Ellis

Old
07-12-2011, 05:51 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMilli View Post
Did you guys see that this trade was [rumored] to originally be Hemsky and Cogliano for Bobkov, Palmieri, and our 2nd? I'd have to say it seems like we'd be making out like bandits on that deal.
It would suck to lost KP though. But yes.

Where was the source of the rumor though?

Old
07-12-2011, 05:52 PM
alx83*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
It would suck to lost KP though. But yes.

Where was the source of the rumor though?
Probably some random guy on Twitter. Some nutjob.

I just read it on the main board.

Old
07-12-2011, 05:59 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Probably some random guy on Twitter. Some nutjob.

I just read it on the main board.
Yeah, read that, too. Wouldn't put much weight into it, with everyone with a little time on their hands being able to throw around this type of stuff in all directions. Value wise, it would not have been terrible, but financially, it would all but guarantee/require Teemu to be off the books (or sign a minimum contract). Not buying it, although I don't quite doubt that Hemsky could be an interesting guy at some point - a year from now, that would be.

Old
07-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Did you guys see that this trade was [rumored] to originally be Hemsky and Cogliano for Bobkov, Palmieri, and our 2nd? I'd have to say it seems like we'd be making out like bandits on that deal.
I dont believe that at all. Way too much salary going to the Ducks.

Old
07-12-2011, 08:01 PM
2faded

Just looking at Gordon's stats im curious to see how many points he can put up. He's been improving every season in the AHL. Though, wasnt Caps AHL team really good? Idk, I'd try him out.

Old
07-12-2011, 08:16 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry
Blake- Koivu-Selanne
Beleskey-McMillan-Cogliano
Jaques-Macenauer-Parros

Old
07-12-2011, 08:18 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax00 View Post
Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry
Blake- Koivu-Selanne
Beleskey-McMillan-Cogliano
Jaques-Macenauer-Parros
I just can't see a situation where McMillan beats out Cogliano for the center position. He's worse at faceoffs, less experienced and played his best hockey as a wing last year. Whereas Cogs is known to be much more effective playing center, rather than wing.

Old
07-13-2011, 03:22 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
How do you figure? McMillan will be better, Sexton will hopefully get his s*** together, Coligano seems like a big improvement over Chipchura. But I don't think Murray is done.
Not to mention we'll have Beleskey at 100% rather then having him injured.

Old
07-13-2011, 06:17 AM
Giguere27

Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry
Blake-Koivu-Selänne
McMillan-Cogliano-Gordon
Beleskey-Maceneuer-Parros

Old
07-13-2011, 09:50 AM
SoCalHockey

Maybe I just slept well last night but I'm actually getting pretty excited about our third line. Although Cogliano isn't great at the dot, he is reliable defensively and very speedy. I see him and McMillian working well together. They are both hard nose players that give 110% and they both have speed that can create chances. If the change of scenery can light a fire under Cogs then I expect him to improve in all aspects of his game. He has two new mentors in the faceoff department with Marchant and Koivu, plenty of talent and experience surrounding him and a lot less pressure being in Anaheim.

The only issue remaining is their linemate. They aren't huge guys but they play with a lot of heart and grit. They will take hits and give hits and still get up faster then most other players to stay in the play. So do we need to give them a big body presence? Someone that doesn't have to "play big" to play big? Or finish off that line with another speedy defensive minded player and let them just play hard and fast?

Unless Mcmillian decides to regress, I'm looking forward to a Mcmillian/Cogliano pairing. Do we give them Beleskey? Or Gordon (whom I know little of, though, he does have some great AHL stats..)?

Old
07-13-2011, 09:59 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
DSP is quite a good hitter, so why don't we give him a shot? Or Maroon?

Old
07-13-2011, 10:37 AM
Finnpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
DSP is quite a good hitter, so why don't we give him a shot? Or Maroon?
Why not though nothing is free like everybody knows... the youngsters and AHLers have to fight for the few available positions. Best ones stays. I think we are going to have pretty interesting camp.

I personally would like to see DSP making the team all ready this season...I can't wait to see him in Ducks uniform.

Old
07-13-2011, 11:03 AM
JabbaJabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
Why not though nothing is free like everybody knows... the youngsters and AHLers have to fight for the few available positions. Best ones stays. I think we are going to have pretty interesting camp.

I personally would like to see DSP making the team all ready this season...I can't wait to see him in Ducks uniform.
Yeah, I hope he makes it but I don't want to rush anyone. Prospects need to earn their positions. There are a lot of guys trying to make it and many have good chances. It's going to be interesting.

Old
07-13-2011, 11:42 AM
airforceones25

sexton, dsp, etem, palmieri, gordon all fighting for one position. should be interesting

Old
07-13-2011, 12:36 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
sexton, dsp, etem, palmieri, gordon all fighting for one position. should be interesting
One position? I figure everyone on a 2 way deal will have to earn their spot. I see more then one spot up for grabs (as of now)

Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry
Blake-Koivu-Selanne
McMillan-Coggs-______
Belesekey-______-Parros
______

McMillan is on a 2 way deal but I think he's safe. I expect the 4th line center spot to be filled through free agency, but that leaves two spots up for grabs. Being the extra forward in the NHL gets them a lot more money then being on top line in AHL. Now obviously a top prospect will not sit in the pressbox daily, but I'd say the front runners for that spot are JFJ, McGrattan, and Sexton. Personally I think McGrattan will be the extra guy once the season starts. Now the last spot will be an open competition for sure like you said.

Old
07-13-2011, 12:42 PM
JabbaJabba

How about McGrattan-JFJ-Parros for a 4th line? If they don't get the puck, they'll punch you! Also Deslauriers should be playing too .

Old
07-13-2011, 12:54 PM
Lupul1990

Can anyone else see something like that?

1 Beleskey-Getzlaf-Perry
2a McMillan-Cogliano-Ryan
2b Blake-Koivu-Selanne (they're 2b only due to their age)
4 Parros-Bonino-Sexton
Jacques

Palmieri and Holland would be coming in from AHL as injury replacements. It's also possible Etem or DSP would play 9 games at the beginning of the season. They would take Beleskey's and/or Sexton's spot for those games.

Old
07-13-2011, 01:14 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

The only way RPG is broken up is if someone like DSP or Palmeiri have a great camp. Belesekey made that line go from elite to good. I doubt RPG ever gets broken up this year. Only way I thought it was possible was if we brought in another top 2nd line center. Coggs is good but not good enough to break up RPG. Obviously if somehow Coggs and Ryan develop some sort of chemistry then things could change but I doubt it.

Old
07-13-2011, 01:15 PM
JabbaJabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupul1990 View Post
Can anyone else see something like that?

1 Beleskey-Getzlaf-Perry
2a McMillan-Cogliano-Ryan
2b Blake-Koivu-Selanne (they're 2b only due to their age)
4 Parros-Bonino-Sexton
Jacques

Palmieri and Holland would be coming in from AHL as injury replacements. It's also possible Etem or DSP would play 9 games at the beginning of the season. They would take Beleskey's and/or Sexton's spot for those games.
Sounds interesting but I'm not sure if McMillan and Cogliano are good enough linemates for Ryan. Their offensive skills are not good enough for top 6 role. Although McMillan might have some potential yet to be discovered.

Old
07-13-2011, 01:26 PM
davidy2d
Heater Clap Bombs

I think Beleskey in the future (or someone like DSP) will fill in on that top line, but he still has work to do where the line doesn't suffer too much. RPG are equal enough in talent where you can't slack off by not covering one guy. Beleskey has a great shot and can cycle decently but he's by far the weak link and I think Getz and Perry will be defended too heavily to be effective until Beleskey becomes more dangerous.

Let him play in the bottom six where there are easier minutes and he can work on rounding out his game or being the go to guy on a 4th line.

DSP I hear, like Perry, has a knack for knowing where to go and being great around the net. I think in the future it could be best to have them on separate lines and have DSP and Ryan play together, unless Perry wanted to get away from the down low goals and work a bit higher up.

Old
07-13-2011, 01:36 PM
airforceones25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
One position? I figure everyone on a 2 way deal will have to earn their spot. I see more then one spot up for grabs (as of now)
I was referring to the 3rd line wing. None of these players are projected to play center so I figured it was obvious.

Old
07-13-2011, 11:31 PM
Seanconn*
mission accomplished

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidy2d View Post
I think Beleskey in the future (or someone like DSP) will fill in on that top line, but he still has work to do where the line doesn't suffer too much. RPG are equal enough in talent where you can't slack off by not covering one guy. Beleskey has a great shot and can cycle decently but he's by far the weak link and I think Getz and Perry will be defended too heavily to be effective until Beleskey becomes more dangerous.

Let him play in the bottom six where there are easier minutes and he can work on rounding out his game or being the go to guy on a 4th line.

DSP I hear, like Perry, has a knack for knowing where to go and being great around the net. I think in the future it could be best to have them on separate lines and have DSP and Ryan play together, unless Perry wanted to get away from the down low goals and work a bit higher up.
Beleskey is not first line material.

Old
07-14-2011, 03:39 PM
TeMoZ

Id really like Murray to sign a guy like Ryan Johnson for the 4th line for a year. Great at faceoffs, solid PKer and made only 500k last year.

Old
07-14-2011, 03:53 PM
davidy2d
Heater Clap Bombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanconn View Post
Beleskey is not first line material.
That's why I said with continued development he could be a good complimentary player on our first line. Jason Blake isn't an ideal second liner at this point in his career but he is on our team because he plays a good complimentary role.

Closed Thread