HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[CBJ/MTL] Mike Blunden for Ryan Russell (July 2011)

Old
07-07-2011, 04:28 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
And in fairness, it was a bit of a cheap shot.
So? That is unrelated imo..

We aren't talking about how dirty he is..

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 04:45 PM
Gainey#1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
You keep saying this and people keep telling you that Conboy is not ready for the nhl.

Instead of repeating yourself, why don't you address those people who are calling you out on what is a ridiculous argument and a largely false one.

Conboy is in the AHL because he's not good enough for the NHL and no other reason.
Everyone has their own opinion. Some people believe Conboy is not ready, and I happen to believe he is ready for the NHL.

Sometimes you have to take chances and give them an opportunity to prove themselves.

Seems like you have been brainwashed by the Gauthier/Martin era like many others.

Gainey#1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 04:50 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekamaniac View Post
Everyone has their own opinion. Some people believe Conboy is not ready, and I happen to believe he is ready for the NHL.

Sometimes you have to take chances and give them an opportunity to prove themselves.

Seems like you have been brainwashed by the Gauthier/Martin era like many others.

The only one that is brain washed is you. Conboy was not ready last year. Moreover, if the Canadiens were truly against physicality and toughness, they would have not called up White and kept on the team for the entire season. Nor would they play Moen or acquired Mara.

Conboy was not good enough to replace anyone on the bottom 6 last year, including Pyatt. This year we'll see what happens.

Your conspiracy is poorly formulated and has many holes in its logic.

There is literally nothing to complain about. You wanted a top6 winger with size and you got one. You wanted a bottom 6 winger who is physical with size and you got one. It's kind of hilarious how you are still trying to stretch this out as though it is something bad. In fact, it's just down right pathetic.

It's either you are a troll or just a massive complainer(now cue the "I'm not satisfied with 1st round exits, but you are" comment.)

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
That is the problem right there my friend. He will start in Hamilton, and like Conboy, will not see any ice-time with the big club this year.

What is the point in acquiring size and grit if we don't play them?
the guy we gave away was guaranteed to start next season in AHL, the guy we acquire will likely start next season in AHL... and that's a problem, really...

get a clue.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
He got knocked out by a pretty tough guy in Svitov. I don't want Emelin fighting..he's more important on the ice rather then the penalty box or even the press box.
or in the morgue.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 04:51 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:

He'll get an opportunity in camp. If he can't outplay someone on the roster, why the **** would he get to be in the starting lineup?

P.S. Blunden got skillz :
http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/video...le?hlp=8471663

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 04:51 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:

based on what ?

Old
07-07-2011, 05:02 PM
Gainey#1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
based on what ?
Based on our team needs, and also based on the fact that he has been steadily improving the past two seasons in the AHL. He jumped from 13 points to 23 points, and more importantly from a -1 to a +3.

I don't believe he will learn much more in the AHL. He needs some 4th line duty. I think a line of Moen/White/Conboy could be amazing.

Gainey#1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:02 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
It is a good move if they give him a chance, but we all know he is going to rot in Hamilton with Conboy and Schultz and never given a chance while our peewee's get pushed around in the NHL.
The way I see it, if Blunden doesnt make the team, he will at least help our big boys like Conboy and Schults to improve their game in the AHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
He got knocked out by a pretty tough guy in Svitov. I don't want Emelin fighting..he's more important on the ice rather then the penalty box or even the press box.
To be fair, Svitov jumped on Emelin like possesed animal.. Svitov is something like 6"4 235 lbs..

Quote:
That is the problem right there my friend. He will start in Hamilton, and like Conboy, will not see any ice-time with the big club this year.

What is the point in acquiring size and grit if we don't play them?
Conboy and Schultz are still improving kids, its not easy to reach the NHL and become a notable intimidating presence on the ice, Gauthier probably wants to make sure that Conboy is close to be 100% ready to make the jump, cause a couple of bad shifts in the NHL where he is the intimidated, not the intimidator and we could lose him easily, that type of role is usually played by older guys.. Same with Schultz, he will have to find a way to play his game and gain confidence at the AHL level before being even considered a good prospect..

Quote:
You keep saying this and people keep telling you that Conboy is not ready for the nhl.

Instead of repeating yourself, why don't you address those people who are calling you out on what is a ridiculous argument and a largely false one.

Conboy is in the AHL because he's not good enough for the NHL and no other reason.
Conboy is still in the AHL for the reasons I mentionned above, cause this guy has clearly everything to be a pretty solid grinder on the fourth line, outside maybe fighting abilities.. Personally I like what Ryan White has done for us last year, he played this game with alot of heart and fire but Im not really sure he will be able to keep that style of play on a longer period of time in the NHL, he isnt the biggest guy out there and Im effraid he hits a wall sooner than later.. A bit like Greg Stewart who completely sat on his 1 way contract.. On another side, if Conboy acclimates well in the NHL, i could see him last for a long time.. He is a big body playing a strong north south type of game, hits hard and is very tough to play against..

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 07-07-2011 at 05:10 PM.
NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:05 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Based on our team needs, and also based on the fact that he has been steadily improving the past two seasons in the AHL. He jumped from 13 points to 23 points, and more importantly from a -1 to a +3.

I don't believe he will learn much more in the AHL. He needs some 4th line duty. I think a line of Moen/White/Conboy could be amazing.

ok, i'll rephrase since you didnt get it : what did YOU see in him that makes you think he's ready ?

Old
07-07-2011, 05:05 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:

I don't believe he will learn much more in the AHL. He needs some 4th line duty. I think a line of
Moen/White/Conboy could be amazing.
Have you ever seen Conboy fight? He would get killed in the NHL. This business of trying to throw a haymaker everytime you punch will backfire against NHL calibre players. So if he can't fight, kill penalties or play on the PP, how is he a better option than other players?

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
But have you seen him play? Answering a team need because of his style of play, and steadily improving, says nothing about the quality of a player. And 23 points in 63 games aren't impressive, even for a future bottom-6 NHLers. By comparison, Blunden scored 21 pts in 37 games last season in the AHL.

Quote:
Only if Conboy is actually ready for the NHL. If not, it sucks, and we are better seeking other options.

Last edited by Goldthorpe: 07-07-2011 at 05:17 PM.
Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:18 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Ryan Russel was born in Caroline, Alberta
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=73435

Kris Russel was born in Red Deer, Alberta
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=73434

but they are twins
It's Alberta. they do things differently out there.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:24 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Hmm, Yemelin is the type that isn't afraid to get dirty so I wouldn't want him in 'revenge mode' if I were the Bruins.
How will his willingness to play in mud scare the Bruins?

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Dharvey33

140 post for a minor trade like this Blunden is a bust and Russell sucked 4th liner in the AHL.

We win the trade but who cares?

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:33 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Ryan Russell had no future with the Habs, Blunden has a possibility, hes what we need. a Young 24 year old grinder who can play the wing on the 3rd or 4th line, has speed, and hits. Excellent, I'm very happy we gave up only Russell for a guy like Blunden, Imo Russell's value was lower than Blundens. Much lower.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:35 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Hopefully this is not the deal to get a big forward PG has been working on, although I don't mind Blunden (or Willsie for that matter).
lol so what do you EXPECT then really..??

i dont GET some people man,

you can please some of the people all the time
you can please all of the people some of time

but you cant please all of the people all the time

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:36 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
140 post for a minor trade like this Blunden is a bust and Russell sucked 4th liner in the AHL.

We win the trade but who cares?
We all care. A lot. 140 posts is nothing, I won't be satisfied until we have a part II.

Old
07-07-2011, 05:38 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
We all care. A lot. 140 posts is nothing, I won't be satisfied until we have a part II.
In the meantime, we are still all waiting for the acquisition of a big, NHL experienced, 4th liner...

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:43 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Seriously, are you guys trolls?
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
starting to wonder that myself.
I have a theory that the people who are so obsessed with size on this board, are the ones who possess the lowest IQ.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
In the meantime, we are still all waiting for the acquisition of a big, NHL experienced, 4th liner...
What about Greg Zanon?

Old
07-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
I have a theory that the people who are so obsessed with size on this board, are the ones who possess the lowest IQ.
And who are you to say that?

Just wondering.

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:53 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
I have a theory that the people who are convinced that size doesn't matter are actually midgets themselves.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:55 PM

6 pages of discussion for this AHL trade.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:55 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
And who are you to say that?

Just wondering.
Just some guy making an observation.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote