Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winnipeg Jets acquire Eric Fehr for Danik Paquette, 4th round pick

Old
07-08-2011, 06:32 PM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

vCash: 500
I'm going to go with majority here and think this is a great trade. Now, off to do some youtube research on this fella.

razorsedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 06:33 PM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

I don't get this "RW we're looking for". He's a lowrisk/high reward acquisition.. nothing more, nothing less.

AugustBurnsRed* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Makeshift We Are
Harper is a fool.

Great deal. Fehr is a guy I've always liked. Hard-working, and big!

Makeshift We Are is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RumTumTuggernuts

I went to high school with Eric, he's a GREAT dude. Seriously, gonna be perfect for the dressing room.

Also, he led the league in 09-10 in points-per-minute. I'm predicting a 25/25 season for him if he plays 75 games.

RumTumTuggernuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Why can't this signing be viewed on it's own merit? And not compared to not resigning Stewart? Not to mention I do see Fehr as an upgrade, and not cause he's from Manitoba (that doesnt mean squat to me).

wpgsilver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
As of now, I don't think either player is a legitimate top-6er.

But, I do feel, and have always felt that Fehr can become a very reliable 2nd line RW. I've always been rather partial to a Fehr -- he's a big guy who can skate, and has a blistering snap shot.

If he can move past his injury issues -- there's a good chance he fufills his potential. I thnk that Stewart's numbers are the product of getting spoonfed icetime on a bad team. Fehr put up 21 goals getting about 12-13 minutes a game in 09-10.
I agree. He was an average player with about 0 intangibles on a team starved for offense.

Old
07-08-2011, 06:36 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Neither is Anthony Stewart.
Not saying Stewart's the answer... Just wondering why they didn't resign Stewart and use the assets used towards getting a top 6 RW.

KevFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 06:38 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
i heard he has bad shoulders? any updates on that??? he hasn't yet been able to complete a full season without getting hurt that might be his only knock

bigplay41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 06:39 PM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinOneel View Post
Not saying Stewart's the answer... Just wondering why they didn't resign Stewart and use the assets used towards getting a top 6 RW.
.... a fourth rounder and that french dude from the ECHL are worth about zilch..

Old
07-08-2011, 06:40 PM
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat

Quote:
If by assets you're referring to Paquette and the 4th...neither of these pieces would help in the endeavor of trying to acquire a legit top-6 RW. They're basically throwaway pieces -- Fehr was traded for so little because:

A) Washington needed to clear out salary, and Fehr wasn't needed anymore
B) He'd definitely a reclamation project -- but he's one that has put up decent numbers at the NHL level

I think, at this point in time, while Cheveldayoff evaluates the state of this team, that giving up so little and getting a player who is almost no risk, that could potentially end up contributing positively to the team on a regular basis, is a more productive move then risking important pieces for a player like Ales Hemsky.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 06:41 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustBurnsRed View Post
.... a fourth rounder and that french dude from the ECHL are worth about zilch..
We got a great deal because of the Caps cap issues, for what we gave up we're getting a good player. 2nd liner/3rd liner doesnt matter. we got good value and a good player.

Old
07-08-2011, 06:42 PM
MrWigglez

Quote:
I don't get this "RW we're looking for". He's a lowrisk/high reward acquisition.. nothing more, nothing less.
I agree that hes a high reward but I think hes also a bit of a higher risk. He has missed a lot of games due to injury and from the sounds of it wont even be starting the season with us because of injury.

If hes healthy he could be a 2nd line RW.

As for the Stewart comparison I think we should look at both of their overall careers not just last season.

Fehr - GP230 G46 A47 PTS93
Stewart - GP185 G18 A33 PTS51

Stewart did have a breakout year last season but Fehr has been more consistent through his career.

MrWigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 06:42 PM
KevFist
is best pony

You guys are right. What was I thinking? It makes perfect sense to trade assets to a divisional rival and take on more payroll when you can get the same effort and better durability from a cheaper player. It all makes perfect sense now. Thank you for showing me the light and correcting me from the errors of my ways.

Old
07-08-2011, 06:43 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWigglez View Post
I agree that hes a high reward but I think hes also a bit of a higher risk. He has missed a lot of games due to injury and from the sounds of it wont even be starting the season with us because of injury.

As for the Stewart comparison I think we should look at both of their overall careers not just last season.

Stewart did have a breakout year last season but Fehr has been more consistent through his career.
It's not high risk. We're "risking" a 4th round pick and a scrub (little harsh maybe).

Old
07-08-2011, 06:44 PM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWigglez View Post

I'm not sure if you know what "high risk" actually means. There's no risk because they didn't give up anything of worth for him.

Old
07-08-2011, 06:46 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Just be patient!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksnWpg View Post
Keith was just born in Winnipeg, he does not consider Winnipeg home like Toews, Fehr, etc do. He grew up in Thunder Bay
We won't hold that against him. We'll take him anyway.

AndersUlfBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat

Quote:
You guys are right. What was I thinking? It makes perfect sense to trade assets to a divisional rival and take on more payroll when you can get the same effort and better durability from a cheaper player. It all makes perfect sense now. Thank you for showing me the light and correcting me from the errors of my ways.
Come on. Paquette and a 4th are near worthless pieces. If anything, trading Fehr within the division could end up biting Washington in the ass.

Regarding finances -- this team isn't going to be anywhere near the cap celing. Paying a little extra for what could turn out to be a more productive move means squat in the long run.

Old
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

Quote:
By the time Paquette and the 4th reach the NHL, Winnipeg won't be in the same division as the Caps and in all likelihood not even the same conference.

atl thrasher344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 06:47 PM
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl thrasher344 View Post
By the time Paquette and the 4th reach the NHL, Winnipeg won't be in the same division as the Caps and in all likelihood not even the same conference.
That too.

Old
07-08-2011, 06:48 PM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

Quote:
Worthless assets, and a divisional rival for one year. Same effort? Stewart sucks. End of ****ing story. There is a reason why he is a cheaper player. Way to take the only possible negatives to the deal (not even negatives as I mentioned in the beginning of the post) and twist them to persist fighting your useless argument.

Old
07-08-2011, 06:48 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 698
Quote:
Are you familiar with RW depth? Because that's something we don't exactly have a lot of you know.

P.S. Why is there so much stubborness in here???

P.S.S. If we had kept Stewart, we would actually have a little RW depth at least.

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 06:49 PM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl thrasher344 View Post
There is an EXTREMELY strong chance that neither becoming NHL players anyways.

Old
07-08-2011, 06:50 PM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Are you familiar with RW depth? Because that's something we don't exactly have a lot of you know.

P.S. Why is there so much stubborness in here???
Uhm yeah...?

Old
07-08-2011, 06:51 PM
kk
diehard NYI/WPG fan

Great trade for Chevy. Almost a steal. Fehr's health is a concern, but he'll hopefully be okay in due time.

This kind of helps offset what I think was Chevy's first blunder, not qualifying and keeping Anthony Stewart around. He's signed in Carolina now.

kk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 06:56 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk View Post
Great trade for Chevy. Almost a steal. Fehr's health is a concern, but he'll hopefully be okay in due time.

This kind of helps offset what I think was Chevy's first blunder, not qualifying and keeping Anthony Stewart around. He's signed in Carolina now.
This dude gets it.