HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Foligno eyes Sabres roster spot

Old
07-08-2011, 09:41 PM
Sabretip

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
I doubt a guy who has coached hundreds of young hockey players would get too emotionally involved in how his son is handled by the organization, if that's the concern. Surely he understands the tough decisions that coaches face in handling players. If the concern is from the younger's perspective, he was already coached by his dad. I don't think it's much to worry about.
I'm thinking more of the perception by Marcus' teammates if Mike is an assistant coach. It would seem that Mike would have to be even tougher on his own son to avoid any sense he's showing favoritism in any decision he makes.

Maybe it won't be a big deal but I'd rather not go there...

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Amd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Begbie View Post
From what I saw at the World Juniors, I'd love to see the Sabres find a way to fit Foligno into their starting line-up. I know it's unlikely, but I'd rather have a guy on the team that's going to go balls-to-the-wall every shift than someone whose game is usually inconsistent. Boyes does come to mind. As much as I'm willing to give him another shot to get back to old scoring ways, I think Foligno would cause more problems for the opposition and he has some decent talent as well.
I have been watching Foligno and Adam skate almost every week for the past two months, of course barring this past week. I am completely honest when I say that if I had to pick one of the two based on evaluating there skating, stick handling and shooting to start in Buffalo, just going off of what I saw, it would be Foligno. He is bigger, faster, tighter turns, better stick handling and his shot is incredibly hard. However, as we all know, that is not game play. It is just skating. Adam just looks slow and out of shape. as far as Foligno, the kid doesn't feel that there is nothing that he can not do. If he sets his mind to it, he will accomplish it. I think he will be a fantastic player on this team for a long time someday. He just has to learn how to translate it to this level.

Amd is offline   Reply With Quote