-24-2011, 03:53 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Yes, don't see why they wouldn't, although it's going to be strange to have so many rookie defensemen on the team at the same time.
It will be interesting to see how Pateryn plays at the pro level.Being the return on the Grabovski trade he's going to have some high expectations.I believe he has the makings of a good shutdown defenceman after a couple of seasons in Hamilton.With Mark Mitera and Joe Stejskal from the NCAA it will give Hamilton three capable shutdown defenders. Tinordi would be a fourth shutdown Dman,leaving four spots left if Hamilton carries eight defenders next season.Adding Morgan Ellis and Nathan Beaulieu as puckmoving Dmen and PP quarterbacks the talent level hopefully offsets the inexperience in the pro ranks.Hamilton could still retain a couple of veterans,Alex Henry and Frederic St.Denis assuming Brendon Nash is with the Habs.Looks promising on paper and I can't wait to see the results with all the forward prospects joining next season as well.Kristo may be a Hobey Baker winner by then,add Brendan Gallagher,Michael Bournival and Steve Quailer to Louis Leblanc and this years class of prospects.I think Calder Cup is in the near future for Hamilton.

Old
10-24-2011, 04:19 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
It will be interesting to see how Pateryn plays at the pro level.Being the return on the Grabovski trade he's going to have some high expectations.I believe he has the makings of a good shutdown defenceman after a couple of seasons in Hamilton.
Pateryn isn't really a shutdown D, while he's solid in his own end, I don't know that I would consider him a shutdown D. I actually like his offensive game more then his defensive. I also don't think there would or should be high expectations, in fact there shouldn't really be any expectations on him at all since he was a 5th round pick and it wasn't until his Junior year that he became a regular at Michigan.

Old
10-24-2011, 04:46 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Pateryn isn't really a shutdown D, while he's solid in his own end, I don't know that I would consider him a shutdown D. I actually like his offensive game more then his defensive. I also don't think there would or should be high expectations, in fact there shouldn't really be any expectations on him at all since he was a 5th round pick and it wasn't until his Junior year that he became a regular at Michigan.
He's definitely added some offence this year somewhat like Emelin in his last season for AK Bars,that's why I think to make the NHL he will have to do it defensively.Mac Bennett is better suited for the transition and offensive game of the two IMO.As far as expectations when fans learn or remember he was the return on Grabovski they will want big things.As one of a shutdown pairing is how I see his future in the pros and he and Mac could be that pairing in Montreal in three or four years,second or third pairings is what I hope for in them.

Old
10-25-2011, 10:13 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Hamilton is currently ranked 5th in the AHL in PP (30%) and 5th on the PK (89.7%) Although losing Trotter hurts, and if they lose Palushaj again if Pac is out hurts even more. Getting Engqvist back is nice as he can help on the PK. Even though it makes me sick to think of Stafford being on the team, he is a former AHL All Star, and while Callahan is a little rusty, the D should be in good shape now. With Leblanc coming back hopefully he can pick up some of the offensive load although it won't be easy but will be interesting to see what line he's on.

Old
10-27-2011, 08:33 AM
Sam I Am

Louis Leblanc's first pro game tonight.

"Hamilton head coach Clément Jodoin has him skating on a line with wingers Andrew Conboy and Andreas Engqvist...“It’s his first pro game,” the coach says. “I said, ‘Louis, let’s go one step at a time.’ ”

hamilton spectator article

Last edited by Sam I Am: 10-27-2011 at 08:41 AM.
Closed Thread