HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who is now expendable?

Old
07-06-2011, 06:42 AM
CellarDweller0

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -DeMo- View Post
so say Schenn breaks his foot while blocking a shot and goes down for 40 games your going to be ok with having Holzer/Gysbers/Lashoff replace him for those games? because I sure am not. and then what if it gets worse and a 2nd dmen goes down for 20 of those games now you have 2 of those guys in your lineup yea not good. having 7 NHL defensemen is the way to go so no Komi shouldn't be let go.
If you want to talk what *could* happen then I could say that someone could, offer a player for Komi + that is a D-Man that would takeover his minutes and be just as effective or better (or marginally less) for less $.

I mean if you want to talk about what COULD happen then the possibilities are endless really. My point is that right now as a 7th D-Man he is more of an asset for a trade than an integral player of the D-Core. If you think otherwise then we just don't see eye-to-eye.

CellarDweller0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 07:05 AM
sk8turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafssss View Post
After the recent moves that have been made (Liles, Connolly, Franson, Lombardi) I was just wondering who you guys think is now expendable. Personally I think these players may now be traded:

Grabovski
Lupul (if someone wants him)
Komisarek (again, if someone wants him)
One of our young defenders (Gardiner/Gunnarsson)
Kadri/Colborne

Would anyone be inclined to make a deal around something like Grabovski + Kadri + Komisarek + 1st for Stastny + prospect (like Tyson Barrie?) and then making a run at Zach Parise next offseason?
Lombardi isn't even playing.

Franson is a bottom pairing defender.

Liles is a worse version of Kaberle.

Connolly hasn't played a full since for like a decade.

I would rather have any of the guys you've listed over any of these new signings.

sk8turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 07:12 AM
robdicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CellarDweller0 View Post
If you want to talk what *could* happen then I could say that someone could, offer a player for Komi + that is a D-Man that would takeover his minutes and be just as effective or better (or marginally less) for less $.

I mean if you want to talk about what COULD happen then the possibilities are endless really. My point is that right now as a 7th D-Man he is more of an asset for a trade than an integral player of the D-Core. If you think otherwise then we just don't see eye-to-eye.
It is much more likely that we have a d-man injured than it is for us to trade a 4.5 mil player w 3 years remaining that is probably worth 2 mil for anything that would improve the team.

robdicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 07:13 AM
maplehawk
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8turtle View Post

I would rather have any of the guys you've listed over any of these new signings.
please people don't respond to this. theres enough threads full of *****ing and moaning already.

just act like it never happened.

starting now

__________________________________________________ ______

maplehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 08:27 AM
Blueblood

Why not let this team play a few games together before deciding who is expendable !

Blueblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 09:01 AM
CellarDweller0

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdicks View Post
It is much more likely that we have a d-man injured than it is for us to trade a 4.5 mil player w 3 years remaining that is probably worth 2 mil for anything that would improve the team.
One D-man sure...two is less likely BUT regardless of that fact, there are teams with all kinds if different issues that could trade for Komi and it be worth our while. Did you ever think someone would take Lebda? Different situation sure, but that doesn't mean there isn't a team willing to make the trade where we would benefit. Teams are still trying to reach the cap floor or are weak on D and willing to pay for Komi. Besides, it's only this year Komi gets paid over his cap hit, after that he gets paid under.

CellarDweller0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 09:07 AM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Komisarek is expendable but it's only because of depth.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 09:37 AM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Im willing to give Komi one more season to prove his worth. Its not like his signing was out of the blue. Many considered him a legitimate top pairing D-man when he signed his contract, but the injuries have destroyed that image.
Problem is, who is your odd man out?

Phaneuf/Aulie
Schenn/Liles
Gunner/Franson

Komi....and you still have Lashoff and Gardiner not to far off.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 09:41 AM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8turtle View Post

Oh...so we should have gotten Richards (even though he clearly didn't want to be here)
Bogo or Weber should easily be gotten.
How about Stamkos or Stastny???

Time for a reality check my good man: Burke HAS improved the team at very little cost. Not all players can be had.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 09:41 AM
Augustus

Komi's BIG contract and little performance level would seem to make his contract difficult to trade.

But -- -- he can be "fingered" to the Marlies.

Augustus is offline   Reply With Quote