HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The OFFICIAL Rumors From Non-Credible Sources thread V2.0

Closed Thread

Old
07-09-2011, 01:35 PM
E = CH²

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I think that since the Lightning organization values Desharnais, we should leverage that in the trade.

Boucher had said that Desharnais was the best player in Hamilton, he liked him more than Pacioretty.
Trading Desharnais right now would be a giant mistake as he'd be nothing more than a throw in.

You don't trade a guy who displays that much hockey sense and will to compete as if he were a mere throw in. It's a deadly combination when mixed together. I think we have a player on our hands in Desharnais if only we are willing to recognize the talent and put it to use. If Martin is smart and stops worrying so much about his job safety and starts worrying more about what's right for the organization Desharnais will be worth a lot more to the habs than being a near worthless throw in. But then again, seeing how the habs squander assets left and right... maybe it would be best to trade him before we ruin his value.

Old
07-09-2011, 01:38 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Trading Desharnais right now would be a giant mistake as he'd be nothing more than a throw in.

You don't trade a guy who displays that much hockey sense and will to compete as if he were a mere throw in. It's a deadly combination when mixed together. I think we have a player on our hands in Desharnais if only we are willing to recognize the talent and put it to use. If Martin is smart and stops worrying so much about his job safety and starts worrying more about what's right for the organization Desharnais will be worth a lot more to the habs than being a near worthless throw in.
?????

He'sa center. If we acquire Stamkos, we have less need for centers for many years to come.

Desharnais would be a less of a throw in as TB would value more than other teams him due to Boucher's opinion of him. He would dampen the cost of a Stamkos trade.

Old
07-09-2011, 01:40 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Of course Stamkos is a top5 talent in the NHL, but I'm not sure I want PG to trade for him.. It would cost ALOT. I'm not sure I'm willing to trade all our core pieces for one guy. I'd rather wait for the summer of 2013 and sign Crosby

Old
07-09-2011, 01:44 PM
Vanek20
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Of course Stamkos is a top5 talent in the NHL, but I'm not sure I want PG to trade for him.. It would cost ALOT. I'm not sure I'm willing to trade all our core pieces for one guy. I'd rather wait for the summer of 2013 and sign Crosby
Now we are talking..

Old
07-09-2011, 01:47 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

I'd take this rumour with a grain of salt... then I'd add a slice of lime and some tequila!

Here's a tweet from the same source on Jun.30th:

Quote:
*************** incarcerated bob
**NHL BREAKING NEWS**Source: As i reported earlier the Lightning are on the verge of Re-signing big time RFA Stamkos to a huge deal. #Done

This whole Stamkos thing will get totally out of proportion in no time.

The reaction here is like a teenager who's all excited because he sleeps with this guy's hot girlfriend. If she does it to him, she's very likely to do it to you!

Old
07-09-2011, 01:47 PM
shutehinside

Quote:

You don't trade a guy who displays that much hockey sense and will to compete as if he were a mere throw in. It's a deadly combination when mixed together. I think we have a player on our hands in Desharnais if only we are willing to recognize the talent and put it to use. If Martin is smart and stops worrying so much about his job safety and starts worrying more about what's right for the organization Desharnais will be worth a lot more to the habs than being a near worthless throw in. But then again, seeing how the habs squander assets left and right... maybe it would be best to trade him before we ruin his value.
In the big picture of acquiring Stamkos, I dont see the Habs balking at a deal because they refuse to throw in DD. If they did, then I'd be REALLY pissed. DDs heart is one thing, natural 50 goal scoring ability is another. I don't see how throwing him in is even a consideration.

Old
07-09-2011, 01:52 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
I'd take this rumour with a grain of salt... then I'd add a slice of lime and some tequila!

The reaction here is like a teenager who's all excited because he sleeps with this guy's hot girlfriend. If she does it to him, she's very likely to do it to you!
Agreed but it did come out during that period that the lightning offered him a huge 37 over 5 years contract, and his agent even said that it was close

Old
07-09-2011, 01:56 PM
JohnLennon

Quote:
Maybe you only started following Hockey this season.

It's a known fact that young star players have a hard time in their first couple playoffs.
I feel like you completely missed out on what I said. And try not to let what people say on the internet offend you. Everyone knows people struggle in the playoffs their first few times. Not every player is as invisible though. I just feel that on a team without a player like St. Louis, he'd be even less noticeable in the playoffs than he was this year.

He'll probably grow and mature, but right now his attitude seems to be an issue if he's having the types of problems with the team that he shouldn't be having at this point in time.

Old
07-09-2011, 01:57 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
In the big picture of acquiring Stamkos, I dont see the Habs balking at a deal because they refuse to throw in DD. If they did, then I'd be REALLY pissed. DDs heart is one thing, natural 50 goal scoring ability is another. I don't see how throwing him in is even a consideration.
I doubt TB would even trade Stamkos in the first place. It's just the wild rumors from non-credible source thread where anything can happen and is happening at any given second.

But if they wanted to trade him, I doubt they'd hold out for Desharnais. I'd think we could replace Desharnais with another name, a pick or a prospect. I'd rather keep Desharnais than say Leblanc, Tinordi, Kristo.

Obviously if DD is the deal breaker, then you do it. But the way I see things he'd not be the centerpiece of such a deal, which means that we could use another player as throw in.

I doubt Yzerman is going to bend over backwards just so Boucher can get a kid he coached in the AHL. DD doesn't have that much value at the moment and the original post somewhat implies Boucher/Yzerman are dumb and would overvalue Desharnais. I doubt that's the case.

Old
07-09-2011, 02:01 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
I doubt TB would even trade Stamkos in the first place. It's just the wild rumors from non-credible source thread where anything can happen and is happening at any given second.

But if they wanted to trade him, I doubt they'd hold out for Desharnais. I'd think we could replace Desharnais with another name, a pick or a prospect. I'd rather keep Desharnais than say Leblanc, Tinordi, Kristo.

Obviously if DD is the deal breaker, then you do it. But the way I see things he'd not be the centerpiece of such a deal, which means that we could use another player as throw in.

I doubt Yzerman is going to bend over backwards just so Boucher can get a kid he coached in the AHL. DD doesn't have that much value at the moment and the original post somewhat implies Boucher/Yzerman are dumb and would overvalue Desharnais. I doubt that's the case.
I think they would value Desharnais more than other teams.

I would keep DD over Kristo, Leblanc; but I'd rather have Tinordi than any of those.

My point is that with Boucher's knowledge of DD's ability, we might be able to keep a Tinordi or a Pacioretty by offering DD, whereas normally that would be impossible.

Old
07-09-2011, 02:03 PM
VL55

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
In comparison, there's a plethora of forwards that score 40 goals and get 90+ points every year. Sedins, Ovy, Crosby, Malkin, Thronton, Iginla, St. Louis, etc etc etc.
A plethora? Last year there was 5 players over 90 points and 5 scored over 40 goals. That is not a plethora.

Old
07-09-2011, 02:09 PM
euphrates

http://twitter.com/#!/erlendssontrib

lightning beat writer

Old
07-09-2011, 02:14 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by euphrates View Post
he already responded to this, said agents never lie, and to be fair everyone does.

Old
07-09-2011, 02:36 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
I think they would value Desharnais more than other teams.

I would keep DD over Kristo, Leblanc; but I'd rather have Tinordi than any of those.

My point is that with Boucher's knowledge of DD's ability, we might be able to keep a Tinordi or a Pacioretty by offering DD, whereas normally that would be impossible.
Or tampa could ask for DD instead of the 3rd round pick in 2012 we wanted to give. Goes both ways. You're still assuming Yzerman is retarded because his coach liked a player he coached in the AHL.

Old
07-09-2011, 02:51 PM
xduckiex

*********** Dallas Dave
Time to stop with the Stamkos stuff. If anyone is *breaking* the inconceivable, it'll be @erlendssontrib more than likely.

Old
07-09-2011, 02:55 PM
gusfring

So we don't want to give up Subban, Price, Pacioretty or Desharnais for Stamkos? How do we get him then?

Old
07-09-2011, 02:59 PM
Russian Warrior
SWAG

Not gonna happen...

Old
07-09-2011, 03:05 PM
AntonCH

can you say "negotiation tactic"?

Old
07-09-2011, 03:08 PM
ruski17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
So we don't want to give up Subban, Price, Pacioretty or Desharnais for Stamkos? How do we get him then?
Halak, Ryder and 2nd???

Old
07-09-2011, 03:13 PM
Russian Warrior
SWAG

Let's get Crosby while we're at it!

Old
07-09-2011, 03:25 PM
sevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post

well, this tweet from IBN was based on truth. when that tweet came out, Tampa was on the verge of making an offer that everyone in the organization thought would get the deal done. Stamkos turned it down but apparently it was a great offer.
So at the time it was right.

Now, in all of this, I think what is missing is Stamkos is showing he wants to play for a Hockey City. if (IF) the teams mentioned are some of the teams he wants to play for, he wants to play somewhere that hockey matters. Don't forget a hockey star in Tampa gets a few endorsement deals, but put him in a hockey city and the deals get rich. Ie nike, rebook, easton, bell, tim hortons, gatorade etc.

Combine that with the fact that he feels TBay is trying to low ball him and I could understand the want to go elsewhere, however I do see this as a negotiating maneuver and would think TBay is still leading the way.

Old
07-09-2011, 03:34 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevil View Post
well, this tweet from IBN was based on truth. when that tweet came out, Tampa was on the verge of making an offer that everyone in the organization thought would get the deal done. Stamkos turned it down but apparently it was a great offer.
So at the time it was right.

Now, in all of this, I think what is missing is Stamkos is showing he wants to play for a Hockey City. if (IF) the teams mentioned are some of the teams he wants to play for, he wants to play somewhere that hockey matters. Don't forget a hockey star in Tampa gets a few endorsement deals, but put him in a hockey city and the deals get rich. Ie nike, rebook, easton, bell, tim hortons, gatorade etc.

Combine that with the fact that he feels TBay is trying to low ball him and I could understand the want to go elsewhere, however I do see this as a negotiating maneuver and would think TBay is still leading the way.
The problem with that is that TB has the 2nd lowest income taxes league wide. Something like 13% lower than Mtl. He'd have to get quite the endorsement deal for it to overcome that loss. As well as the fact he wouldn't be playing somewhere sunny with Marty St-Louis anymore.

Old
07-09-2011, 03:38 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
The problem with that is that TB has the 2nd lowest income taxes league wide. Something like 13% lower than Mtl.
I'm sure he could get 1 or 2 million dollars a year in endorsements in Montreal or Toronto.

He would get alot more than that.

Old
07-09-2011, 03:40 PM
euphrates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Warrior View Post
Let's get Crosby while we're at it!
sure for gomez

Old
07-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Vanek20