HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Timander re-signs, 2 year deal

Closed Thread

Old
08-12-2004, 12:32 PM
Rex88

vCash: 500
Timander re-signs, 2 year deal

Timander has signed for two years per Flyers website.
Good depth signing.

http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/pr...chive/1697.asp

Old
08-12-2004, 03:10 PM
FlyerFire

definitely

I'm glad that got cleared up.What about Malakov(sp)?

Old
08-12-2004, 03:24 PM
FearTheFlyers

W00T

Old
08-12-2004, 09:30 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5602
Comcast said he avoided arbitration so that should have inidicated he always had 100% interest in coming back next season

Old
08-12-2004, 10:30 PM
FearTheFlyers

So what kind of projection are we looking at for Timander?

8 goals
22 Assists
30 points

???

Old
08-12-2004, 11:28 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSpeedOnly

8 goals
22 Assists
30 points

???

he will be lucky to even get 22 points being on the 3rd pairing at the very most. but this is most definitly a solid depth signing.

Old
08-13-2004, 06:55 AM
Rex88

Philly inquirer stated he signed for less than the qual offer - still cannot find the numbers even at NHLPA.
The 30 point thing is moot - he just needs to play solid in his end, physical in front, and look for a + rating. If he gets 15 points but does the other things, that is OK.

Old
08-13-2004, 11:43 AM
Dr Love

My only concern is that what we saw last year was an abberation--that coming over towards the end of the season to a top team got the juices flowing and what we saw wasn't the real Timmander. He played his ass off, far exceeding our expectations. Some timely goals (I believe his was the difference in a playoff game against NJ), some nice timely big hits. But then I realize A) he's only a 6/7 dman, and most importantly B) he's not Chris Therien.

Old
08-13-2004, 12:01 PM
Rex88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
My only concern is that what we saw last year was an abberation--that coming over towards the end of the season to a top team got the juices flowing and what we saw wasn't the real Timmander. He played his ass off, far exceeding our expectations. Some timely goals (I believe his was the difference in a playoff game against NJ), some nice timely big hits. But then I realize A) he's only a 6/7 dman, and most importantly B) he's not Chris Therien.

The thing is that this squad should have depth enough to sit him if his play slacks, thus keeping his ass to the fire for good play.

Old
08-13-2004, 01:55 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSpeedOnly

8 goals
22 Assists
30 points

???
erm... who knows if he's gonna be in the top 6.

at the moment you got Desjardins, Markov, Johnsson, Ragnarsson, Pitkanen, Seidenberg, Malakhov(if he signs), and now Timander.

He strikes me as the seventh guy if Seids comes back and plays well. They want to get him in the lineup I think, and he brings a lot to the table on the other side of the blue line that Timander doesn't, Seids can work the PP as the point shooter(which we need) as well. If Malakhov comes back there is zero chance that either Seids, or Timander are going to see much time at all... One of them will be definite trade bait next year if that happens.

Old
08-13-2004, 07:22 PM
Flyr_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
erm... who knows if he's gonna be in the top 6.

at the moment you got Desjardins, Markov, Johnsson, Ragnarsson, Pitkanen, Seidenberg, Malakhov(if he signs), and now Timander.

He strikes me as the seventh guy if Seids comes back and plays well. They want to get him in the lineup I think, and he brings a lot to the table on the other side of the blue line that Timander doesn't, Seids can work the PP as the point shooter(which we need) as well. If Malakhov comes back there is zero chance that either Seids, or Timander are going to see much time at all... One of them will be definite trade bait next year if that happens.
I have 2 words about this signing...Pure Eeeevil!! Glad to see it happened. About the quoting, now that we have Timander locked up who needs Malakhov? I mean he is old and overpaid anyway, like an old Chris Pronger really. I think Seidenberg and Pitkanen will be gunning for the sixth spot.

Old
08-14-2004, 12:19 AM
flyersrock1

Hope they see him as #7

Old
08-16-2004, 09:19 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyr_Fan
I think Seidenberg and Pitkanen will be gunning for the sixth spot.
Pitkanen WILL be in the top 6 w/out question. He's better than both in offensive play, and he isn't going to get better defensively by not playing. A decision might be necessary for playoff hockey, but Pitkanen got to play all of last year, and especially in the beginning of the year, was very strong. He's got some work to do in terms of dealing with the strength of NHL forwards and his positioning, but he's clearly the better of those two.

The battle will be between Seids and Timander, assuming Malakhov doesn't sign. However, Clarke has already said he's going to try and sign Malakhov(i don't know why, i would rather see Seids get PT). Timander doesn't affect that seemingly since he was always going to try and re-sign him I believe. Though, this may be a sign that Clarkie doesn't think he is going to be able to get Malakhov back.

Closed Thread