HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs/Wheeling Nailers 2011-12 season

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2012, 12:31 PM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
White drops the gloves more then Schultz does in the AHL. In White's 2nd pro season he had 14 fights per his fight card, that's more Schultz's has had in his AHL career. I know that in juniors Schultz fought more then White, but not in Hamilton.
Schultz had 7 last year, but only played in about half the games due to injuries....

Schultz has 5 this year but again has only played 25 games.

Give him a full season and he drops the gloves just as much, if not more.

He fights more often based on the number of games he plays.... Fights/game if you will.

Old
01-20-2012, 12:50 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
Palushaj is red hot. He's over a PPG for the season and leads the team in points. This dispite playing like 12-14 games less than everyone else on the team, due to the time he spent in Montreal.

He's been especially hot recently, really tearing it up.
Quote:
Yes, Palushaj is playing very well for the Dogs, the duo of Engqivst -Palushaj have been on a major tear and a huge reason behind the Dogs turnaround in the season after a brutal November.

I would go with Leblanc over Palushaj, but neither are physically ready although I think Leblanc's smarts and grit would be a better addition plus he's showed more in the NHL then Palushaj did.

(...)
Thanks; I still have high hopes for Palushaj.

Heck... Bourque - Plekanec - Palushaj/Leblanc would be better than Bourque - Plekanec - Blunden... imo!

Old
01-20-2012, 02:20 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
Schultz had 7 last year, but only played in about half the games due to injuries....

Schultz has 5 this year but again has only played 25 games.

Give him a full season and he drops the gloves just as much, if not more.

He fights more often based on the number of games he plays.... Fights/game if you will.
White has almost 30 fights in the AHL over his 3 years, but his last season he played in only 33 games for the Dogs and the year before he played only 62 since he was in the NHL. If Schultz plays as many games as White in the AHL perhaps it will be close between them.

Old
01-20-2012, 03:02 PM
S Bah

Quote:
White has almost 30 fights in the AHL over his 3 years, but his last season he played in only 33 games for the Dogs and the year before he played only 62 since he was in the NHL. If Schultz plays as many games as White in the AHL perhaps it will be close between them.
That would be a great return for the Halak trade,having Ian Schultz become another White or better still another John Ferguson Sr.

Old
01-20-2012, 08:21 PM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
I heard Lawson on the radio during Sunday's game and it sounded like he was going to be back for the outdoor game, so hopefully he's not rushing back as we are going to need him to be at his best if there's to be any hope of the playoffs.

I put together a mid season report card on the Dogs so far based off what I think they have done this year vs what I expected from them.

http://www.habprospects.com/modules....rticle&sid=170
Good report! I must admit that I don't think Stafford plays that big a role. Granted he brings offense to the game but I wonder if Freddy would score a little more if he didn't have to cover as much for him. From what I've seen he struggles on the defensive end. I think the coaches agree, can't remember the last time he has been on a PK. I've even seen Fitzgerald out there ahead of him. I'd rate him a B. As for Callahan and Henry I'd give them A-. They usually play the shut down role and do it well. I know there are no stats for getting the puck out of your end to your forwards but they both do it very well. If any of our top three dmen are out this team will be in a lot of trouble. You didn't include Fast although he hasn't really contributed that much. You've nailed the forwards and I'd love to see your top three play together. I believe having LeBlanc with Enqvist and Palushaj would make that a lethal line and even increase their production.
Curious about your thoughts on the coaching to date. For the first six weeks I would have given both D-. No system, confusion on the bench and ice, screwed up game sheets to name a few. I think since then Clem has made things gel and win or lose now we seem to get good efforts. He has them fore checking aggressively, playing pretty good defense and most importantly most of them are working hard every game. As for Wilson that's another story. I've never liked him even when he was here with Lever. He will miss line changes, get the wrong combinations out at the wrong time and generally seems dead from the hips up. Hard to explain you have to sit across from the bench and just watch him. that does screw up the game.

Old
01-21-2012, 07:51 AM
MrMariusz

Confident victory for the Nailers yesterday FYI, it was really a barrage on net all game long. Delmas back at Wheeling, but Killeen started.

The ECHL might get more interesting next season, several teams are rumored to be pondering over leaving the CHL. The Komets, for example, are already in talks with the ECHL.

Another Marlies game for the Bulldogs today, and an Outdoor Classic at that... starting in a few hours already.

Old
01-21-2012, 09:42 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
That would be a great return for the Halak trade,having Ian Schultz become another White or better still another John Ferguson Sr.
Schultz still has a ways to go yet but it's always good to see the 2nd year pros making good strides in their development and improvement over last seasons play. I don't know what his future holds as there are legit concerns about his mobility, but if he continues to work on it we'll see where he's at over the next 2 or so years. For now just want to see him continue to play well and see if he can improve on that next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllCanadienFan View Post
Good report! I must admit that I don't think Stafford plays that big a role. Granted he brings offense to the game but I wonder if Freddy would score a little more if he didn't have to cover as much for him. From what I've seen he struggles on the defensive end. I think the coaches agree, can't remember the last time he has been on a PK. I've even seen Fitzgerald out there ahead of him. I'd rate him a B. As for Callahan and Henry I'd give them A-. They usually play the shut down role and do it well. I know there are no stats for getting the puck out of your end to your forwards but they both do it very well. If any of our top three dmen are out this team will be in a lot of trouble. You didn't include Fast although he hasn't really contributed that much. You've nailed the forwards and I'd love to see your top three play together. I believe having LeBlanc with Enqvist and Palushaj would make that a lethal line and even increase their production.
Curious about your thoughts on the coaching to date. For the first six weeks I would have given both D-. No system, confusion on the bench and ice, screwed up game sheets to name a few. I think since then Clem has made things gel and win or lose now we seem to get good efforts. He has them fore checking aggressively, playing pretty good defense and most importantly most of them are working hard every game. As for Wilson that's another story. I've never liked him even when he was here with Lever. He will miss line changes, get the wrong combinations out at the wrong time and generally seems dead from the hips up. Hard to explain you have to sit across from the bench and just watch him. that does screw up the game.
I think Stafford has really turned things around, didn't care for Stafford's play at first but feel he's been much better lately at both ends.

Fitzgerald has been solid so I could have given him a higher grade but so many costly penalties. Callahan and Henry I also could have graded higher as they have been a solid pairing, I had Callahan higher but didn't want to give out too many A's, he has been good at both ends of the ice and moving the puck . Henry has been very good out there as well, I took a little off for his lack of offense. I did forget Fast although he hasn't played that much or been overly noticeable.

I don't know if they would want to put Leblanc at LW or Palushaj, maybe both prefer RW but if not they might make a very intesting line. Anything to get Leblanc off a line with Willsie, I wouldn't mind seeing him back with Avtsin as they seemed to play well together.

As for the coaching I wasn't overly impressed early on but wanted to give the new staff some time to let their system gel. I will say I like the forchecking and effort, as the players are working hard but seem a little short on goal scoring talent although the team seems to have picked up the scoring since they have turned things around after that brutal November.

Will be interesting to see what happens with a couple of the Habs prospects that could be done with the CHL/NCAA by March. Next season is shaping up to have the biggest influx of rookie talent I have ever seen the Habs have, this year they will likely be sending more then the two that are already slated for the Memorial Cup (Bournival/Ellis) Even if Beaulieu, Tinordi and Holland make the trip or get close to making it and the Dogs don't make the playoffs, that still leaves Gallagher and Kristo as guys they could possibly add depending on how far their respective teams go in the playoffs. Getting one of them would surely help the PP at the least, so if the Dogs can hold on and the Habs don't make any trades impacting Hamilton then they might get some interesting help in 2 months or so.

Old
01-22-2012, 09:23 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Looking at going to the Bulldogs - Rampage game on Tues. Feb 7th. I see the game is at 10am, any special reason for this wierd time?
Never been to a AHL game, looking foward to popping my cherry in Hamilton

Old
01-22-2012, 09:39 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherboyHTR View Post
Looking at going to the Bulldogs - Rampage game on Tues. Feb 7th. I see the game is at 10am, any special reason for this wierd time?
i think it is for a school day

when schools around the area are invited to come

thats what i seem them do last year

Old
01-23-2012, 05:05 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherboyHTR View Post
It's a school day game, and if you go I'd suggest bringing a pair of ear plugs as the kids scream their heads off.

FYI... Mitch Wahl was loaned back to the flames farm team and Stafford was suspended one game, so he won't play tomorrow.

Old
01-23-2012, 07:13 PM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
It's a school day game, and if you go I'd suggest bringing a pair of ear plugs as the kids scream their heads off.

FYI... Mitch Wahl was loaned back to the flames farm team and Stafford was suspended one game, so he won't play tomorrow.
What did Stafford do? Gone back over a few games sheets and didn't see any penalties and don't recall any incidents at home. By the way after Saturday scratch my comment about Clem having them come out ready to play.

Old
01-23-2012, 07:22 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllCanadienFan View Post
What did Stafford do? Gone back over a few games sheets and didn't see any penalties and don't recall any incidents at home. By the way after Saturday scratch my comment about Clem having them come out ready to play.
He tossed a water bottle at the Marlies bench (maybe even hit a player) Saturday afternoon during the outdoor game.

Old
01-23-2012, 07:26 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
He tossed a water bottle at the Marlies bench (maybe even hit a player) Saturday afternoon during the outdoor game.
So that's who did it, my money would've been on Dumont.

Old
01-23-2012, 08:24 PM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
So that's who did it, my money would've been on Dumont.
I offered the guy beside me a $20 bet that it was Fitzgerald and he wouldn't take it.

Old
01-24-2012, 06:15 PM
MrMariusz

Bulldogs might pick up another win tonight, LE still without Desjardins and Hamilton will be wanting to flush away the bad loss vs Toronto.

Old
01-24-2012, 07:19 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Lines,

Nattinen Engqvist Palushaj
Fortier Willsie Leblanc
Dumont Masse Schultz
Lefebvre DeSimone Berger

Mayer in nets. Avtsin is day to day, Stafford is suspended, Conboy/Nash/Bishop out long term. Fast is the only healthy scratch.

Old
01-24-2012, 08:35 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Lines,

Nattinen Engqvist Palushaj
Fortier Willsie Leblanc
Dumont Masse Schultz
Lefebvre DeSimone Berger

Mayer in nets. Avtsin is day to day, Stafford is suspended, Conboy/Nash/Bishop out long term. Fast is the only healthy scratch.
That Dogs line-up has to be the worst Ive seen in a long time...

Old
01-24-2012, 08:36 PM
Protest the Hero

Gotta feel bad for Nash, he'd probably have spent a decent amount of time in the NHL this season.

Old
01-24-2012, 09:23 PM
MrMariusz

Wow... the Dogs are outshooting them badly, from all angles, post hits, crossbar hits, ... but only 1 goal. The D is a letdown again, the LE Monsters hardly had any chances but net 4 already.

Old
01-24-2012, 09:34 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post

Less than half a season and suddenly everything good Plekanec has done for this club is forgotten. Some fans.
He's from Arnprior... It's a small town near here, like mine, but possibly worse.

Old
01-24-2012, 10:28 PM
Beakermania*

The sucky Mayer showed up today.

Old
01-25-2012, 01:32 AM
Shutdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Gotta feel bad for Nash, he'd probably have spent a decent amount of time in the NHL this season.
Honestly, I think he would've had a shot at pushing Weber out of town.

Old
01-25-2012, 05:38 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
exactly

seriously though it's been so long i forgot: what's his injury? knee?

Old
01-25-2012, 09:12 AM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
I've never been a fan of Weber but what I saw last year from Nash he need a full season to see if he can have an impact and even compete for a spot with the habs. He's big but doesn't play big and he is slow. It's too bad he lost this season. He had a lot to prove. If any of the 4 rookies coming in next year have a big camp he may even go further down the chart.

Old
01-25-2012, 09:57 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
exactly

seriously though it's been so long i forgot: what's his injury? knee?
shoulder

Closed Thread