HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lombardi on Fan now

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-05-2011, 11:25 AM
  #1
Anthrax442
Registered User
 
Anthrax442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,131
vCash: 551
Lombardi on Fan now

Hoping to be ready for the season.

Anthrax442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 11:29 AM
  #2
Paris in Flames
Registered User
 
Paris in Flames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,368
vCash: 50
If a miracle occurs and we actually get use out of Lombardi, I....don't even have words to how badly we won that trade.

Connolly
Grabovski
Lombardi

Sure, it wouldn't have a Richards or Stamkos but that's a serviceable top 3 C.

Paris in Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 11:44 AM
  #3
Budsfan
Registered User
 
Budsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,216
vCash: 500
He certainly sounded upbeat and happy to be with the Leafs.

Budsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 11:58 AM
  #4
HappyGilmourr
Registered User
 
HappyGilmourr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Milton
Posts: 5,014
vCash: 500
you don't need a superstar centre to win. You win with depth at C, and we have that. Teams like New Jersey, the Bruins, Sabres of had sucess without a true number one centre. We just need depth, solid goaltending, and production from other places. Nonnis went out and got a serviceable C for Kessel. He got some point producing defencmen in Franson and Liles which was a glaring weakness. Our bottom 6 will be well improved with Armstrong ready to have a full year and Kadri/Lombardi/ Bozak all depth for a top 9 role.

I expect Connolly to get anywhere between 45-60 points, Expect 55 - 65 out of Grabo and 40 points from one of Bozak or Lombardi depending on who plays.

Boston - Stanley cup champs

Krejci - 62 points
Bergeron - 57 points
Peverley - 41 points


Buffalo:

Connolly - 42 points
Roy - (injured) - 35 points
Gaustad - 31 points


Montreal:

Plekanec - 57 points
Gomez - 38 points
Halpern - 26 points

HappyGilmourr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 12:17 PM
  #5
Bills09
Registered User
 
Bills09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pickering, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
you don't need a superstar centre to win. You win with depth at C, and we have that. Teams like New Jersey, the Bruins, Sabres of had sucess without a true number one centre. We just need depth, solid goaltending, and production from other places. Nonnis went out and got a serviceable C for Kessel. He got some point producing defencmen in Franson and Liles which was a glaring weakness. Our bottom 6 will be well improved with Armstrong ready to have a full year and Kadri/Lombardi/ Bozak all depth for a top 9 role.

I expect Connolly to get anywhere between 45-60 points, Expect 55 - 65 out of Grabo and 40 points from one of Bozak or Lombardi depending on who plays.

Boston - Stanley cup champs

Krejci - 62 points
Bergeron - 57 points
Peverley - 41 points


Buffalo:

Connolly - 42 points
Roy - (injured) - 35 points
Gaustad - 31 points


Montreal:

Plekanec - 57 points
Gomez - 38 points
Halpern - 26 points
main difference between us and them, those teams have ELITE goaltenders.

Bills09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 12:22 PM
  #6
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills09 View Post
main difference between us and them, those teams have ELITE goaltenders.
heres hoping we have one in our hand.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 12:24 PM
  #7
HoBOonFiRE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Oshawa
Posts: 274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills09 View Post
main difference between us and them, those teams have ELITE goaltenders.
And a defensive minded style, where the leafs are more offensive minded

HoBOonFiRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 12:25 PM
  #8
StarBurns RIP
No Agenda
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,906
vCash: 500
From that interview it was pretty clear that Lombardi doesn't believe he'll be playing to start the season. Remember that's still 3 months from now. It sounds like him being able to play at all this season would be a great development.

StarBurns RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 12:28 PM
  #9
robr00
Registered User
 
robr00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris in Flames View Post
If a miracle occurs and we actually get use out of Lombardi, I....don't even have words to how badly we won that trade.

Connolly
Grabovski
Lombardi

Sure, it wouldn't have a Richards or Stamkos but that's a serviceable top 3 C.
Still one of the worst in the league without a legit #1

robr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 12:35 PM
  #10
SuperSaiyanBeastmode
Registered User
 
SuperSaiyanBeastmode's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr00 View Post
Still one of the worst in the league without a legit #1
when your 4th line center has the ability to score 35-40pts... I just don't see how anyone beats that kind of center depth.

SuperSaiyanBeastmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 12:39 PM
  #11
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,938
vCash: 500
goal is to be ready by training camp but seems like he doesn't believe it will be but he has the support of the managment. So i would safe to say around october is when he comes back more likely november than anything.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 12:40 PM
  #12
KilPhessel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
goal is to be ready by training camp but seems like he doesn't believe it will be but he has the support of the managment. So i would safe to say around october is when he comes back more likely november than anything.
TBH i think realistically he'll be back around christmas time.

KilPhessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 12:42 PM
  #13
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KilPhessel View Post
TBH i think realistically he'll be back around christmas time.
very possible, this isn't just a career thing, it's also a life decision, so i want him to take as much as time needed as much as I want him in our team, his health comes first.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 12:43 PM
  #14
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
JMcLeaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ♫d(-_-)b♫
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 17,497
vCash: 500
I love having this guy on NHL 11! So many breakaways with his speed.

JMcLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 12:45 PM
  #15
Tinalera
Registered User
 
Tinalera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Known Universe
Posts: 6,059
vCash: 500
I have a gut feeling (nothing more) he'll probably be ready to play around Dec or Jan, and that will be just him getting used to everything. Probably won't see his full abilities till 2012-13 season-and he'll have one year left on his contract, and he'll be PLAYING for another contract at that point.

I think right now the Leafs management would be happy to just hear "He's cleared to begin training", nevermind being ready for September.

Tinalera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 12:45 PM
  #16
KingBuzzo
A custom title.
 
KingBuzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
I love having this guy on NHL 11! So many breakaways with his speed.
Haha, I know. I've got a line of Frattin Lombari and Armstong and it's tearing it up haha.

KingBuzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 12:45 PM
  #17
Mogwai
Registered User
 
Mogwai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Etobicoke, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,989
vCash: 500
I'd say wait til the new year and make sure you're ready to compete ML.

He could be a great addition to our roster, as he has lots of speed to burn.

Mogwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 12:49 PM
  #18
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup
 
Rockinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Leaf Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,111
vCash: 500
I think he will miss next year because i think he needs a training camp to get into game shape..

No reason to rush the guy he can go on LTIR for a year and if he is ready for next season lets see how he does.

Rockinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 12:53 PM
  #19
Clark4Ever
Registered User
 
Clark4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: T.O.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,264
vCash: 500
Let's keep our fingers crossed that Lombardi's post concussion comeback will go the route of Simon Gagne as opposed to Marc Savard.

If this guy can stay healthy, he will be one of the top 3rd line centres in the league.

Clark4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 12:56 PM
  #20
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK
 
legendinblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 6,079
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBurns View Post
From that interview it was pretty clear that Lombardi doesn't believe he'll be playing to start the season. Remember that's still 3 months from now. It sounds like him being able to play at all this season would be a great development.
That's disappointing.

legendinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 01:00 PM
  #21
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark4Ever View Post
Let's keep our fingers crossed that Lombardi's post concussion comeback will go the route of Simon Gagne as opposed to Marc Savard.

If this guy can stay healthy, he will be one of the top 3rd line centres in the league.
good example, completely forgot about gagne. but yea he did come back but even then not as great as he was.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 01:02 PM
  #22
Homebrew76
Registered User
 
Homebrew76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NB, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills09 View Post
main difference between us and them, those teams have ELITE goaltenders.
The game is played on both ends of the ice.

Canucks: 3.15 Goals per game. 2.2 Goals against per game.
Bruins: 2.98 Goals per game. 2.3 Goals against per game.

The leafs have a ways to go to catch up in either category.

Homebrew76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 01:04 PM
  #23
glucker
Registered User
 
glucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: London, ON
Posts: 4,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark4Ever View Post
Let's keep our fingers crossed that Lombardi's post concussion comeback will go the route of Simon Gagne as opposed to Marc Savard.

If this guy can stay healthy, he will be one of the top 3rd line centres in the league.
Lets say Bergeron instead of Gagne

glucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 01:55 PM
  #24
Fiery
Registered User
 
Fiery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 127
vCash: 500
Didn't Matthew Lombardi centre Jarome Iginla when he was with the Flames?

Fiery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 02:07 PM
  #25
Ari91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBurns View Post
From that interview it was pretty clear that Lombardi doesn't believe he'll be playing to start the season. Remember that's still 3 months from now. It sounds like him being able to play at all this season would be a great development.
I haven't heard this particular interview but when I listened to his phone conference on the leafs site, there was a particular answer where his response started off with 'If' and then he said 'when' I return....and I immediately felt sad to hear that. And it wasn't because I was thinking of what the Leafs will be missing out on not being able to reap the benefits of his talent, I felt sad because this is his livelihood and something that he loves doing. It must be scary and really disheartening at times when you so badly want to see improvement only to feel those symptoms come on or a doctor tell you you aren't ready yet.

It would be really inspiring to see him make a comeback ala Bergeron and I would hope that when he does (I'm going to be optimistic here), the fans in the building let him know that we're glad to have him here.

Ari91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.