Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Kingston Frontenacs 2011-12 Season Thread

Old
02-02-2012, 04:05 PM
BigBuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post

Kujawinski has impressed me. He looks like a veteran out there. He's got offensive skills, but the thing that impresses me more is how solid he is in all areas of the ice. He's money on the draws, too. Now Kingston just has to surround him with talent next year, otherwise he'll end up like Spooner as the only source of offense for the club.
I would have to agree. The Frontenacs are in a good spot with 4 picks in the top 24 I hope they take advantage of that and make some good solid picks for the future.Would like to see 2 forwards 1 defence and 1 goalie.

BigBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 11:00 AM
phaedrusDH

hopefully with Gill behind the bench and the team showing improvements in many aspects this year, more players will be willing to come play here.

the scouts had better be working hard.

phaedrusDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 01:48 AM
BigBuck

Does anybody have a list of the picks Kingston has in this years draft? I know they have 2 1st round picks and at least 2 2nd round picks Eries and theirs but not sure what they have after that.

Old
02-12-2012, 11:08 AM
phaedrusDH

caught the game on Friday.

i was surprised they stretched it out to OT given the way that all the guys had no just and didn't seem to want the puck much. on more than one occasion the D were out skated to the puck. Nixon and Moffat in particular got exposed a couple of times.

the forward core is looking good for the future, especially once bolstered with some high picks in the upcoming draft. was really impressed by Mazurek's game last night and Alcock is looking more and more confident as the season progresses.

still a little concerned about the defensive group though...Alex doesn't quite have the composure his brother has (more time needed?), i think Steele is plateauing...

funny think last night is how right as i was thinking Stokes wasn't doing anything for me any more, he knocked down a breakout pass, walked in and potted the SH GTG.

Old
02-16-2012, 10:06 PM
BigBuck

Have the Frontenacs turned the corner? 3-0-1-1 in the last 5 games and it looks like the young players are having a blast out there. Kujawinski 18 pts in 17 games and Jenkins 18 pts in 18 games have turned this team around since being traded here.I hope they can help lure some top prospects and show the player agents that Gill has changed the culture in Kingston. What should they do in this years draft to help them next year?

Old
02-20-2012, 10:35 AM
BigBuck

Has anybody seen Craig Wood play for the St. Marys Lincolns this year? Do you think he could play for the Fronts next year? I see he has won his last 3 games,any info would be great.

Old
02-26-2012, 10:46 AM
phaedrusDH

what's the deal with Cull these days? i haven't made it to a game in a while, but he seems to be coming on strong. i didn't see this kind of up-side to him.

Old
03-01-2012, 12:39 AM
Satan
& try another year

Is there a place in Kingston to get jerseys customized and are reputable? I have a few NHL jerseys that I'd like to get done.

Satan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 01:18 PM
phaedrusDH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Gary Oak View Post
Is there a place in Kingston to get jerseys customized and are reputable? I have a few NHL jerseys that I'd like to get done.
try one of these:
Red Beard Sports on Gardiners near Bath, or PG Sports on Days near Bath

Old
03-04-2012, 10:53 AM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaedrusDH View Post
try one of these:
Red Beard Sports on Gardiners near Bath, or PG Sports on Days near Bath
I don't think Red Beard's does customization, but PG Sports does and it has moved to Progress Ave (not too far off Gardiner's)

SixthSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 03:54 PM
phaedrusDH

could someone please sticky a thread for the 2012-2013 season?

i am super stoked for next season - it seems like we're only a few steps away from competing again. i'm very thankful for the vision to rebuild to which Gilmour has committed. he's making a much better GM than coach. for that matter, i'm an enthusiastic supporter of Gill at this point. can't wait to see what he can do with some talent.

Old
04-12-2012, 04:01 AM
pinkfloyd44

New jerseys

What are peoples thought on the new jerseys? From the limited viewing that i have seen from the draft day pics, they look pretty good. They remind of a throw back bruins jersey from 1991. I personally like them.

pinkfloyd44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 01:49 PM
phaedrusDH

love the new Jerseys. can't go too wrong with horizontal lines and good contrast.

pictures in the Whig article below:
http://www.thewhig.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3527571#

Old
04-19-2012, 06:24 PM
MisterDB

They were introduced April 7th at the draft party, I didn't post anything then as I was trying to keep it quite and was really hoping it was a bad dream.

They are better than the Count jersey's but I sure hope they don't bring back those nasty yellow helmtes, that would just be too much.

We have had quite the discussion on Frontstalk most of us are not impressed and a few comments on the Whig story about them suggested some people couldn't wait to see 3 players lined up for a photo op.

MisterDB is offline   Reply With Quote