HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexander Radulov

Old
07-08-2011, 08:06 PM
GarretJoseph*

vCash: 500
Alexander Radulov

Speculation has arisen recently in media reports that Radulov may consider coming back to the NHL next season. With Radulov playing in Russia for the past 3 seasons, winning two MVPS and a championship and a much larger paycheck perhaps its time for Radulov to test his skill set in the best league in the world, the NHL.

I figured he didn't like Nashville but instead of demanding a trade (not sure if he did), he signed a deal with a russian club (Salavat Yulaev UFA) and bolted. He wanted better playing conditions (I believe that means more money & a better city to live in, team to play for)

Now, call me crazy but I would imagine that one of the most attractive places for a Russian athletic to play in the United States would be New York City with quite a few Russian hot spots and a rather large Russian community here in the city.

I propose we arrange a deal with Nashville with the deal not being fully official until Sather & company sit down with Radulov and see if we can persuade him to play out his last year and then offer him a much better contract. Artem Anisimov & potentially Pavel Valentenko could be team mates for Radulov to have a good relationship with being all 3 are Russian.

I propose we offer Nashville one of the two packages below, Nashville after finishing last season 4th in the western conference on 99 points could use a top 6 winger (something that Radulov actually fits perfectly and with his cap hit would be just perfect for Nashville)

Wojtek Wolski
Ryan Bourque
2012 2nd Round Pick

or if they don't want salary coming back

2012 2nd Round Pick
Ryan Bourque
Tomas Kundratek.

Edit: I believe these are very attractive packages for a team that may never see Radulov lace up the skates for them again.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 08:17 PM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

If we can't in fact convince him to come to ny before hand, show him around and get him to somewhat agree to come here. I'd have no problem offering either package for him.

SwedishBullet62 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 08:17 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
Speculation has arisen recently in media reports that Radulov may consider coming back to the NHL next season. With Radulov playing in Russia for the past 3 seasons, winning two MVPS and a championship and a much larger paycheck perhaps its time for Radulov to test his skill set in the best league in the world, the NHL.

I figured he didn't like Nashville but instead of demanding a trade (not sure if he did), he signed a deal with a russian club (Salavat Yulaev UFA) and bolted. He wanted better playing conditions (I believe that means more money & a better city to live in, team to play for)

Now, call me crazy but I would imagine that one of the most attractive places for a Russian athletic to play in the United States would be New York City with quite a few Russian hot spots and a rather large Russian community here in the city.

I propose we arrange a deal with Nashville with the deal not being fully official until Sather & company sit down with Radulov and see if we can persuade him to play out his last year and then offer him a much better contract. Artem Anisimov & potentially Pavel Valentenko could be team mates for Radulov to have a good relationship with being all 3 are Russian.

I propose we offer Nashville one of the two packages below, Nashville after finishing last season 4th in the western conference on 99 points could use a top 6 winger (something that Radulov actually fits perfectly and with his cap hit would be just perfect for Nashville)

Wojtek Wolski
Ryan Bourque
2012 2nd Round Pick

2012 2nd Round Pick
Ryan Bourque
Tomas Kundratek.

Edit: I believe these are very attractive packages for a team that may never see Radulov lace up the skates for them again.
id give them a 3rd round pick and low to mid level D prospect at best....we may never see this guy in the nhl

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 08:18 PM
TrollololBoyle

He wants to come back and play in Nashville

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
He wants to come back and play in Nashville
He has been quoted as saying this, yes. He wants to play in Nashville next year.

07-08-2011, 10:43 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
like stated above, he wants to stay in Nashville

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 11:06 PM
Vitto79

even if this was a possibility its not smart since we already have the same player in Gaborik.

I like having 1 not 2. Wolski has the talent of a 2nd tier Radulov. Lets see if he breaks out. Its worth a chance he's 25

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 11:08 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post

Wojtek Wolski
Ryan Bourque
2012 2nd Round Pick

2012 2nd Round Pick
Ryan Bourque
Tomas Kundratek.

Radulov is a great talent who would be a tremendous acquisition. He's talking about the possibility of coming back (Read around in other threads) Neither of your packages comes even close to what it would take. Start with Kreider and a 2nd or Thomas and a 1st and go from there. Nashville needs scoring, not defense and would want cheap talent. Lots of it.

That said, after watching Radulov play and having a friend from the Preds organization tell me he's a good kid, I make either deal.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 11:22 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

can Radulov play LW? We are pretty backed up on the R

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 11:26 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

He may want to play in Nashville but if the Rangers show significant improvement this year, next year, etc. and with the young core in place, that will change his mind.

No point in getting him now though. Keep developing and getting closer, he's the kind of guy to acquire to put you over the top when the team is legit contenders. Also, the longer he stays out of the NHL, the more his value decreases.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 11:28 PM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

All that playing in Nashville stuff is PR ********. He doesn't want to play there. No offense to Nashville fans, but he left for money and a different environment. Nashville is not very welcoming to hockey. He'd choose New York over Nashville any day of the week.

Brendan Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 11:35 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Saying he wants to come back to NSH is the correct and professional thing to do. He does not want to earn a Heatley stigma of not wanting to play here or there. Teams also have to know he is committed to the NHL after his contract is up so it's a bit of salesmanship on his part. I'm sure Nashville will look to trade him. Not sure that team would be so happy to welcome their prodigal son back so warmly. With Gaborik and Callahan as our 1-2, unless he is able to play LW, I'm not so excited to expend assets on acquiring him.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 11:40 PM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Saying he wants to come back to NSH is the correct and professional thing to do. He does not want to earn a Heatley stigma of not wanting to play here or there. Teams also have to know he is committed to the NHL after his contract is up so it's a bit of salesmanship on his part. I'm sure Nashville will look to trade him. Not sure that team would be so happy to welcome their prodigal son back so warmly. With Gaborik and Callahan as our 1-2, unless he is able to play LW, I'm not so excited to expend assets on acquiring him.
Exactly. PR ********. It's the right thing to do, but in the end, it's ********.

Brendan Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 11:47 PM
Miz

Don't want him at all, I like him as a player and he has a great skill set to boot. But doesn't really fit the make up of this team. Plus, any player who leaves in the middle of his contract to go over to the KHL raises nothing but red flags for me. PASS

Miz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 12:00 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Brolov View Post
All that playing in Nashville stuff is PR ********. He doesn't want to play there. No offense to Nashville fans, but he left for money and a different environment. Nashville is not very welcoming to hockey. He'd choose New York over Nashville any day of the week.
This. He knows Nashville/their fans won't accept him back. He's trying to not look like the bad guy.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 12:17 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

This would be a steal

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 12:19 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
even if this was a possibility its not smart since we already have the same player in Gaborik.

I like having 1 not 2. Wolski has the talent of a 2nd tier Radulov. Lets see if he breaks out. Its worth a chance he's 25
Really? Two Gabbys sounds pretty good assuming they play to their potential

07-09-2011, 12:38 AM
Giacomin

If We could get him for a steal I would go for it but does he have the makeup to play in the NHL?

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 01:12 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post

Thats what i'm hoping happens. Give Wolski a chance.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 02:12 AM
Ola

400k or 6 000 000? What would you take?

I am not sure about the headcase label this kid is given.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 06:36 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
can Radulov play LW? We are pretty backed up on the R
I would think the opposite. The top 6 players (Or players with top 6 potential in the system) on the RW are Gaborik, Callahan, Thomas, and may be Fasth. MZA prefers the LW and Weise/Prust are more fit for the bottom 6.

Top 6 players on the LW (Or those with top 6 potential in the system) are Dubinsky, Wolski, Kreider, Miller, and MZA. Avery, Rupp, Wilson, and probably Hagelin are more fit for the bottom six.

I mean both sides could use some more quality depth, but the Rangers are much better off on the LW then the RW.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 06:43 AM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Brolov View Post
?

Not quite sure what you're implying, here.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard

Last edited by JeffMangum: 07-09-2011 at 07:04 AM.
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 07:52 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post

There is a stigma for not cutting it in the NHL. Not that he was terrible but he wasn't Crosby either.

Ultimately pro hockey players are very competitive people. They like to challenge themselves vs the best competition.

Most NHL players who go for the KHL do end up coming back when the opportunity shows itself

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 08:03 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
There is a stigma for not cutting it in the NHL. Not that he was terrible but he wasn't Crosby either.

Ultimately pro hockey players are very competitive people. They like to challenge themselves vs the best competition.

Most NHL players who go for the KHL do end up coming back when the opportunity shows itself
This is correct. I mean look at Jagr. 39 years old I think and came back to the NHL after three or so seasons in the KHL. He could have taken a one year contract for a good amount of money in the KHL and been closer to home (If he does indeed live primarily in the Czech Republic). Another name the comes to mind is Jiri Hudler. I think he came back after one season.

Also there is Nabakov, who didn't even complete an entire season after his signed a three year deal in the KHL. I think that had more to do with his wife if im not mistaken.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 08:24 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post

I am sure about the lable.

Have a contract, honor it.

CHange his situation to being an RFA and given the same choices, I have no issues with the kid.

What he did was wrong, regardless of the 0's on the paycheck.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote