Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hilarious Comments about the Wild...

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2011, 04:49 PM
forthewild

vCash: 500
Wiz's hit on seabrook was a headhunting hit big time, i think shanny gave him 8 games because of history of suspensions he could have given him 10 plus just based on severity of prior incidents

Old
09-27-2011, 07:55 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

To be fair I thought Staubitz's hit was incredibly stupid and dangerous.

Old
09-27-2011, 08:29 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
To be fair I thought Staubitz's hit was incredibly stupid and dangerous.
I think 99.9% of Wild fans agreed with that, and are okay with the punishment. The problem is trying to explain to some folks about why Wiz got more games.

Stauby was stupid, and I wouldn't have even minded if he got a few more games than he did.

Old
09-28-2011, 07:54 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

The more I think about it, Wis got off light. Stauby was technically a first time offender (if you go 18 months without another offense, they're not supposed to count towards supplemental discipline) and so I think his suspension was pretty much in line with what it should have been. The hit wasn't worse than the hits which earned previous suspensions, and the punishment was right in the middle compared to those.

Wis is just lucky that Clutterbuck is tough, and managed to avoid hitting his head on the ice on the way down. If Clutter hits his head on the ice there, and sustains a concussion, Wis is gone for 15-20 games. Personally, I think that factoring in player injuries into suspensions isn't just wrong, it's absolutely disgusting and is a very large part of the problem for repeat offenders. By basing consequences on the results of offenses, rather than the offense itself, you're telling players that it's not the hit that's bad, it's the injury that comes from it. In reality, it shouldn't make a difference whether lady luck steps in and saves a guy's neck, the offender took the same actions, and made the same decisions.

Back on topic, the whole scenario seemed like the perfect storm for a huge suspension. You had a multiple repeat offender (who had an inappropriate conduct suspension in addition to safety ones) violate the league's new baby (Rule 48) after the horn had blown, after chasing around the ice with clear intent to injure. I'm extremely surprised that he didn't get 10+ regular season games. I don't know that such a drastic punishment would have been right, I just expected him to be a sacrificial lamb on this point.

Old
09-28-2011, 08:40 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

That's why I don't try to reason with most people on the internet. It's pointless. Even if the two hits were equally dangerous, one guy has way more suspension history.

Old
09-28-2011, 08:50 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

My personal opinion is that Wis' suspension was also a bit light. However, if he gets out of control again, I would not be shocked to see Shanahan come down on him hard with a 15 to 20 game suspension.

Old
09-28-2011, 09:41 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

That's how it should be...assuming you're not taking off your skate and trying to stab someone with it:

1st offense = 1-3 games
2nd offense = 8-10 games
3rd offense = 15-20 games
4th offense = 40+ games

That would knock off these hits in a hurry.

Old
09-29-2011, 01:26 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Man, these comments on the Wild are hilarious.

Clutterbuck goes out to kill someone.

Dude doesn't get a lot of penalties for someone that runs around like a pinball.

Old
09-29-2011, 05:40 PM
forthewild

"Clutterbuck's the kind of guy who everyone around the league knows the way he plays," Dorsett said. "He embellishes calls. He's do it again and again and again. He's one of those guys, so you just let him be.

"He has some of the latest hits that are worthy of suspension. He throws some of the most gutless hits, and he doesn't respond. He flops all over the ice, all the time. A guy like that you don't have to five very much respect to, don't even bother with him. I pretty sure there's going to be a few choice words exchanged, but I don't think you're going to see any of our guys do something stupid."

this from a CBJ player on clutterbuck

yup seen him flop all the time....

also his hits arn't late he finishes his check which he's allowed to do, dorsett is just pissed that nhl just discovered they have 30 nhl teams and not 29 (wiz getting suspended)

Old
09-29-2011, 05:58 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Dorsett is just mad that clutterbuck is better at everything than him. except fighting. I mean, Dorsett sucks at that, too, but at least he tries.

He is correct about Clutter embellishing. You're completely blind if you don't see that he does it a lot more than average. Of course, that's part of the game. Clutter gets so many chances a night to embellish because he's usually all over the opposition and getting retaliated against because of it. You want the refs to see the slashes--its either that or just take them all night and get nothing out of it and that sort of defeats the purpose of getting under the opponents skin to draw penalties.

Old
09-29-2011, 06:46 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
"Clutterbuck's the kind of guy who everyone around the league knows the way he plays," Dorsett said. "He embellishes calls. He's do it again and again and again. He's one of those guys, so you just let him be.

"He has some of the latest hits that are worthy of suspension. He throws some of the most gutless hits, and he doesn't respond. He flops all over the ice, all the time. A guy like that you don't have to five very much respect to, don't even bother with him. I pretty sure there's going to be a few choice words exchanged, but I don't think you're going to see any of our guys do something stupid."
I just loved the last part of his statement. Of course you don't think any of your guys will do anything stupid....because one of them already did the game before! Unless you wish to have more guys suspended, ya freaking doorknob. I love how these guys are putting the blame on someone else rather than themselves. Is he from Vancouver?

Old
09-29-2011, 06:54 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
What's more, it occurs to me that Clutterbuck isn't just laughing at Wiz. He's also laughing at Shanahan and the league. As long as players like Clutterbuck go unpunished for, shall we say, behavior unbecoming of the sport, they'll make league leadership look like ninnies.
So not only do they claim to know that Wiz had no intention of hitting Clutterbuck AND that Clutterbuck had full intention of going after Wiz, but NOW they also know exactly what Cluts was laughing at when on the bench. Their ability to read the minds of others is amazing!!!

Old
09-29-2011, 08:33 PM
tyratoku

Over on the main NHL board they have the Vegas odds for the season. They've got the Wild pinned as drafting 8th with only Colorado and Edmonton worse than us in the West.

Disappointing. And no team is close to us either way(above or below, they're two or three games away).

Old
09-29-2011, 08:36 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
Over on the main NHL board they have the Vegas odds for the season. They've got the Wild pinned as drafting 8th with only Colorado and Edmonton worse than us in the West.

Disappointing. And no team is close to us either way(above or below, they're two or three games away).
That's because they know about our 2nd periods.

Old
09-29-2011, 08:47 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
You know, I don't care about predictions.

Old
09-30-2011, 01:09 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Sorry guys and girls but I have been told to close this thread by the higher-ups for the "good of the site" as copying posts from one HFBoard team forum to another for this purpose is considered trolling.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Closed Thread