HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Who's your favorite Habs player

View Poll Results: Who's your favorite Habs player
Mike Cammalleri 15 5.32%
Carey Price 57 20.21%
PK Subban 81 28.72%
Andrei Kostitsyn 18 6.38%
Tomas Plekanec 23 8.16%
Brian Gionta 4 1.42%
Andrei Markov 38 13.48%
Scott Gomez 3 1.06%
Max Pacioretty 13 4.61%
Hal Gill 3 1.06%
Josh Gorges 10 3.55%
Lars Eller 13 4.61%
Ryan White 1 0.35%
David Deharnais 3 1.06%
Voters: 282. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-06-2011, 07:20 PM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

vCash: 500
Despite my name, I'm having a hard time not putting P.K. first. For now, Pleks still has the upper hand by a turtleneck.

Top 5:

1. Plekanec
2. Subban
3. Eller
4. Pacioretty
5. Price

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
I just have to ask this... How many of you who voted for Carey Price as your favorite player had him as your favorite player two years ago? I doubt more than a quarter of you did.
I understand that your calling out the bandwagon jumpers, but what's the point?

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Shadyone33

This almost isn't fair, I don't know if I have a 1 and a 2, I think I have a 1a and a 1b when it comes to Price and Subban. I went with the Subbanator as we share the same hometown.

Shadyone33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Lafleurr

Quote:
I just have to ask this... How many of you who voted for Carey Price as your favorite player had him as your favorite player two years ago? I doubt more than a quarter of you did.
I'll speak for myself, I just started watching hockey about a year ago. When we had Halak. and when they boo'd Price at the beginning of this year without even giving him a chance I thought it was quite silly.

Lafleurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Skarjak

Quote:
I did! Man, I was so pissed at the reaction Price got when he lifted his arms up in the air like Roy that I almost gave up on the team. I was totally with him since the very beginning. I argued last year with everybody I knew that Price would be the best and that Halak was the one we should trade. I would probably have started watching Price's next team play had he been traded.

So I got to enjoy watching a lot of people eat crow this year.

I actually gave my grandfather a Price T-shirt for Christmas. He was one of the doubters.

Skarjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 08:49 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Hopefully pleks gets some love, but I, myself, can't put him ahead of PK.
Its OK. I voted for him.

He has one of the sweetest shots in the League.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 09:00 PM
Lafleurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarjak View Post
I actually gave my grandfather a Price T-shirt for Christmas. He was one of the doubters.
Nice.

Lafleurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 09:10 PM
Protest the Hero

I would've had Price two years ago, maybe Markov, last year I would've had Cammy, this year it's Subban. Mostly just has to do with who's most talented/most fun to watch.

My actual favourites list would be long, so if I'm voting for one, it's obvious.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 09:17 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Price in second place. I wonder how many would have voted that way a year ago. The wind must have changed direction...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 09:23 PM
76ftw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarjak View Post
I did! Man, I was so pissed at the reaction Price got when he lifted his arms up in the air like Roy that I almost gave up on the team. I was totally with him since the very beginning. I argued last year with everybody I knew that Price would be the best and that Halak was the one we should trade. I would probably have started watching Price's next team play had he been traded.

So I got to enjoy watching a lot of people eat crow this year.

This. I was a huge Price lover forever, even in 2009 when we got swept, and last year when we kept him ahead of Halak, I did a dance around my living room while refreshing HF haha.

76ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 09:24 PM
Bobby G

Sakuuu

Bobby G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 09:26 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Didn't vote...

I like the whole damn team.

Especially when they are playing to win...

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 09:36 PM
yianik

Picked Markov because not only is he an exceptional player, but the guy is of high character in that he is into the game and plays hard. He gives the effort consistently and goes about his play in a business like no drama way .It also means something to me that he genuinely likes the team, city and wants to retire a Hab, and I hope he does.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 09:39 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

My two favorites are subban and eller, I voted eller cuz I knew he'd need some more love. This time next year, his votes will have atleast doubled

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 10:16 PM
JustAHabFan

Subban or Price? The decsion goes to PK Subban.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 10:27 PM
Fatguy266

1.Tomas Plekanec
2.Lars Eller
3.Markov
4.Subban
5.Pacioretty/Price

I like everyone in the team so this was a hard list to make.

Fatguy266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 10:42 PM
HockeyF3ind

PK Subban!

When I clicked this thread I wasn't sure then I saw his name and thought "oh well, duh".

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 11:05 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
too many. i haven't liked a habs lineup like i do now in many, many, many years...

my favorite is probably desharnais. plays like he's 6'3. isn't afraid of anybody, smart player, basically, the perfect underdog.

now, subban and price are probably the best bromance in the league and it's hard as a fan to not enjoy their antics. price with the b-boy stance, subban with the celebrations and the chirpiness

and you can see pacioretty has the same kind of swagger. the little shove on chara, the monster hits he dished out, although it did end up badly, showed you the kind of player he is and i hope he comes back the same.

tomas jagr is too gansta for his own good

cammy the consummate professional. i mean, the guy doesn't even celebrate his own goals!

akost, the aloof freight train. he'll flatten somebody, then skate away like nothing happened, like he was driving and just happened to run into a fly. and his smile when he score: priceless i get puck, i make goal!

white is slowly turning into a favorite as well. the way he jumped boychuck after the 'accidental' knee-on-knee with subban was glorious. then, in the penalty box, he made sure to give boychuck, a big 'ole smile. very chippy as well

and to top it off, you have grandpa gill

too many characters

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 11:27 PM
Tricolore#20

Plekanec for me. Hardest working player on the ice, does not get enough credit for his work.

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 01:06 AM
Dharvey33

Captain Gionta deserves some love he is the most intense player on the ice at every shifts and work his ass of like a warrior every game.

He is not my fav habs but he deserves a lot more votes than 2 IMO. He is our player with the most heart easily and guess what he got some decent skills too.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 01:42 AM
MasterD

Picked Subban, because I think we have similar personnalities.. he's a very smart guy who gets hated for his "my way or the highway" attitude.. I often get similar results in my life for having a similar approach to people/situations, but I usually end up the winner. I see him being just the same.

2nd would have to be Markov, just because I he is so damn talented, his vision is INSANE! I became a fan of the team right when we drafted him, and honestly I've loved him from the very beginning, always thought he was showing flashes of brilliance, even when he was behind Souray/Rivet/Brisebois and all the other guys...

3. would probably be Price. I do not realte to him at all, because I have an exuberant and very self-confident personnality while Price mostly seems to keep to himself, but I have to say he has insane talent and potential. Even when he was in his lows, when he was benched by Carbonneau, during the "darkest day in habs history", during last year, I always knew/thought he was the goaltender of the future... But I'll admit for a while last year I thought it might happen somewhere else. I was SO HAPPY when I heard Halak had been traded, I spent the whole winter telling people they were wrong to think he was done.

4. Tie between Cammalleri and Plekanec... Cammy is the flashiest of them, great shooter, while Pleks is a very usefull, all around good player. Unfortunately, Pleks doesn't have that one great ability, or the flashy personnality for me to be in love with him... He's bvery effective on the ice, but kind of boring at the same time.

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 02:05 AM
Thierrynski

For me its the young guys and Cammy.

1. PK: I got his t-shirt when he was still in Hamilton, I had seen him play at the WJC and I knew the guy was our future. I remember last year at the start of the playoffs we had a day at school where we could wear habs gear, I wore my PK t-shirt and everyone was like who is this guy, why would you waste money on a shirt of a guy who doesnt even play for us. I told them wait for next year, you'll see why I got it. In the end we just had to wait until game 6 to see what kind of talent this kid was.

2. Eller, I live in Singapore and I am currently on my way to MTL, I need to buy an Eller t-shirt. The guy is just too good! I love him.

3. Price, I've always supported him, always wanted him to play over Huet and Halak. I knew we made the right choice by keeping him over Halak.

4. Cammy, I've loved this guy for ever. I love watching the kings play so ive know cammy for a while. When he got traded to Calgary I was dissapointed because I thought he'd be a good fit. I was overjoyed when he signed 1 year later.

5. Pac, I have to admit thats his first few appearances in the league dissapointed me but last year, WOW! The guy was all over the place, cant wait for next year!

I also really love Kostitsyn

Thierrynski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 02:09 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

for one reason, and one reason only. Spacek... the funniest of them all in the "get to know" vids.

that deserves some lovin!

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 02:14 AM
Krnage

Mr Classless

Krnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 02:42 AM
Gore Habs Go