Notices

Hagman to STL

Old
07-07-2011, 01:27 AM
Xelstyle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flames123 View Post
And who fits on the 1st line? Nobody. I think we should go after BMO for short and cheap.

Honestly I think Stajan will end up playing the majority on that line. If he can win FO's like he has in the past that allows Tangs and Iggy to posses the puck and he is very competent two way and still have skill. Even Lanks might work. Remember he scored 70 points. 50 points playing with Iggy and Tangs is not unrealistic, however it will more likely be under 40.
Just curious what your definition of competent is...

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 01:34 AM
Backlund

vCash: 50
Quote:
And who fits on the 1st line? Nobody. I think we should go after BMO for short and cheap.

Honestly I think Stajan will end up playing the majority on that line. If he can win FO's like he has in the past that allows Tangs and Iggy to posses the puck and he is very competent two way and still have skill. Even Lanks might work. Remember he scored 70 points. 50 points playing with Iggy and Tangs is not unrealistic, however it will more likely be under 40.
BMo was great last year but I doubt he can do it again. Its time to let Backlund take over. I know most people are reluctant to put him on the first line but its his job to lose. Stajan & Jokinen don't work well with Iggy and Tanguay and I doubt Langkow will be able to perform to 1st line standards. Backlund last year showed that he can be our number 1 center and unless he under performs or someone steals the job from him then I expect the job to be his.

Backlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 10:05 AM
The Gnome

Quote:

My reasoning is that Backlund is young and has a high ceiling imo. Putting him with our 2 best players is going to pay dividends in his development. Not only that, he showed at the end of last season (when players are starting to peak) that he can play on our top line.

If stajan goes anywhere near the first line I will puke. If he earns it out of camp, great. But I don't see it happening.

I could honestly see Langkow working out on the top line if he returns to form. But he also posses the ability to create plays on his own and lead a line. He can play a good bottom six role because of his tenacity and grit. Backlund on the other hand looks weak in the bottom six. He needs to be playing with skill to be a true impact player on our roster. Backlund is a skilled, smart, savey playmaker when he has confidence. The 1st line role should be his to lose at the start of the season. The reason we didn't make the PO's last year is that Stajan/Jokinen played the 1st 20 games (appx) of the year on the first line. It was a horrible experiment, that cost us the season (obviously not the only reason).

Tangauy-Backlund-Iginla
Glencross-Jokinen-Moss
Hagman-Stajan-Bourque
Kosotopolous-Langkow-Jackman

PS. I would love for BMo to come back healthy. But I don't see Feaster signing him

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 10:54 AM
Xelstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
Hagman-Stajan-Bourque
Kosotopolous-Langkow-Jackman

PS. I would love for BMo to come back healthy. But I don't see Feaster signing him
Can't argue with the top two. I think the bottom 2 centers (Stajan/Langkow) really just depends on what kind of performance they show out of camp. Stajan could certainly be an "adequate" center for Bourque with Hagman busting his ass all over the ice, but Langkow might be the guy I want instead for Bourque.

Old
07-07-2011, 11:16 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelstyle View Post
Can't argue with the top two. I think the bottom 2 centers (Stajan/Langkow) really just depends on what kind of performance they show out of camp. Stajan could certainly be an "adequate" center for Bourque with Hagman busting his ass all over the ice, but Langkow might be the guy I want instead for Bourque.
What I really want to see...Or hoping for I guess.

Tanguay-Backlund-Iginla
Semin-Langkow-Neimisz
Glencross-Jokinen-Moss
Kostopolous-Byron-Jackman

I'm hoping Hagman is dumped for a 2nd (I know value isn't right, but it would sure be nice to get the 2012 back).

Stajan loses his roster spot because Byron comes out of the gate like a man possesed. Neimisz shows he's ready to be in the NHL, his skating has improved.

Bourque is traded for Semin. Funny, the rumor mill says WSH/CGY were talking at the draft. Then you hear rumbles about CGY going for Backstrom, which is a pipe dream. They should take the risk with Semin's attitude (Sutter should help). Great offense is obvious, but last year he truely showed great defensive awarness and PK abilities. He showed up in the POs too.

Although this is all just wishful thinking.

Old
07-07-2011, 11:29 AM
Xelstyle

Quote:

Bourque is traded for Semin. Funny, the rumor mill says WSH/CGY were talking at the draft. Then you hear rumbles about CGY going for Backstrom, which is a pipe dream. They should take the risk with Semin's attitude (Sutter should help). Great offense is obvious, but last year he truely showed great defensive awarness and PK abilities. He showed up in the POs too.

Although this is all just wishful thinking.
Hey, can't complain about hoping for the best.
Is there really so much of an attitude problem for Semin though? Just seems that the root came from him not getting enough pressure by the coaching staff to improve/produce even more than he can and thus losing interest at times.

Still though...big leap for Neimisz.

Old
07-07-2011, 11:31 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelstyle View Post
Hey, can't complain about hoping for the best.
Is there really so much of an attitude problem for Semin though? Just seems that the root came from him not getting enough pressure by the coaching staff to improve/produce even more than he can and thus losing interest at times.

Still though...big leap for Neimisz.
I really just don't want to breakup the bottom six. I'm just hoping for anyone other then Stajan to fill the RW spot. I don't think Stajan is a good fit for this team at all, here's to hoping for him to rebound (which is more likely then Neimisz playing in the top six)

Old
07-07-2011, 05:22 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
Not me. I won't be sad to see Hagman go, but I'd rather have him here over Stajan any day.
Totally agree on that. HAgman is a pending UFA after this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacklundtoBartschi View Post
At least we will probably beat St.Louis in the Western Conference, hopefully giving us a better pick then the one we gave to the Sabres.
My thoughts entirely. Florida might need salary to hit the floor??? That pick would be like a late first rounder...

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:23 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
I really just don't want to breakup the bottom six. I'm just hoping for anyone other then Stajan to fill the RW spot. I don't think Stajan is a good fit for this team at all, here's to hoping for him to rebound (which is more likely then Neimisz playing in the top six)
True but I am hoping for Nemisz in the bottom six and Stajan out.... as I am sure many others are

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:40 PM
3rdEye
@HawnzDynasty

I would do Hagman + Chucko for a 5th.

3rdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
I would do Hagman + Chucko for a 5th.
Did Chucko re-sign?

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 06:20 PM
3rdEye
@HawnzDynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Did Chucko re-sign?
Ahh no I don't think so and I don't think he's coming back.

Basically Hagman + [our worst prospect] for a 4th/5th.

3rdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 10:45 PM
neo45

I really wasn't a fan of Hagman's style of play in Calgary so far, too many hero attempts to beat the defense without using his teammates. Resulted in constant turnovers. That being said I am surprised he is so unwanted in the league, you think a team in the east would have taken a chance on him given the numbers he put up in TO. Hopefully the Flames can move him, the expiring contract should help.

Not a fit here at all, although I do like his work ethic and hustle. He is also good for a beauty goal every 10 or so games, like the one against San Jose.

neo45 is offline   Reply With Quote