HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Off-Season Talk: Who Comes And Who Goes ‎- Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-21-2011, 11:57 AM
  #101
KlattNazty
Registered User
 
KlattNazty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,339
vCash: 500
Hi guys, leafs fan, i heard that trade on the radio too, didnt sound right.....

That being said, is there any actual need to move some of the heavy contracts? You guys are well below the cap, is there an internal one? Id really like to get Connolly (yaya impossible i know) or Ashton, is it feasible at all that one of these two could be made available?

I honestly dont know your situation very well, so before you **** on me for asking for one of them, i figure id simply see whats possible.

KlattNazty is offline  
Old
07-21-2011, 12:04 PM
  #102
TheDaysOf 04
Moderator
Rated [SFY]
 
TheDaysOf 04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 16,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamshot View Post
Hi guys, leafs fan, i heard that trade on the radio too, didnt sound right.....

That being said, is there any actual need to move some of the heavy contracts? You guys are well below the cap, is there an internal one? Id really like to get Connolly (yaya impossible i know) or Ashton, is it feasible at all that one of these two could be made available?

I honestly dont know your situation very well, so before you **** on me for asking for one of them, i figure id simply see whats possible.
There is no internal cap. Like you said we are below the cap by a couple million so there's no need to move anyone right now. Ashton and Connolly are arguably our 2 best prospects so I don't see them going anywhere either.

TheDaysOf 04 is offline  
Old
07-21-2011, 12:40 PM
  #103
Hockeyfan02
Registered User
 
Hockeyfan02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pistivity
Country: United States
Posts: 13,826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamshot View Post
Hi guys, leafs fan, i heard that trade on the radio too, didnt sound right.....

That being said, is there any actual need to move some of the heavy contracts? You guys are well below the cap, is there an internal one? Id really like to get Connolly (yaya impossible i know) or Ashton, is it feasible at all that one of these two could be made available?

I honestly dont know your situation very well, so before you **** on me for asking for one of them, i figure id simply see whats possible.
Neither one's going to be moved, but I don't see why Connolly or Ashton would be moved if the team is moving heavy contracts or to get under an internal cap.

Hockeyfan02 is offline  
Old
07-21-2011, 12:42 PM
  #104
stammerhammer91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High View Post
Bergeron was brutal in many of the games against Boston where he was given 3rd pairing ice time. He scored a timely goal against Washington in game 4 and had a big hit on Krejci that he was unjustly penalized for. Other than that he played reasonable defense in a couple other games, but he wasn't one of our "better defenseman" in the post-season; he simply played above the expectations we set forth for him. As albatross pointed out, it was more our defense disappearing than Bergeron proving his worth, as Clark, Jones and Lundin struggled mightily against Boston and Kubina was injured.


Asking him to play regular minutes is a disaster waiting to happen, as there's a reason why he had trouble in his career finding regular NHL minutes before signing with us. You also can't compare him to Bergenheim or Thompson as they provided value to our team; there's no reason to sign a PP specialist to a 2 year deal.


Yea your probably right along with albatross, i just got used to watching bad bergeron, but im guessing the 2 year deal means that in 2 years barberio is going to take his spot on the blueline.

stammerhammer91 is offline  
Old
07-21-2011, 02:16 PM
  #105
snowden
Man is matter
 
snowden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High View Post
Bergeron was brutal in many of the games against Boston where he was given 3rd pairing ice time. He scored a timely goal against Washington in game 4 and had a big hit on Krejci that he was unjustly penalized for. Other than that he played reasonable defense in a couple other games, but he wasn't one of our "better defenseman" in the post-season; he simply played above the expectations we set forth for him. As albatross pointed out, it was more our defense disappearing than Bergeron proving his worth, as Clark, Jones and Lundin struggled mightily against Boston and Kubina was injured.

Asking him to play regular minutes is a disaster waiting to happen, as there's a reason why he had trouble in his career finding regular NHL minutes before signing with us. You also can't compare him to Bergenheim or Thompson as they provided value to our team; there's no reason to sign a PP specialist to a 2 year deal.
This. A couple alright playoff games (and some bad ones) does not make me think MAB will all the sudden find his defensive game. The 2 year contract was pretty crazy to me so hopefully he can bring that PP specialist stuff he is known for. Don't really want to see him get lots of minutes, though.

snowden is online now  
Old
07-21-2011, 02:45 PM
  #106
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,097
vCash: 500
I think Koci is still available.

Felonious Python is offline  
Old
07-21-2011, 08:10 PM
  #107
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,097
vCash: 500
We're not alone in our top-six shortage.

Quote:
Holland admits he tried to add another forward to the team.

“I’d like to add a top-six forward, but so would every other team in the league,” Holland said. “When free agency started, we wanted to add a guy like Dan Cleary. A good, two-way forward and we explored free agency, but came up short on a few (players) either in dollars or length of term.”

The Red Wings pursued both Thomas Fleischmann and Scottie Upshall, who both signed with Florida.

While the club didn’t add experience, Holland is now $6 million US under the cap, which can be used to address any shortcomings at forward later.
http://www.windsorstar.com/Detroit+l...#ixzz1SnAxza00

Felonious Python is offline  
Old
07-22-2011, 09:46 AM
  #108
KlattNazty
Registered User
 
KlattNazty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
There is no internal cap. Like you said we are below the cap by a couple million so there's no need to move anyone right now. Ashton and Connolly are arguably our 2 best prospects so I don't see them going anywhere either.
Thanks for the replies. I dont even know why TO media is pumping that TB needs to dump cap, yes you have some meh contracts but who doesnt. Facepalm for the media!

KlattNazty is offline  
Old
07-22-2011, 10:59 AM
  #109
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stammerhammer91 View Post
Yea your probably right along with albatross, i just got used to watching bad bergeron, but im guessing the 2 year deal means that in 2 years barberio is going to take his spot on the blueline.
Bergeron doesn't have a spot on the blueline if he's always chasing the guy he just let by.

Felonious Python is offline  
Old
07-22-2011, 11:19 AM
  #110
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Right Behind Me!
Posts: 10,444
vCash: 500
Yes, I'm going to say it again, Vinny Freaking Prospal. One year deal, $1.5m, will help on the PP. Get it done.

BadHammy* is offline  
Old
07-22-2011, 11:29 AM
  #111
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,097
vCash: 500
I've been looking at free agents in Euro leagues, and a few names stick out: Alexei Yashin, Kyle Wellwood, Alexander Korolyuk, Miroslav Satan, and Igor Grigorenko.

Yashin and Wellwood aren't intense enough, and Grigorenko (very, very) briefly came over to NA after his car accident, but is putting the points up now in the KHL.

That leaves Korolyuk, who I don't see coming back for whatever reason, and Satan, who I wouldn't mind giving a spot to in training camp.


Last edited by Felonious Python: 07-22-2011 at 11:41 AM.
Felonious Python is offline  
Old
07-22-2011, 11:38 AM
  #112
Benders Lindyhop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 4,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
I've been looking at free agents in Euro leagues, and a few names stick out: Alexei Yashin, Kyle Wellwood, Alexander Korolyuk, Miroslav Satan, and Igor Grigorenko.
Apparently Yashin is in serious negotiations with...wait for it...the Islanders. Why not, he's already the guy they're laying out the most money for.

Benders Lindyhop is offline  
Old
07-22-2011, 11:48 AM
  #113
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
Apparently Yashin is in serious negotiations with...wait for it...the Islanders. Why not, he's already the guy they're laying out the most money for.
?

Not anymore.

Felonious Python is offline  
Old
07-22-2011, 11:58 AM
  #114
Benders Lindyhop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 4,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
?

Not anymore.
Rephrase to, he's the most worthless person they are laying out money for? No wait, they've still got DiPietro. I give up. It's still weird that they would consider bringing back Yashin though.

Benders Lindyhop is offline  
Old
07-22-2011, 01:00 PM
  #115
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
Rephrase to, he's the most worthless person they are laying out money for? No wait, they've still got DiPietro. I give up. It's still weird that they would consider bringing back Yashin though.
DiPietro is hardly worthless when he's playing healthy. Since that basically never happens however...

What I'm not understanding on the part of the Islanders is why they would bring Yashin back 'in an effort to excite the fanbase'. Do they not understand that this emoticon is still called yashin?


Last edited by Felonious Python: 07-22-2011 at 01:10 PM.
Felonious Python is offline  
Old
07-22-2011, 01:20 PM
  #116
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own
 
The Wyzerhood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
DiPietro is hardly worthless when he's playing healthy. Since that basically never happens however...

What I'm not understanding on the part of the Islanders is why they would bring Yashin back 'in an effort to excite the fanbase'. Do they not understand that this emoticon is still called yashin?
Well they'll need something to excite the fan base once they trade Tavares to the Leafs.

The Wyzerhood is offline  
Old
07-22-2011, 01:22 PM
  #117
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High View Post
Well they'll need something to excite the fan base once they trade Tavares to the Leafs.
and move to Kansas City.

Random fact about the Yashin contract. It was signed as a 10-year deal before the start of 01-02, which means that it would have only expired July 1, had it not been terminated.


Last edited by Felonious Python: 07-22-2011 at 01:29 PM.
Felonious Python is offline  
Old
07-22-2011, 02:00 PM
  #118
garmonbozia
Registered User
 
garmonbozia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
I've been looking at free agents in Euro leagues, and a few names stick out: Alexei Yashin, Kyle Wellwood, Alexander Korolyuk, Miroslav Satan, and Igor Grigorenko.

Yashin and Wellwood aren't intense enough, and Grigorenko (very, very) briefly came over to NA after his car accident, but is putting the points up now in the KHL.

That leaves Korolyuk, who I don't see coming back for whatever reason, and Satan, who I wouldn't mind giving a spot to in training camp.
Igor Grigorenko is intriguing, but, under contract one more year. He's expressed interest a few times since his accident about wanting to make it back to the NHL.

I was surprised at how quickly the Wings moved on from him following his rehab, considering how patient with their prospects they normally are. It was a significant injury and he did come back out of shape and lacking NHL speed. His numbers his first season back in the KHL were bad, but they've been much better since. Seems like he was a pretty important piece of a (Gagarin) Cup winning team last year. He might be ready to move on to a greater challenge.

If Yzerman has any connection to Grigorenko from the Red Wings it could make for an interesting fit next offseason.

As for the others;
No interest in Yashin, though i think he can still be an effective 2nd/3rd liner in the NHL.
Wellwood might have been an acceptable alternative to Shannon, but seems redundant and unneccesary now.
Korolyuk - not sure- is this the guy that fled to the KHL after some odd trade shenanigans between SJ and NJ? i.e. Does somebody still possess his NHL rights?
Satan, don't think he can beat out the competition we've already got coming to camp but it'd be worth an invite to let him try.

garmonbozia is offline  
Old
07-23-2011, 03:48 PM
  #119
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,097
vCash: 500
Jackets sign Prospal.

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news...id=DL|CBJ|home

Felonious Python is offline  
Old
07-27-2011, 11:58 AM
  #120
MrSerious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,099
vCash: 500
Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere but the Lightning signed Tommy Pyatt to a 2 way contract a couple weeks ago.

MrSerious is offline  
Old
07-27-2011, 12:06 PM
  #121
LightningStrikes
Moderator
SFY
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,360
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere but the Lightning signed Tommy Pyatt to a 2 way contract a couple weeks ago.
It's buried somewhere in here: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=925903

LightningStrikes is offline  
Old
07-27-2011, 02:23 PM
  #122
Drouin2Stamkos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,974
vCash: 500
I think Yzermans doing the right thing though. There isnt a whole lot out there but what he can do is swing a trade here or there for a guy when the deadline comes. If not save the money for Hedman next season.

Drouin2Stamkos is offline  
Old
07-27-2011, 05:58 PM
  #123
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,028
vCash: 500
We are right where we need to be. Leave the slack to Connolly, Panik, Ashton, and Jones.

The Fear Boners is offline  
Old
08-01-2011, 12:11 PM
  #124
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,097
vCash: 500
The Lightning have run out of ideas:
http://twitter.com/#!/TBLightning/st...31922625773568

Quote:
#TBLightning fans... RT @NHL: If you could make a wish and add any ONE player to your favorite team ... who would it be? #NHL
Well, I can't say Marc-Andre Bergeron to the Lightning, because that dream has come true.

A prime Bobby Orr.

Or, perhaps more accurately, anybody to the Solar Bears. (not Rumun Ndur however, I refuse to budge on that)


Last edited by Felonious Python: 08-01-2011 at 12:19 PM.
Felonious Python is offline  
Old
08-01-2011, 12:14 PM
  #125
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates
 
Going Back to Cally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St.Pete, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 28,695
vCash: 286
Shea Weber please.

__________________
Error 503 Service Unavailable
Going Back to Cally is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.