HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Alexander Radulov

Old
07-11-2011, 02:44 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
What's wrong with you people?

What is the ****ing fascination with the enigmatic Russians? After Zherdev and Grachev plus not getting the full medical history on Cherepanov,its more Russians???????

This player bolted from his contract to the play in the KHL. Even IF he returned to the NHL,who is to say he doesn't go back there again. You can't trust him. Not a bad kid. BS.

The Russian players are the dinosaurs of the players. Fewer and fewer every year. Give me the North American kids and the European kids who WANT to play here.
There was not a transfer agreement between the NHL and the KHL when Radulov left Nashville, there is one now.

If the kid comes back to play one year for 400k after taxes or whateve instead of making 6m -- what does that say about his will to play in the NHL? (for the record, I doubt he is coming back though, but who knows)

AND, seriously, let's stop with this "Russian" thing. It's just stupid. Why talk about Radulov in the same sentance as Filatov or Zherdev? It's like comparing Marc Staal with Wade Redden/Drury/Gomez/Driver/or any of the 20 others NA UFA mega busts we have seen in NY the last 15 years. "What is the obsession with NAs who wants to make money? We all know they will suck in NY as soon as they get paid."

Radulov is nothing like Filatov. Or Zherdev. Look at what I've posted on those players in the past, I've never denied that they had big problems. Radulov does not have any problems. Not more than a Mike Richards or Jeff Carter. He is just like those two players. Like not Sid C II, but a very good hockey player.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 03:25 AM
Death By BB Gun
#therightway

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
What's wrong with you people?

What is the ****ing fascination with the enigmatic Russians? After Zherdev and Grachev plus not getting the full medical history on Cherepanov,its more Russians???????

This player bolted from his contract to the play in the KHL. Even IF he returned to the NHL,who is to say he doesn't go back there again. You can't trust him. Not a bad kid. BS.

The Russian players are the dinosaurs of the players. Fewer and fewer every year. Give me the North American kids and the European kids who WANT to play here.
How do you know he's not a good kid? Have you met him? Spoken to him? Oh, wait! He's a "Russian", so he must be a slimeball.

Last edited by Death By BB Gun: 07-11-2011 at 03:34 AM.
Death By BB Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death By BB Gun View Post
How do you know he's not a good kid? Have you met him? Spoken to him? Oh, wait! He's a "Russian", so he must be a slimeball.
American, Russian, Candian, Hungarian I don't give a crap. The guy didn't keep his end of his contract and walked out on a team that needed him. It was a Yashin move so stop acting like he has done no wrong.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 12:37 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers16 View Post
My point is Radulov for 12 minutes a night isn't a need. A LW who can play 20 good ones is. Saying Cally can play 3rd line doesn't change our LW situation. And MZA is like Krieder/Miller/Thomas in that we're still seeing what we have.

I absolutely read what you wrote, but none of it makes Radulov worth getting, nor does it give us a 20 minute LW.
You realize if Cally needs to hypothetically be on the 3rd line than that would leave an opening in our top 6 for Radulov to fill? And again if needed Gabs could move to LW, and again since Torts plays lines interchangeably 2nd line and 3rd line are almost just numbers. The pack line and a line of Wolski/MZA/Kreider at LW. Step at C and CT/ Rad/MZA is a solid and improving 3rd-2nd line. it's all hypothetical tho so I don't know why you continue to act as if this is real.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 12:49 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Artem Anisimov is Russian. I dont have any problems whatsoever with him.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 02:10 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
Speculation has arisen recently in media reports that Radulov may consider coming back to the NHL next season. With Radulov playing in Russia for the past 3 seasons, winning two MVPS and a championship and a much larger paycheck perhaps its time for Radulov to test his skill set in the best league in the world, the NHL.

I figured he didn't like Nashville but instead of demanding a trade (not sure if he did), he signed a deal with a russian club (Salavat Yulaev UFA) and bolted. He wanted better playing conditions (I believe that means more money & a better city to live in, team to play for)

Now, call me crazy but I would imagine that one of the most attractive places for a Russian athletic to play in the United States would be New York City with quite a few Russian hot spots and a rather large Russian community here in the city.

I propose we arrange a deal with Nashville with the deal not being fully official until Sather & company sit down with Radulov and see if we can persuade him to play out his last year and then offer him a much better contract. Artem Anisimov & potentially Pavel Valentenko could be team mates for Radulov to have a good relationship with being all 3 are Russian.

I propose we offer Nashville one of the two packages below, Nashville after finishing last season 4th in the western conference on 99 points could use a top 6 winger (something that Radulov actually fits perfectly and with his cap hit would be just perfect for Nashville)

Wojtek Wolski
Ryan Bourque
2012 2nd Round Pick

or if they don't want salary coming back

2012 2nd Round Pick
Ryan Bourque
Tomas Kundratek.

Edit: I believe these are very attractive packages for a team that may never see Radulov lace up the skates for them again.
1. Wolski likely to be bought out, IMO
2 These are the offers Nashville receives if and when it is 100% clear no possible return is inevitable --- and there will be competition for Radulov if it truly seems he wants back in the NHL, but not the Pred.
3 Have no reason to think he will unconditionally not return to Nashville.
4 Best bet is to make a larger deal, and have these rights "thrown in" as part of trade.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 02:57 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
American, Russian, Candian, Hungarian I don't give a crap. The guy didn't keep his end of his contract and walked out on a team that needed him. It was a Yashin move so stop acting like he has done no wrong.
Radulov is exactly like Brad Richards then who screwed Dallas. What's a ok reason to leave a team? Graves the saint left EDM, I would be proud if my son became the player & character of Graves.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 03:04 PM
allstar3970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Radulov is exactly like Brad Richards then who screwed Dallas. What's a ok reason to leave a team? Graves the saint left EDM, I would be proud if my son became the player & character of Graves.
You don't see the difference b/w Radulov signing with another team while still under contract and Graves/Richards leaving as FREE AGENTS?

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Thats just straight up ********. Richards honored his entire contract with Dallas and used the NTC that was bestowed on him.

Radulov treated his NHL contract like a piece of toilet paper and walked out on it completely.

Yea, but other than that, exact situations.

Youre generally a really good poster, but I would lighten up on this North American vs. Euro player crusade you're on because its making you look ridiculous.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 10:50 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Well, since you asked, an okay reason to leave a team is that your contract with them is over and you honored it throughout its duration. Thats what Richards did. Thats what Graves did if I'm not mistaken. That's not even slightly like what Rudalov did let alone "exactly" like it. He signed a contract and then broke it. Once you sign a contract with a team you play for that team until the contract is over - period. There is no excuse for what Rudalov did to the Predators franchise, not more money in another league, not home sickness - nothing.

Can you really not put yourself in their shoes even a little bit? If the Rangers spent a first on a player who played a part of their contract, looked promising, and then ditched the team and blatantly went against what they had agreed to in writing you think that would be okay? Or you think that is the same and not resigning with a team after you have played out your contract? I have a hard time believing that anyone could think that.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 02:40 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
Well, since you asked, an okay reason to leave a team is that your contract with them is over and you honored it throughout its duration. Thats what Richards did. Thats what Graves did if I'm not mistaken. That's not even slightly like what Rudalov did let alone "exactly" like it. He signed a contract and then broke it. Once you sign a contract with a team you play for that team until the contract is over - period. There is no excuse for what Rudalov did to the Predators franchise, not more money in another league, not home sickness - nothing.

Can you really not put yourself in their shoes even a little bit? If the Rangers spent a first on a player who played a part of their contract, looked promising, and then ditched the team and blatantly went against what they had agreed to in writing you think that would be okay? Or you think that is the same and not resigning with a team after you have played out your contract? I have a hard time believing that anyone could think that.
Okay, great. But that wouldn't be an issue if this had been the Rangers. If this had been the Rangers, he almost certainly wouldn't have left. How he dealt with Nashville may not be to your liking, but since it wouldn't really be an issue here, what relevance does it hold?

He's a very skilled, multi-faceted offensive player. I'd love to have him here. And I'm sure David Poile would love to have him back, as well, whether it be as a player or an asset.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 03:44 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Okay, great. But that wouldn't be an issue if this had been the Rangers. If this had been the Rangers, he almost certainly wouldn't have left. How he dealt with Nashville may not be to your liking, but since it wouldn't really be an issue here, what relevance does it hold?

He's a very skilled, multi-faceted offensive player. I'd love to have him here. And I'm sure David Poile would love to have him back, as well, whether it be as a player or an asset.
He wouldn't have left the Rangers if he was homesick and offered 10 times more money to play somewhere else? Based on what? NYC is easier to "find your place" in than Nashville, especially if you're an ethnic minority but I don't think that allows us to say for sure that he would or wouldn't have done the same thing to this team. Further more, that's not really the point. I was asking us to imagine if it were our team so that we could try to understand just how much of a negative affect his actions had on his franchise. Its easy to laugh at a different franchise's failure but when its yours you get a better idea of the real consequences of something like this.

The relevance that it holds is that it reflects poorly on his character. It shows that his understanding of the necessary amount of alliance to his franchise isn't the same as most other players' or most fans'. This team seems to be putting a high value on character lately whether you think its right or not.

He may well be very skilled and a great offensive player but if you can't count on him to hold up his end of a deal what good is that?

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 04:23 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Not trading any assets for a player who hasn't even made his mind up as to what league he wants to play in...

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote