HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The OFFICIAL Rumors From Non-Credible Sources thread V2.0

Closed Thread

Old
07-10-2011, 05:24 PM
BaseballCoach

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
It's not about DD playing his natural position so much as putting all your talent together.

Many forwards can play both the wing and center. A forward with as much hockey sense as DD can surely do it.

Now, I'm sure if you asked DD himself which options he finds more desirable:

Option A - Play center with Moen/Darche on the 4th line about 8-10 min a game

or

Option B - Play wing with Eller and AK 12-14 min a game

Pretty sure DD would pick B. It would also be smart to make the most out of DD's hockey sense and vision by playing him with players who can make something out of his passes.

That being said, anything can happen and will likely happen.
No problem, since Eller hardly ever passes, yet you think he can do something with DD's passes - the solution is to play DD at C so he can distribute the puck to both wingers.

And before anyone says that DD will "get eaten alive" having to match up against other centremen, tell me who will give him more trouble, Krejci or Horton? Briere or Jagr? Giroux or JVR?

On average, and of course there are exceptions, the C that DD would face are smaller than the wingers he could face.

Also, besides not passing well, Eller does not win faceoffs that often. DD is much better in the circle.

Old
07-10-2011, 05:25 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
No problem, since Eller hardly ever passes, yet you think he can do something with DD's passes - the solution is to play DD at C so he can distribute the puck to both wingers.

And before anyone says that DD will "get eaten alive" having to match up against other centremen, tell me who will give him more trouble, Krejci or Horton? Briere or Jagr? Giroux or JVR?

On average, and of course there are exceptions, the C that DD would face are smaller than the wingers he could face.

Also, besides not passing well, Eller does not win faceoffs that often. DD is much better in the circle.
Eller doesn't pass well? Geez now I've heard it all.

Old
07-10-2011, 05:27 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Sorry, but if we let go Halpern and Pyatt, I presume it was to UP-grade, not put in a slowish, non-offensive centreman that while big shows no real grit. I will assume that he will not show THAT much at camp. Then what?
DD will play only be playing center if Eller is not ready, he will get time here and there at center because of injuries, that is it. Having him center the 4th line would be terribly stupid.

Old
07-10-2011, 05:39 PM
cap10bfl

Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
Quote:

because in hockey, wingers have to match up against the defensemen on the point, and at times collapse in, about 90% of the time, those below their own net in defensive zone coverages are the center and the 2 defensemen vs the opponents offensive line

eller doesnt pass the puck? ok thats news to me, he is great at transporting the puck from end to end at times but to say that he never passes is ridiculous

lastly you are right, DD is great on faceoffs which eller isnt great at, theres no problem and letting DD taking faceoffs while eller chnages back to his center spot after faceoffs...

Old
07-10-2011, 05:49 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap10bfl View Post
because in hockey, wingers have to match up against the defensemen on the point, and at times collapse in, about 90% of the time, those below their own net in defensive zone coverages are the center and the 2 defensemen vs the opponents offensive line

eller doesnt pass the puck? ok thats news to me, he is great at transporting the puck from end to end at times but to say that he never passes is ridiculous

lastly you are right, DD is great on faceoffs which eller isnt great at, theres no problem and letting DD taking faceoffs while eller chnages back to his center spot after faceoffs...
The moment Eller grab Brieres stick out of his hand and threw away was priceless. Then to see him go to the penalty box before the commercial, only to be out there when the commercial ended was epic.

Hopefully he can practice his technique this summer. With him in strong position as our #3 center would make this team very strong.

Old
07-10-2011, 06:30 PM
HomaridII

cabbie91 cody cabral
Canadiens continue to knock on the door of bottom 6 grit. However, they feel Blunden could play with the habs as soon as out of camp

Old
07-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
cabbie91 cody cabral
Canadiens continue to knock on the door of bottom 6 grit. However, they feel Blunden could play with the habs as soon as out of camp
Isn't Cabbie sort of legit?

Old
07-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Habs514

Some of @*************** latest tweets about Montreal.

*************** incarcerated bob
@
@HabsfaninNH Yes Gomez has 3 teams he can say NO - Islanders / Jets are two of them
25 minutes ago Favorite Reply

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@
@abrokenlull At this point i have not heard the Habs involved with Mike Green
56 minutes ago Favorite Reply

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@
@TheMan0790 Leafs are not interested in Semin not a Burke type of player. Habs are on Semin
3 hours ago Favorite Reply

Old
07-10-2011, 06:46 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
cabbie91 cody cabral
They do somewhat, need to leave a spot or two up for grabs so to speak...the kids do need a glimmer of hope in making the big club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs514 View Post
Some of @*************** latest tweets about Montreal.

@
@HabsfaninNH Yes Gomez has 3 teams he can say NO - Islanders / Jets are two of them
25 minutes ago Favorite Reply

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@
@abrokenlull At this point i have not heard the Habs involved with Mike Green
56 minutes ago Favorite Reply

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@
@TheMan0790 Leafs are not interested in Semin not a Burke type of player. Habs are on Semin
3 hours ago Favorite Reply
That Burkie kind of player stuff cracks me up...how's that working for ya Burkie???

Last edited by Habsfan18: 07-10-2011 at 07:26 PM. Reason: merged
Old
07-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Spectaculard
Trout104HR322RBI395R

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
That Burkie kind of player stuff cracks me up...how's that working for ya Burkie???
Not to mention that Kessel, Grabovski, Kulemin, Kadri are some of the softest players in the league.

Old
07-10-2011, 07:09 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peekay Zubban View Post
Not to mention that Kessel, Grabovski, Kulemin, Kadri are some of the softest players in the league.
Kulemin is far from soft.

Old
07-10-2011, 07:59 PM
danyhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peekay Zubban View Post
Kulemin soft?

so AK is soft too

Old
07-10-2011, 08:02 PM
odishabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
yes sir

Old
07-10-2011, 08:15 PM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Believe it or not, same goes for Grabovski.

Old
07-10-2011, 08:16 PM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Kulemin is big and a very good two way winger... but he is incredibly soft. Even with his size I wouldn't call him a powerfoward

Quote:
cabbie91 cody cabral
Quote:
No... this one has 65 followers he's not the TSN Cabbie

Last edited by Mike8: 07-10-2011 at 08:52 PM.
Old
07-10-2011, 08:24 PM
odishabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
No... this one has 65 followers he's not the TSN Cabbie
he's a source, not cabral richards, but not trying to hide that lol.

Old
07-10-2011, 08:45 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Believe it or not, same goes for Grabovski.
He's scrappy but he doesn't exactly muck it up on the boards.

Old
07-10-2011, 09:16 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Yea this isn't THE Cabbie. This guy is the Cody Cabbie

Old
07-10-2011, 09:29 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
Kulemin is big and a very good two way winger... but he is incredibly soft. Even with his size I wouldn't call him a powerfoward
Yeah right. Kulemin and soft don't belong in the same sentence.

Old
07-10-2011, 10:14 PM
znk

Quote:
Sorry, but if we let go Halpern and Pyatt, I presume it was to UP-grade, not put in a slowish, non-offensive centreman that while big shows no real grit. I will assume that he will not show THAT much at camp. Then what?

Besides, if Engqvist is in, then one of White, Darche or Moen are out. And that is LOL, especially knowing JM.
There is plenty of movement on the 4th line. Plus there are always injuries during the season so it would not be a surprise.

Old
07-11-2011, 12:37 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
There is plenty of movement on the 4th line. Plus there are always injuries during the season so it would not be a surprise.
Seriously, Engqvist is not an upgrade over either Pyatt or Halpern, and should not play ahead of Darche, Moen or even White.

Furthermore, playing him does not save cap space, because his cap hit is higher than any of the above except Moen.

Of course, he might play if there are injuries, but behind Moen, Darche and White.

Engqvist is probably even behind Blunden in the organization's depth chart at this time.

If the team intends to play Eller and DD together on the third line, we will need a fourth line center that is better than Ryan White or Andreas Engqvist. Otherwise, we stand to waste the talents of Darche, Moen or White.

Old
07-11-2011, 01:44 AM
Russian Warrior
SWAG

Quote:
Seriously, Engqvist is not an upgrade over either Pyatt or Halpern, and should not play ahead of Darche, Moen or even White.

Furthermore, playing him does not save cap space, because his cap hit is higher than any of the above except Moen.

Of course, he might play if there are injuries, but behind Moen, Darche and White.

Engqvist is probably even behind Blunden in the organization's depth chart at this time.

If the team intends to play Eller and DD together on the third line, we will need a fourth line center that is better than Ryan White or Andreas Engqvist. Otherwise, we stand to waste the talents of Darche, Moen or White.
This is why there's a beautiful thing called the training camp. There's open spots on the 4th line, so may the best win!

Old
07-11-2011, 02:11 AM
JimmyDarmody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Warrior View Post
This is why there's a beautiful thing called the training camp. There's open spots on the 4th line, so may the best win!
There might be open spots, but the guys fighting for the spots aren't very good.

The free-agent market is also barren, apart from maybe Stillman, so unless a trade is made we're looking fairly underwhelming going into training camp.

Old
07-11-2011, 05:45 AM
compile
Give me Scotch!

vCash: 693
Send a message via Skype™ to compile
I lawled at the Eller can't pass comment.

He actually makes passes that I haven't seen in a very long time. Problem is, he played with plugs 99% of the past season.

Kid has some serious talent, needs to work on shooting and face offs and he's set.

Old
07-11-2011, 05:55 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenRetina View Post
I lawled at the Eller can't pass comment.

He actually makes passes that I haven't seen in a very long time. Problem is, he played with plugs 99% of the past season.

Kid has some serious talent, needs to work on shooting and face offs and he's set.
He needs to work on swag too. He's too timid with the media, like Saku-lite.

Closed Thread