HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings Development Camp July 7th-14th

Old
07-07-2011, 07:20 AM
Pneuma

vCash: 500
Red Wings Development Camp July 7th-14th

Schedule:
http://www.facebook.com/notes/offici...50298561805660

Quote:
Thursday, July 7 (Admission: FREE)

(Split Squad)

2:30 – 3:30 p.m., On-Ice Workout (Group 1)

2:30 – 3:30 p.m., Off-Ice Workout (Group 2)

3:45 – 4:45 p.m., On-Ice Workout (Group 2)

3:45 – 4:45 p.m., Off-Ice Workout (Group 1)

Friday, July 8 – Wednesday, July 13

(Split Squad)

8:30 – 10:30 a.m., Off-Ice Workout (Group 1)

8:30 – 10:30 a.m., On-Ice Skill Development/Power Skating/Practice (Group 2)

2:30 – 4:30 p.m., Off-Ice Workout (Group 2)

2:30 – 4:30 p.m., On-Ice Skill Development/Power Skating/Practice (Group 1)

Thursday, July 14

8:30 – 10:00 a.m., Scrimmage/Skills Competition
Players Attending:http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....t_camp_in.html

Quote:
Forwards -- Louis-Marc Aubry, Mitchell Callahan, Julien Cayer, Willie Coetzee, Landon Ferraro, Philippe Hudon, Tomas Jurco, Brooks Macek, Gustav Nyquist, Nick Oslund, Alan Quine, Brent Raedeke, Mark Tvrdon

Defensemen -- Adam Almqvist, Travis Ehrhardt, x-Gleason Fournier, Nick Jensen, Brian Lashoff, Richard Nedomlel, Max Nicastro, Xavier Ouellet, Trevor Parks, Sebastien Piche, Bryan Rufenach, Brendan Smith, Ryan Sproul

Goaltenders -- Thomas McCollum, Petr Mrazek

x-Injured. Participating in off-ice workouts only
Not attending:
Quote:
Highly touted 2009 picks Calle Jarnkrok (shoulder injury) and Teemu Pulkinen, as well as Griffins Tomas Tatar and Joakim Andersson, won’t be attending. Riley Sheahen, the team’s 2010 top pick, had summer classes at Notre Dame and cannot attend.
Other interesting info:

Quote:
Griffins coach Curt Fraser and assistant coach Jim Paek will be running the drills, aided by Red Wings player development personnel Jiri Fischer, Chris Chelios and Aaron Downey and goaltending coach Jim Bedard.

Pneuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 07:34 AM
FabricDetails

So Jarnkrok won't be there at all huh?

FabricDetails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 07:35 AM
Pneuma

It's pretty disappointing that all of Jarnkrok, Pulkkinen, Tatar, and Sheahan aren't attending. Essentially, those four are the best forward prospects that we have save for maybe Nyquist or Jurco.

Any picks for surprise standouts at camp?

Old
07-07-2011, 07:44 AM
FabricDetails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pneuma View Post
It's pretty disappointing that all of Jarnkrok, Pulkkinen, Tatar, and Sheahan aren't attending. Essentially, those four are the best forward prospects that we have save for maybe Nyquist or Jurco.

Surprise standouts? Hmm... Among that list, not really. I was going to say Jurco will stand out in a good way but that might not be a surprise.

And among the dmen, only Smith I think will standout in a good way but a good portion of some of those other guys WON'T standout in a very good way. I'm thinking Nick Jensen, Brian Lashoff, Max Nicastro, Xavier Ouellet right now.

Old
07-07-2011, 08:10 AM
Pneuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabricDetails View Post
Surprise standouts? Hmm... Among that list, not really. I was going to say Jurco will stand out in a good way but that might not be a surprise.

And among the dmen, only Smith I think will standout in a good way but a good portion of some of those other guys WON'T standout in a very good way. I'm thinking Nick Jensen, Brian Lashoff, Max Nicastro, Xavier Ouellet right now.
I agree. Other than Smith, I don't think our defensive prospects are going to have a very good camp. I think the prospect that stands the most to gain from this camp is Nedomlel. At his size, if he can prove he has some offensive upside, he could skyrocket up the organizational rankings.

Old
07-07-2011, 08:30 AM
cibtom
:(

Send a message via ICQ to cibtom
Where is Andrej Nestrasil? Why doesn't he attend the camp?

cibtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 08:37 AM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
Smith has to feel like he's stuck at the kiddies' table at Thanksgiving dinner....you'd think he'd have a really, really good camp since he's obviously the best player there.

Is Jarnkrok still rehabbing his shoulder?

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 08:45 AM
Pneuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
Smith has to feel like he's stuck at the kiddies' table at Thanksgiving dinner....you'd think he'd have a really, really good camp since he's obviously the best player there.

Is Jarnkrok still rehabbing his shoulder?
Yup. From an earlier release, he was supposed to be limited to off-ice workouts anyway. He (or management) probably decided it would be more worthwhile to just stay in Sweden.

Last edited by Pneuma: 07-07-2011 at 09:14 AM.
Old
07-07-2011, 09:06 AM
GT500x
Im OK where we're at

I can't wait to see how A2 looks.

GT500x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 09:07 AM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Hmm aren't they playing games against other nhl teams' similar prospects or is that another camp? are there 2 or 3 camps btw?

mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 09:07 AM
FabricDetails

Quote:
Originally Posted by cibtom View Post
Yeah really, what's his deal? Anyone?

Old
07-07-2011, 09:13 AM
Pneuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by cibtom View Post
Quote:
Yeah really, what's his deal? Anyone?
http://www.freep.com/article/2011063...498/1053/rss17

Quote:
Nill said Andrej Nestrasil, a 2009 third-round pick (75th overall), will not attend because he suffered an injured ankle at the Czech Republic world junior training camp last week. Calle Järnkrok, a 2010 second-round pick (51st overall), also will be absent. "He had shoulder surgery two months ago," Nill said.

Gleason Fournier, a 2009 third-round pick, will attend, but he won't be on the ice. "He just had shoulder surgery three weeks ago," Nill said.

Old
07-07-2011, 09:28 AM
FabricDetails

Jarnkrok is there doing something. Wonder why Nestrasil couldn't attend like Fournier though.

Old
07-07-2011, 09:55 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Jarnkrok is there doing something. Wonder why Nestrasil couldn't attend like Fournier though.

dan dekeyser from western michigan i can see. the chelios kids too. one could by tyson teichmann from belleville.

anyone heard anything about those invitees?

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 10:09 AM
r0bert8841

Send a message via AIM to r0bert8841
The names that look unfamiliar are Estoclet, Franko, FraserX2, CheliosX2, Dekeyser, Teichmann, Walch, Mosher, Novak, and Sergeev. Also of note they spelt Raedeke, wrong, they spelt it Radeke.

r0bert8841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 10:28 AM
r0bert8841

Sarah Lindenau (of RWC) identifies some of those unknown players in her blog, The Left Wing Lock.

http://www.theleftwinglock.com/2011/...t-camp-roster/

Old
07-07-2011, 10:29 AM
Filppula
Jurks

Hopefully Sproul can make some good initial impressions, Nyquist should dominate and hopefully my man Aubry can make some waves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pneuma View Post

I understand Jarnkrok obviously, even though it seems he is there judging by the whiteboard. Tatar, after 2 AHL seasons, doesn't really need it, and Sheahan with the whole college thing I get too. What's the deal with Pulkkinen though, why isn't he attending??

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 10:35 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
I'm guessing Pulkkinen would rather train off ice than travel back and forth between North America. He's going to Lake Placid with the Finland U-20 team in August (between 6th and 14th). Also might not want to risk getting injured, since he hasn't been able to train "professionally" the whole summer in his pro career yet (shoulder surgery limited his weight training last summer).

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 10:43 AM
r0bert8841

From The Malik Report

Quote:
the team’s particularly intrigued by what Griffin-to-be Gustav Nyquist, a two-time Hobey Baker Award finalist with the University of Maine, can offer the team…

“He’s got high-end skills,” Nill said. “He’s got to get used to the pro game, playing three games in three nights (in Grand Rapids). He’ll have as much skill as anybody.”
http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph...pects_blogger/

Its good Nill says he has high-end skill. It always seemed like they were reluctant to say that in that past about Gustav.

Old
07-07-2011, 10:44 AM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
Just did some quick research on Artem Sergeev - I'll bet my entire vStash that the Wings sign this guy. He was on the HF March Risers list, and he seems like exactly the kind of guy they sign as a "bonus" draft pick.

http://dansallows.com/player-profile-artem-sergeev/

Quote:
The Russian blueliner already has good size at 6-foot-1, 205-pounds, to go with a pro caliber shot, plays the game with an edge and has very good vision and hockey sense. ... He reminds me a lot of Anton Volchenkov, and could probably be molded into that shot-blocking style of D-man, with some very good offensive potential.
Also wondering if anyone has heard if Jesse Forsberg got invited to anyone's prospect or training camps? He'd be a guy to take a look at for sure.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 10:46 AM
r0bert8841

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
Just did some quick research on Artem Sergeev - I'll bet my entire vStash that the Wings sign this guy. He was on the HF March Risers list, and he seems like exactly the kind of guy they sign as a "bonus" draft pick.

http://dansallows.com/player-profile-artem-sergeev/

Also wondering if anyone has heard if Jesse Forsberg got invited to anyone's prospect or training camps? He'd be a guy to take a look at for sure.
That would be awesome if we got 2 Russians in a single draft year!

Old
07-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Filppula
Jurks

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0bert8841 View Post
From The Malik Report

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph...pects_blogger/

Its good Nill says he has high-end skill. It always seemed like they were reluctant to say that in that past about Gustav.
That's an interesting poing actually. In the past they've described him more as a good two way player who is responsible, but it's rare that we've heard such high praise about his skill. I think this guy at worst becomes a 3rd line winger, and most probably a 2nd liner.

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 10:52 AM
r0bert8841

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
That's an interesting poing actually. In the past they've described him more as a good two way player who is responsible, but it's rare that we've heard such high praise about his skill. I think this guy at worst becomes a 3rd line winger, and most probably a 2nd liner.
Ya I always thought it was odd they made him sound so generic. It must be some sort of mind game they are playing with the prospects through the media or something.

Old
07-07-2011, 11:03 AM
jfrank21

Really disappointed Pulkinnen is not there....kinda makes you wonder how much he is interested in coming over. I mean, as far as I know, he didn't come over at all last year (prospect camp, prospect tourny, or T.C.). Now, granted I believe he was recovering from some injuries last summer, but what is his excuse this year? You would think he would want to come find out what the Wings expect from him and see how he compares to our other prospects...but what do I know? For all we know, the Wings didn't want him to come for one reason or another.

jfrank21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 11:22 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrank21 View Post
Really disappointed Pulkinnen is not there....kinda makes you wonder how much he is interested in coming over. I mean, as far as I know, he didn't come over at all last year (prospect camp, prospect tourny, or T.C.). Now, granted I believe he was recovering from some injuries last summer, but what is his excuse this year? You would think he would want to come find out what the Wings expect from him and see how he compares to our other prospects...but what do I know? For all we know, the Wings didn't want him to come for one reason or another.
He was recovering from shoulder surgery, done right after the U-18 WJC. So he definitely wasn't cleared to play.

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote