HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers re-sign Artem Anisimov (2 years, $1.875M per)

Old
07-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Radek27

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by gluvhand View Post
Fair enough but is it really a "generous" deal? Seems like a bit more than fair market value to me. And I mean a bit. Maybe a little kick for being a good soldier and progressing nicely. I'm not projecting to what he can or might be in the future. I think he's actually being paid for what he is. A change of pace from the usual over-payment for what players have accomplished elsewhere.
Right why give fair to above fair when the player had no rights to demand such a contract? Why does it seem i'm the only one who gets what he meant?

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 06:26 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
It's not generous when compared to similar players in the same situation. It's absolutely a fair deal in this market. Not generous, fair. The market for Anisimov was set by guys like Simmonds.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 06:52 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Right why give fair to above fair when the player had no rights to demand such a contract? Why does it seem i'm the only one who gets what he meant?
So let's see we can either be fair and give a key player a fair and cap friendly deal to create goodwill with the player, keeping him happy to be here...

Or we can take advantage of the fact that the player has no leverage and attempt to screw him for the sake of screwing him to save a couple worthless $100k of cap space to create ill will and make him want to leave.

Yep brooks is right. How silly of sather to treat a key player fairly and send a message to other players that if they work hard they will be taken care of.

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 07:00 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Anisimov is worth every penny of that contract. Its not all about goals and points, he can be put on the ice at any time because hes incredibly effective away from the puck. How many Russian centers can you say that about? He has the abilty to hit 60 points this year as well, uh, id say great deal.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 07:02 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Anisimov is worth every penny of that contract. Its not all about goals and points, he can be put on the ice at any time because hes incredibly effective away from the puck. How many Russian centers can you say that about? He has the abilty to hit 60 points this year as well, uh, id say great deal.
Basically sums it up for me.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 07:10 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
If the Rangers played hardball with Anisimov and his Agent, Brooks probably would have written an article lambasting them for doing that.... Can't win with Brooks when he's in one of his 'moods'.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 07:27 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by ostrichsized View Post
Awesome. I'd love to see AA put up 55-60 points on the pack line this year. Barring any injuries or other roadblocks in development, in 2-3 years Richards-AA-Stepan might be the best center depth in the NHL.
At the Prudential ctr for Soundgarden when I read this post, almost fell outta the balcony from laughter! Think our 3 "C's" r better than crosby, malkin, and staal? Yowzer!

Glen Teflon Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 08:03 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Doesn't make a ton of sense that we didn't try and play a little hardball with Anisimov, we could've probably talked him down a few 100K. If someone gave him a ridiculous offer sheet, i'd take the picks and run.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 08:04 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
If the Rangers played hardball with Anisimov and his Agent, Brooks probably would have written an article lambasting them for doing that.... Can't win with Brooks when he's in one of his 'moods'.
Who cares? I really don't think the Rangers take the press into account when they're negotiating contracts, most recent cases of re-signing players are proof.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 08:33 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

great deal for both sides

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 10:23 PM
Levitate

Quote:
It's generous because Artem had no bargaining chips on the table. No arbitration rights or anything. Coulda maybe got him for a bit less if we held out.

Still not complaining I think it's an okay deal, just trying to clarify what Brooks meant.
IMO the more you try to squeeze guys like Anisimov, the more trouble you have with signing them again down the road, or the more likely they could bolt when they get the chance. Plus he could get offer sheeted.

And when "a bit less" probably means $500k or less I don't worry about it too much when in general the contract is fine.

Saving a few $100k just to feel good about it is pretty stupid

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 10:38 PM
Swagelin
aka Bienvenue a ny

The contract isn't that bad. Sather was a little bit generous but Anisimov will earn every penny of the contract

Swagelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
great contract

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 10:49 PM
OverTheCap

With so many key RFAs to sign this summer, it wouldn't be worth it for Sather to squeeze Anisimov for about $100-150k less and risk a situation like Staal or Dubinsky where it drags out for the whole summer. Lock him up and move on to the other RFAs.

Last edited by OverTheCap: 07-08-2011 at 11:39 PM.
OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 11:31 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Pavel Datsyuk and err... um... Sergei Federov. rrrrrrrrh... Larionov. Maybe Slava Kozlov? Nemchinov, Brylin. That's all I can think of.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 11:37 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Glad Artie got a fair deal. Loved him since the moment he was drafted and despite all of the heat he takes on the boards, the dude has progressed every year, never complains about his role, and keeps getting better. I expect the progression to continue and for him to get around 52-55 points this year.

And c'mon, hardball with Anisimov over a couple 100K? This is the New York Rangers, not like they don't have the cap room or have to be pennypinchers. There are many other ways to get under the cap in case needed.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 11:44 PM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Pavel Datsyuk and err... um... Sergei Federov. rrrrrrrrh... Larionov. Maybe Slava Kozlov? Nemchinov, Brylin. That's all I can think of.
Only one of the players you mentioned still play in the NHL, and the others are way past their prime playing overseas.

Brendan Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 03:26 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Brolov View Post
Only one of the players you mentioned still play in the NHL, and the others are way past their prime playing overseas.
wow, thank you for that history lesson.
i am forever the wiser from you comment.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 04:07 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
NYP_Brooksie Larry Brooks
Anisimov in at $1.875M per on 2-year deal. Very generous for 3d yr guy with no arb rights who wasnt much of factor last month or in playoffs

Does Brooks have to complain about everything?

Bus stop boy always finds something to complain about.

Good deal. Right around what most were expecting and in line with what similar players in similar situations got.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 10:26 AM
Fataldogg

Good contract. While I don't see Anisimov being a 30g 30a center, he is a solid player, with a nice skill set, and someone who can definitely be a useful depth player.

I'm just hoping that Dubinsky / Callahan get appropriate contracts. I'm hoping that both Dubinsky and Callahan don't bring in any more than $3-3.5 million. Anything above $4 million would be a major overpayment.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 10:27 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
I'd just like some serious length on Callahan and Dubinsky. I can handle 4 a year for each, as long as the contracts are 5 years+ preferably.

07-09-2011, 12:01 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
wow, thank you for that history lesson.
i am forever the wiser from you comment.
To be fair the way you answered the question naming a bunch of guys who quite frankly dont play anymore THATS what should be met with sarcasm. It's not his fault you answered "How many Russian centers are around..." with the names of a bunch of Russian centers who aren't even around anymore...

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 12:09 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Generous? This is pretty similar to the Dubinsky contract two years ago, and there's not much difference in effectiveness between the two players at those points in time. Nothing wrong with giving a solid two-way young center who improved mightily this past season less than $1.9M for two years while he improves even more. Some people just need to complain.

I suppose these same people (like Brooks) would have liked to have signed a Simon Gagne type or aging vet to double this amount per year simply because they're "established".

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Is it just me or does it seem like Sathers gonna pull a 7 year deal out of his ass for Callahan? I'd love it, but its not expected. I just have a feeling we'll be surprised one way or another, whether it be good or bad.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 10:28 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Is it just me or does it seem like Sathers gonna pull a 7 year deal out of his ass for Callahan? I'd love it, but its not expected. I just have a feeling we'll be surprised one way or another, whether it be good or bad.
Callahan is 26. I doubt Sather would want to give him a contract through age 33

I love his game, but I also realize, at 5'11" 185, his game has a shelf life.

5 years is the longest Id go - anything more is quite a risk.

Bleed Ranger Blue is online now   Reply With Quote