HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wild 2011-12 Schedule released...which games are you looking forward to?

Old
08-19-2011, 11:55 AM
LemaireisGOD

vCash: 500
Wild 2011-12 Schedule released...which games are you looking forward to?

http://www.stateofhockeynews.com/201...-division.html

Wild's 2011-12 schedule, a last hoorah for the Northwest Division

Written by Derek Felska | 14 August 2011

For millions of parents and kids around the United States, especially those in the Midwest, are waiting as the final weeks countdown before the resumption of a new school year. As a teacher myself, who has already been 'back' for 3 weeks with football practice, understand that melancholy that kids feel about returning to school after a few fun-filled months of summer vacation. School Districts send letters to many families outlining what school supplies they will be expected to provide their child for the upcoming year and like this rather humorous Target commercial indicates the list seems to have grown longer and more technical than when many of us were in school ourselves.

However in most cases, for parents to get their child 'prepared' requires more than just shopping trip for school supplies, they have a variety of tasks to complete as well. They are going to fill out lots of forms from insurance waivers, to emergency cards, or school census information. However, parents also await the arrival of something that could very well dictate their lives (at least a fair part of it) for the next 9 months; a school calendar. It is on this calendar that parents will realize when their child is on vacation, what perhaps is going to be served for school lunch or when various school sponsored sporting events and cultural events (Homecoming, band & choir concerts, Prom, forensics competitions, and school musicals & plays) in addition to when other official school district functions like parent-teacher conferences and school board meetings are taking place. Hockey fans, also eagerly await the schedule's new arrival each off season, especially those who may not have season tickets but want to see the Wild play specific opponents. The first day that season tickets go on sale on August 20th, normally has people camping out in front of the Wild box office. No doubt with some of the buzz from the team's off season moves, I have a feeling you will see more of the same as fans pitch tents in and around the Xcel Energy Center as they hope to buy up their prized tickets. Although, it makes me wonder if how many of these fans will be thinking about how we're about to see an end of an era for the Wild occur with the passing of the 2011-12 season. It will be the team's last year in the Northwest Division, which is the only division the franchise has known in its soon-to-be 11-season history. While it certainly will not be the last time the team will face off against the Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers or the much-hated Vancouver Canucks it won't be quite the same when they do so as foes from outside their division. It is strongly believed, both by comments made by NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman and Wild owner Craig Leipold that the Wild will be moving to a new division (1 of 4 league-wide as the NHL reorganizes itself) that will be rather similar to the old Norris Division when the local NHL team in the State of Hockey was called the North Stars. The specifics of this realignment are just speculation at this point, but it is extremely unlikely the Wild will have its current group of Canadian opponents in its new division. Many Wild fans enjoy the special rivalry we have with the Flames, Oilers and Canucks but many will not miss the trips out west where Minnesota started games at 9:30PM which meant for some late nights. Not to leave out Colorado, but in many of the speculated scenarios for division realignment the Avalanche are often still in the same division as Minnesota we may not have seen the last of them as a divisional foe. So what else does the 2011-12 schedule have in store for Wild fans? (click on the link for the rest of the article)

So which games are you looking forward to? I toss out some suggestions but that's just my opinion. Enjoy and discuss!

LemaireisGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 01:57 PM
Generic User
Generic Moderator

Holy wall of text.

I am looking forward to games vs San Jose and St. Louis the most. San Jose for obvious reasons and St. Louis because the Wild always seemed to play a great game against them last year... I particularly liked their home-and-home double-header series last year. Physical and intense. I'd also like to beat Dallas IN Dallas this year, but that might be me not managing my expectations properly.

Generic User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 03:15 PM
BuddyMcCormick

[Wall of Text] crits [BuddyMcCormick] for 1209873460934523 damage.
[BuddyMcCormick] dies.

I really want to go to the Devils game. I'm just curious on how the whole Parise thing will play out. See if he hints at anything. San Jose. I don't think I need to explain that one. And the Sens games, due to their over the top hatred of Heatley.

BuddyMcCormick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 03:42 PM
se7en
infamous...

I for one am looking forward to the following:

any & all games vs The Sharks.

all games vs Vancouver. For some reason I have a feeling we're really going to be a thorn in their side this year.

Games vs The Blackhawks, espcially our first. I dont know why but with all the trades & FA pick-ups, also with helping them make the play-offs last season I kind of feel like they're our friend in the league. (well them and SJ now) I think we have good battles & I think that it will be fun to play them this season. And regardless of the outcome I feel like we have a solid mutual respect for eachothers teams & fanbases..

The Oilers, one to see their young guys & two too hopefully keep beating them at home.

Home game vs The Devils (Only if our fans are really going to chant to try to get Parise to come "home" haha) That would be really cool if the place went nuts for him every time he touched the puck. I would think that would leave a good lasting impression!

lastly, I look forward to playing pretty much any team from the East. I really enjoy playing the teams we dont see much..

Oh & lastly for real this time, the Jets! I think itll be cool to see them play as the Jets for the first time..

se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 04:13 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

I'm looking forwards to 12/13 Wild @ Jets as it's the game I have the best chance of seeing. The 3 hour drive to Winnipeg beats the hell out of the 5.5 hour drive to St. Paul. This, of course, assumes I can get tickets...

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 04:17 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Wild @ Habs

Revenge time!

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 06:05 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Wild @ Habs

Revenge time!
Haha, if only. Even if the Wild actually do some damage, I think we'd have to get thousands of our fans to fly out to Montreal and chant the whole time, too.

llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 06:05 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Senator's home opener. Sure to be lots of booing and chants of "HEATLEY SUCKS!!!" Should be entertaining. Also of course San Jose's first trip to the Xcel. My guess is that Burns gets a standing ovation (of course) and Havlat will get a mix of claps and boos. Going to Winnipeg should be fun to watch as well.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 06:36 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Senator's home opener. Sure to be lots of booing and chants of "HEATLEY SUCKS!!!" Should be entertaining. Also of course San Jose's first trip to the Xcel. My guess is that Burns gets a standing ovation (of course) and Havlat will get a mix of claps and boos. Going to Winnipeg should be fun to watch as well.
I don't think Havlat gets booed. Generally bitterness is saved for players who turn us down for a higher bidder (or worse, a lower bidder...Gaborik), or demand a trade (Knoblauch). He played here for two years, put up some awesome highlights, and brought back an awesome return in a trade that every party seemed pretty OK with.

llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 06:43 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
All of them. I'm viewing this season as a warm up for the following season so I just want to see progress from one end to the other.

edit: well, games with drama are always interesting for a little bit at least. We get to feel the hate of Sens fans this year when we play them. Hooray for Heatley!

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 01:55 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 841

Wild vs. Senators, for sure. I'm hoping Ottowa's hate for Heatley will help us develop a rivalry of sorts - even if it's with a team in the East.

:thrashers (Jets)

Of course, Wild vs. Jets because it'll just be cool to see the new team.

Also, I'm really interested in the Panthers. I have a feeling they will surprise with their completely revamped roster.

First game at the Xcel Energy Center against San Jose will be good. Can't wait to see the standing ovation. It'll also be interesting to see the fans' reaction in San Jose to Heatley and Seto.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 02:04 PM
BigT2002

Home Opener. Wings. Pens. Sharks. Pretty much it....

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 02:32 PM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

I want to see the Jets just because of the new team, also the Ottawa game to see the Heatley haters.

Northland Wild Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 03:03 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Anybody know when they usually release the TV schedule?

AdmiralsFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 03:17 PM
a79krgm

Send a message via AIM to a79krgm
Pittsburgh in October.

... but I'm afraid Sidney will still be out with headaches.

a79krgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 05:03 PM
RxDangles19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
Holy wall of text.

I am looking forward to games vs San Jose and St. Louis the most. San Jose for obvious reasons and St. Louis because the Wild always seemed to play a great game against them last year... I particularly liked their home-and-home double-header series last year. Physical and intense. I'd also like to beat Dallas IN Dallas this year, but that might be me not managing my expectations properly.
Agreed, those home-and-home games were so exciting to watch. The energy and animosity levels were through the roof. I remember Stoner landing a very nice punch in a fight that was awesome. Plus if I remember correctly it was hockey day Minnesota, which made it all the more memorable.

RxDangles19 is offline   Reply With Quote