HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Randy Cunneyworth and Randy Ladouceur join Jacques Martin as assistant coaches

Old
07-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Chris Cutter
BELIEVE IN DOUGLAS

vCash: 500
Randy Cunneyworth and Randy Ladouceur join Jacques Martin as assistant coaches

CanadiensMTL Montreal Canadiens
Cunneyworth and Ladouceur named assistant coaches in Montreal. Details. http://goha.bs/q5e8FY

Clément Jodoin named as Head Coach of the Hamilton Bulldogs. Details. http://goha.bs/r2RoBM

Discuss

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 10:04 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

didn't see this one coming..

bcv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 10:05 AM
Andy

Who's gonna develop the boys in Hamilton? That will be the next question.

Edit: NVM, it;s there. Silly me.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 10:05 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Who's gonna develop the boys in Hamilton? That will be the next question.
Clément Jodoin

Old
07-22-2011, 10:07 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

I don't understand why we didn't offer Muller the post in Hamilton, knowing that Cunneyworth is the new assistant.

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 10:08 AM
King peZ
Where's my Cup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
I don't understand why we didn't offer Muller the post in Hamilton, knowing that Cunneyworth is the new assistant.
Because we did not want a new assistant we wanted Muller!

King peZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
neofury*

So is Perry Pearn gone?

EDIT: My bad, need to l2 read better.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Cunneyworth and Ladouceur named assistant coaches in Montreal. Details. http://goha.bs/q5e8FY

Clément Jodoin named as Head Coach of the Hamilton Bulldogs. Details. http://goha.bs/r2RoBM

Discuss

One of them will coach from upstairs because Pearn and Martin are already behind the bench.

Hopefully they give a chance to a good young coach from the Q, unless they hire back Michel Therrien, or other ex-NHL coaches like Cory Clouston.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 10:10 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
Quote:
I guess there's a lot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes that we don't know about.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 10:13 AM
Andy

Quote:
Does it really need to be explained?

Old
07-22-2011, 10:14 AM
habitue*

Muller's competence in coaching is overated here.

Why bringing up the two Randy's ?

Ladouceur should had stayed in Hamilton.

Old
07-22-2011, 10:17 AM
RE-HABS

Good move.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 10:18 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Alright I'll take a whack at it. How is he overrated? Because a bunch of habs fans think he's a good coach? What about him to you has shown you how he's overrated? For all you know he's actually quite underrated, we don't really know what goes on behind closed doors so how can we know if he's overrated or not?

For all you know he was the heart of the team, the beat that kept it going. Not saying it's the case but it's a little silly to call an assistant coach overrated when you have nothing to justify the claim other than him being well liked here.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 10:21 AM
shiram

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Alright I'll take a whack at it. How is he overrated? Because a bunch of habs fans think he's a good coach? What about him to you has shown you how he's overrated? For all you know he's actually quite underrated, we don't really know what goes on behind closed doors so how can we know if he's overrated or not?

For all you know he was the heart of the team, the beat that kept it going. Not saying it's the case but it's a little silly to call an assistant coach overrated when you have nothing to justify the claim other than him being well liked here.
I'd say his lack of experience as a head coach, and the fact that alot of Habs fans wanted him to replace Martin is what makes him overrated. People thought he could step in and do a better job, but there is no record of him to compare with Martin.

shiram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 10:21 AM
habitue*

Quote:

He is overated because he still needs to prove that he can be a good head coach somewhere else than a small Canadian University. People are crying because he's gone. I am more pissed off by the habs letting go Boucher to another organization.

Old
07-22-2011, 10:23 AM
Narg98

Well I think it's fair to say he's overated since people simply rate him with... 0 experience as a head coach in a professional league !

Over... underated... could we simply see how good he will be and THEN, rate him ?

But maybe the organisation have some insights that shows he doesn't have what it takes for a young core... I don't know.

Narg98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 10:24 AM
Patccmoi

Quote:
I love how people think they have enough information to analyze the competence of a guy to be a head coach by his performance as an assistant coach (already damn hard to judge in itself since the biggest part of his job is not seen during games). I agree that it goes either way, but overrated, underrated? Who the hell knows until he actually has a head coach job.

Patccmoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 10:26 AM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

The (R)Andy's?

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 10:27 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:

Well, for one some people around here give him more credit for the team's success than Jacques Martin. You also never hear anybody praising Perry Pearn the way they do Muller, despite knowing as little about Pearn's role behind the bench as Muller's.

You also have posters who literally have said they'd want Martin to be fired so Muller could get the coaching position, in the process comparing him to Guy Boucher. All this despite Kirk's zero years of head coaching experience and the more than half a dozen teams in the NHL who turned down his services when they had a chance to pluck him up.

If Kirk Muller had never played for the Montreal Canadiens nobody would be nearly as enamored with him as they are. That to me means he's overrated because of an emotional attachment to him.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 10:29 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

The way the Randys were coaching in HAM probably means the Habs will be more agressive next year. Cunneyworth as a player was a tough customer.

Old
07-22-2011, 10:30 AM
Andy

Okay guys seriously, for the love of God, can we not talk about Kirk Muller for 20 pages and actually stay on topic for once FFS!

I'm tired of these ****ing tangents. We haven't got passed the first page and already no one is talking about the shuffle.

Old
07-22-2011, 10:31 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
The way the Randys were coaching in HAM probably means the Habs will be more agressive next year. Cunneyworth as a player was a tough customer.
maybe, they will bring up Bonneau, Conboy, Henry and Schultz with them...

Old
07-22-2011, 10:31 AM
macavoy

Quote:

Why bringing up the two Randy's ?

Ladouceur should had stayed in Hamilton.
Muller is so awesome that it takes two people to replace him

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 10:32 AM
Patccmoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Okay guys seriously, for the love of God, can we not talk about Kirk Muller for 20 pages and actually stay on topic for once FFS!

I'm tired of these ****ing tangents. We haven't got passed the first page and already no one is talking about the shuffle.
Eh, you got a good point.

Anyone who follows the LHJMQ closely knows much about Clément Jodoin as a coach? I'm more curious about him than the Randys, I heard his name but that's pretty much all I know (that and whatever is in the article...)

Patccmoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 10:32 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
Well, for one some people around here give him more credit for the team's success than Jacques Martin. You also never hear anybody praising Perry Pearn the way they do Muller, despite knowing as little about Pearn's role behind the bench as Muller's.

You also have posters who literally have said they'd want Martin to be fired so Muller could get the coaching position, in the process comparing him to Guy Boucher. All this despite Kirk's zero years of head coaching experience and the more than half a dozen teams in the NHL who turned down his services when they had a chance to pluck him up.

If Kirk Muller had never played for the Montreal Canadiens nobody would be nearly as enamored with him as they are. That to me means he's overrated because of an emotional attachment to him.
Maybe I could had used the word "HYPED" instead... But at the end, it means pretty much the same.