HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Lecavalier to Toronto???

Old
07-05-2011, 09:07 AM
Sundinisagod
the tank is real

vCash: 500
Lecavalier to Toronto???

What would be a fair price for Vinny Lecav? Vinny has played better recently, not really 7+ million good but has been looking more like a #1 center recently. His contract is not great but it's not the worst one out there either. I think Tampa would have to take Komisarek back to make it work financially...then Toronto would have to add something to that, what I have no idea...it wouldn't be too much considering Vinnny's contract, injuries, mediocre past few seasons etc...

Vinny for Komisarek + _________ ???

Sundinisagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 09:10 AM
IdealisticSniper

No trade with TB has Komi coming bac. PERIOD.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 09:12 AM
hatterson
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Send a message via Skype™ to hatterson
Put down the drugs, you've had far too much.

What on earth makes you think that Komisarek would be the main piece going back in a trade for Vinny?

Unless the empty plus you left is for Kadri and another big piece, it's not happening.

hatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 09:21 AM
Bruinsfan63

Tampa is already deep with D it would be around the lines of

Kadri+Draft pick+ something else (an NHLer forward)

Bruinsfan63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 09:23 AM
Sundinisagod
the tank is real

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatterson View Post
Put down the drugs, you've had far too much.

What on earth makes you think that Komisarek would be the main piece going back in a trade for Vinny?

Unless the empty plus you left is for Kadri and another big piece, it's not happening.
I did not say that Komisarek is the main thing going back, but I think Burke would make Tampa take Komi back to make it work salary wise...the main peice is the fill in the blank part.

I think Lecav has a cap hit 7.37 for another 8 years and Komi 4.5 for 3 years...correct me if I'm wrong.

Old
07-05-2011, 09:24 AM
Sundinisagod
the tank is real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan63 View Post
Tampa is already deep with D it would be around the lines of

Kadri+Draft pick+ something else (an NHLer forward)
What about Kadri and C-Mac?

Old
theIceWookie
#LeafHysteriaAlert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Corbeau View Post
What would be a fair price for Vinny Lecav? Vinny has played better recently, not really 7+ million good but has been looking more like a #1 center recently. His contract is not great but it's not the worst one out there either. I think Tampa would have to take Komisarek back to make it work financially...then Toronto would have to add something to that, what I have no idea...it wouldn't be too much considering Vinnny's contract, injuries, mediocre past few seasons etc...

Vinny for Komisarek + _________ ???
We could fit Vinny without sending Komisarek back. If Tampa is moving Vinny, they would be doing so to lose that contract and to show Stamkos that the Lighting are his. No chance would they take Komisarek back. Moving Vinny would likely be to gain some flexibility within the roster. They aren't exactly in desperate need of cutting cap space.

theIceWookie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

With Richards now signed long term, there are no more #1 center available, pretty much all are signed long term. Teams will have to pay a premium to get him even with that contract. But oh man, if Lecavalier waives his NTC to go to the Leafs, he will be killed in Quebec lol.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 09:25 AM
TOML

Yeah it was only a matter of time before this came up again.

I suppose TB needs a partner eventually.

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
theIceWookie
#LeafHysteriaAlert

Quote:
What about Kadri and C-Mac?
At the very least they would need an NHL proven center coming back. Like Grabovski.

Old
GardinerExpressway

I don't think the OP meant that Komi would be the main piece, just that he'd have to be on the move to make the salary work. That being said, others are right the TBay doesn't need defensemen so that starting point really doesn't kick anything into gear even if we were to add significant upside beyond him. All Lecavalier's bad contract does is lower his asking price not allow a trade of bad contracts.

GardinerExpressway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 09:27 AM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
With Richards now signed long term, there are no more #1 center available, pretty much all are signed long term. Teams will have to pay a premium to get him even with that contract. But oh man, if Lecavalier waives his NTC to go to the Leafs, he will be killed in Quebec lol.
?

Just like the 'premium' we paid for Franson?

In case you missed the last month of transactions - teams don't pay premiums for taking on cap dumps. Just ask Brian Campbell.

dubplatepressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 09:27 AM
Sundinisagod
the tank is real

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinnishKulemin View Post
We could fit Vinny without sending Komisarek back. If Tampa is moving Vinny, they would be doing so to lose that contract and to show Stamkos that the Lighting are his. No chance would they take Komisarek back. Moving Vinny would likely be to gain some flexibility within the roster. They aren't exactly in desperate need of cutting cap space.
I think Vinny would be a tight fit this season if we don't send some kind of salary back...but I think a C-Mac salary would be enough.

Old
07-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

starts with Grabo and Kadri....

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 09:29 AM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
At the very least they would need an NHL proven center coming back. Like Grabovski.
Man... you guys are really out of your mind if you think that Toronto would give a proven Grabovski for Lecavelier... hasn't this all been done too many times?

Toronto offers: nothing
Tampa must give: Lecavalier
Tampa fans' response: hatred and anger
Toronto fans' response: indifference

/done

Give it up. We aren't offering them anything for Vinny, and that's why he isn't coming here.

Old
07-05-2011, 09:33 AM
theIceWookie
#LeafHysteriaAlert

Quote:
I think Vinny would be a tight fit this season if we don't send some kind of salary back...but I think a C-Mac salary would be enough.
Well obviously salary would have to be sent back. Like I said above, a center has to be going back. Grabo would be that guy (Connolly just signed, he won't be traded). Lombardi won't be on the team so that helps. He hasn't even gotten back to normal everyday life 9 months after his concussion, its unlikely he will be playing ready come the start of the season.

Old
07-05-2011, 09:35 AM
REM17

vCash: 300
Why do you need Vinnie when you get Stamkos via offersheet? (e4)

to center Parise?

REM17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 09:35 AM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

It just never really ends does it?

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 09:36 AM
theIceWookie
#LeafHysteriaAlert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post
Man... you guys are really out of your mind if you think that Toronto would give a proven Grabovski for Lecavelier... hasn't this all been done too many times?

/done

Give it up. We aren't offering them anything for Vinny, and that's why he isn't coming here.
I'm a Leafs fan bud. If we were bringing in a center, we have too many. Grabovski isn't a third line center, and we didn't sign Connolly for that either. Bringing in Vinny would make Grabovski expendable. Trading him the other would only make sense.

Vinny does has some value still. It wouldn't be full value that some fans say it would but there would have to be value going to other way.

Old
07-05-2011, 09:36 AM
Leafssss

Way to overvalue Vinny. Sure he's a great player, a 60-70 point guy still, but what happens when he declines and we're stuck with his 7.7M cap hit for another 5 years?

My only offer for Vinny would be:

Komisarek + Grabovski + 2nd + B Level Prospect for Vinny + Connolly.

Flame me all you want, I look at Lecavalier's contract and I really want no part of it.

Leafssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 09:39 AM
theIceWookie
#LeafHysteriaAlert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafssss View Post
Way to overvalue Vinny. Sure he's a great player, a 60-70 point guy still, but what happens when he declines and we're stuck with his 7.7M cap hit for another 5 years?

My only offer for Vinny would be:

Komisarek + Grabovski + 2nd + B Level Prospect for Vinny + Connolly.

Flame me all you want, I look at Lecavalier's contract and I really want no part of it.
If the last few days have taught us anything, its that a contract can be dealt with later in its life. Who cares about 5 years down the road. Vinny makes the Leafs better in the next three years.

Old
07-05-2011, 09:41 AM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
I'm a Leafs fan bud. If we were bringing in a center, we have too many. Grabovski isn't a third line center, and we didn't sign Connolly for that either. Bringing in Vinny would make Grabovski expendable. Trading him the other would only make sense.

Vinny does has some value still. It wouldn't be full value that some fans say it would but there would have to be value going to other way.
That's fine, but with that contract there won't be ANY VALUE going the other way.

I'll benchmark the B. Campbell trade - he was traded for Olesz, a guy Florida couldn't WAIT to get rid of. Basically Chicago got nothing for him. Why? His contract.

Same applies for Vinny. Is it unfortunate? Yes.

C'est La Vie.

Old
07-05-2011, 09:42 AM
Maximus74

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post

/done

This...

VL is an ALBATROSS hanging over Tampa for the next decade... You will not get any meaningful assests back for his contract...

Leaf fans that would give up good assets for VL on that contract are clueless. He is still a good hockey player, BUT he has a 7.7 million cap hit for the next 9 seasons.... His value is severely impacted by his contract... He is being paid like a top 10 but is no longer top 10 - he hasn't been for years.

IF he is moved, don't expect much...

Maximus74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 09:43 AM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
If the last few days have taught us anything, its that a contract can be dealt with later in its life. Who cares about 5 years down the road. Vinny makes the Leafs better in the next three years.
Ahh - this is where our conversation ends.

This is EXACTLY the opposite mentality than we should be taking. Are we going to win a cup in 3 years? No. So why the hell would we throw caution to the wind 4 years down the road to improve this year? Makes NO sense.

Good day sir.

Old
07-05-2011, 09:43 AM
KiwiPuck217

Not a chance we would trade any significant asset back to Tampa...
10 more years at 7.8mil cap hit? No way Burke takes back this kind of contract.

KiwiPuck217 is offline   Reply With Quote