HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Condra signs 2yr deal

Old
07-07-2011, 08:15 AM
Lenny the Lynx

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWP View Post
when is the first lesson? where do i sign up? and how much does it cost? (i hope i can afford it. i don't have a lot of money)

can you just put one of these, before the first lesson post so we don't miss it? cool
This is also probably because you didn't go to college. Don't worry friend, 'the teacher' is going to take care of you.

Lenny the Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 08:16 AM
Patvolcom65
@Patvolcom65

W00t now our team have stamina! Stanley cup where we come

Patvolcom65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 10:31 AM
jbeck5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle747 View Post
Disagree. We're rebuilding the Oilers/Islanders way. Detroit inserts players into a winning team, maximizing their chances for success.

We are also planning on having players like Filitov in the lineup - without proving themselves in preseason. That's not forcing them to earn a spot.

Not sure how much choice we have - I suspect our owner has money concerns - but in no way are we using the Detroit model.
We're not rebuilding the islanders/oilers way. They've had 18 year olds make their lineup recently. Detroit would never do that, and we seem to not be doing that. Filatov's case is unique. He is 21,not 18 or 19.former top 6 pick. He's already played 44 games and our roster is crappy enough that he makes it. He has to be ready soon or else he'll never be ready. If he doesn't perform, he's gone. Lately, all the rookies we've had are in their early to mid 20s, have proven themselves at lower levels, and haven't stuck into the lineup until they produce. That is the detroit way of things. Throw in the fact we just got our head coach from detroit. I don't think it's hard to believe that we're following detroit in almost every way, except for toughness.

I like how you say "players like filatov"...only filatov is expected to make it from non 1-way contracts and he's no 18-19 year old so i don't get what your point is. There aren't other players like filatov who are going to make the team yet you say it like there's several.

*The only kid i recall playing is lehner, and that was a ****ED UP situation where we had 3 goalies injured. He's clearly going back to the AHL to learn.

jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Smeddy
Intangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
do you think butler would play good on the left wing?
IIRC, he played LW on his first stint in Ottawa this year, and he wasn't that great. He really hit his stride when he was a RW. Even when he was LW I remember him trying to move to RW during his plays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post

I assume you didn't go to college... it's a lot worse than this but at the same time, you get a lot farther in your reflexion. Information is the power.

I'm not into the fooling around much, I'm here to learn and teach hockey, you are free to read or not. I'm sure some people do appreciate it

bow down to the almighty college goer. We are not worthy.

Smeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Indy on the Road
From the ground up

I looked for for a player named Aondra in hockeydb. I think someone has been misinformed.

Indy on the Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 11:37 AM
Senacus Maximus
AlfSilferssonScores

Quote:

I assume you didn't go to college... it's a lot worse than this but at the same time, you get a lot farther in your reflexion. Information is the power.

I'm not into the fooling around much, I'm here to learn and teach hockey, you are free to read or not. I'm sure some people do appreciate it
The problem is the wall of text factor you have going on. Most people are turned off by a overly long post and decide not to read them.

Maybe you should stop making assumptions. You know what they say about assumptions; although, I guess they didn't teach you that in college.

Senacus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 11:56 AM
mcnorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenacusMaximus View Post
The problem is the wall of text factor you have going on. Most people are turned off by a overly long post and decide not to read them.

Maybe you should stop making assumptions. You know what they say about assumptions; although, I guess they didn't teach you that in college.
The post isn't really that long. There's a lot of cut and paste in it.

Actually, that's a lot like college.

mcnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 12:10 PM
Smeddy
Intangibles

Quote:
The Fuhr, Theo Huxtable, SensJersey11... posters with a lot of experience but...

Let's take a look at the real situation

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Colin Greening ($0.816m) / Jason Spezza ($7.000m) / Milan Michalek ($4.333m)
Nick Foligno ($1.200m) / Peter Regin ($1.000m) / Daniel Alfredsson ($4.875m)
Zack Smith ($0.700m) / Jesse Winchester ($0.750m) / Erik Condra ($0.625m)
/ Zenon Konopka ($0.700m) / Chris Neil ($2.000m)

DEFENSEMEN
Chris Phillips ($3.083m) / Brian Lee ($0.875m)
Sergei Gonchar ($5.500m) / Filip Kuba ($3.700m)
Matt Carkner ($0.700m)

GOALTENDERS
Craig Anderson ($3.187m) / Alex Auld ($1.000m)

BUYOUTS: Jonathan Cheechoo ($1.166m) / Daniel Alfredsson ($0.700m) / Ray Emery ($0.562m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $44,475,000; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (18-man roster): $19,825,000

11 Forwards, 5 D-men and 2 goalies are actually SIGNED

3 Forward spots and 2 Defense spots available because since the team has so many cap space available, we will carry 23 players most of the season (14 FW, 7 D, 2 G)

On defense, we're full with Karlsson, Rundblad, Cowen, Wiercioch, Gryba and Borowiecki on 2-way contracts. Those guys easily fill the 2 spots available and we might trade Kuba and/or Carkner because there's many options

On offense, we'll see what happens with Zibanejad, if he makes the team and get a contract but until then, there's a lot of guys fighting for jobs, but not really for bottom-6 jobs; more for top-6 or top-9 jobs.

Filatov, Da Costa, Petersson and Butler will fight for top-6/top-9 spots, but not only for the camp, for all season because if they don't perform, someone else will get an opportunity.

* IMO, Wick and Daugavins are done with the organization, took too much time to develop and now there's too many prospects with more potential and skill/speed/size/shot for them to have a realistic chance... Not saying it's impossible but it would take an incredible training camp.

** Another point : I don't think O'Brien is entirely NHL ready so he might be better to keep another year in the AHL so he could play a more important role. Same with Caporusso, Grant and Hoffman. It's their time to shine in the AHL

*** Silfverberg will stay in Sweden this year so no need to worry about him now.

**** Hamilton, Cowick, Cannone, Dziurzynski are AHL bound for now and maybe won't ever make the NHL

***** Locke and Lessard are AHL players but have 2 ways contracts because they are veterans (incentive) and can be called-up when there is a situation like last year (massive injuries and sale at the Trade Deadline)

CONCLUSION :

Filatov, Da Costa, Petersson and Butler (and Z-Bad if he makes it) will be fighting with all the other forwards not named Spezza/Alfredsson/Michalek to bump them down the chart. The more of those 4 prospects make it, the more it will be hard for guys like Winchester to keep and NHL job.

-------------------------------------------------------

IMO, Z-Bad stays 1 more year in the SEL, Da Costa plays most of the season in the AHL but Butler and Petersson make the team.

So, IMO, this will be roughly our line-up this upcoming season :

FORWARDS
Nikita Filatov ($2.195m) / Jason Spezza ($7.000m) / Milan Michalek ($4.333m)
Andre Petersson ($0.730m) / Peter Regin ($1.000m) / Daniel Alfredsson ($4.875m)
Nick Foligno ($1.200m) / Zack Smith ($0.700m) / Bobby Butler ($0.900m)
Colin Greening ($0.816m) / Zenon Konopka ($0.700m) / Chris Neil ($2.000m)
Jesse Winchester ($0.750m) / Erik Condra ($0.625m)

DEFENSEMEN
Chris Phillips ($3.083m) / Brian Lee ($0.875m)
Jared Cowen ($1.265m) / Erik Karlsson ($1.300m)
Sergei Gonchar ($5.500m) / David Rundblad ($1.500m)
Matt Carkner ($0.700m) / Filip Kuba ($3.700m)

GOALTENDERS
Craig Anderson ($3.187m) / Alex Auld ($1.000m)

BUYOUTS: Jonathan Cheechoo ($1.166m) / Daniel Alfredsson ($0.700m) / Ray Emery ($0.562m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $52,365,833; BONUSES: $2,800,000
CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $11,934,167

* Michalek and Butler could switch spots

** If Petersson isn't there (most likely he won't be right away), Michalek could probably be forced to the Left Wing and Butler could be back in the top-6

*** Carkner, Winchester and Kuba won't be with the Sens for very long anymore.

I hope this helps.

Nothing to worry about. When a young player lits it up, it just bumps others down the depht chart. That's why they will all need to deserve it. Filatov will be in the NHL unless he doesn't deserve it. Da Costa needs more seasoning in the AHL. We will see him more in the later part of the season.
Did they not teach summarizing in college?

Smeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 03:32 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

Don't know if this was already posted, but great Anacondra highlights on the sens site.

http://video.senators.nhl.com/videoc...id=DL|OTT|home

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 04:21 PM
karlskiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean9 View Post
Did they not teach summarizing in college?

you win

karlskiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:05 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
when is the first lesson? where do i sign up? and how much does it cost? (i hope i can afford it. i don't have a lot of money)

can you just put one of these, before the first lesson post so we don't miss it? cool
Nice sarcasm, appreciate the effort but don't you think we are all here to learn from each others? Do you think you already know everything? Don't you think you are learning a bit from everyone? If you don't, well that's your thing, not mine. Like I said, personnally, I'm here to learn and teach (means transfer information) about hockey and my favorite NHL team, the Senators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegar Strokes View Post
NEWSFLASH: You don't need to have a college degree to post a load of self-important guff on a message board. Oh, and for all your professorial greatness, you spelled "reflection" wrong.
Calm down big boy, I wasn't "attacking you". It was just an answer to make you realize that while my post was very long, it is nothing compared to what you can read at school or even at work.

So, I'm sorry but your comment was so useless in the 1st place, I just didn't know what to say outside of that.

And if you think it was some "self-important guff stuff", then think again. No, my post was just another informative logical post, non biased write-up, on what should happen for the Senators this season. I could be wrong, but reality should look very close to it.

If you don't think so, then ask youself this question : "Do I really care?"

PS : Sorry for mispelling, English is my 2nd langage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean9 View Post
bow down to the almighty college goer. We are not worthy.
I didn't brag about it, that's how you took it because maybe you felt insecure. It was just an allusion that constructing an argumentation is basically what you learn in College. First, you collect information, you analyse it and then you construct your argument.

It's nothing special by the way, as 20% of Canadians have a Bachelor, and it's a lot more in Europe or other developped countries (where you can't do a lot without it). And I haven't even worked in something related to my College degree yet, I went to another route.

You people are so quick to jump on others for very unimportant stuff, maybe that means you should take a break from the internet. Anyway, I still love those debates, even when they are useless, like in that case.

Last edited by Xspyrit: 07-07-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Xspyrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenacusMaximus View Post

That's fine, people who have interest will read it. I don't care if everyone do not.

By the way, here is the text without the line-ups :

Quote:
The Fuhr, Theo Huxtable, SensJersey11... posters with a lot of experience but...

11 Forwards, 5 D-men and 2 goalies are actually SIGNED

3 Forward spots and 2 Defense spots available because since the team has so many cap space available, we will carry 23 players most of the season (14 FW, 7 D, 2 G)

On defense, we're full with Karlsson, Rundblad, Cowen, Wiercioch, Gryba and Borowiecki on 2-way contracts. Those guys easily fill the 2 spots available and we might trade Kuba and/or Carkner because there's many options

On offense, we'll see what happens with Zibanejad, if he makes the team and get a contract but until then, there's a lot of guys fighting for jobs, but not really for bottom-6 jobs; more for top-6 or top-9 jobs.

Filatov, Da Costa, Petersson and Butler will fight for top-6/top-9 spots, but not only for the camp, for all season because if they don't perform, someone else will get an opportunity.

* IMO, Wick and Daugavins are done with the organization, took too much time to develop and now there's too many prospects with more potential and skill/speed/size/shot for them to have a realistic chance... Not saying it's impossible but it would take an incredible training camp.

** Another point : I don't think O'Brien is entirely NHL ready so he might be better to keep another year in the AHL so he could play a more important role. Same with Caporusso, Grant and Hoffman. It's their time to shine in the AHL

*** Silfverberg will stay in Sweden this year so no need to worry about him now.

**** Hamilton, Cowick, Cannone, Dziurzynski are AHL bound for now and maybe won't ever make the NHL

***** Locke and Lessard are AHL players but have 2 ways contracts because they are veterans (incentive) and can be called-up when there is a situation like last year (massive injuries and sale at the Trade Deadline)

CONCLUSION :

Filatov, Da Costa, Petersson and Butler (and Z-Bad if he makes it) will be fighting with all the other forwards not named Spezza/Alfredsson/Michalek to bump them down the chart. The more of those 4 prospects make it, the more it will be hard for guys like Winchester to keep and NHL job.

-------------------------------------------------------

IMO, Z-Bad stays 1 more year in the SEL, Da Costa plays most of the season in the AHL but Butler and Petersson make the team.

* Michalek and Butler could switch spots

** If Petersson isn't there (most likely he won't be right away), Michalek could probably be forced to the Left Wing and Butler could be back in the top-6

*** Carkner, Winchester and Kuba won't be with the Sens for very long anymore.

I hope this helps.
Is it that dramatic? I've seen a lot of longer posts on HFB

Again, this board is just :

Like when we think that Matt Carkner is overpaid at 700K$! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnorth View Post
The post isn't really that long. There's a lot of cut and paste in it.

Actually, that's a lot like college.
Exactly. The line-ups were copied/pasted

The rest is facts in the 1st portion and my opinion in the 2nd. Nothing special. Just another storm in a glass of water, this board is hilarious.

Sorry for the long post

Old
07-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Afro Thunder*

Quote:
Don't know if this was already posted, but great Anacondra highlights on the sens site.

http://video.senators.nhl.com/videoc...id=DL|OTT|home
Wow what stamina, all of the videos ran consecutively without going into a commercial break.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 06:24 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Thunder View Post
Wow what stamina, all of the videos ran consecutively without going into a commercial break.
i hear he wanted more and more and more highlights and then bonus highlights up there, but the isp wouldn't allow it.

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 11:21 PM
mcnorth

Condra's highlight reel reminds me why the trading Spezza talk is idiotic.

mcnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 11:40 PM
Yokai

vCash: 966
Quote:
Condra's highlight reel reminds me how much I hope Potvin isn't back to call the games next year. I'm sure he is a great guy but I did not enjoy his voice. The one clip from Atlanta also reminded me of that horrible Gabriel's Pizza commercial, I think I remember them playing it about 100 times through that game.

My vote for the new colour commentator is that really old guy from the draft that the San Jose scout was not fond of.

Yokai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 11:42 PM
Rumcajs

Quote:
No kidding. In several of those videos Spezza is the focal point

Rumcajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 12:08 AM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Your mom goes to college

PeterSidorkiewicz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 12:16 AM
Senacus Maximus
AlfSilferssonScores

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantEggRoll View Post
Condra's highlight reel reminds me how much I hope Potvin isn't back to call the games next year. I'm sure he is a great guy but I did not enjoy his voice. The one clip from Atlanta also reminded me of that horrible Gabriel's Pizza commercial, I think I remember them playing it about 100 times through that game.

My vote for the new colour commentator is that really old guy from the draft that the San Jose scout was not fond of.
"Do You like Pizza?" I Like Pizza!" "Who you gonna call now?"
GA-BRI-ELS!" " Bigger, Better" "Gabriels Pizza" "Call 310 7-7-7-7 "

Not sure if that's exactly how it goes, but man did that commercial drive me nuts. Not only did it repeat it's slogan 3 times. Each time it got LOUDER; and the commercial played about 15 times during a game.

I literally wanted to kill myself every time it came on. Until, I discovered the lovely mute button.

Last edited by SenacusMaximus: 07-08-2011 at 12:18 AM. Reason: remembered exactly how it went...
Senacus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 11:45 AM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
Your mom goes to college
Yup, that's where I met her...