HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft (All NON-Ranger Prospect Discussion Thread - Part I)

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

vCash: 500
What's the scouting report on Henrik Samuellson?

Old
12-04-2011, 05:41 PM
CH2

We missed the boat on signing Kinkaid this offseason after having him at prospects camp in previous years. This is the next college goalie I think the organization should ask to come to prospects camp is Andy Iles, sophmore goalie from Cornell.

Stats

He's small, but still young. Can't hurt to have him around during the summer ala Kinkaid two summers ago.

Old
12-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

I agree. Unfortunately we are not the GM (or fortunately, however you want to look at it )

We should definitely get Iles in our system, he is a great talent and much better than any goalie prospect we have right now. Sorry Dos Nueve, you ain't cutting it.

Old
12-04-2011, 05:52 PM
CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
I agree. Unfortunately we are not the GM (or fortunately, however you want to look at it )

We should definitely get Iles in our system, he is a great talent and much better than any goalie prospect we have right now. Sorry Dos Nueve, you ain't cutting it.
I think it's fine to let him develop in the NCAAs because he's such a small guy, but at least use a 6-7th rounder on him to get his rights. Or start that relationship by inviting him to Prospects Camp over the summer. Iles unfortunately had to backup Jack Campbell at U-18s and didn't get much exposure. If he was 6 inches taller he probably would have been a 3rd or 4th round pick two years ago.

Old
12-04-2011, 05:59 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH2 View Post
I think it's fine to let him develop in the NCAAs because he's such a small guy, but at least use a 6-7th rounder on him to get his rights. Or start that relationship by inviting him to Prospects Camp over the summer. Iles unfortunately had to backup Jack Campbell at U-18s and didn't get much exposure. If he was 6 inches taller he probably would have been a 3rd or 4th round pick two years ago.
Since he is past his draft year, can't we just sign him if we really wanted to? I understand your point about letting him develop in the NCAA and then drafting him because if we sign him, it throws him into the AHL which he may not be ready for yet. But still, can't we sign him if we want to?

Old
12-04-2011, 06:07 PM
CH2

Quote:
Since he is past his draft year, can't we just sign him if we really wanted to? I understand your point about letting him develop in the NCAA and then drafting him because if we sign him, it throws him into the AHL which he may not be ready for yet. But still, can't we sign him if we want to?
We can, but then he loses his NCAA eligibility.

Old
12-07-2011, 09:57 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Worth noting:

My 2012 draft top choice, Zemgus Girgenson will be playing for Latvia in the WJC's.

He is 17 playing in the U-20 tourny, impressive. I assume at least one game involving Latvia will be televised, so try to watch him, along with JT Miller, of course.

Old
12-07-2011, 11:09 PM
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat

I want him for two reasons.

One: his name is badass.

Two: he's Latvian. That's even more badass.

On top of that, he's a damn good player. I think he's going to jump up the rankings similar to Zibanejad and Johansen in years prior.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
12-07-2011, 11:17 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH2 View Post
We missed the boat on signing Kinkaid this offseason after having him at prospects camp in previous years. This is the next college goalie I think the organization should ask to come to prospects camp is Andy Iles, sophmore goalie from Cornell.

Stats

He's small, but still young. Can't hurt to have him around during the summer ala Kinkaid two summers ago.
If this organization wants to aim at a small NCAA goaltender, I would be looking at Shawn Hunwick over Andy Iles. Iles gets all the attention and will attract more suitors. Hunwick has the credentials and is a more subtle, under the table target.

01-20-2012, 12:13 PM
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat

Bump.

Matteau is moving up in the rankings. Could be an interesting choice, he seems to fit the Rangers character description.

Also of note: Galyenchuk was ranked 17 on ISS' latest rankings...very interesting. Would be nice if we could *hopefully* have to move up and grab him.

Old
01-20-2012, 12:18 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Bump.

Matteau is moving up in the rankings. Could be an interesting choice, he seems to fit the Rangers character description.

Also of note: Galyenchuk was ranked 17 on ISS' latest rankings...very interesting. Would be nice if we could *hopefully* have to move up and grab him.
I really don't see him dropping out of the top 10. If he does, we have to be all over that.

Old
01-20-2012, 12:27 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Is Nail Yakupov still predicted to go number 1 overall?

Old
01-20-2012, 12:36 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Galyenchuk will be long gone unless we trade up into the top-10. Don't get your hopes up.

Old
01-20-2012, 01:32 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Galyenchuk will be long gone unless we trade up into the top-10. Don't get your hopes up.
Unless there are still some problems stemming from the knee injury. We'll see at the combine. I expect he'll be fully healthy and ready to go, but if not, he might drop, giving us a chance to snag him.

Old
01-20-2012, 02:35 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Galchenyuk is a top 10 talent without a doubt. If he slips, he should definitely be a trade-up target for this team. Could be the missing piece offensively. If he was healthy, I think he'd be a top 5-7 pick. Great combination of skills and abilities. Very tough to defend against when he has the puck, but also a complete player. Smart defensively, a competitor, and nearly as talented as Yakupov and Grigorenko.

Old
01-20-2012, 02:37 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Galchenyuk is a top 10 talent without a doubt. If he slips, he should definitely be a trade-up target for this team. Could be the missing piece offensively. If he was healthy, I think he'd be a top 5-7 pick. Great combination of skills and abilities. Very tough to defend against when he has the puck, but also a complete player. Smart defensively, a competitor, and nearly as talented as Yakupov and Grigorenko.
He's also American A Torts kind of guy.

Old
01-20-2012, 03:14 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
If he does come here, I hope he doesn't have a history of being injury prone a la Marian Gaborik... a team can't rely on a player who is injured frequently.

Old
01-20-2012, 03:17 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
If he does come here, I hope he doesn't have a history of being injury prone a la Marian Gaborik... a team can't rely on a player who is injured frequently.
That's a good point, but look at Malkin and Parise. Both tore ACL and/or MCL last season and both are playing extremely well, especially Malkin. Not saying it applies to all players, but they seem to have come back just fine.

Old
01-20-2012, 03:24 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
He's also American A Torts kind of guy.
To Russian parents, and a former player. You can see in his game that he has a nice mix of European and North American elements.

He tore his ACL. That doesn't make him injury prone. **** happens. No reason not to believe that with the right treatment, he'll be back to form. I'm a big fan. He's a little Malkin, a little Hossa. Not bad.

Old
01-20-2012, 03:35 PM
bernmeister

Any thoughts on how we exploit this is a deep draft?

Very tasty so far, but what do we think looks like our top 3?

Also given where we are on 1/20/12, any thoughts as to trade up after the season?

Old
01-20-2012, 03:37 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

If we nail Galchenyuk where we'll probably end up, it'll be the steal of the draft. Not gonna happen.

Old
01-20-2012, 03:41 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
If we nail Galchenyuk where we'll probably end up, it'll be the steal of the draft. Not gonna happen.
You'll never get him there, but if he slips out of the top 10, I think it's great time to trya and make a deal to move up in the first round. We have the depth to get it done.

Old
01-20-2012, 03:43 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
You'll never get him there, but if he slips out of the top 10, I think it's great time to trya and make a deal to move up in the first round. We have the depth to get it done.
What do you think a good deal would be?

Old
01-20-2012, 04:23 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
To Russian parents, and a former player. You can see in his game that he has a nice mix of European and North American elements.

He tore his ACL. That doesn't make him injury prone. **** happens. No reason not to believe that with the right treatment, he'll be back to form. I'm a big fan. He's a little Malkin, a little Hossa. Not bad.
I never said it did, just that I hope he doesn't become injury prone.

I'll take a Malkin-Hossa mix any day.

Old
01-30-2012, 09:25 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Please continue draft discussion here, rather than in the Prospects Thread.

Closed Thread