HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Halo 4

Old
08-07-2012, 01:16 AM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
I just want simple a simple 1-50 level system. If that means only I can see it, then so be it

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 09:20 AM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

I wonder if H4 will be making an apperance at Fan Expo in Toronto?

Old
08-09-2012, 03:00 PM
FakeKidPoker*

New video on waypoint about the UNSC weapons

FakeKidPoker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 07:25 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Halo 4 armor depending on where you pre-order. Best Buy skin looks horrendous.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 08:16 PM
Patchey*

I prefer the more 'classic' armor variations from Halo 3

Patchey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 04:22 PM
FakeKidPoker*

@DMC_Ryan

Microsoft may not be at Gamescom, but we've got your Halo 4 goodness anyway. HUGE Halo 4 multiplayer news coming to @IGN at 5pm PT today.

Old
08-14-2012, 07:58 PM
FakeKidPoker*

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/...player-forever

Old
08-15-2012, 02:30 AM
Slapshot_11

So stupid

Slapshot_11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 01:26 PM
AllAbout813

I do not know how I feel about the "specializations." Seems like Halo is starting to get out of control. I am as big a fanboy for Halo as anyone else though, so I will of course still get it and try it out, but right now I am not sure I am really happy with the direction 343 is taking it. Who knows, maybe it makes it a lot more fun, we'll have to wait and see I guess.

AllAbout813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 04:07 PM
Deku Scrub
Stay Strong Murray

vCash: 550
I didn't read all of them, but I like the idea of specializations. However the Pioneer specialization sounds really stupid. I am heading into this game with an open mind. I've played so much Halo Reach that the standard formula has gotten stale for me. I'm all for change... as long as it turns out good.

Also, I just watched the video in the link posted above, multiplayer looks sick.

Last edited by Deku Scrub: 08-16-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Deku Scrub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 01:04 AM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Was there really something that wrong with Halo 2 multiplayer that they had to add all of this extra stuff in? Skin customization is cool and thats the only thing i think we need. Perks, power ups, and "classes" are too far away from the Halo 1 and 2 experiences that got me hooked.

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 07:36 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Was there really something that wrong with Halo 2 multiplayer that they had to add all of this extra stuff in? Skin customization is cool and thats the only thing i think we need. Perks, power ups, and "classes" are too far away from the Halo 1 and 2 experiences that got me hooked.
It got stale. Most Finnish (and foreign) reviews I've read of recent Halo games said the franchise needs to evolve, among those were reviewers I've played against several times on past Halo games. There's so much competition these days among FPS games that you can't sit still. Halo Reach still does so many things better than CoD games yet every one plays those.

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 09:41 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Any information on the stats system? Like k/d? Win/losses? I am kind of a stats ***** so that stuff matters to me (well in the beginning anyway)

(Also this isnt an argument with people who hate the k/d stat. Just asking if one was present)

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 01:27 PM
Slapshot_11

Halo 2 got stale? LOL by who? the kids getting destroyed?

If they put a halo 2 back online Reach would be dead. That game is just so terrible

Old
08-17-2012, 01:29 PM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot_11 View Post

If they put a halo 2 back online Reach would be dead. That game is just so terrible
This x100.

Hell, put Halo: CE back there and i'm sold. I miss the days when bad kids were bad, and good players shone.

Gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 01:47 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

I'm not sure stale is the right word.

But as far as the game, elements of it did get repetitive and tired.

It was still fun, and yes, the better you were, the more you probably enjoyed it, but it seemed a bit dated when compared with other shooters of the time.

I don't know that it had to evolve to the point where it might be a different experience, but it certainly needed to adapt to be a bit more current.

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 04:24 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
This x100.

Hell, put Halo: CE back there and i'm sold. I miss the days when bad kids were bad, and good players shone.
Halo CE Anniversary's been out for ages now.

Old
08-17-2012, 06:25 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
tried to play this for this first time in a looooooong time the other day, to see if i could still wreck it.... was so sad to see discover the servers were no longer running

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 10:52 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAbout813 View Post
I do not know how I feel about the "specializations." Seems like Halo is starting to get out of control. I am as big a fanboy for Halo as anyone else though, so I will of course still get it and try it out, but right now I am not sure I am really happy with the direction 343 is taking it. Who knows, maybe it makes it a lot more fun, we'll have to wait and see I guess.
I agree. Seems like it's going to be a cluster ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot_11 View Post

They have Halo 2 rules and maps in reach. You know what, it's boring after a few games. I missed the pistol but that's about it.

Old
08-17-2012, 11:05 PM
Slapshot_11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
I agree. Seems like it's going to be a cluster ****.

They have Halo 2 rules and maps in reach. You know what, it's boring after a few games. I missed the pistol but that's about it.
lol.

Old
08-18-2012, 12:18 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Halo CE Anniversary's been out for ages now.
I think he meant online. If they would have put an online in the Anniversary edition, I know SO many people that would have came back. As someone who played Halo PC for like... 10 years or so... there used to be a huge following. Ahh good times. Everyone would either pistol or snipe. If you could out pistol them, you knew you were "better".

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 10:08 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I think he meant online. If they would have put an online in the Anniversary edition, I know SO many people that would have came back. As someone who played Halo PC for like... 10 years or so... there used to be a huge following. Ahh good times. Everyone would either pistol or snipe. If you could out pistol them, you knew you were "better".
There is online in it, Anniversary playlist with original maps and Anniversary specific new maps.

Old
08-18-2012, 11:08 AM
Buddio
CFC

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
It got stale. Most Finnish (and foreign) reviews I've read of recent Halo games said the franchise needs to evolve, among those were reviewers I've played against several times on past Halo games. There's so much competition these days among FPS games that you can't sit still. Halo Reach still does so many things better than CoD games yet every one plays those.
That's just false. If Halo was the best/most addictive shooter on the market Halo would still be on top, but it's not because it's simply not that great of a multi-player experience.

Halo was at it's peak in Halo:CE/2/3, because it's core gameplay was unique and incredibly addicting. Halo was it's own unqiue type of fps, then came along Halo Reach which tried to attract the "CoD Fanbase"; perks, loadouts, what a joke. The ranking system made sense in Halo 3 and actually required skill and dedication to trying to hit 45-50, Halo Reach? Rank means nothing, just means how much spare time you have to grind out exp.

That's not Halo, that's a pitiful attempt to get gain a bigger fanbase while sacrificing everything that made Halo, Halo.

Buddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 11:16 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
It is online!!!! I swear 90% of the people in this thread complaining about Reach have never played it or not played it in years.

You can play Beaver Creak CTF or whatever on Reach with Halo CE/2 rules. Pistols are beast. There are several other maps on there as well.

Old
08-18-2012, 11:20 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddio View Post
That's just false. If Halo was the best/most addictive shooter on the market Halo would still be on top, but it's not because it's simply not that great of a multi-player experience.

Halo was at it's peak in Halo:CE/2/3, because it's core gameplay was unique and incredibly addicting. Halo was it's own unqiue type of fps, then came along Halo Reach which tried to attract the "CoD Fanbase"; perks, loadouts, what a joke. The ranking system made sense in Halo 3 and actually required skill and dedication to trying to hit 45-50, Halo Reach? Rank means nothing, just means how much spare time you have to grind out exp.

That's not Halo, that's a pitiful attempt to get gain a bigger fanbase while sacrificing everything that made Halo, Halo.
Halo is on one console so it's never going to be the top FPS. Ranking system is still there, you just have to play ranked games aka Arena. Halo 3's ranking system was exploited by boosters, that was a problem. There are no perks in Reach, and six loadouts. Only two loadouts in ranked, how the hell is that ruining Halo? So are you telling me adding two load outs to ranked games drastically ruined the experience. Did you expect them to release the exact same game with a bit better graphics, different maps and maybe a new weapon?!?!? Honestly, when is the last time you have played Reach?

Halo is much better FPS still than COD. Reach has been out two years, they spit out 2 COD games in that time frame. Halo is about teamwork and map control. In COD you can spawn with whatever weapon you like and camp choke points/objectives. The learning curve is much higher in Halo. If you never played either in your life, COD is just easier to pick up.

Last edited by HawksFan74: 08-18-2012 at 11:33 AM.